• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose a Ridley reveal is possible, but I am honestly not expecting anything to that effect. Yesterday would have been the most ideal time to reveal a character. I have a feeling that the suspense is for the Pac-Man reveal that we already had, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

I suppose a Ridley reveal is possible, but I am honestly not expecting anything to that effect. Yesterday would have been the most ideal time to reveal a character. I have a feeling that the suspense is for the Pac-Man reveal that we already had, unfortunately.
I agree. I honestly doubt we're getting anymore character related news at this point. See ya in July when a veteran is revealed while people complain about filler!

flamesaber111

Smash Rookie
Too bad. Waiting is part of life. Get used to it. You can't expect them to detail everything before release. The fact that we have pic of the days is amazing enough.
We're not asking them to detail everything, we're asking that they finally put to rest whether or not Ridley's playable.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Will we actually be able to SEE this stream? I was furious that the Q&A session wasn't broadcasted last night....

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Will we actually be able to SEE this stream? I was furious that the Q&A session wasn't broadcasted last night....
No, we won't see the stream, because there is no stream. We will wait for someone to update their twitter with info about the new "big" game.

Reila

I will be honest, I hate this NFC/NFP/whatever thing, but I would soooo buy the Ridley one if he is in the game.

As well as Samus and Zero Suit Samus' figurine, because Metroid.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I will be honest, I hate this NFC/NFP/whatever thing, but I would soooo buy the Ridley one if he is in the game.

I love the idea of the NFC figurines, because this means that if the game gets popular competitively, it adds a whole new layer of strategy to the metagame to come loaded with the figurines of your favorite characters, loaded with the NFC data of your mains. This means:

* You can use customized characters with their equippables.
* You can use customized MOVESETS, which is huge.

Seriously, people were discussing if movesets would be viable for competitive Smash, and I argued that there had to be a fast way to change these movesets to potentially see them used. With the NFC figurines, you just have to put it on the little NFC icon on the Wii U gamepad and bam. Unique character with unique equips and customized movesets. Best of all, if you main Mii Fighter, you get sweet, sweet aesthetics to show off.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I will buy a Dry Bones figure if it will work for MK8. In fact, I'd buy a figure for just about any character I like, on the sole virtue that I'd want a figure for that character.

Reila

I love the idea of the NFC figurines, because this means that if the game gets popular competitively, it adds a whole new layer of strategy to the metagame to come loaded with the figurines of your favorite characters, loaded with the NFC data of your mains. This means:

* You can use customized characters with their equippables.
* You can use customized MOVESETS, which is huge.

Seriously, people were discussing if movesets would be viable for competitive Smash, and I argued that there had to be a fast way to change these movesets to potentially see them used. With the NFC figurines, you just have to put it on the little NFC icon on the Wii U gamepad and bam. Unique character with unique equips and customized movesets. Best of all, if you main Mii Fighter, you get sweet, sweet aesthetics to show off.
I think this would only further complicate a game that already is complicated in a competitive level.

But, thankfully, apparently you can simply ignore these shenanigans and play the game as usual. Apparently.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I think this would only further complicate a game that already is complicated in a competitive level.

But, thankfully, apparently you can simply ignore these shenanigans and play the game as usual. Apparently.
That's probably how it's going to be done regardless, I'm just saying. The possibility is there to make it quick and easy to AT LEAST have customized specials in competitive.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So many posts...oh, I love the idea of the figurines! :/ but since not a single one of the ones that were shown are Rids...meh...if Ridley gets in I will buy the figurine, definitely...even if it looks like Roidley...but it would be a high quality figurine...Still, I have my hopes to learn one day how to sculpt and make Ridley, Meta and Omega...

For now I will just make a T-shirt with stencil that says "RIDLEY THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH" for Typography class, :/ too bad the teacher didn't let me put images or drawings on it...I would have made one that said "Catrín Style" and put my Catrín Ridley on it...hopefully I will have the inspiration to do it someday...

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
As much as I'd love to see a new Metroid and Ridley be revealed at this thing but we should keep in mind that this game could be literally anything. Even if he doesn't get revealed he still has plenty of chances in the near future.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love to see a new Metroid and Ridley be revealed at this thing but we should keep in mind that this game could be literally anything. Even if he doesn't get revealed he still has plenty of chances in the near future.
Pretty much, and even if it's a new Metroid, there is no guarantee that Ridley is going announced to be playable in smash at the same time.

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I told you ridley ****boys. There will be no ridley for E3.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Pretty much, and even if it's a new Metroid, there is no guarantee that Ridley is going announced to be playable in smash at the same time.
You have to admit a new Metroid game would help his chances quite a bit. Still like I said this game could be anything. It could be something awesome or it could be totally lame. Really hoping it's one of the many awesome things that people have been speculating.

Chase

Smash Ace
You have to admit a new Metroid game would help his chances quite a bit. Still like I said this game could be anything. It could be something awesome or it could be totally lame. Really hoping it's one of the many awesome things that people have been speculating.
If it's not a new Metroid, I hope it's another retro revival. KI:U was so fun!

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I told you ridley ****boys. There will be no ridley for E3.
You again? Weren't you banned or something? Also if you hate Ridley so much why do you even care? Do you have anything better to do than troll?

If it's not a new Metroid, I hope it's another retro revival. KI:U was so fun!
Kid Icarus was amazing !! Maybe we'll get a reboot of The Mysterious Murasame Castle (that would really help Takamaru) or an Uprising sequel.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My God, isn't it obvious to you guys?

Sal leak is obviously true at this point. It mentions DLC. They're going to make Ridley DLC because people are guaranteed to buy him.
I always thought that all of the characters in right now was all the characters we'd be geting period and Shulk+Chrom is DLC.

Ridley is good too

Top Bottom