• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Ridley is so big, his head pops out of the 3DS screen.
And I don't mean in 3D effect. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How about hes soo big that hes only playable on the ''XL'' Model of the 3DS how ever the hell thats gonna work is upto Sakurai hes hard at work at it bless him and this thread thats it still running..

This thread will have 150+ pages by June and like god knows how many by christmas...

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well I posted all of the other old partial move sets I made. Might as well post the final one.

Meta Ridley is a bad FS. I know. But focus on the other parts.

Possible Moveset:
Neutral B: Ridley shoots a fireball from his mouth. The fireball will travel slowly but has great range. It will travel horizontally and does not fall like Mario's fireball.

Side B: Ridley lunges for the opponents and attempts to grab him. If grabbed Ridley will fly forward carrying the opponent. If performed on the ground, Ridley will drag the opponent on the ground, damaging the opponent. If performed in the air, no damage will be dealt. At the end of the throw Ridley will toss the opponent forward.

Up B: Ridley will draw in his arms and legs and spin around. Looking like a drill he will spin in one direction. Once the initial attack is over Ridley will start to glide.

Down B: Ridley will flap his wings creating gusts of wind. The gusts will push opponents back, but will cause no damage. The move can be charged for greater power. (Suggested by BlueLore)

Final Smash: Ridley transforms into Meta Ridley and will grow in size. This is a transformation final smash akin to Giga Bowser and Wario Man. While in this form, Ridley will be much faster with more power. His neutral B also transforms his fireballs into a beam of flame. The beam would have high knockback but not a lot of damage. His Down B will become a barrage of misses in this form. Each missile will do little damage but a large amount of knockback.

Images made by PwnageMaster67

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Suggestion: you could some moves used by him in Subspace Enmisary. I want to see that move where he scrapes his tail against the ground.

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Ridley got in, I think it would be weird if he shared Samus' happy little jingle as victory music. Should he get a new one? Perhaps a small excerpt of his theme.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oasis, I hope this is Strong enough for the OP. :p:awesome:

[COLLAPSE="Ridley OP Banner"]

Direct link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/nthreeon/SSB4 Newcomers/RidleyHeader_zps13c613f0.png
[/COLLAPSE]
If Ridley got in, I think it would be weird if he shared Samus' happy little jingle as victory music. Should he get a new one? Perhaps a small excerpt of his theme.
I'm guessing each character will get their own victory theme this time around, like Sakurai planned for Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I hope Ridley will convert from boss to playable character. I think his standard b will be his spit fire balls just like meta ridley. His B down will be his ground slam like Bowser and Yoshi. But I will be weaker in order to balance the roster. I'm looking forward to newcomers for Metroid franchise.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^Pretty much.
I took it from a screenshot of a playable hacked Ridley in Brawl IIRC, then I fixed the colours, touched up some parts, and added a wing and the tail (they were cropped out of the pic). ;)

I'm trying to find the original pic again, but I'm not having any luck. :/

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It really does look amazing. N3ON.

Really makes the first post look great.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
N3ON. Making amazing banners for amazing characters...one thread at a time.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I got pretty interested in metroid games lately thanks to the metroid mini-game from Nintendoland and so, I played to the two metroid games from the ambassador program from the 3DS, and if I'm pretty neutral on the original Metroid, I really loved Metroid Fusion.

I'm also quite curious about Ridley since he seem to be awesome from design to history and I really enjoy to listen his theme song in Brawl.

So since I don't want to spoil myself Metroid games can you tell me which Metroid game I can learn the most of Ridley's abilities and/or history ? I suppose it's Super Metroid but I just want to be sure that I don't miss an important game ^^

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got pretty interested in metroid games lately thanks to the metroid mini-game from Nintendoland and so, I played to the two metroid games from the ambassador program from the 3DS, and if I'm pretty neutral on the original Metroid, I really loved Metroid Fusion.

I'm also quite curious about Ridley since he seem to be awesome from design to history and I really enjoy to listen his theme song in Brawl.

So since I don't want to spoil myself Metroid games can you tell me which Metroid game I can learn the most of Ridley's abilities and/or history ? I suppose it's Super Metroid but I just want to be sure that I don't miss an important game ^^
Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, and Other M would be my recommendations.

Prime 2 is great but it doesn't have Ridley in it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

What Swampasaur said, though you should also consider trying other games in the series. Pretty much every game but Hunters is worth trying. Other M tends to be...divisive, so try at your own risk. And yeah, Super is the big one.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, and Other M would be my recommendations.

Prime 2 is great but it doesn't have Ridley in it.
Thanks for the answer, I just buy them all except for Other M which I heard too many bad things about and Super Metroid which I hesitate between buying it for the SNES or wait and buy it on Wii U, probably going to do both tough.

Can't wait to play them, the week is going to be long ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The design for Ridley in Other M isn't so bad. Everything except for the face looks fine. I especially like how he doesn't look so skinny in Other M, but actually ****ing muscular and dangerous.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The design for Ridley in Other M isn't so bad. Everything except for the face looks fine. I especially like how he doesn't look so skinny in Other M, but actually ****ing muscular and dangerous.
I think the reverse: the face ain't bad, but he's too muscular for my tastes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I think the face is too small for his bigger body, so it looks weird in comparision to older Ridley designs. Cause in older designs, the head (and especially mouth) are much bigger or wider and he's skinnier on the body and arms. If his head was just bigger it would be an awesome look.

D

Deleted member

Only thing I don't like is the duck lips that extend past his mouth.

Anyways, that Ridley animation. It just screams "Haters gonna hate".

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sick banner, like the K. Rool one.

Thanks for the answer, I just buy them all except for Other M which I heard too many bad things about and Super Metroid which I hesitate between buying it for the SNES or wait and buy it on Wii U, probably going to do both tough.

Why not just get Super on the Wii's VC instead of waiting for it on the Wii U? A SNES cartridge of the game is pretty damn expensive nowadays from what I hear. And despite what you've heard about Other M, it is one of the better games in terms of learning the most of Ridley's abilities or whatnot, but if you don't think it's your cup of tea from what you've seen of it, then I guess it would be worth a skip.

I agree. That's what I've said about it since the start.

someone needs to gif that
Damn, if I still had one of the programs for that, I would. Hopefully someone else will eventually. :awesome:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Other M is a great game actually. Give it a shot and decide for yourself. :D

And I think Ridley's Other M design is only beat by his Brawl one.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Finally, someone else who likes Other M. As a matter of fact, aside from ONE (or two?) cutscenes, I had absolutely no problems with Other M.
I agree, Ridley's Brawl design is excellent, though I personally like his Super Metroid look more.

Top Bottom