• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thanks, surprising how a cute little dragon can have a terrifying shadow.
:3 Good to see that the "killing" thoughts has stopped.....and i always wondered...why do you like to draw on miiverse's tiny space?? i could barely draw something in it....xD

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
:3 Good to see that the "killing" thoughts has stopped.....and i always wondered...why do you like to draw on miiverse's tiny space?? i could barely draw something in it....xD
It's hard to draw something ginormous like what you draw into a tiny-ass box. My Miiverse drawings are terrible.

AndreaAC

It's hard to draw something ginormous like what you draw into a tiny-*** box. My Miiverse drawings are terrible.
exactly. that's why i do not draw on flipnote's square space so often...since i do not have miiverse....but certainly in a square i can try to draw a tiny little Ridley....

oh, come on, don't think like that....it is miiverse's fault....for having such limited space to draw

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

With a strong light and a specific angle, a shadow can be an EXAGGERATION of the original corporeal body's true size.

Here's an example:
Why that's what the first thing that came to my mine when I saw the shadow what if the shadow made him look bigger but in realastic he's smaller than that

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I realized, we go on and on about his size. But have we really discussed his moveset?
Maybe it's in the OP, but this is page 548 no way I'm going that far back.
Yes, multiple/numerous times. There even was a bit OP idea of him being able to carry opponents like normal items and throw them.

Also, sorry @ AndreaAC AndreaAC , but im gonna upload something you were against - roidley/metadley hybrid - today.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I realized, we go on and on about his size. But have we really discussed his moveset?
Maybe it's in the OP, but this is page 548 no way I'm going that far back.
We've pretty much finalized that his moveset is a smaller. less powerful version of his Brawl boss fight.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
You know what I kinda find funny? How a good couple of these newcomers were pretty hard to predict and now everyone thinks Ridley is out. Hahaha kinda funny Sakurai went out of his way to make Ridley unpredictable so when E3 comes along Sakurai is gonna shock the world again.

Also I really wanted to share this picture with you guys. Its of Ridley and Samus. Going by the size comparisons Ridley should actually be around this size in comparison to Samus in Smash 4. Tell me people who think Ridley wouldn't look right shruken down does this look bad to you? (This makes for an amazing wallpaper btw)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/043/8/f/8fe0c00d650b9938ad3426cd6ef94426-d5vmhci.jpg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, seeing Spider-Man constantly being tormented by the writers can stop being amusing after a while.

I mean, Ultimate Pete dies after being practically guaranteed a happily ever after, mainstream Peter sells his marriage to Satan to save the life of a really old woman, and got possessed by Doc Ock for a while.
Yep, after one day more I couldn't read the originals anymore, it wasn't the same comic. they retconned like 30 years of comics. The new movies are the only source left of good story.

This post totally has to do with Ridley by the way, in ways you will only understand months after smash 4's release.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This post totally has to do with Ridley by the way, in ways you will only understand months after smash 4's release.
I already understood/understand your post. I can even explain that. And i hope its not gonna be true.

And here is my 2nd drawing, this time its a bit more of a Meta Ridley than it was before...and i think i kinda overused something in it.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I already understood/understand your post. I can even explain that. And i hope its not gonna be true.
Seeing as there wasn't actually a connection and I'm just sarcastic most of the time, I don't think you have to worry about my non-existent predictions. Unless it's a mod that read that, in which case, definitely actually lying here, there was a connection back there.

also, awesome drawing.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know what I kinda find funny? How a good couple of these newcomers were pretty hard to predict and now everyone thinks Ridley is out. Hahaha kinda funny Sakurai went out of his way to make Ridley unpredictable so when E3 comes along Sakurai is gonna shock the world again.

Also I really wanted to share this picture with you guys. Its of Ridley and Samus. Going by the size comparisons Ridley should actually be around this size in comparison to Samus in Smash 4. Tell me people who think Ridley wouldn't look right shruken down does this look bad to you? (This makes for an amazing wallpaper btw)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/043/8/f/8fe0c00d650b9938ad3426cd6ef94426-d5vmhci.jpg
compare with pikachus shadow
with the shrinkage of the pyrosphere
ridley size is the same on the pryosphere (he is smaller than before)

I say that's it that's what his size could be probably slightly bigger though

any way if Friday has nothing to do with ridely 1 week down 7 to go (to reach to E3)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

And here is my 2nd drawing, this time its a bit more of a Meta Ridley than it was before...and i think i kinda overused something in it.
:D OH IT LOOKS AWESOME! Sir, you have talent! i congratulate you again!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's probably been mentioned before, but what would be your reaction to Ridley being a playable..

.. boss character on the Wii U Gamepad.
Same as if Mario would carry a BIG FRIGGIN` GUN and BIG FRIGGIN` SWORD. Or if Mario wouldn`t be in this game and x-parasite/skrull mimicking him would be instead.
And thanks again, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC .

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
It's probably been mentioned before, but what would be your reaction to Ridley being a playable..

Like if there was a separate mode where you play as a boss character vs 4 fighters? I.... Im not sure honestly. Thats actually an interesting idea for a WiiU exclusive mode, and since it needs some recognisable faces to push it...

Honestly, it'l be best if we could still get a regular version of Ridley alongside a boss version, like Meta Ridley or Roidley, same as we got Bowser and Giant Bowser before the latter became a final smash.

AndreaAC

you mean a boss like brawl but that you can control like Master Hand with the Melee glitch?...my reaction will be like this then...

1264013218737.gif

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Here's a Miiverse drawing with little birdie on it (along others). Drew it a while ago. Another contribution to our Ridley Art Gallery :D

Last edited:

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire

While I don't think Ridley will be playable after the Direct, it'll be different if/when he is officially deconfirmed.

AndreaAC

Hey thanks xD I really like your works. Your Ridley posts are a class on it's own and they really upvalue this thread in my opinion! ;)
:3 oh, thank you! xD but your awesome drawings took me by surprise! they look so professional!

Last edited:

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet

That's all very well and nice, but the worrying thing about this is will Ridley be represented on the 3DS version? Will they have another Metroid stage with a boss, will he return as a background object or something else entirely?

I think that's the most worrying thing, honestly. We know he's in the Wii U version to some capacity, but we know nothing about him on the 3DS.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'm just coming in here to make my predictions before the axe of (de)confirmation comes this summer.
Just so I can say I told you so:

Ridley is playable.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The mystery of Ridley sub-plot in Other: M was ridiculous. Adolescent Ridley looks soooo terrible, but the idea of it could have worked as a Smash character if it was designed differently. You know, bipedal and without a terrible tongue. (Only bring this up because I occasionally see people bring up adolescent Ridley around the web and it's a terrible idea.)

MetroAndroid

Smash Rookie
Kraid... is more accurately proportioned for this fighting series. I mean, honestly, even if they shrunk Ridley, they would still have to deal with his massively lanky limbs, not to mention a tail that is nearly twice the length of his body. Kraid's size had been a running joke in the series, using Mini-Kraid in Super to make the player think they had beaten him with relative ease. Kraid also would focus heavily on projectile attacks, which distinguishes him from most large characters.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Kraid... is more accurately proportioned for this fighting series. I mean, honestly, even if they shrunk Ridley, they would still have to deal with his massively lanky limbs, not to mention a tail that is nearly twice the length of his body. Kraid's size had been a running joke in the series, using Mini-Kraid in Super to make the player think they had beaten him with relative ease. Kraid also would focus heavily on projectile attacks, which distinguishes him from most large characters.
But i just can`t imagine him having aerial jump and a good recovery. He would better work as a boss.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There's something sweetly sardonic about this argument. I love it.
Like its similar to toobigots arguments? There IS a difference between trying to imagine a resized dragon and a fat lizard jumping around in a bunny hood and with a lip`s stick.
Before you will bring up Bowser - he at least has no beer belly like Kraid does (its just his shell)..

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would love a playable Kraid. And Mother Brain. Add Dark Samus in there and you have the most perfectest perfect Metroid roster that ever perfed.

D

Deleted member

No, Bowser's pretty fat.

Or at least he was in Brawl.
He's seemingly slimmed down a bit for Smash 4.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I dont agree. Smash 4 is using Other M design so in other words Donkey Kong (Short legs and long dingly-dangly arms.) plus a tail and wings lol.

Other M Ridley

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/archive/f/f3/20100925182819!Ridley_mom.png

Donkey Kong hahaha....There bodies really are so alike.

http://d1vr6n66ssr06c.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/WiiU_SmashBros_scrnC07_02_E3.jpg

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Like its similar to toobigots arguments? There IS a difference between trying to imagine a resized dragon and a fat lizard jumping around in a bunny hood and with a lip`s stick.
Before you will bring up Bowser - he at least has no beer belly like Kraid does (its just his shell)..
Lay off K. Rool!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Playable Kraid makes me think of Biollante in Godzilla: Unleashed. You'd be the biggest character, of course, but you can't move around very well at all BUT you make up for it in how far your attacks can reach. Maybe he'd be unable to be grabbed as well? (Though I guess Biollante COULD be grabbed, it just worked differently.) He'd also have like zero recovery, but maybe just reaching out with his arms would work as a tether grab, lol. He also probably wouldn't flinch much. He'd take damage like crazy though. Would take a lot, but once you got him off stage he's probably done for.

AndreaAC

@OblivionWolf here is a proof that im trying as hard as i can to draw Omega Ridley, so one day i get that pic of Ridley's Final Smash done....but i don't know when, so it will come unexpected i guess...

SCAN0154.JPG

but i will need lots of practice to get better with this form of his...
i think im actually starting to overcome my fear

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Playing as Mini Kraid would be too silly for words. Not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing.

Not to mention the fact that Kraid has nothing on Ridley's iconic stature.

Top Bottom