• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Guys, just know that I put emphasis on the "big" part of the sentence jokingly. Yes, the host dude did say it's a big day for Smash at the beginning of this stream, but in all likelihood it won't be the kind of big we're thinking of (Ridley or otherwise). All I'm saying is, don't get too hyped.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
When it comes to evidence if Ridley is just a stage hazard or indeed a playable character, less seems more imo, and I don't think Nintendo would tease or drop hints that Ridley is a stage hazard.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Warning Received
Chrom's the protagonist of the newest successful Fire Emblem title. They're gonna do what they're gonna do. :p
\

**** Chrom! I want the RNG GODDESS to join the fight

Trivia: Anna made an appearance in almost every Fire Emblem game as an NPC/Tutorial Guide......and Fire Emblem Awakening is her playable debut.

Besides, we could use a red-head sword weilder other than Roy from the Fire Emblem and a hot babe to boot.
Married the RNG Goddess in my FE: Awakening game. SCORE:p

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Off topic.
Been checking on the forum now and again for a while, and finally decided to join as well

Sorry if this has already been said (tried to backtrack to see if it was), but how much credibility does the trophy theory have? aka The Metroid, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus games having new characters?

So far Palutena has been revealed and Ike is returning. Also There's no rep for Zelda or Metroid unless you count Shiek and Zero Suit Samus. But if they're new characters we could still see Chrom, Ridley and a new Zelda rep.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"Chrom's the protagonist of the newest successful Fire Emblem title" Except he isn't the protagonist, Robin is.

Reggie is talking about Smash in the Treehouse now, btw.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
"Chrom's the protagonist of the newest successful Fire Emblem title" Except he isn't the protagonist, Robin is.

Reggie is talking about Smash in the Treehouse now, btw.
Was talking about Smash. They bait n' switched to Splatoon.

EDIT: They're just talking about the games in general...

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
If Ridley is confirmed in today's treehouse I think my brain would likely melt, Paluneta, then Pac-man. Wouldn't mind Falco being confirmed either ;P

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I'm not sure if this was discussed, but I remember weeks back I saw a point made about this on the FD Pyrosphere. The lava will be part of the stage even in FD mode, as shown above. Not sure if it means anything, but just thought I'd point it out (and if it was discussed, sorry, but there's a HUGE number of new posts lol.)
Lava Cascade is not the only difference between the Normal and FD Pyrosphere

What you have up there is the NORMAL Pyrosphere.

Look at the Purple Tubes underneath the stage. Normal Pyrosphere's Purple Tubes have some "metallic cage" surrounding them....The FD Pyrosphere have no metallic cages binding the Purple Tubes.

Also, look at the WALLS of the Stage. The Normal Pyrosphere has LIGHTS on the Wall, the FD Pyrosphere lights are off. (You can see a light under the hole in the Normal Pyrosphere).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I considered Impa as a reskin for Shiek, but without her signature sword from Hyrule Warriors
I see her become a semi-clone DLC, or late addition. What just really, really strenghtens my vision of her getting in (recently, people know of my dedication to her) is Ganondorf, and how he likely won't use a sword this time either. Also, all Smash Zelda characters are apperantly playable in Hyrule Warriors according to a 4chan leak (outside of Toon Link). And there are quite some new characters, so Impa really stands out, as she (togheter with Midna) is a character outside of the Triforce trio and Sheik from the mainseries to be playable. And Midna was likely chosen cause she was easy to create using Twilight Princess's moves (if there was no wolf I wouldn't have said this).

Mario and Pokémon have gotten newcomers, it's very very possibly Zelda will have one to soon.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I had a theory that Nightmare might be a stage hazard on pyrosphere or a replacement hazard for Ridley if the stage works like the Spirit track stage, that purple tube might have something to do with gravity, but haven't played Other M or Fusion for a while to be sure.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
One Million
One million year.

Lava Cascade is not the only difference between the Normal and FD Pyrosphere

What you have up there is the NORMAL Pyrosphere.

Look at the Purple Tubes underneath the stage. Normal Pyrosphere's Purple Tubes have some "metallic cage" surrounding them....The FD Pyrosphere have no metallic cages binding the Purple Tubes.

Also, look at the WALLS of the Stage. The Normal Pyrosphere has LIGHTS on the Wall, the FD Pyrosphere lights are off. (You can see a light under the hole in the Normal Pyrosphere).
Actually, if you look closely, everything you mention is in the image you replied to...

Also, the new announcer sounds absolutely badass.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley was in that Pokeball, if they would have released him, he would have murdered them all and lights would flash all over the showfloor. A reveal trailer would play for Ridley and Sakurai would float down from the clouds of Nintendo into the convention center.

EDIT: Ridley was trying so hard to get out, that he froze the game.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
MOTHER BRAIN IS TOO SMALL AT FIRST :troll:
but then she can turn 180 degress

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
This isn't the best time for showing off badly-drawn MS Paint Ridleys, but I was looking through my old blog (not giving the link, It's really stupid) and found this:
RidleyObjection.png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So they said they played as some unannounced character backstage. While that's most likely veterans, it suggests that they aren't done with announcements, otherwise they wouldn't bring a gameplay demo with unannounced characters.

On another hand, Samus has the Phazon Suit as a recolor, and it looks ****ing amazing.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Please don't double post.
Last edited by a moderator:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
So they said they played as some unannounced character backstage. While that's most likely veterans, it suggests that they aren't done with announcements, otherwise they wouldn't bring a gameplay demo with unannounced characters.

On another hand, Samus has the Phazon Suit as a recolor, and it looks ****ing amazing.
Ehh, it was far too brown to be the phazon suit. It looked nothing like it.

Top Bottom