• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wish people would just leave us supporters alone in the thread. You don't believe Ridley is in? Okay, bye, go visit the thread of other character then.
I mean, this is the Ridley character thread. Not the Ridley supporters thread

If people have genuine arguments against his inclusion, this is the place to argue.

Now, there is a big difference between good arguments/opinion stating and trolls.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Yes I believe its Ridley he's referring too as well. But lets keep it in context: "An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second" could also mean he joins the fight as a playable character.
That is true. I don't think that it refers to the lava at all, but on the flipside he is dancing around his words very carefully so that he doesn't explicitly say that Ridley is a stage hazard.

The ONE thing that keeps me skeptical is the fact that Ridley is very clearly flying during the Direct, and flying steady for quite awhile. I don't think a fighter would have this kind of ability unless it was a Final Smash, but the stage wasn't dark.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I mean, this is the Ridley character thread. Not the Ridley supporters thread

If people have genuine arguments against his inclusion, this is the place to argue.

Now, there is a big difference between good arguments and opinion stating, then trolls.
I am all for people bringing good arguments against Ridley's inclusion.

The dude with Kirby's avatar is just repeating the same stuff we discussed 100x times in this thread, though.

D

Deleted member

While we're beating the dead horse about Sakurai teasing us, I still find it odd/annoying that Sakurai hasn't even mentioned Ridley by name at any point where Ridley would become a subject, he only made general statements both in the Pyrosphere PotD and in the Direct. :glare:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I am all for people bringing good arguments against Ridley's inclusion.

The dude with Kirby's avatar is just repeating the same stuff we discussed 100x times in this thread, though.
@ samsparta21 samsparta21 is a supporter. He's just trying to create an unbiased frame of view on Ridley's chances, an is sounding a bit pessimistic. Read his posts a bit closer, he wants Ridley to be included.

And, to be fair, it's hard to talk about anything in here that hasn't been talked about 100x already. We have more posts than the general character discussion. Even the stuff I'm saying now has been discussed many times.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ofcoarse the bad noghtmare is the war did not end yesterday, I'm so praying that he does a suprise ridley announce,ent today or tomorrow, Just to get it over with.

If not we are still getting tortured till a direct or till october 3rd.

(I mean mr game and watch was announced with pac-man so hes a great hint that sakurai is leaving no spoilers, in other words show both the starters and unlockables before release.)

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I hope they pull a Wii Fit Trainer and announce Ridley when we're least expecting it, BUT at e3.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Post a dog gif. or a gif of the digital event where Ganon and Wario jump down around Reggie.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Yellow Devil is the only boss we have. I wouldn't be surprised if all the stages left out have bosses associated with them (that Dino Piranha for the Super Mario level?).

We have, maybe, DLC. That's our best hope.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yellow Devil is the only boss we have. I wouldn't be surprised if all the stages left out have bosses associated with them (that Dino Piranha for the Super Mario level?).

We have, maybe, DLC. That's our best hope.
No, our best hope is that they pull a Wii Fit Trainer.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Ofcoarse the bad noghtmare is the war did not end yesterday, I'm so praying that he does a suprise ridley announce,ent today or tomorrow, Just to get it over with.

If not we are still getting tortured till a direct or till october 3rd.

(I mean mr game and watch was announced with pac-man so hes a great hint that sakurai is leaving no spoilers, in other words show both the starters and unlockables before release.)
Yeah its odd they showed Mr.Game & Watch but not update him on the site.

This is all madness. Please end my misery Sakurai....

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
This is the last e3 before the game is released, I have faith in Ridley for today and tomorrow. Just you wait, and Ridley will "fit right in".

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Wait... the Pac-man trailer has red, blue, and yellow stripes. Red and blue make purple. Ridley is purple, and his eyes are yellow. RIDLEY CONFIRMED!

D

Deleted member

You guys get depressed a lot, either he's revealed at Metroid's anniversary(which coincides with a possible Direct) or at these two last days, no word on him just makes me more confident

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Guys, just remember; it could be a lot worse. Ridley could have been confirmed as a boss without room for doubt. Just because Sakurai takes an inch does not mean we climbed a mile for nothing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I have high hopes for today and tomorrow.
I highly doubt there will be any more character reveals this E3.

Probably gonna get some vets before the game comes out. Maybe another newcomer, maybe even more than one, if we're very lucky. And when the game comes out in September in Japan we'll know the full roster for sure.

From the beginning I've said that if Ridley's playable I think he's gonna be a secret character. That's where my money is.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I have high hopes for today and tomorrow.
I don't. The thing is I believe Pac-Man would be the character they end on.

I predicted it to go Palutena, Ridley, then Pac-Man in that order. I considered them all shoe-ins for E3. Ridley not being shown does worry me but I'm not giving up till the end.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm crossing my fingers for a big surprise ending to E3.
But I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Though I am thinking there will be vets during the Treehouse thing. Hopefully Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wish I could just give up on Ridley, but I keep coming back to this thread to read the replies. Oh well, two more months of agony ahead for us.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im looking at the i don't think there will be anymore character reveals.

Well i see you are underestimating mr unpredictable again, but yea i would not be suprised if the 4 reveal is the only ones though.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'll just leave this here... assuming both the RosalinaX and Sal Romano leaks are true, there is still room for ONE more unannounced character (before DLC). That's it. However it was not specified that it was a newcomer. I'm thinking the two biggest contenders for this last spot are Mewtwo and Ridley...

D

Deleted member

I'll just leave this here... assuming both the RosalinaX and Sal Romano leaks are true, there is still room for ONE more unannounced character (before DLC). That's it. However it was not specified that it was a newcomer. I'm thinking the two biggest contenders for this last spot are Mewtwo and Ridley...
First: The Sal leak isn't the FINAL roster, just the characters that are suposed to appear at E3
Second: The Rosalina X leak has already been disproven, I don't know why people keep bringing it up

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't recall that there was a limit for the amount of characters in Smash Bros.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
First: The Sal leak isn't the FINAL roster, just the characters that are suposed to appear at E3
Second: The Rosalina X leak has already been disproven, I don't know why people keep bringing it up
Of course it isn't the final roster, Rosalina has already been revealed. I just compared it to the number of characters in the RosalinaX leak.

I don't recall that there was a limit for the amount of characters in Smash Bros.
Before DLC as in, the final roster of the game when it is released. Before any DLC characters are added.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im not saying ridley is deconfirmed until i see sakurai saying ridley is not playable

And if we get a real roster leak (those fake roster leaks begining now due to a preview of what the character selection screen.)

Ps im not kidding but thanks to pac-man i woulden't mind if ridley fail again any more (because of pac-mans deaign and moveset.)

D

Deleted member

Of course it isn't the final roster, Rosalina has already been revealed. I just compared it to the number of characters in the RosalinaX leak.

Before DLC as in, the final roster of the game when it is released. Before any DLC characters are added.
No, what I meant that there are more newcomers/veterans, Mii doesn't take a slot on the roster(not playable online, it's basically, Customization: the character), meaning we have 47 chars with Squirtle, Ivy and Snake cut, meaning K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo still have a chance

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He actually never mentioned E3 in his post, people have just misinterpreted the use of the word "participate." Smash Bros. is treated as a sort of event in its own little canon, so when he said "participating characters" it makes sense in that context. Of course it's still possible that there are newcomers besides the ones we've seen, but E3 was never mentioned.

The only way Ridley comes out of this whole-skinned is if there actually are additional newcomers to the ones we know about, or if he pulls a Sonic and was added mid-development (Sal's leak is from early development, even before Greninja was solidified.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He actually never mentioned E3 in his post, people have just misinterpreted the use of the word "participate." Smash Bros. is treated as a sort of event in its own little canon, so when he said "participating characters" it makes sense in that context. Of course it's still possible that there are newcomers besides the ones we've seen, but E3 was never mentioned.

The only way Ridley comes out of this whole-skinned is if there actually are additional newcomers to the ones we know about, or if he pulls a Sonic and was added mid-development (Sal's leak is from early development, even before Greninja was solidified.)
*sigh* Ok, hear our friend
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ano-gematsu-leak.353570/page-68#post-16878377

Top Bottom