• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wouldn't even know who this Shokio person is if not by this thread. Honestly, just ignore him, it is the best one can do.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I wouldn't even know who this Shokio person is if not by this thread. Honestly, just ignore him, it is the best one can do.
Shokio is not a bad guy, he makes some tought provoking discussions when he wants to, it's just that he enjoys seeing the Ridley fan base suffer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yep, we know he's in the game for sure just whether or not he's a stage hazard or character. Only time will tell that. Also I don't know if this was mentioned before but does anyone else think that Ridley was flying so long in the direct because of his final Smash? Heck he could have been using the jet-pack from Pilot Wings for all we know. Just throwing that out there.
Nah, Ridley could've just been flying normally. Jigglypuff and Kirby can stay in the air a long time. (If anything, it might be that Ridley isn't ready yet because he's one of the hardest characters to get down right.)

I've seen people do that with Waluigi in Miiverse and it didn't work =/
Lol, that's stupid. You can't wish for a character to be in. They have to have been planned out from the beginning, very early on. If Ridley is playable, he's already playable now. If he's not playable, he won't be.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Have you seen how agressive the haters are to Ridley!?
He's a video game character, what does that matter? just let them think what they want, if you think Ridley still has chance of being playable then discuss it and ignore those guys.

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Have you seen how agressive the haters are to Ridley!?
Yeah I remember after the direct I saw some really aggressive comments all over YouTube (especially on the GamXplain videos) and I understand the haters are jerks but still we're better than them and they'll all look like idiots when Ridley confirmed anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Reila

Well of course not, the roster was decided back in 2012
Doesn't mean they can't add one or two character late in development, though. Still, asking on Miiverse for a character to be added is kind of... pointless.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, I see, but still why don't they respect our opinions?
Because they are anons on the internet. Because they are 12 years old. Because they are 35 and live with their parents. Because there was a mis-communication and you actually agree with them and they are a nice person.

in the end, you should treat everyone courteously regardless. And if they're being a jerk, just keep scrolling. you never HAVE to respond.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
But when did Nintendo strike this deal with namco and why?
They're working with Namco on the game together so getting the rights for Pac-Man was probably extremely easy. Why are they working with Namco you ask? Well don't forget Nintendo's development teams when the Wii U came out were pretty small and to small to develop HD games fast enough. My guess is that they teamed up with Namco to get the game out faster since they were experienced with developing HD games and making fighting games.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I think it's a demo he's playing
Not expecting a playable version of Ridley, but a reveal trailer to premier on the show, though it does seem like a stretch. Sadly either way I live in the UK so won't be able to watch it anyway if it's just his impression on the game

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
What will the clueless gamer think of Ridley being in the game?
Only ever seen the video they did on Watch Dogs, but based off all the possible characters left, Ridley would likely stand out more to people who don't know Nintendo characters imo. *If* Ridley is even added.

Reila

What will the clueless gamer think of Ridley being in the game?
Ridley is already in the Brawl and I never heard any negative opinions about him.

Changing his status from boss to playable character won't change things drastically for the "clueless", I suppose.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
On Pac-Man:

A: He's Pac-Man. You know, the most famous video game character ever bar arguably Mario?
B: Nintendo and Namco have had a good relationship with each other for a long time, and they're closer than they've ever been. It's not as notable a relationship as that of Nintendo and SEGA (obviously), but it could be considered as notable as Nintendo's relationship with Capcom in recent years.
C: Negotiations were probably simpler than they normally are for third parties because of Sakurai's involvement with Bamco.
D: You can't tell me that Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man in the same game isn't a seller.
E: You can dislike him all you want, but let us enjoy our moment, okay?
F: Pac-Man's inclusion does not affect Ridley's chances. He was in the game regardless and probably was in the game before the majority of the newcomers because of his third-party status. Therefore, we shouldn't be discussing him here.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ridley is already in the Brawl and I never heard any negative opinions about him.

Changing his status from boss to playable character won't change things drastically for the "clueless", I suppose.
Typical Toobigot: BUT HE WAS A BOSS IN BRAWL SO HE CAN'T PLAYABLE IN THIS ONE BECAUSE IT'D BE WEIRD!!!1!

Actual newbie reaction: Oh hey, that boss dragon from Brawl is playable now? Awesome!

Top Bottom