• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What happened? I missed everything.
DK and Metroid music, and Sakurai made specific note of DK and Samus not being picked, which seems kinda interesting.

I saw a cherry. Is that the Pac-Man cherry or a generic cherry?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What happened? I missed everything.
DK and Samus can't be selected

DKC and Metroid music played more than once during the Invitational

Reggie said there would be surprises in or after the Invitational

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much, yeah. :\

Sakurai specifically mentioning DK and Samus, DK and Metroid music playing at random intervals.

Like I said, though, it's not really anything to grab at, just hype getting the better of everyone.
Oh god, now i am starting to get hyped lol

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well there was 20 character to chose for 16 people, so 4 characters weren't chosen : Samus, DK, Link and someone I forgot.
Samus is said to be the best character in the game by the pros and so wasn't picked.
So yeah that's not a hint, sorry guys.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well there was 20 character to chose for 16 people, so 4 characters weren't chosen : Samus, DK, Link and someone I forgot.
Samus is said to be the best character in the game by the pros and so wasn't picked.
So yeah that's not a hint, sorry guys.
and sonic, surprisingly.

eggman confirmed?

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
They said samus and DK weren't part of the tournament because they were over powered and weren't ready or something, I just find that very unlikely though. Maybe a final match with teams samus and DK vs K rool and ridley.

Reila

They said DK was overpowered? I only heard that about Samus. Either way, it probably means nothing.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They said samus and DK weren't part of the tournament because they were over powered and weren't ready or something, I just find that very unlikely though. Maybe a final match with teams samus and DK vs K rool and ridley.
QUIT

QUIT IT

QUIT MAKING ME CARE ABOUT THINGS

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Sakurai said nothing specific of DK.

Sakurai said it's sad that Samus was not picked, because of internal tests showing her to actually be the best character at the moment.

Get it right.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They said DK was overpowered? I only heard that about Samus. Either way, it probably means nothing.
I remember hearing, early on, that DK was turning out as one of the strongest characters in the game. Might still be an issue.

Seems more than a little fishy to me, though, but again, it's nothing.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sakurai said nothing specific of DK.

Sakurai said it's sad that Samus was not picked, because of internal tests showing her to actually be the best character at the moment.

Get it right.
NO, he DIDN'T say that. He said "the players DON'T KNOW THIS," but Samus was the most powerful. THEY DIDN'T KNOW! They chose who they wanted to. Samus specifically wasn't chosen because of anything, it was just coincidence.

Its only interesting because he singled out DK and Samus, not Pikachu and Sonic.

Reila

I remember hearing, early on, that DK was turning out as one of the strongest characters in the game. Might still be an issue.

Seems more than a little fishy to me, though, but again, it's nothing.
Alright then, I was probably not paying enough attention.

Top Bottom