• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So they said they played as some unannounced character backstage. While that's most likely veterans, it suggests that they aren't done with announcements, otherwise they wouldn't bring a gameplay demo with unannounced characters.

On another hand, Samus has the Phazon Suit as a recolor, and it looks ****ing amazing.
Really? That is cool. The Phazon Suit is hands down my favorite suit in the series.

You know, maybe that riddle leak was right and the "COMBination of 6 more fighters!" is really related to Smash. If so, three to go.

Don't get your hopes up

Ascended

Smash Ace
So they said they played as some unannounced character backstage. While that's most likely veterans, it suggests that they aren't done with announcements, otherwise they wouldn't bring a gameplay demo with unannounced characters.

On another hand, Samus has the Phazon Suit as a recolor, and it looks ****ing amazing.
Aw, for a moment I thought you were talking about the Fusion Suit. I always play with that recolor in Brawl, and having the actual legit Fusion Suit as an alternate costume would be a dream come true. :(

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I love you Ridley! If this announced character is Ridley, when do y'all think they'll announce him? Tonight at the 3ds conference?

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly no longer expecting Ridley at e3; I did not from the second Mii characters were announced. However, I still feel as though he is one of the most obvious characters in the game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Pics or it didn't happen.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
The fact that the leak was true and thse characters might be all we're getting is extremely disheartening. Honestly, if at least one of the other hotly requested newcomers including Ridley doesn't get in, I won't buy the game. If everyone, or at least the vast majority of players, aren't happy then I'm not happy.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Huh...so Ridley lives to die another day eh? I am sincerely perplexed at the lack of Smash Bros we've gotten at E3...the newcomers weren't bad, but I was expecting veterans as well.

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
He MUST be in the game! He must! That shadow doesn't say much in size and remember, sakurai has focused on balancing the game than the characters, so Ridley will be well balanced and if you say Ridley is too big, remember that this is Nintendo were talking about, and they have been making games since 1980! Also, the game isn't finished yet, where is Ganon or Jigglypuff?!

Last edited:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
They're gonna suprise us, after all Masahiro Unpredictable is directing the game.
I would agree with you if this was brawl but not now. After the salromano leak, the reveals have been predictable and hype killers. Mainly because people got a heads up months in advance. I want it to be wrong honestly but that doesn't seem it'll change

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I would agree with you if this was brawl but not now. After the salromano leak, the reveals have been predictable and hype killers. Mainly because people got a heads up months in advance. I want it to be wrong honestly but that doesn't seem it'll change
I don't believe that the leak said these were ALL of the newcomers. Ridley don't care about no leaks.

He is so big, that data from the game leaks from the game.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Aw, for a moment I thought you were talking about the Fusion Suit. I always play with that recolor in Brawl, and having the actual legit Fusion Suit as an alternate costume would be a dream come true. :(
The Fusion recolor is in a couple of videos, but it's still just a regular recolor.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I only saw it on the stream before where I thought it looked a bit more black, but false alert, it's a bit too brown to actually be the Phazon Suit as seen in this GameXplain video. Looks killer regardless.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The Fusion recolor is in a couple of videos, but it's still just a regular recolor.

I only saw it on the stream before where I thought it looked a bit more black, but false alert, it's a bit too brown to actually be the Phazon Suit as seen in this GameXplain video. Looks killer regardless.

That's Echoes' Dark Suit. It was also in Brawl.

The Phazon suit is black and grey with a red visor.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I had this scenario in my head where you see Captain Falcon in a race, then Falco appears in his modified arwing, they race for a bit then Ridley crashes the party

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's Echoes' Dark Suit. It was alos in Brawl.

The Phazon suit is black and grey with a red visor.
Yeah, I know. Or actually, I didn't know it was supposed to be the Dark Suit, guess I can't recognize it without those ridiculous wheel shoulders. Only saw it in the stream on the character select screen though, so I was just a bit too quick to jump to a conclusion.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Samus does the vallerina pose as her intro animation??? Ugh...

Also, bummed that she doesn't have different suits as alt costumes, but oh well.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Aww.. So it's still pretty much the Dark Suit from Echoes. Not bad though. Still worth seeing.

Well, Ridleymy birthday confirmed today so I'll be goin' out for now.. Later peeps. Stay strong and take a break from speculation if you need to.

Last edited:

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
Remember, Ganon and Jigglypuff were still not announced and Jigglypuff is one of the originals!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For an unmistakable fact though Rosalina had a unique victory theme in the stream which was the jingle when you get a power star in Galaxy, which means that some characters other than Meta Knight are going to have individual victory themes at the very least. I'm not sure if everyone has a unique theme now, haven't seen a direct sound video of someone like Bowser winning, but it opens up the possibility of a unique theme for Ridley, which is almost a must considering how peaceful Samus' victory theme sounds.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Aww.. So it's still pretty much the Dark Suit from Echoes. Not bad though. Still worth seeing.

Well, Ridleymy birthday confirmed today so I'll be goin' out for now.. Later peeps.
Happy Ridley Birthday!

For an unmistakable fact though Rosalina had a unique victory theme in the stream which was the jingle when you get a star in Galaxy, which means that some characters other than Meta Knight are going to have individual themes at the very least. I'm not sure if everyone has a unique theme now, but it opens up the possibility of a unique theme for Ridley, which is almost a must considering how peaceful Samus' theme sounds.
A fragment of his theme would be kickass.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
The fact that the leak was true and thse characters might be all we're getting is extremely disheartening. Honestly, if at least one of the other hotly requested newcomers including Ridley doesn't get in, I won't buy the game. If everyone, or at least the vast majority of players, aren't happy then I'm not happy.
Whoa calm down don't get sore just because you didn't get the character.
There are reasons why the "hotly requested newcomers" don't get in (except Palutena) I think

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For an unmistakable fact though Rosalina had a unique victory theme in the stream which was the jingle when you get a power star in Galaxy, which means that some characters other than Meta Knight are going to have individual victory themes at the very least. I'm not sure if everyone has a unique theme now, haven't seen a direct sound video of someone like Bowser winning, but it opens up the possibility of a unique theme for Ridley, which is almost a must considering how peaceful Samus' victory theme sounds.
I wasn't paying much attention to the stream but yes Bowser don't have the classic mario victory theme anymore.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Well, Ridleymy birthday confirmed today so I'll be goin' out for now.. Later peeps. Stay strong and take a break from speculation if you need to.
Happy birthday! :3
Does Bowser have a voice similar to his voice in Mario Games, or is he still Godzilla?

Ridley will be shown eventually. We can't be left in the dark forever!
Someone on NeoGAF said he has the same voice he has in Mario games... but he can't confirm that for some reason.

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Ridley will be shown eventually. We can't be left in the dark forever!
Yep, we know he's in the game for sure just whether or not he's a stage hazard or character. Only time will tell that. Also I don't know if this was mentioned before but does anyone else think that Ridley was flying so long in the direct because of his final Smash? Heck he could have been using the jet-pack from Pilot Wings for all we know. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom