• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Aw man, that was hilarious. Looks ugly as frick, man!
I'll be honest, when I saw Nightmare Fuel Ridley, the first thing I thought was 'Maybe they decided to model him after the original NES Metroid version?'. I mean, makes sense to me. Look at what we can actually see closely. I'm not trying to add any credibility to the leak here, but.. I'll be honest, I could see this happening.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Ridley looks like he was skinned.
The dream I never knew I had has come true.
Also there us a chance it's an alt color or something

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I'll be honest, when I saw Nightmare Fuel Ridley, the first thing I thought was 'Maybe they decided to model him after the original NES Metroid version?'. I mean, makes sense to me. Look at what we can actually see closely. I'm not trying to add any credibility to the leak here, but.. I'll be honest, I could see this happening.
I always said I know there gonna end up giving Ridley a smaller head if playable.

Still say fake but wouldn't mind Ridley looking like that.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If that were the case, his jaw would be fused to his neck and his wings would be green. But I mean, good god, it looks HORRENDOUS, especially compared to the other models, which are at least decent, if not pleasant to look at.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What kills the "leak" for me is how they couldn't bother to fit Ridley's head inside the frame.

Really, the only time Smash Bros has had an issue with fitting character heads inside frames is with transformation characters.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If that were the case, his jaw would be fused to his neck and his wings would be green. But I mean, good god, it looks HORRENDOUS, especially compared to the other models, which are at least decent, if not pleasant to look at.
Well, like I said, first thing I thought was NES Metroid Ridley. It doesn't necessarily have to be a perfect 1:1 comparison or anything, like a mixture of the Ridley we know and love and NES Metroid Ridley.

I mean, I gotta admit, I'm kinda hoping this leak isn't real now. >_>

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
How does his head look like-
*looks at it again*
It can not be unseen.
The new G-Mod star: Vagidley

Well, like I said, first thing I thought was NES Metroid Ridley. It doesn't necessarily have to be a perfect 1:1 comparison or anything, like a mixture of the Ridley we know and love and NES Metroid Ridley.

I mean, I gotta admit, I'm kinda hoping this leak isn't real now. >_>
Once again, it looks ABHORRENT when compared to how crisp and polished most of the other character models look like. Such a drop in quality is unacceptable, and just plain doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Once again, it looks ABHORRENT when compared to how crisp and polished most of the other character models look like. Such a drop in quality is unacceptable, and just plain doesn't make sense.
Normally I might say something funny like 'Maybe Sakurai just finally got so fed up that they stopped caring.', but yeah, you've got a point there.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Wasn't the "Y" part of the roster already debunked due to the mispositioned pixels. If so then whoever made this is trying too hard but if theres a chance this thing is legit F*#@k it let this debate end already.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Wasn't the "Y" part of the roster already debunked due to the mispositioned pixels. If so then whoever made this is trying too hard but if theres a chance this thing is legit F*#@k it let this debate end already.
I'd say the guy shot himself in the foot by revealing this new batch of shots. It'll simmer down by tomorrow and then die completely by E3.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Well...someone has been able to make another horrible ridley design that compares with NES Ridley and Captain N Ridley

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
That ridley is an obvious fake based on the fact alone that his stye looks completely different from the rest of the cast, i am telling you right now that leak is fake based on that alone.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That ridley is an obvious fake based on the fact alone that his stye looks completely different from the rest of the cast, i am telling you right now that leak is fake based on that alone.
WHAT!? FOR REAL!? OH MAN, IT TOTALLY HAD US FOOOOOOOOOOOLED!!

Geez man, we're not that naive. :p

Top Bottom