• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Okay, If that's supposed to be Ridley's tailbone...
Where's the hilt?

You know, the purple thingy right before Ridley's "blade".
I'm not really sure. However, looking over the footage, there are a few points where you can tell where the end of Ridley's tail is in the shadow, but you can't see the "hilt."

Honestly, I think that "Pikachu" is just some kind of mix of Ridley's feet, hands, and tail.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Run while you still can. Do not stop at your home or an inn, run as far and as fast as you can and sleep where you collapse.
You'll know in the morning if you've escaped.
Is useless, our rage is too big that there is no place in earth where he can hide
Anyway I just realized how the smash logic works in different websites
Youtube logic: "Ridley is too big, let's add Anthony or any of those irrelevant hunters instead"
Gamefaqs: "Ridley is too big, you ar in denial if you say otherwise"
Miiverse: "Ridley is too ugly, big and stupid, let's add Goku instead"
Neofaqs or whatever his name is: "Ridley is already deconfirmed, stop being denial as he was confirmed to be a boss hazard"
Smashboards logic: "Ridley could or could not be playable, the shadow is way too ambiguous to tell yet"

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
D

Deleted member

My avatar Ridley is best Ridley. nuff said.
I think we should get all sorts of Ridleys: Brawl Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Super Ridley, Ugly Ridley from Metroid 1, Clone Ridley, Neo Ridley, Toon Ridley, Zero Suit Ridley, Doctor Ridley, Shiny Ridley, Power Suit Ridley, Melee Ridley, Mr.Rids., King Ridley, Ridley Knight, Captain Ridley, Wonder-Ridley, Ridley Kong, Baby Ridley, Paper Ridley, Cranky Ridley, Mother Ridley, Queen Ridley, Lord Ridley, Pac-Ridley, Mega Ridley, Solid Ridley, R.O.B.(Ridley Operating Buddy), Bigley, Little Ridley, Ridley Trainer, Ridley and Luma, Pale Ridley Tuna, etc.
Did I forget someone?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think we should get all sorts of Ridleys: Brawl Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Super Ridley, Ugly Ridley from Metroid 1, Clone Ridley, Neo Ridley, Toon Ridley, Zero Suit Ridley, Doctor Ridley, Shiny Ridley, Power Suit Ridley, Melee Ridley, Mr.Rids., King Ridley, Ridley Knight, Captain Ridley, Wonder-Ridley, Ridley Kong, Baby Ridley, Paper Ridley, Cranky Ridley, Mother Ridley, Queen Ridley, Lord Ridley, Pac-Ridley, Mega Ridley, Solid Ridley, R.O.B.(Ridley Operating Buddy), Bigley, Little Ridley, Ridley Trainer, Ridley and Luma, Pale Ridley Tuna, etc.
Did I forget someone?
Please tell my that by "Baby Ridley" you don't mean the Chicken legged furby from Hell from Other M....
010 - Copy.gif

tell me that it is a tiny version of Ridley...

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Did I forget someone?
This is a gold mine of possible jokes.

Shame I'm too lazy to make any.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Did I forget someone?
Ms. Pac-Ridley

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Guys, take a look on people's reaction when Ridley appeared in meele's trailer. Look when the troll started.

I can't say anything but I support! :)

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
In that case, what is there to suggest that Pikachu is there to begin with? Because of some shadow that vaguely resembles his body shape that also apparently becomes Ridley's foot every other second?

Sorry, but I really do think this whole Pikachu deal has no basis.
I can see Ridley's left foot and what could be his right foot is a big Pikachu like shadow blob....I know these are shadows and they distort and stretch but unless Ridley has elephantitis I don't see it just being his leg and foot. I'm no shadow expert but yeah thats what im seeing.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
In that case, what is there to suggest that Pikachu is there to begin with? Because of some shadow that vaguely resembles his body shape that also apparently becomes Ridley's foot every other second?

What convinced me it was Pikachu at last was this gap I found when tracing.

D

Deleted member

Guys, take a look on people's reaction when Ridley appeared in meele's trailer. Look when the troll started.

I can't say anything but I support! :)
Remember seeing that, look at how people reacted, imagine what will happen to this site!
Btw, I see you're from Brazil, I think you're the first one that I find here on Smashboards that is also from there

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yep.
I'unno, I imagined a wyvern without legs, which would help Ridley in using his tail if that was his only other weapon.
xD oh, ok!

I will always think that Rids should mature be like a normal dragon...or like an artist drew a long time ago...
Are_you_tired_of_these_yet_by_Seven_Flames.jpg

if it wasn't for that artist I wouldn't have learned the tecnique to draw Ridley....too bad she deleted her deviantart account...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

What if it was never Pikachu?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just had a hilarious thought.

What if there were a group of people who were genuinely hyped to see Ridley as a boss? I'm just imagining the inevitable trailer:

"Hey, wait a minute! Ridley's not a boss, he's a fighter! This game is ruined!"

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I just had a hilarious thought.

What if there were a group of people who were genuinely hyped to see Ridley as a boss? I'm just imagining the inevitable trailer:

"Hey, wait a minute! Ridley's not a boss, he's a fighter! This game is ruined!"
Pretty sure that this group is called the "Too Bigots".

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Then they will say Sakurai lied to them even though he didn't lol.
-"Ridley looks weird downsized, we were right",
-"It was obvious that he will be playable",
-"I knew it, always supported Ridley",
-"We were just trolling, we like Ridley",
-"The only reason he got in is because the Ridley fans kept whinning about it".

I'm more interrested with what would be Japanese fans reactions :
-"Who the **** is that dragon ?".
-"That boss from Brawl is playable ?"

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
-"Ridley looks weird downsized, we were right",
-"It was obvious that he will be playable",
-"I knew it, always supported Ridley",
-"We were just trolling, we like Ridley",
-"The only reason he got in is because the Ridley fans kept whinning about it".

I'm more interrested with what would be Japanese fans reactions :
-"Who the **** is that dragon ?".
-"That boss from Brawl is playable ?"
I think Japanese reaction will be more how a crap series like Metroid is getting overrepresented because of the West. BEcause they aren't that big on Metroid over there.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ah, nothing like drinking a good, healthy orange juice while reading through the Ridley thre--

View attachment 14789

New "leak," if you want to have a laugh.
*spills juice over screen while laughing hysterically*

BA HA HA HA HA HA!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE OLD ASS 3D ZERG MODELS FROM HE FIRST STARCRAFT!!

HELL, IT LOOKS EVEN WORSE!! AH HA HA HAAAA!!

Aw man, that was hilarious. Looks ugly as frick, man!

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Nope, nope, and nope. That is all. He would look like a baby Dragon if downsized... and for the king of Space Pirates he would look pitiful. Plus he is a long character. Bowser is a round character, so downsizing him is fine, but something like Ridley is a nope. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91Qacg0afQ
Thank you, dear sir, for contributing such a resounding and firm argument to your case! I guess we have all been wrong as it is clearly impossible to fold your wings or curl your tail into the background or foreground! Guess we better pack up and go home, guys!

If I sound like a jerk, it's because the Too Big argument is the most awful piece of garbage ever conceived by detractors.

Top Bottom