• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So, uh... who is this thread officially shipping? Ridley and Rosalina (Space Duo), or Ridley and Palutena (God Duo)? I've seen both at this point.
Definitely the former. In fact I'd seriously write a multichapter fanfic of their by this point, only I've given up on writing long ago...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Definitely the former. In fact I'd seriously write a multichapter fanfic of their by this point, only I've given up on writing long ago...
You're seriously going to let @ UltimateWario UltimateWario take all the Ridley-themed fanfiction pride?

We have to justify the title of this thread somehow. I expect something within the next week, WingedSnagret.

*taps foot* :glare:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
It breaks my heart to see people try to separate Ridley from his one true love, Roy. Roydley OTP

Welshy91

Smash Ace
You people want fanfiction?! I'LL GIVE YOU FANFICTION. (No, I won't. Ok maybe. I'm not a fanfic writing kind of guy... or am I? I may or may not write something if the fad doesn't die out before I muster the energy to.)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well...maybe a oneshot won't hurt... Not making any promises though. :p
Maybe I'll get on the Metroidfic bandwagon too.

I'm somewhat hesitant, not because I lack confidence in writing, but because I'm rather uninformed about Ridley, having only played the Prime trilogy (and even then, it was years back). But perhaps I'll try my hand at it anyway. ;)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'll show you all a ****ing fanfic.

The Space Pirate Commander hissed, tearing his acid-wash jeans off with his razor-sharp claws.

Both Shokio and Ultra gasped in both horror and the tiniest bit of pleasure as the dragon's pants tore away to reveal his mighty [REDACTED]. Ridley's crooked beak twisted into the best impression of a smile that it would allow, as the pair of YouTubers in front of him did the exact opposite, finally aware of just how bad of a situation their bigotry had gotten them into.

The overly-aggressive teenagers both learned the true meaning of Too Big that night.

-drops mic and walks offstage-

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace

The Space Pirate Commander hissed, tearing his acid-wash jeans off with his razor-sharp claws.

Both Shokio and Ultra gasped in both horror and the tiniest bit of pleasure as the dragon's pants tore away to reveal his mighty [REDACTED]. Ridley's crooked beak twisted into the best impression of a smile that it would allow, as the pair of YouTubers in front of him did the exact opposite, finally aware of just how bad of a situation their bigotry had gotten them into.

The overly-aggressive teenagers both learned the true meaning of Too Big that night.

-drops mic and walks offstage-
Anyone else aroused?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
92A571_0D5A44F5C158A_001.gif

xD i never thought that i was going to be able to draw something on my DSi again....a simple gif

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, uh... who is this thread officially shipping? Ridley and Rosalina (Space Duo), or Ridley and Palutena (God Duo)? I've seen both at this point.
I'm all for Little Mac and Ridley. Don't ask why.

But seriously, if Sakurai doesn't have Ridley mingling with Rosalina and Palutena in one of the pics on his (likely) character page, I'm going to break something.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

"N-no, Ridley-sama, please don't! Th-there's no way that thing will fit-"

:troll:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Considering Rosalina's past and her role as caretaker of the Lumas, I see her resenting Ridley for his elitist attitude and violent tendencies against other creatures of the galaxy. I also see her as as the "Cosmic Witch", not some cosmic goddess, so Ridley may not be afraid to go after her if she attempted anything against him.

Palutena on the other hand is an actual goddess. Being in that position tends to bring a different perspective on the ever moving progression of time and events. Henceforth while she doesn't approve of Ridley's behavior and violent tendencies, she could admire his pride (kind of how Bulma saw Vegeta) and tenacity (even to the brink of death). Finally, Ridley respects beings with power, so he pretty much can't dislike a goddess, however human she may look. He can't take her down, she finds him amusing. He can't stand that he's somewhat fond of her, and she knows it and teases him for it. :p

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Considering Rosalina's past and her role as caretaker of the Lumas, I see her resenting Ridley for his elitist attitude and violent tendencies against other creatures of the galaxy. I also see her as as the "Cosmic Witch", not some cosmic goddess, so Ridley may not be afraid to go after her if she attempted anything against him.

Palutena on the other hand is an actual goddess. Being in that position tends to bring a different perspective on the ever moving progression of time and events. Henceforth while she doesn't approve of Ridley's behavior and violent tendencies, she could admire his pride (kind of how Bulma saw Vegeta) and tenacity (even to the brink of death). Finally, Ridley respects beings with power, so he pretty much can't dislike a goddess, however human she may look. He can't take her down, she finds him amusing. He can't stand that he's somewhat fond of her, and she knows it and teases him for it. :p
Oh, god damn it. Now I can't see Ridley being voiced by anyone else but Vegeta.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Palutena may be the Goddess of Light, Rosalina may be the Mother of Cosmos, but the most respected and feared female in the universe is Samus.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
...It's starting to become increasingly clear that we've run out of things to talk about :laugh: Quick someone ignorant jump in here and start a fight.

Besides, we all know that Ridley x Kraid is a true relationship :troll:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Talking about Ridley's romantic life is hardly running out of things to discuss. We haven't even scratched the surface.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Besides, we all know that Ridley x Kraid is a true relationship :troll:
It's funny, after reading the Metroid manga I always imagined Kraid and Ridley were old drinking buddies or something.
Talking about Ridley's romantic life is hardly running out of things to discuss. We haven't even scratched the surface.
The surface is too big to scratch.

:troll:

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Nope....The Official Shipping is...RIDLEY X SAMUS

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
All this talk of Ridley's speaking voice makes me really want him to get one, in Smash Bros. or Metroid. Would really help show his intelligence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom