• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Its going to be a grueling 3 weeks until we know who the final 3-5 characters are. I am pretty confident Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo are among them, but I have my doubts. Hopefully we get a newcomer trailer soon.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
For what, exactly?

Yeah, sorry about having to wake up about bad news. It'll get better.

People suspect that Bowser Jr is a Diddy Kong clone. So there's that horrible news for you.

A lot of us are still worried about him, but confidence is always a good thing.

I feel bad for Sakurai, but I am the one and only person who is very glad that Ganondorf didn't change. I only played as him in Brawl because he was the way he was.

This last paragraph is so true. Nothing is confirmed / deconfirmed until Sakurai or Nintendo says so themselves.

Or he could go to YouTube. There are plenty of detractors there. :sadeyes:
The day I suspect we're getting Ridley
I bet my avatar

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That is very good news. There should be real consequences, I feel.
Then you'll be glad that this is maybe a thing

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Supposedly sued and fired, but nothing is confirmed yet. Source is that someone else who works at NoA watched the guy get caught.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
So I have to ask because this thread seems divided: Do you believe Ridley will participate in this iteration of Smash Bros.?
At this point, I myself think the leak added a confirmation sticker to his name. If you don't think so, explain why.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
...bowser jr is a diddy kong clone?

i thought that recovery looked familiar.

oh, god... just... just kill me now.

if this leak is real, i dont want to live anymore.

because at this rate, we're gonna end up with something like this...

bowser jr - diddy kong clone

shulk - roy clone?

ridley - most likely a charizard clone [if those other unique characters can be clones of unrelated characters, then you know ridley will be screwed over, too]

...and who knows what other bad things will come from it.

i'd rather be dead than live in a world where sakurai screws up a smash bros. game so severely after hyping us up so damn much.
Bowser jr is not a Diddy clone lol, the only similar move is his up special, and even then it functions differently from what we seen. Plus Shulk only shares like 2 moves with the other swordsman. If Ridley is in the only move he will share is probably the flamethrower attack, and even then thats not likely at all.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
...bowser jr is a diddy kong clone?

i thought that recovery looked familiar.

oh, god... just... just kill me now.

if this leak is real, i dont want to live anymore.

because at this rate, we're gonna end up with something like this...

bowser jr - diddy kong clone

shulk - roy clone?

ridley - most likely a charizard clone [if those other unique characters can be clones of unrelated characters, then you know ridley will be screwed over, too]

...and who knows what other bad things will come from it.

i'd rather be dead than live in a world where sakurai screws up a smash bros. game so severely after hyping us up so damn much.
Okay now Saks is deliberately pissing us off.

It's bad enough that the great King of Evil has to crib off another fighter when a majority of the fans have been speculating on alternate movesets for years, but why even give the damn Clown car to Jr. when you're going to just make him crib off another existing character? What's next, Charizardley?

Looks like we ARE getting Melee 2.0...

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
So I have to ask because this thread seems divided: Do you believe Ridley will participate in this iteration of Smash Bros.?
At this point, I myself think the leak added a confirmation sticker to his name. If you don't think so, explain why.
Yes.

Why are people complaining that Ridley will be a Charizard clone? Because Shulk and Bowser Jr. have the same Up B as Marth/Diddy?

That's like saying Greninja is a clone of Pikachu for the exact same reason -_-

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh god you're right, I picked up Shulk being a Marth clone with a gimmick taped to him, but I never noticed Bowser Jr. being a Diddy Clone. I found it weird his Up-B launched him and instead of making the Koopa Car fly. Any bets who the Duck Hunt Dog will be a clone of? I'm thinking Olimar.

At this rate, Ridley being a Charizard clone is going to happen if the leak is true.
At this point I could see Sakurai maybe being lame enough to give Ridley a Flare Blitz esque move and such to make him a Charizard semi-clone, but Rids getting like Rock Smash would still be incomprehensible, but I guess whatever doesn't result in Stage Hazardley I'll take.

Any chance we can make a leak free Ridley thread? I don't want to have to keep treading through sewage (leaks) to talk about Ridley on a Ridley thread. And we're so close to the Japanese release, I'm getting scared that this thread will get locked because people can't control themselves.

It wouldn't be too hard to talk about the leak on the leak thread and come back with just info related to just Ridley, but this thread seems all over the place talking about the leak.
So is every other thread. If this thread gets locked because of the leak talk, then so should practically every other character thread.

Am all for less leak talk and more Ridley talk though.

Can you believe it?

Sakurai has been giggling behind his screen for a year, waiting for the perfect to show people that Ridds is in the game,

and yet it's very likely he won't even be the one to reveal him?
Well if it's Stage Hazardley he was waiting for the last second to reveal, I'd call that karma.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm glad that Ridley isn't getting leaked.
I'm glad Sakurai is keeping a secret build to him and his wife.
It'll make for a better reveal to silence detractors everywhere.
We are strong independent supporters who don't need no leak!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mean
:(

"Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Impa, Dixie, and Ridley

DLC was fake just to **** with you ohmygosh."
Well at least K. Rool fans were spared of the deception.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Warning Received
Yes.

Why are people complaining that Ridley will be a Charizard clone? Because Shulk and Bowser Jr. have the same Up B as Marth/Diddy?

That's like saying Greninja is a clone of Pikachu for the exact same reason -_-
Shulk also has a counter Down-B and does a move similar to Marth's Side B at one point. Bowser Jr. shoots a cannonball similar to Diddy's Peanut Pop-gun and his Down-B drops a projectile just like Diddy

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Furthermore the leaker of this image confirmed that there are more than the shown chars. He posted a a cypher and said if you solve it you will see the remaining characters.. ofc someone solved it and this was found:
http://imgur.com/92NOfCW
(Yes sadly we have no images of the remaining chars. - So take this with a grain of salt.)

In other words, according to the leaker, the remaining 5 chars yet to be unlocked are:
-Mewtwo
-Mach Rider
-Impa
-Dixie
-Ridley
I wouldn't take that as fact. He's been long confirmed to be a liar and likely he has no clue who the rest of the characters are as no one from the leakers or related to the sources can back it up. He's just spewing crap to get attention just like he did with the DLC.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I wouldn't take that as fact. He's been long confirmed to be a liar and likely he has no clue who the rest of the characters are as no one from the leakers or related to the sources can back it up. He's just spewing crap to get attention just like he did with the DLC.
Not to mention the fact that his friend (the source) who works at the ESRB and who has no problem revealing information has for some reason absolutely refused to tell him the remainder of the roster.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I refuse to believe Bowser Jr. is playable as a Diddy clone.
This leak is fake.
Hopefully it's fake. Please be fake.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
You know what doesn't help?

Refreshing the leak thread while blasting the Joker theme from Dark Knight

I want Ridley so bad, but the fact that we've seen so much without getting his confirmation. It's driving me crazy guys. I'm literally waving my arms and muttering gibberish. My friends think I'm sick.

Maybe I am

If he ends up the Pyrosphere stage boss, I just hope that it's cool. The bosses in Brawl were awesome. Both Ridley's.

But I sure want him playable. I need to take my pills now.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I'm on the edge about this leak. It seems real at times and at other times it just seems unrealistic. Its getting ridiculous. Ridley isn't in it so people here are in denial about it but I mean the guy said it wasn't the full roster so maybe there is still hope for Ridley. Until someone can show me all the renders used for the character select screen then i don't know what to believe. :facepalm:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And this is why leaks are bad. Now I feel like Nintendo of Japan will never trust NoA or any other of their branches. Further delaying games in the future. May this be a lesson to you all.

https://twitter.com/CT_ZeRo/status/504063666153861120/photo/1

Sure hope this trial doesn't harm Ridley and any veteran favorites. Quite sad when something like this ruins the experience.
Right. He still has a copy. Of a game kept under lock and key and not allowed to be removed from the office. Even though he knows that will only compound his already back-breaking legal trouble.

BTW, could someone actually share the included picture? Because the link inside the tweet isn't working for me.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Warning Received
It is real, and he is far from a diddy clone.
This.

No seriously, where are people getting the idea that he's a Diddy clone?! His Up-B is the only thing that's even remotely close to Diddy. It doesn't even look like you can angle it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What the Ridley thread has been like for the past day, or so I imagine.

power-rangers-whats-happening.gif

Anything new?

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Leaker is a moron, giving his job to get a few minutes of fame, anyway, this is getting confusing, hopefully, ridley is one of those unconfirmed newcomers and the guy is serious this time, the bad news is that, since Nintendo had caught the leaker, we won't get more information until the japanese release

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Can someone please tell me WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!?
Did Ridley really just get confirmed?
We still don't know. The people publishing all the videos and images are claiming he is, but they have no proof.

Everything they have to submit is also from a video of the game. They have not proven that they have a copy of the game. So we can't expect to know any time soon. It's probably just steam.

View attachment 23034

Anything new?
Literally did that about 30 minutes ago walking into the kitchen. About Ridley.

Last edited:

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Warning Received
And this is why leaks are bad. Now I feel like Nintendo of Japan will never trust NoA or any other of their branches. Further delaying games in the future. May this be a lesson to you all.

https://twitter.com/CT_ZeRo/status/504063666153861120/photo/1

Sure hope this trial doesn't harm Ridley and any veteran favorites. Quite sad when something like this ruins the experience.
I sincerely hope you are wrong. Later releases of games would be terrible for the company. This person who leaked this deserves to be sued. He felt as though he could make people happy or get money from this so he did it. He leaked it so then he could make a profit... this is what i think cause why else would he leak it?:dizzy:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

View attachment 23034

Anything new?
Leaker claims that Ridley is confirmed, but there's no picture evidence.

I'm personally pissed off at the roster and the overabundance of clones, but since this is the Ridley thread, I'll just have to swallow the bitter pill of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for Space Dragony goodness.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just debating whether or not Ridley is one of the 5 characters the leaker doesn't know about. Also, everyone is a clone.
Even Bowser Jr.? He looked so good in that leaked video. I heard that he's supposed to be a Diddy Kong clone, which I seriously doubt is true.

I'm personally pissed off at the roster and the overabundance of clones, but since this is the Ridley thrad, I'll just have to swallow the bitter pill of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for Space Dragony goodness.
Yeah, I never really liked most of the choices for clones, except for Lucina. But if we get Ridley in the roster, I won't complain one bit.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304

View attachment 23034

Anything new?
Really that's the best way to describe it Lolz

Also i dont really see how people are saying Bowser Jr and Shulk are clones. People just like to make themselves sad for no reason it seems.

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Right. He still has a copy. Of a game kept under lock and key and not allowed to be removed from the office. Even though he knows that will only compound his already back-breaking legal trouble.

BTW, could someone actually share the included picture? Because the link inside the tweet isn't working for me.
If you want more info I would probably follow https://twitter.com/BalrogTheMaster. Not sure what the situation is... but the info seems convincing to me. When you work for a company and you leak any info and get caught... better prepare your lawyer cause you're going against Pheonix Wright. I have little knowledge about how gaming companies work but I'm sure they have you sign contracts to protect info from leaking.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Off topic/Warning Received

I'm personally pissed off at the roster and the overabundance of clones, but since this is the Ridley thrad, I'll just have to swallow the bitter pill of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for Space Dragony goodness.
Abundance? Falco and Toon Link are semi-clones and we don;t know how different Doc and Dark Pit are gonna be. Lucina is the only one we know for sure is a clone.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the other newcomers are based of other characters? Now Im more disappointed than before. Besides the idea of Ridley being a hazard, now we have to deal with a possible Charizard/Meta Knight mix?

D

Deleted member 245254

Zero cropped that from GoNintendo and I have to wonder how hey know even that?

If it was a NoA person who leaked, unless they were on the treehouse team it's possible they are still not privy to much information other than what was on the video.

Personally, Smash 4 has taught me ANYTHING leak wise, it's that I can't believe anything unless I see it with my eyes.

I'm tired of random text-based posts from anonymous nobodies. The pictures and videos sure is a significant win for "leaks", but looking at where it came from I can't determine there's anything else this leaker would know.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If you want more info I would probably follow https://twitter.com/BalrogTheMaster. Not sure what the situation is... but the info seems convincing to me. When you work for a company and you leak any info and get caught... better prepare your lawyer cause you're going against Pheonix Wright. I have little knowledge about how gaming companies work but I'm sure they have you sign contracts to protect info from leaking.
No one knows what the situation is. He just refers to "the source" that says that someone got caught. This is even less credible than the initial leak.

Last edited:

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
when i looked at the filler pic of the day today i thought that this was going to be a boring day with no new smash news little did i know :laugh:

Top Bottom