• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm noticing ever since this information became aware to us Smash fan in general, a lot of the threads seem to be acting a lot more entitled and universally slamming the game because their specific character was not confirmed, a certain DK characters thread in particular seems to be guilty of this. Because, you know, one character not being in suddenly makes the game a waste of time and not worthy of holding the same name, as well as Sakurai needed to never be allowed to work on it again. :rolleyes:

My point being, I'm glad this thread was never guity of that kind of reaction, and I'm glad I can continue to support Ridley, without having to feel ashamed to be grouped with you. :D
I've seen that type of reaction in this thread though. No support group is perfect.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Welp... This really took a burden on me... fainted fell asleep for and hour.

...Nintendo did stepped in after all... well they dun goofed. Sakurai is PISSED... no doubt about it. It's all over... I doubt he'll will ever want to do this ever again. This must be the worst day for Sakurai... I feel so bad for him. ;_;

At least this turmoil is finally over... at least mostly. This was the most stressful I've ever been in my life.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Character/Leak Discussion/Warning Received
So, I'm noticing ever since this information became aware to us Smash fan in general, a lot of the threads seem to be acting a lot more entitled and universally slamming the game because their specific character was not confirmed, a certain DK characters thread in particular seems to be guilty of this. Because, you know, one character not being in suddenly makes the game a waste of time and not worthy of holding the same name, as well as Sakurai needed to never be allowed to work on it again. :rolleyes:

My point being, I'm glad this thread was never guity of that kind of reaction, and I'm glad I can continue to support Ridley, without having to feel ashamed to be grouped with you. :D
To be fair, I'd be pissed off if 2 clones were a higher priority than the likes of K. Rool and Ganon.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think the trophy thing is just a coincidence, not actually implying anything xD

As for the stage thing, idk for sure, I've seen it translated both ways multiple times @.@

And yeah, the new info is a breath of fresh air here, we've been choking on the shadow for months...
Yeah, I completely agree on the trophy thing! I just don't mind writing about it because it's possible that it has some relevance, as unlikely as I think it is~

I hope we have a clear answer sooner or later, this could mean a lot to Ridley! I heard that the not a simple stage translation was done by Google Translate, but I don't know for sure... still, this information is like the snack before the second... this analogy ain't gonna work. But it's only tiding us over! We'll be back at the shadow shenanigans before the week is out! This is another coin in Ridley's well, if it says the stage is simple.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This site is so damn slow because of these videos. -_-

Welp... This really took a burden on me... fainted fell asleep for and hour.

...Nintendo did stepped in after all... well they dun goofed. Sakurai is PISSED... no doubt about it. It's all over... I doubt he'll will ever want to do this ever again. This must be the worst day for Sakurai... I feel so bad for him. ;_;

At least this turmoil is finally over... at least mostly. This was the most stressful I've ever been in my life.
I half want and half don't want to see if he'll do anything in tomorrow's PotD. Will he be pissed off? Does he have all the PotD's planned out beforehand, and if so, will be make an exception?

To be fair, I'd be pissed off if 2 clones were a higher priority than the likes of K. Rool and Ganon.
You're in the Ridley thread and you didn't say Ridley. ;-;

Or was Ridley part of that leak? I wasn't following it because I thought it was fake.

OR the stupid moron got his footage too close to proprietary models in gameplay. Nothing is confirmed until it comes through official channels.
Or he could just be flagging all leak videos. Have we had gameplay evidence of a leak prior to this? Nintendo could just be exterminating all leaks. I don't even know anymore.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what's happening regarding this leak? Please fill me in, someone. The leak had videos of gameplay up and NoA took them down, and the leaker said Ridley was in? Do we know it's the same leaker saying Ridley's in, or is it like "Gematsu Plus"?

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
RIDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY *Inserte pterodactyl sound here*

Tomorrow´s Pic of the day is going to be a huge mess xDDD

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Wait, what's happening regarding this leak? Please fill me in, someone. The leak had videos of gameplay up and NoA took them down, and the leaker said Ridley was in? Do we know it's the same leaker saying Ridley's in, or is it like "Gematsu Plus"?
"Gematsu Plus." Leaker put up some well-put-together crap, NoA took it down, everyone lost their bloody minds thinking the crap was genuine as a result.

Making my position as clear as possible now: Even if the leaker "confirms" Ridley, even if he claims that Ridley could be a new Meta Knight, even (or rather, especially) if the leak "confirms" my dream roster with the improved Ganondorf and Mewtwo and complete removal of Jigglypuff, I WILL consider it to be a bundle of lies unless and until Sakurai himself corroborates it. Leaks are fake until official channels declare otherwise.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So can someone explain to me where the Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider confirmations are coming from? Because I'm totally lost on that.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
"Gematsu Plus." Leaker put up some well-put-together crap, NoA took it down, everyone lost their bloody minds thinking the crap was genuine as a result.

Making my position as clear as possible now: Even if the leaker "confirms" Ridley, even if he claims that Ridley could be a new Meta Knight, even (or rather, especially) if the leak "confirms" my dream roster with the improved Ganondorf and Mewtwo and complete removal of Jigglypuff, I WILL consider it to be a bundle of lies unless and until Sakurai himself corroborates it. Leaks are fake until official channels declare otherwise.
The denial is strong with this one. I guess you never heard the statement "Never blindly follow a leader".

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Im a huge mess over Ridley. Its worse enough there's no actual confirmation, but im super pumped for having him in. Then in my other view getting Ridley but no K. Rool just tears me apart. How can one big reptile get in and the other not? Ugh I need to take a break from the boards before my head explodes, but Im too drawn in! :mad088:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Well done fake-outs/genuine leaks and Smash fans don't go together. If it is real, I have a feeling someone is gonna lose their job, and rightfully so.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Im a huge mess over Ridley. Its worse enough there's no actual confirmation, but im super pumped for having him in. Then in my other view getting Ridley but no K. Rool just tears me apart. How can one big reptile get in and the other not? Ugh I need to take a break from the boards before my head explodes, but Im too drawn in! :mad088:
I really hope K. Rool doesn't turn into a new Ridley. Or any other character for that matter.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Today is probably one of my worst days ever, both on the net and real life.
The leak which I hoped was fake turns out to be true (or at least more likely), and my pet crayfish had it's head ripped off.

Let's hope that the Ridley part is true, because this has seriously been a bad day for me, and Ridley being confirmed would make it all better.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I just noticed something in one of the pictures! You know the image with Master Hand appearing? On the bottom screen, his sprite looks eerily similar to his first appearance in SSE.

Here you go.
I've seen these renders in previous pictures. A few I can point out is Bowser (first Mario pic on website), Pac-Man (either from a PotD, or from his reveal trailer) and the rest I can't specify, but they all look very familiar.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I really hope K. Rool doesn't turn into a new Ridley. Or any other character for that matter.
No one deserves that amount of hate.

And that leak above got shulks and bowser jr moves down to the tee. I don't know my Space pirate comrades I think Ridley's in...

No matter what happens, just remember:

I, Rich Homie Quan, love every one of you.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Well to be fair K. Rool's chances are next to zero right now and a lot of us are pissed off when we see one of our favorite characters being so unlikely. It's going to happen when a group the size of K. Rool's takes such a hit, angry reactions and such. I've been very pessimistic and expressing my disappointment, but I will say one thing, Sakurai is the man to make Smash and I don't doubt that in the least bit, it's just irritating to have hype built up for no payoff even if it was some straw grasping in the first place. It's not just one character either, a lot of people had a lot of desired characters and maybe one or two made it in, so to them it doesn't really feel worth it, especially when they've been trying to be hyped about a new Smash game since its announcement, and after all that waiting, all they have is disappointment instead. But you know it would be very interesting to see another person take over Smash just to see what it's like.

Me, I'm coming to terms with the line-up if the leak is the done deal sort of thing with nothing else to add. It's not even close to what I've wanted, but almost all of the characters shown off are still ones I want to try out and enjoy playing with. Even if it looks like they butchered Shulk incredibly badly. I mean come on, his move set in the footage looked horrendous for someone could have so much more potential and uniqueness but nope he looks like Marth and Link had a child named Shulk, that one stings more than deconfirmations as does the lack of decloning Ganondorf (But if he's buffed up some from Brawl, OK I guess). That said even with my disappointment, I don't think we should be so quick to negativity, but to be honest I was pissed when I first saw footage and had to get it out, it's a thing that'll settle over time I imagine for many people (And some it never will to be fair).

Now the question stands, are the additional 3 true, and are they going to be Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley? I really hope so because those are some of my top characters to see in this game, and it would help restore my hype greatly after the hit it has taken recently. Dixie and Mewtwo seem sure according to some people, but Ridley is up in the air as ever and we still don't know anything in the end. What do we know about Ridley as far as it pertains to the leak besides him being mentioned before hand with all of these characters within the leak? (I just wanna know how much I should be expecting Ridley wise at this point, I'll take a deconfirmation if it just ends this pointless agony of waiting)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

Oh, I meant Gematsu Plus as "is it just an addition with Ridley to the leak looking good", is all. But, I can't say I'm going to believe it blindly myself, even if I won't dismiss it instantly. It's the same thing I did with Gematsu. I'm holding out until the official release, I just want to know more about it, is all.

Here you go

Aaah, I see. Can't say I trust the credibility of this one because of the tiny little faults with the posted images either way, but if that was the final roster I wouldn't complain. I mean, Ridley'd be in. I'd have no reason to complain about the roster.

Okay, noted. Also, dear God please don't act like this is "gospel". You should be reminded of Gematsu from the huge hint I just gave that was so not-subtle, Anthony Higgs would teach me a lesson about subtlety. Though this has a lot of stuff Gematsu doesn't, if you follow it blindly and say others are wrong for not believing it then if this is fake you're going to get a HUGE slap in the face. Y'know, like last time. Don't be fooled into blindly following the leak just because it has Ridley. Pinch of salt.

EDIT: 300th post. Sweet!

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
The leak's great, I think. It gave me that Sakurai feel from the start, which is a kinda nebulous feeling with, of course, plenty of unexpected clones. Don't give a damn though, we'll always have clones and RIDLEY IS MAXIMUM OVERHYPE GOOD GOSH Y'ALL

I'm trying to contain myself, but this could be the best thing to happen to Metroid in YEARS if true. At the same time, I don't want it to be fake and look like an idiot...

Nah I don't give a ****, RIDLEY 2K14 Y'ALL DAMN

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What the crap happned? Did a legit leak confirm Ridley? Alright, any news from a direct from Nintendo?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So wait, was Ridley confirmed or is this another fake? I don't really trust text after that "DLC"
Don't trust it until you've seen it. No one's seen it. The only confirmed newcomers are the ones from that roster we've seen. We've seen All Star Mode locked, which means there are more to come. The only question now is who.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley was basically confirmed in my eyes a long time ago, I've just been waiting for Sakurai to bomb the internet.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Guess it's time to start supporting Ridley as DLC...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
What the crap happned? Did a legit leak confirm Ridley? Alright, any news from a direct from Nintendo?
>Person uploads 7 gameplay videos of the previous leak.
>Nintendo gets pissed and claims all 7 videos
>Internet exploded and SmashBoards crashed

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
-Darn- U Neogaf!

-fun fact: using bad words is very rude, please don't-

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom