• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So what's the consensus now? Does Pyrosphere not being at the demo subtlely help his chances for any of you?

I don't think it would if not for the fact that we've seen the stage in every other picture released for the game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So what's the consensus now? Does Pyrosphere not being at the demo subtlely help his chances for any of you?

I don't think it would if not for the fact that we've seen the stage in every other picture released for the game.
Pretty much this, why tease him so much? we'll just have to wait

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've lost hope for my beloved Ghirahim unforntunately, but Ridley lives yet!

I'm absolutely positive he is in now.

The only way all this indirect teasing could happen and Ridley not be playable is if Nintendo doesn't know what the fans are thinking.
Which, judging from everything we've seen recently, is clearly not the case.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I think it helps Ridley out, but it makes me more angry that we haven't seen, heard, or...felt? so much as a sight, name, or...skin texture? of him since the Direct!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ok, I'll stop, let's not act like bronies and force them to deal with it.
Um...what?

Pretty much this, why tease him so much? we'll just have to wait
Probably not much longer. There's one more Direct on the way, and if he's in at all, that's probably where he's to be revealed.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

To me it means that the Smash team doesnt want us to know what happens in that stage yet to not spoil the fate of Ridley. If he is a boss, either he doesnt do much to differentiate himself from the Yellow Devil and thus being redundant for the demo, or Sakurai didnt feel like deconfirming characters at E3 and just focus on the good stuff (kinda hard for Tom Nook fans I guess tho)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To me it means that the Smash team doesnt want us to know what happens in that stage yet to not spoil the fate of Ridley. If he is a boss, either he doesnt do much to differentiate himself from the Yellow Devil and thus being redundant for the demo, or Sakurai didnt feel like deconfirming characters at E3 and just focus on the good stuff (kinda hard for Tom Nook fans I guess tho)
I don't know. From what I have seen, Sakurai is very direct with character confirmations. He also likes surprises. I find it hard to believe he would wait so long to come out with something everyone is dreading.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nintendo just announced a mega evolution for a certain purple Pokémon. Why not go further and reveal a purple character for Smash Bros? :c

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
I get it now! Sakurai is keeping us waiting because he wants it to be a surprise so the tension builds up enough that it will explode in popularity!

While were waiting, let's listen to Ridley's theme in brawl, and while I don't like Other M Ridley, I will still play the game even if it is his other M self. Buy that Ridley is a clone, so one will be a stage hazard and the real one is in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
If he did not want us to know what happened on the stage, he would not directly allude to Ridley as a boss character. I am certain that the stage does not have Ridley on it, which would therefore directly confirm him.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Have you seen how aggressive the haters are to Ridley!?
To be honest I terribly hate the idea of Ridley being in Smash.

In a way everyone is fighting for their opinion. Tthe detractors just find the idea of him being in so to say dumb while you guys would love him to be in (and can be equally vicious or aggressive in your arguments)

We are all just fighting for our stand and there's nothing wrong with it so calm down. (Unfortunately there is no way we can stop the arguments here and there ._.) Each side will just find the other's actions incredibly aggressive and impossible to understand.

PS: Don't speak/type like a 10 year old, people will appreciate it :) (not referring to the quoted comment)

(Don't wish to generate hate but oh well I am a detractor in the dragon's base what can I do :drifloon:)

Reila

Other M Ridley looks fine to me, not as good as Zero Mission Ridley though. Ridley is actually one of the few things I don't dislike in that game.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I think Other M Ridley works better when sized down than regular Ridley so it is probably the better choice. I have no problem with the design, and if Ridley is in with that design, I wont complain. :b:
It is still Ridley.

Reila

Someone needs to make a video music like this for Ridley when (and if) he is confirmed. It will be glorious.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's gonna be a loooooooong two months until August isn't it? I mean, August is a big Metroid month...maybe we can all just believe? Although I'm more concerned for K.Rool now than I am for Ridley.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Whoa calm down don't get sore just because you didn't get the character.
There are reasons why the "hotly requested newcomers" don't get in (except Palutena) I think
That's ok, I don't like people who stick to their guns and don't waste money on products they don't want either.

I'm at one of the Smash Fest Best Buy events right now -- no new info or hints, nothing on any more newcomers. The game's a lot like Brawl, but faster and more colorful. It would've been nice if they revealed another newcomer in the demo, like Ridley or someone of the sort. Oh well. :(

Last edited:

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
That's ok, I don't like people who stick to their guns and don't waste money on products they don't want either.

I'm at one of the Smash Fest Best Buy events right now -- no new info or hints, nothing on any more newcomers. The game's a lot like Brawl, but faster and more colorful. It would've been nice if they revealed another newcomer in the dem
But Sakurai said he will make it work like melee!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Alright, smash bros is up next on the livestream. Im not really expecting Rids, but it'll be fun to watch.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Just been told we might be in for a surprise, on the Treehouse current streaming. Just hope surprise is a reveal not a guest on the stream

Top Bottom