• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't start the waiting game yet. We probably won't even get a release date E3. And a waiting game with no date is the worst. When we finally do get a release date, it will probably be in 2014. You are probably going to wait more than a year for this game. Focus on school/job/other video games. I'm playing fire emblem and can't wait for luigi's mansion 2, coming out much sooner than sm4sh

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Would Ridley fans care if we got:

Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't want Dark Samus.

I think she'd be taking up slots from other series characters.

Now Omega Metroid on the other hand...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd love Dark Samus. But only after Ridley.

Only get annoyed with Dark Samus when people suggest she'd have priority or would actually get in INSTEAD of Ridley. But yeah, those four are the way to go for Metroid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So. To complement the essay I wrote. I had a friend of mine make alternate costumes for Ridley.

Made by X Naut Shroober. NOT ME!!!

The red one is based off of Super Metroid's boxart. The green costume is based off of some Metroid Zero Mission concept art. The blue one is based off of Ridley X. Black is Meta-Ridly and the final one is based off of his appearance in the original Metroid. What do you think?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah, another E3 that starts on my birthday.

Red's my personal favorite color, but I think I like the palette based on his appearance in the original Metroid the most. Something about dat retro purple.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So. To complement the essay I wrote. I had a friend of mine make alternate costumes for Ridley.

The red one is based off of Super Metroid's boxart. The green costume is based off of some Metroid Zero Mission concept art. The blue one is based off of Ridley X. Black is Meta-Ridly and the final one is based off of his appearance in the original Metroid. What do you think?
Those costumes look great and even reference his other appearences. The red one and the grey/black one are the best IMO

Also, if Ridley makes in, who wouldn't want a Meta Ridley alternate costume, with more or less the same six recolors posted above?
(With the default color being black obviously...)

After all, Meta Ridley is Ridley with mechanical parts, so it would make sense to have him share the same colors sets as normal Ridley.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would like for the metal parts of a Meta-Ridley alt costume to have subtle color changes. Can't give them too much color or it looks really cartoony and goofy. I hadn't thought of this before but... even though I don't like Meta-Ridley all that much, I'd probably always choose a Red Meta-Ridley if that option was available. More than just the normal purple Ridley.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would like for the metal parts of a Meta-Ridley alt costume to have subtle color changes. Can't give them too much color or it looks really cartoony and goofy. I hadn't thought of this before but... even though I don't like Meta-Ridley all that much, I'd probably always choose a Red Meta-Ridley if that option was available. More than just the normal purple Ridley.
Yeah, the mechanical parts would have their own color, obviously.

I think the color swaps above are very good. Like you said, with Ridley, you can't have too much color or it will look goofy and unfitting.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Red one would look great except for messing up those piercing yellow eyes. Also, the wings being a more contrasting color I'd prefer.
Don't like the pupils showing in bottom right and left.

Green and black ones look epic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the purple/ green one, the red one (Though I agree it needs more contrast with the colors), and the blue and magenta? one. If those were his colors, I'd probably use the purple/ green one

vicgur

Smash Ace

This is f***in' awesome. The best part is that we'd have colors for the Red, Green and Blue teams. I loved it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley is the only character I would want from the series. Seems crazy that he is not in yet.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will send X Naut Shroober your compliments. He's gonna love this. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I linked X Naut Shroober to the thread. Said it made him all warm and tingly inside. He thanks you for your compliments and criticism.

What about Ridley's idle poses? What would they be?

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I don't see why he/she/it/Poison wouldn't be in. Reducing the size of Ridley to fit in one game wouldn't constitute an outcry from Metroid fans. It's not like it's ruining the intricacies of the canon, or something like that.

I was really hoping Ridley would be in Melee, but the intro was a lie :urg:.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Listen, if they can change and adjust Olimar's height, Kirby's height, and even Snake's height- then they can totally do the same for Ridley. Even Charizard and Squirtle, the latter is supposed to be FAR smaller than what it is in Smash Bros. especially compared to the trainer and Charizard.

I don't get why people are using the whole "size" excuse. This is Smash Bros. ladies and gentlemen. Sometimes, things aren't supposed to make sense.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Listen, if they can change and adjust Olimar's height, Kirby's height, and even Snake's height- then they can totally do the same for Ridley. Even Charizard and Squirtle, the latter is supposed to be FAR smaller than what it is in Smash Bros. especially compared to the trainer and Charizard.

I don't get why people are using the whole "size" excuse. This is Smash Bros. ladies and gentlemen. Sometimes, things aren't supposed to make sense.
If I could press that like button more than once, I would.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I would press like for that avatar to if I could.
lol it is a fabulous avatar. Don't mean to brag :3

I'm really hoping Ridley makes it in the cast of playable characters. It's long overdue, and I don't want Samus to feel lonely.... Even though them two don't get along.

I was disappointed when I found out none of the hunters from MPH were playable. Weavel and Sylux were my top picks. And after seeing the secret ending of MP3 Corruption, Sylux should totes be in SSB4 considering he has more ties to the Galactic Federation and a rivalry against Samus, I believe. And besides that, he'd certainly be an interesting character to use and coming up with an original moveset wouldn't necessarily be all that hard considering his design.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm sorry I'm so busty. It's hard to contain it lol

No clue what you're referencing to ._.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sorry I'm so busty. It's hard to contain it lol

No clue what you're referencing to ._.
Profile says you're male....

Awkward.....

(He meant the for non-Ridley character support, especially someone as unimportant as Sylux)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
lol Oh, oh, ok. Sorry. I'll keep my love for Sylux out of Ridley's. Thousands apologies.

As for that comment about being busty, I'm not trying to troll.. I just tend to joke around.. A lot.. I do it on AiB almost all the time. Anyhow, sorry for hijacking the thread and making it about me.. Back to Ridley.

Top Bottom