• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That is exactly why I am so sure of myself; ambiguity will always inadvertently allude to the truth, or at least that is the case in my experience.
Perhaps, yes. Either that or Sakurai thinks that shadows of monsters are dramatic and that he shouldn't have to spell out Ridley's role as a stage hazard for the fans.

At this point, I'd be willing to bet against Ridley's inclusion, I'll admit. But he's certainly still within the realm of possibility. I would be simply overjoyed to be wrong about Ridley being a boss...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

majora_787

Smash Hero
Perhaps, yes. Either that or Sakurai thinks that shadows of monsters are dramatic and that he shouldn't have to spell out Ridley's role as a stage hazard for the fans.

At this point, I'd be willing to bet against Ridley's inclusion, I'll admit. But he's certainly still within the realm of possibility. I would be simply overjoyed to be wrong about Ridley being a boss...
But the issue is, why would Sakurai "not need to spell out his role" and yet he has to spell out literally every other role? Why *hint* at all when he doesn't hint for any other deconfirmation?

The biggest problem with the anti-Ridley mindset is Ridley is somehow the exception to EVERY rule just for the sake of him being less likely. He's the ONLY video game character who can't be resized. He's the ONLY nintendo character who doesn't fit in with nintendo 'really'. He's the ONLY majorly requested character whose requests don't actually matter. He's the ONLY character where, if he is hinted at and not explicitly deconfirmed like *LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE OTHER CHARACTER TO BE DECONFIRMED FOR TWO GAMES* has been, this is somehow just a handwave-able difference in treatment.

It's no wonder he's such a controversial character, people are willing to literally sit around and fabricate over him. And it's obnoxious from both sides, but especially the opposition, since there's not really a way for them (as far as I've ever seen) to fabricate excuses and seem like they know what they're talking about.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
YOU WANNA GO I PLAYED A LITTLE GAME CALLED SUPER GODZILLA I THINK I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH YOU CHUMP
...Godzillaaaa...PUNCH? And Bagan personally knows how is it to feel deconfirmed and cancelled bazillion times. He was CUT instead of just becoming a boss in Godzilla Unleased and were going to appear in movies that got cancelled, so, Ridley is luckier than one of my favourite characters.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
YOU WANNA GO I PLAYED A LITTLE GAME CALLED SUPER GODZILLA I THINK I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH YOU CHUMP
Loved playing that game as a kid, Falcon Punching super monsters was the best. What's this got to do with Ridley?
err
Super Godzilla and Ridley are both purple. There we go.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Loved playing that game as a kid, Falcon Punching super monsters was the best. What's this got to do with Ridley?
err
Super Godzilla and Ridley are both purple. There we go.
No, SG is blue-ish. And there was a space alien dragon thing too in that game, just like in Metroid games.
I never played Super Godzilla...
neither have i played it...

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
No, SG is blue-ish. And there was a space alien dragon thing too in that game, just like in Metroid games.
You call this hulking piece of purple perfection blue?

You're totally right about the space dragon part, though. It even got a mechanical upgrade further in. The more space dragons the merrier.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You call this hulking piece of purple perfection blue?

You're totally right about the space dragon part, though. It even got a mechanical upgrade further in. The more space dragons the merrier.
Not really blue, blue-ish. Maybe something between blue and purple, but not purple.
But Ridley is more awesome because he survived longer.

majora_787

Smash Hero
This is reminding me of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla Unleashed and how Ridley was in neither game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is reminding me of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla Unleashed and how Ridley was in neither game.
No, he was. He is visible on Vortaaks`/ Vortaacs` (geez, i started to forget something about Godzilla stuff...) Mothership. He is just too small to be really seen.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What songs do you want to see play in the Pyrosphere?

My list:

Kraid/Phantoon

Mother Brain

Serris/Yakuza

Nightmare

Dark Samus

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Or maybe Ridley was piloting Jet Jaguar?
Or Kiryu...or just anyone who can be pilot- oh, right, they all have AI installed instead of being controlled by someone, so, nah, he was part of he audience.
Ridley`s Theme, Rhedogian`s Theme, Nightmare`s Theme, Escaping Sector 0 music, Phantoon` theme and remix of Norfair`s theme.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

My list:

Kraid/Phantoon

Mother Brain

Serris/Yakuza

Nightmare

Dark Samus

I hope they not only use the Other M version of Ridley's theme, I want the brawl remix back, and meta and omega's version...and if they can come up with a nice new remix

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That would be cool too.

Man, that game had a lot of good bosses.
Except for SA-X and Omega Metroid, former one was anti-climatic, later one had only one attack and no acidic spit. Other M had good bosses too with more awesome attacks. Prime games had a little bit less cool bosses, but there was awesome bosses too.

AndreaAC

Sir Miss/Lady/whatever, you haven`t seen that:

Not all of them are...um...real, but they are possible to make.
I really like the 1st and 4th one, alongside with the Meta Ridley I posted....I wish they were real...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I really like the 1st and 4th one, alongside with the Meta Ridley I posted....I wish they were real...
1st one IS real, it consists of a bit customized painted parts of already existing LEGO and Bionicle sets. Ridley can be made by using Kre-O Ripclaw`s (another robot dragon that can transform into a more human-like robot, but with wings, claws and a tail) parts and few LEGO things and he will look pretty close to him. The only thing left would be recolor him in purple.
Kre-O Ripclaw`s dragon mode:

He would need different feet, a bit modified head and a different tip of the tail. And recoloring of course.

You know what...looking at the last 2 and 1st image, i wish there was a LEGO Nintendo game with Ridley being a playable character, like Reptile in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes...but that is a dream that will most likely never be real.

And i found this custom figures (one of them can be bought right now on eBay/could be bought, but was sold already):
Oh, man, why there is no official Ridley figure? Like those S.H Monster Arts Godzilla figures.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

1st one IS real, it consists of a bit customized painted parts of already existing LEGO and Bionicle sets. 1st one can be replicated more-or-less by using Kre-O Ripclaw`s (another robot dragon that can transform into a more human-like robot, but with wings, claws and a tail) parts and few LEGO things.

You know what...looking at the last 2 and 1st image, i wish there was a LEGO Nintendo game with Ridley being a playable character, like Reptile in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes...but that is a dream that will most likely never be real.
Yeah...I think the same...and I just don't get why Nintendo made the first 4 Figures of the not so important hunters of MP:H and not Ridley....I mean, how hard could have been? Many people have done their own figures of Ridley (or were doing...), so why they can't do that?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah...I think the same...and I just don't get why Nintendo made the first 4 Figures of the not so important hunters of MP:H and not Ridley....I mean, how hard could have been? Many people have done their own figures of Ridley (or were doing...), so why they can't do that?
Maybe he wasn`t that important or just has a lot of small details that must be done...who knows, but we got few Samus figures already, so, maybe we will get his figure in the future...maybe after he is revealed as a playable character.

Top Bottom