• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Mega Man's shadow is a little longer/thicker then Ridley's arm. I'd say thats a good sign.

Mega Man is in the perfect spot for comparisons.

EDIT: How does one make collapse tags? lol

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Shadow analysis was never really my thing, but there's a new HD screenshot of Pyrosphere that (kinda) clearly shows Pikachu's shadow, if anyone wants it.

I mean, I trust that y'all were fairly accurate anyway, but an extra comparison couldn't hurt. I think.
Where did you get this?

And well done now i can add megaman and pikachu to my shadow comparisons.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Circled one of the marks (rendered like pixelated **** though.) These markings are everywhere on the wall, consistently in three lines as if a hand scratched there. Of course now I realize that Other Ridley has 5 fingers, which means there should probably be 4 lines instead, but it's a bit too consistent to be coincidental imo.

Edit: Other Ridley turns out to only have 4 fingers, so it adds up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mega Man's shadow is a little longer/thicker then Ridley's arm. I'd say thats a good sign.

Mega Man is in the perfect spot for comparisons.

That's what I've been telling all the time! Sakurai literally gave us everything we needed for the shadow comparisons

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Circled one of the marks (rendered like pixelated **** though.) These markings are everywhere on the wall, consistently in three lines as if a hand scratched there. Of course now I realize that Other Ridley has 5 fingers, which means there should probably be 4 lines instead, but it's a bit too consistent to be coincidental imo.
It really makes sense that this is just Ridley's home stage now

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It really makes sense that this is just Ridley's home stage now
To be honest it's Ridley's home stage regardless whether he's a character or a boss, everything about it is all about him. I don't think it's an indication one way or the other.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Ridley thread was talking about Shipping, which died down...
And the King K. Rool thread was talking about Shulk, and I crashed the party by stating my opinion.
It's Chaos today.
Pure Chaos.
EDIT: Speak of the Giratina, RogersBase, the Shulk guy, just showed up. Hi there.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

So why did Ridley feel like attacking the wall so many times?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Funny thing about the lines, while Roidley has 5 fingers, meaning 4 lines would be the most logical, Brawl Ridley actually only has 4 fingers, meaning the claw marks would be more consistent for him since you exclude the thumb. Maybe they removed one of Roidley's fingers? :p

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Con0rrrr brought me here. Alright guys, convince me that Ridley is in.
Alright guys if you don't know Roger, he's from a popular Smash Podcast Japan Time. I invited Roger here because I thought that showing him @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 and @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 posts could give them some interesting discussions on the podcast this coming week. If someone could link him to the best posts made here on why Ridley is most likely to be playable that would be phenomenal. Videos are welcome as well.

Thanks for coming Roger.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Con0rrrr brought me here. Alright guys, convince me that Ridley is in.
So, I presume that you asking that question means you do not believe Ridley is in. What's your reasoning for that?

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
So, I presume that you asking that question means you do not believe Ridley is in. What's your reasoning for that?
He's a stage hazard and he's too big. That's really it.

To be completely honest, my mind is pretty much made up. I'm sure that Ridley won't be playable in the next game. With that being said, I am absolutely not opposed to him showing up since Metroid is my favorite single player franchise of all time and the more Metroid reps, the better. I legitimately want to be wrong, haha.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

To be completely honest, my mind is pretty much made up. I'm sure that Ridley won't be playable in the next game. With that being said, I am absolutely not opposed to him showing up since Metroid is my favorite single player franchise of all time and the more Metroid reps, the better. I legitimately want to be wrong, haha.
This about sums it up good sir.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, I'd start with the video @ Snagrio Snagrio just posted above you. That should give you a better idea about the situation.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

Stage Hazard argument is reasonable.

However, one look at Melee's opening trailer disproves the size argument. It's not saying "let's use the model from Melee's op", it's proving that he's been resized already in the same series, because character sizes fit their roles.

In Melee, he wasn't required to be huge because it was just an opening, so they used a model more akin to his regular size. In Brawl, he was a boss and needed to be big because he was a boss. Wouldn't be much of a fight with playable-size Ridley being hard and annoying to hit, right? Character sizes fit their roles, not the other way around.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People sure love RelaxAlax's video. I do too, but I do think the shadow analysis is more convincing as it doesn't just hinge on Sakurai being a nice guy.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People sure love RelaxAlax's video. I do too, but I do think the shadow analysis is more convincing as it doesn't just hinge on Sakurai being a nice guy.
Shadow analysis is better than Alax's video, even though his video is great.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Funny thing about the lines, while Roidley has 5 fingers, meaning 4 lines would be the most logical, Brawl Ridley actually only has 4 fingers, meaning the claw marks would be more consistent for him since you exclude the thumb. Maybe they removed one of Roidley's fingers? :p
:3 Um...Roidley has 4 fingers too...
HeightSamusRidleyHand_zpse0e86241.png

Image made by the great and powerful Oasis...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Bleh. Launch day is nearly upon us, so by this point I've given up trying to convert detractors, not to mention it's gotten extremely tiring. We'll know the truth soon enough.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'd write a full reply, but I can't for the life of me remember half the stuff I'd need to put in it, and I don't have the energy to browse through this thread. That's why permission to get mods to edit the OP with updates would be absolutely capital.

Long story short, Pyrosphere's one of the most-shown PotD stages and was absent in the demo. Nabbit proved that unfinished content can be shown, but Pyrosphere is definitely complete by now, as it doesn't take years to program one stage. It was an early-revealed stage, so there was absolutely no reason to not have it in the demo, yet it wasn't there.

There's no way Sakurai doesn't know Ridley's so heavily wanted, either; I have an incredibly hard time finding all this to be coincidence. Especially when hyping up Ridley in April to be a downgraded version of what he got last time that was already done in another game (Dead or Alive: Dimensions) while shadow comparisons prove he's potentially the size of other characters such as Bowser and moves at a crawl behind Pikachu makes absolutely no sense.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
WAIT. I Just Thought of something, regarding the unvailing:

Ridley truly is WAY too Big

...............of a Hype Bomb to be revealed in a random Nintendo Direct. and with the game just two months from release in Japan, it seems like a logical time to reveal him

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
TADA

these will be added to my cannonballs eventually

and this is the best one yet megaman and ridley are almost the same height. (in the air)

and look at the platform shadow in megamans picture.

RIDLEYS SHADOW IS ALMOST TO A T NEXT TOO THE PLATFORM

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Alright guys if you don't know Roger, he's from a popular Smash Podcast Japan Time. I invited Roger here because I thought that showing him @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 and @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 posts could give them some interesting discussions on the podcast this coming week. If someone could link him to the best posts made here on why Ridley is most likely to be playable that would be phenomenal. Videos are welcome as well.

Thanks for coming Roger.
My old essay 2 days before E3 is outdated but I posted with limited explanation my reasoning. Problem is that I may have to modify it with more details since I wrote that just for this thread. I'll do it today as soon as I have time but expect this to take quite some time since this post was quite long.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
TADA

these will be added to my cannonballs eventually

and this is the best one yet megaman and ridley are almost the same height. (in the air)

and look at the platform shadow in megamans picture.

RIDLEYS SHADOW IS ALMOST TO A T NEXT TOO THE PLATFORM
From my perspective, Ridley seems to be roughly twice Mega Man's height and width. Mega Man is a medium sized character.

Yep, that sounds like a playable size.

And looking at the two pictures, they really did angle that footage of Ridley just enough to cut out the platform's shadow. I wonder why they did that.

Toastie

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has been addressed in the hundreds of pages of discussion since the Smash Bros. Direct, and it's a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway:

The main problem I have with the shadow is that, when Ridley flaps his wings, he doesn't move up or down - he appears to stay stationary in the air. Also, when he moves, he seems to move perfectly horizontally. The existing 'flying' characters such as Pit bob up and down when in the air, as the player is essentially letting them drop and then making them 'jump' again each time. However, Ridley's movements seem more choreographed.

Please prove me wrong, Ridley would be a great addition!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Also, Ridley may be my Number 1 most wanted, although honesty, I'd rather see K.Rool on Monday. at this point, I'm pretty confident that Ridley's in, and I'm just waiting patiently for his trailer. K.Rool has been a bit more nerve wrecking, and matters are only made worse when you consider the fact that the K.Rool thread is practically giving up on him at this point, begging for him to be lowly DLC. I really want the poor King to just get revealed, if not for the fact that he's my second most wanted, then because I want his support thread out of Eeyore Land........

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm sure this has been addressed in the hundreds of pages of discussion since the Smash Bros. Direct, and it's a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway:

The main problem I have with the shadow is that, when Ridley flaps his wings, he doesn't move up or down - he appears to stay stationary in the air. Also, when he moves, he seems to move perfectly horizontally. The existing 'flying' characters such as Pit bob up and down when in the air, as the player is essentially letting them drop and then making them 'jump' again each time. However, Ridley's movements seem more choreographed.

Please prove me wrong, Ridley would be a great addition!
Well, there are a few things to this.

Personally, I believe that was a very, very planned segment. Maybe even to the point of scripted. If you re-watch it, you'll notice the sound has been cut out of it. There's definitely something odd with it.

Others think Ridley will have a unique flying mechanic, which is also a good theory. Traditional gliding from Brawl seems to be gone, and other flying characters, Metaknight and ROB, who might share this, haven't been shown.

There are one or two other theories, but those are the prominent ones.

Also, Ridley may be my Number 1 most wanted, although honesty, I'd rather see K.Rool on Monday. at this point, I'm pretty confident that Ridley's in, and I'm just waiting patiently for his trailer. K.Rool has been a bit more nerve wrecking, and matters are only made worse when you consider the fact that the K.Rool thread is practically giving up on him at this point, begging for him to be lowly DLC. I really want the poor King to just get revealed, if not for the fact that he's my second most wanted, then because I want his support thread out of Eeyore Land........
That's fair. We know for sure at this point that Ridley is at least in the game, which is more than we can say for K. Rool. I can understand your plight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom