• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Maybe I'll post these every time there's a PotD to pass the time.

[collapse='JOURNAL OF A SPACE PIRATE']DAY 8

Although it's been more that a week since Ridley's shadow appearance in Pyrosphere, people here still seem to have faith in Ridley's eventual appearance in the game. However, everyone else pretty much thinks otherwise, and see us as to being delusional and denying our "defeat". Though we effortlessly avoid being bothered by these words, I still wait for E3 to see if this faint feeling of doubt and anguish inside me ceases...[/collapse]

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
Just think about it for a while, him, being shrunk down, not his normal size, and just think about how he would be playable, his moveset I mean.

Wouldn't that feel a bit, out of place?

Now remember, the key words are, "shrunk", "normal size", and "moveset".

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Just think about it for a while, him, being shrunk down, not his normal size, and just think about how he would be playable, his moveset I mean.

Someone isn't going to get any likes.
Edited for at least I'm gonna get likes.
Edited for **** you SerPete.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

I know I've shown these pics before but I'm gonna do it again one more time. Sorry if the size comparisons from me are getting alittle repetitive.

Here is our Smash 4 Ridley....What it looks to me that he is 2 Pikachu's tall......Now picture him holding Bowser for a second....Its gonna look ridiculous...and I love it. Thats also why I had our amazing artist AndreaAC draw me that picture of Ridley carring Bowser not only for a good laugh but to prove a point.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._2014_04_10_um_23_35_45_by_lilt92-d7dxcjy.png

Now these are 100% FACTS! This Ridley is scaled down there is no debating that. If you don't agree with this your just wrong. He is skinner and just over all waaaay smaller then Other M Ridley who he is based off of.

Here is Other M Ridley in Other M. This monster could fit Smash 4 Other M Ridley in his hand....Heck he could flick Smash 4 Ridley and send him flying lol.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...arge_Geothermal_Power_Plant_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

I just don't see how this baby sized Ridley is our stage hazard I just don't.....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know I've shown these pics before but I'm gonna do it again one more time. Sorry if the size comparisons from me are getting alittle repetitive.

Here is our Smash 4 Ridley....What it looks to me that he is 2 Pikachu's tall......Now picture him holding Bowser for a second....Its gonna look ridiculous...and I love it. Thats also why I had our amazing artist AndreaAC draw me that picture of Ridley carring Bowser not only for a good laugh but to prove a point.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._2014_04_10_um_23_35_45_by_lilt92-d7dxcjy.png

Now these are 100% FACTS! This Ridley is scaled down there is no debating that. If you don't agree with this your just wrong. He is skinner and just over all waaaay smaller then Other M Ridley who he is based off of.

Here is Other M Ridley in Other M. This monster could fit Smash 4 Other M Ridley in his hand....Heck he could flick Smash 4 Ridley and send him flying lol.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...arge_Geothermal_Power_Plant_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

I just don't see how this baby sized Ridley is our stage hazard I just don't.....
This and its possible the whole pyrosphere stage was strunken a little so ridley is his size on that stage look at one of my post

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
The shadow on Pyrosphere was just that. A shadow. It is hard to accurately measure size based off a shadow, if no other known planes are given.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here is our Smash 4 Ridley....What it looks to me that he is 2 Pikachu's tall......Now picture him holding Bowser for a second....Its gonna look ridiculous...and I love it. Thats also why I had our amazing artist AndreaAC draw me that picture of Ridley carring Bowser not only for a good laugh but to prove a point..
-u- Aww...it was nothing, really.... C: But it was really fun to do!

sorry that i haven't got the Final Smash of Ridley with all of his forms...i literally need to be meditating to draw Omega Ridley....

majora_787

Smash Hero
For Smash Bros, I would consider the following to be the new Sinister Six.View attachment 12413
Porky over Medusa? I can only have so much disappointment.

But yeah Ridley is really small for a boss appearance. That's definitely true, considering he is at most only around 1.5 bowser tall and can hold Pikachu who seems pretty large in comparison by looking at their shadows.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I think you just told the final proof I needed to prove the possibility of him being playable and that every hints of him being an hazard could be propaganda since he never told it literally. Like, if you exclude the wings, his height is around 2 pikachu and for the wing, well there's 2 things that you need to consider:

1 shadow isn't the real size since it can be manipulated with lights
2 he's in the air so it's normal that his wings seem to be big but not really if you consider that he's deploying them

so, because it's obvious how he's scaled down which is what he needs to be to actually be playable, I conclude that the possibility of him being playable is there and that everyone who thinks hazard conformed, shall not be sure about it. I personally think he's playable now (if true, Sakurai is best troll) but as a general point of view the possibility of him being an hazard is still there so it means that those who believe hazard without doubt should be doubtful while those who said playable should prepare themselves for POSSIBLE disappointment.

Seriously, you need to check both side and for me, I can't imagine him to be an hazard while he stay there for 3-5 seconds and grabs not like other m while he's show with other m design + other m stage. And the reveal is just so fishy that it's impossible to say clearly hazard. I'm talking about

not showing him,

no audio for this clip,

the whole might not be ridley on a stage that might not be pyrosphere (and that was after the ridley CAN appear on pyrosphere),

talking about him at all (if hazard why not talking about him? he can be presentable because you showed him so you had to do this for a reason)

and finally the whole fact that the video isn't even mentioning him it's like audio that may have no relation to the video it could have been presented as 2 separate facts.

If you read all this and you still say that Sakurai said hazard well seriously not only he didn't said it but he could have shown hidden gameplay and you know that he can actually do that (previous troll especially the zamus one)

my two cents also if he's not playable I'm going to say that Sakurai, as much as I like this guy, took a bad decision to hype a big fanbase he even said it that he understands how cutting character might hurts people feeling even if he as to (we're not talking about waluigi here we are talking about one of the most requested character).

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Alright, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and pretend to be a toobigot. Welp here goes:
You guys are dreaming! Tell me why would Sakurai show Ridley's Shadow if he weren't an example of a stage boss? And for your fancy "measurements"(no offense AndreaAC, those measurements are awesome) you guys said it yourselves, it's just a shadow, his actual model is probably way bigger than that. Now crawl out of your denial hole and realize that Ridley is a boss in ssb4 just like he has always been since 1986.
So, anyone care to present their rebuttal?

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

But yeah Ridley is really small for a boss appearance. That's definitely true, considering he is at most only around 1.5 bowser tall and can hold Pikachu who seems pretty large in comparison by looking at their shadows.
Can't seem to find a good picture of Mario next to Pikachu....Uhhh Mario is alittle bit taller then Pikachu right? I really think Ridley is gonna fit in well with these guys haha.

http://mii-gamer.com/wp-content/upl...-wii-u-donkey-kong-king-dedede-and-bowser.jpg

majora_787

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and pretend to be a toobigot. Welp here goes:
You guys are dreaming! Tell me why would Sakurai show Ridley's Shadow if he weren't an example of a stage boss? And for your fancy "measurements"(no offense AndreaAC, those measurements are awesome) you guys said it yourselves, it's just a shadow, his actual model is probably way bigger than that. Now crawl out of your denial hole and realize that Ridley is a boss in ssb4 just like he has always been since 1986.
We saw Pikachu's shadow directly compared to Ridley's shadow. Even if Pikachu and Ridley are bigger than their shadows even though that ISN'T how it works, Ridley's shadow is not much larger than Pikachu's shadow.

Further along, why would Sakurai deconfirm literally every character he has ever deconfirmed outright but only imply the possibility of Ridley being a boss without showing him OR mentioning him?

EDIT: Also yeah. I compared Ridley to Bowser and at most he's a little wider and 1.5 times taller, so he's probably the biggest character in the game but not MUCH bigger than our other heavyweights.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Hmm well if Ridley's shadow is bigger wouldn't Pikachu's shadow be bigger too? I'm no shadow expect. xD

AndreaAC

Don't worry....no offense taken :3

majora_787

Smash Hero
And of course aside from the shadow and the avoiding of showing OR mentioning OR confirming Ridley at all in any way, why redesign a stage hazard? Why make Ridley a boss but still in the spectrum of being a large playable character? Why make Ridley a boss hazard on a stage which already has an invasive stage hazard, and then have his behavior be as fast as Pikachu's half-walking (note: not full walking) speed? Why would a boss or ANY AI opponent at all grab a character and then not immediately do damage?

And the best question of all: Why are you being eaten by Ridley?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
"Tell me why would Sakurai show Ridley's Shadow if he weren't an example of a stage boss? "

Well, you should ask why he was NOT shown. We waited for months until this direct it was clear that the game wasn't presentable enough and when finally it is, I wouldn't to even see this shadow; I would expect that Sakurai didn't show him at all because if he was indeed in development and thus not presentable, then there's absolutely no reason that you can see his shadow. So, this revert back to the original question why was he if he was NOT in development which would be the only reason that it would make sense to show him in the first place. EVERY other npc was deconfirmed by strong implicit meaning (at in the direct, potd clearly mentioning "not a fighter) like if he was an hazard he would have been already deconfirmed. But he showed him and if it was not for development purposes then he had to do with for another reason which MIGHT be playable character.

That's the counterargument I had in mind.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Welll...Medusa's design was rather complex. Hell, Hades is also rather complex.

I'm sorely tempted to say "too big" but then I remembered what thread I was on.

Consider Medusa part of the Sinister Seven. Or have her replace Black Shadow, I only had him there for Ganondorf to give his moveset to.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
And of course aside from the shadow and the avoiding of showing OR mentioning OR confirming Ridley at all in any way, why redesign a stage hazard? Why make Ridley a boss but still in the spectrum of being a large playable character? Why make Ridley a boss hazard on a stage which already has an invasive stage hazard, and then have his behavior be as fast as Pikachu's half-walking (note: not full walking) speed? Why would a boss or ANY AI opponent at all grab a character and then not immediately do damage?

And the best question of all: Why are you being eaten by Ridley?
Actually now that I think about it Other M had the same pouring lava.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...er_Plant_Grapple_Beam_Point_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

Same with the Dead or Alive stage.

http://i.imgur.com/q7hHZ.jpg

I forget did it do anything in these games? (Not saying that Sakurai can't make it do anything if it doesnt)

Oh and I wanted to ask what do those purple things do below the stage?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../14/WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage05_Screen_01.jpg

majora_787

Smash Hero

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...er_Plant_Grapple_Beam_Point_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg

I forget did it do anything in these games? (Not saying that Sakurai can't make it do anything if it doesnt)

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../14/WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage05_Screen_01.jpg
Here is the problem: It is already 100% apparent the stages do not work the same.

In Dead or Alive everything was cosmetic. Ridley did not enter the arena, he caught people who fell off the side and smashed them into the wall. That is definitely not what is happening with SSB4's Pyrosphere. The lava could definitely be the hazard here, and Ridley is definitely not behaving that way.

EDIT: In Other M, Samus blew the wall open where the lava began flowing out so that she could see Ridley in the otherwise dark Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Excellent work guys, lets see how the toobigot who I have decided to name Shokio, will counter:
Ridley is smaller because of Metroid: Other M where furball clone Ridley is notably small than the original.
Ridley is a boss hazard on a stage with another invasive hazard because that is where you fight him in the game.
Ridley is being slow because he probably just flew on the stage.
Sakurai would redesign a stage hazard because again, it is a different Ridley with a different look.

Oh dear god, another reply. Work your magic Shokio:
Not every npc was deconfimed, Shadow wasn't so does that mean that he's playable? No.
Also Ridley was already deconfirmed in a POTD. The infamous enemy from Samus's past pic. You know that pic that you guys tried to ignore.
And finally Ridley wasn't shown because Sakurai was hinting, he always hints. But right now there is more proof for my argument than there is for yours.

Jeez, you guys are tough. I had to really reach for some of these counter arguments. So you should get a good laugh out of this.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Excellent work guys, lets see how the toobigot who I have decided to name Shokio, will counter:
Ridley is smaller because of Metroid: Other M where furball clone Ridley is notably small than the original.
Ridley is a boss hazard on a stage with another invasive hazard because that is where you fight him in the game.
Ridley is being slow because he probably just flew on the stage.
Sakurai would redesign a stage hazard because again, it is a different Ridley with a different look.

Oh dear god, another reply. Work your magic Shokio:
Not every npc was deconfimed, Shadow wasn't so does that mean that he's playable? No.
Also Ridley was already deconfirmed in a POTD. The infamous enemy from Samus's past pic. You know that pic that you guys tried to ignore.
And finally Ridley wasn't shown because Sakurai was hinting, he always hints. But right now there is more proof for my argument than there is for yours.

Jeez, you guys are tough. I had to really reach for some of these counter arguments. So you should get a good laugh out of this.
1. Ridley's furry forms have no bearing on his larger dragon form. The furry lizard and furry furry can be as small as they want. And really, this argument is LITERALLY just "Clone Ridley is smaller because Clone Ridley is smaller." Which... Okay? Sure.
2. You do not have to worry about lava when you fight Ridley in Other M. And really, you NEVER fight Yellow Devil waaay off in the distance overlooking Wily's Castle. I know that and I don't even play Mega Man.
3. He is moving slowly as he approaches an opponent to pick them up. That much is obvious from the footage.
4. No. This is Other M Ridley with a different look. He did not redesign the Yellow Devil, or Twinrova, or the Dark Emperor. If Ridley is redesigned AND a boss, he is the ONLY ONE with a redesign for no reason.
5. Not being deconfirmed technically just means you have a chance at being playable. Ridley is not third party, Shadow is. And Shadow was not hinted to possibly be playable. Ridley was.
6. All that post said is that Ridley can appear on the Pyrosphere. Playable characters, trophies, stage hazards, bosses, background characters, and assist trophies can ALL appear on stages. All that post said was "Someone who might be Ridley is probably in this version of the game somehow."
7. He never hints at deconfirming characters. Ever. He didn't even hint at Ridley in the previous game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@Ridley_Prime do you remember that i told you about a video i found on a japanese site where i got a lot of screencaps of Omega Ridley? i could make a little gif of that part....

View attachment 12406
Yeah, I remember. Wow, that's awesome. May have actually made me like Omega's design more.

About Sakamoto... If there's one thing about his choices that would make me glad he might not work on more Metroid, it's his tendency to kill of everything! Retro had the decency to leave things open. They were actually expanding upon the Metroid universe and creating future potential. Sakamoto has this annoying tendency to annihilate everything he introduces into the series.

Metroid evolutions on SR-388? Nope, Samus blown 'em up.
Ridley? Kill him, blow up the planet he died on, create a bizarre clone of him, kill that off, have his corpse transform into a freaky alien mutated version, kill that off.
Space Pirates? Constantly kill them off in droves until there's no plausible chance of them returning.
X-Parasites? Metroid evolutions making a return? NOPE, blow up the space station AND the planet they reside on. At the same time.

The Prime series? Call it an "off shoot" of the series or something like that.

Frankly it's like Sakamoto's been trying to figuratively and LITERALLY kill the series for years. I don't care if he ever touches the series again if all he's capable of doing is eliminating potential instead of nurturing it.
It just occurred to me having remembered it again, but Metroid II was like the one non-Prime game Sakamoto didn't really have involvement with (II was pretty much all Gunpei Yokoi), so he's not really responsible for the destruction of all them Metroids & their evolutions on SR-388. Perhaps with the later games in the series though Sakamoto was just.. following Gunpei's tradition when it comes to closure? Because again, Super Metroid was originally planned by Gunpei to be the finale of the series, with Zebes' destruction being as conclusive as you can get without introducing anything else to the picture. Unfortunate that it also ended up being the original RIdley's, ugh, real death.

Now Retro, while they have left things a bit more open like after Corruption, let's not act like they haven't ever needlessly killed things off themselves. Prime 3's bounty hunters anyone? Plenty potential eliminated right there, especially with Rundas given the kind of awesome returns he could've made which I'm sure would've been very well-received (because Christopher Sabat, enough said). I see you already mentioned the Ing and Phazon crisis, so I won't go over that, though at least the latter was drawn out more before being ended.. And I too give Retro more props on how they handled the Space Pirates and that they didn't necessarily kill them all off, presumably.

Well, not so much a brain so much as an AI...

Adam became a lot better as a character after he died. I guess there's the manga, but maybe the federation copied his mind before he went stupid...
Maybe... But yeah, as a character he did turn out to be better as an AI computer than as a human, ironically. When written fine, I can still like his character well enough. Wouldn't mind him being kind of a comic relief AI or something in a Fusion sequel.
Maybe I'll post these every time there's a PotD to pass the time.

[collapse='JOURNAL OF A SPACE PIRATE']DAY 8

Although it's been more that a week since Ridley's shadow appearance in Pyrosphere, people here still seem to have faith in Ridley's eventual appearance in the game. However, everyone else pretty much thinks otherwise, and see us as to being delusional and denying our "defeat". Though we effortlessly avoid being bothered by these words, I still wait for E3 to see if this faint feeling of doubt and anguish inside me ceases...[/collapse]
This should be dubbed the Pirate Logs of SmashBoards. (i.e. When referring to Samus in the future, only call her by "The Hunter", etc.)

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
If Ridley made it as a playable, I don't think he would be officially revealed until after release.
He would be unlockable without a doubt. And just the kind of character Sakurai would leave in as a surprise.
I don't agree with this at all. I think you underestimate how popular Ridley is. There gonna show him off at E3 for sales without a doubt.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
1. Ridley's furry forms have no bearing on his larger dragon form. The furry lizard and furry furry can be as small as they want. And really, this argument is LITERALLY just "Clone Ridley is smaller because Clone Ridley is smaller." Which... Okay? Sure.
2. You do not have to worry about lava when you fight Ridley in Other M. And really, you NEVER fight Yellow Devil waaay off in the distance overlooking Wily's Castle. I know that and I don't even play Mega Man.
3. He is moving slowly as he approaches an opponent to pick them up. That much is obvious from the footage.
4. No. This is Other M Ridley with a different look. He did not redesign the Yellow Devil, or Twinrova, or the Dark Emperor. If Ridley is redesigned AND a boss, he is the ONLY ONE with a redesign for no reason.
5. Not being deconfirmed technically just means you have a chance at being playable. Ridley is not third party, Shadow is. And Shadow was not hinted to possibly be playable. Ridley was.
6. All that post said is that Ridley can appear on the Pyrosphere. Playable characters, trophies, stage hazards, bosses, background characters, and assist trophies can ALL appear on stages. All that post said was "Someone who might be Ridley is probably in this version of the game somehow."
7. He never hints at deconfirming characters. Ever. He didn't even hint at Ridley in the previous game.
Alright, Shokio's got nothing. If a real toobigot comes this thread is more than capable of proving their point:chuckle:
It's a shame that more people don't support him even though the scale is tipped in his favor.

majora_787

Smash Hero
:p I'm willing to go all in for a character I want in at this point, after Brawl and 0% of my wishlist got in. Those kinds of things happen.

Though now I feel more like 50% of my wishlist is not even unlikely. The game is months away and I'm 20% there.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

wow THERE'S TOO MUCH EVIDENCES

Like I said other m stage with other m ridley but no other m behaviour and now the lava has the same behaviour as other m? The mystery gets deeper so... music plug!!!

Kirby air ride - Dense fog today!

Seriously, this music has the feel of the unknown.

AndreaAC

Yeah, I remember. Wow, that's awesome. May have actually made me like Omega's design more.

It just occurred to me having remembered it again, but Metroid II was like the one non-Prime game Sakamoto didn't really have involvement with (II was pretty much all Gunpei Yokoi), so he's not really responsible for the destruction of all them Metroids & their evolutions on SR-388. Perhaps with the later games in the series though Sakamoto was just.. following Gunpei's tradition when it comes to closure? Because again, Super Metroid was originally planned by Gunpei to be the finale of the series, with Zebes' destruction being as conclusive as you can get without introducing anything else to the picture. Unfortunate that it also ended up being the original RIdley's, ugh, real death.

Now Retro, while they have left things a bit more open like after Corruption, let's not act like they haven't ever needlessly killed things off themselves. Prime 3's bounty hunters anyone? Plenty potential eliminated right there, especially with Rundas given the kind of awesome returns he could've made which I'm sure would've been very well-received (because Christopher Sabat, enough said). I see you already mentioned the Ing and Phazon crisis, so I won't go over that, though at least the latter was drawn out more before being ended.. And I too give Retro more props on how they handled the Space Pirates and that they didn't necessarily kill them all off, presumably.

Maybe... But yeah, as a character he did turn out to be better as an AI computer than as a human, ironically. When written fine, I can still like his character well enough. Wouldn't mind him being kind of a comic relief AI or something in a Fusion sequel.

This should be dubbed the Pirate Logs of SmashBoards. (i.e. When referring to Samus in the future, only call her by "The Hunter", etc.)
:3 the entire video is awesome...but the part with Omega Ridley is the best...xD

OH, and speaking of Rundas....

MP4R.jpg

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If Ridley made it as a playable, I don't think he would be officially revealed until after release.
He would be unlockable without a doubt. And just the kind of character Sakurai would leave in as a surprise.
Well yea obviously some characters that are confirmed will stay in the shadows till after the 3ds release but ridley easily qualifys for a special case if playable hes e most request newcomer of them all

What supports playable is the evidence the ridley fans still in hope found (I'm one of them by they way but not getting y hopes up at the same time)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Okay, new theory.

Given that there's a number of rabid detractors who hate Ridley for plenty of rasons ranging from decent to stupid, maybe by not announcing him before launch, Sakurai ensures that even the people who would miss out on Smash Bros. just by playable Ridley's presence would pick up the game on launch.

I'm imagining the scenario now:

Toobigot: Aw man, Smash Bros is an awesome game!

WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Toobigot:
Alright, I've finally unlocked Mega Man!

silhouette of a dragon that toobigot has dismissed months ago appears

Toobigot: Wait, I already have Charizard...

Pyrosphere selected as stage

Toobigot: Wait...is that..?

Ridley appears

Toobigot: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Everyone else: Yay!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't agree with this at all. I think you underestimate how popular Ridley is. There gonna show him off at E3 for sales without a doubt.
There are other unlockables plenty more popular than Ridles.
Also, his popularity on these boards is skewed and a little misleading. He is not at all popular amongst more casual (or even non forum visting) fans. And not very big in Japan.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Okay, new theory.

Given that there's a number of rabid detractors who hate Ridley for plenty of rasons ranging from decent to stupid, maybe by not announcing him before launch, Sakurai ensures that even the people who would miss out on Smash Bros. just by playable Ridley's presence would pick up the game on launch.

I'm imagining the scenario now:

Toobigot: Aw man, Smash Bros is an awesome game!

WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Toobigot:
Alright, I've finally unlocked Mega Man!

silhouette of a dragon that toobigot has dismissed months ago appears

Toobigot: Wait, I already have Charizard...

Pyrosphere selected as stage

Toobigot: Wait...is that..?

Ridley appears

Toobigot: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Everyone else: Yay!
Even if Ridley is a stage hazard/ boss we can always leave it to Alfonzo to take his place.
What do you mean that meme is dead!?

Top Bottom