• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Roster layout means nothing at this point. You see, I just came back from Neogaf in which an image of Falco had him, and Fox on two separate rows. Ridley still has the same chances. Also, I've yet to see R.O.B unlocked, so its obvious there's still more.
Actually, this perfectly well shows my argument. The fact is, the characters are inserted and push other characters down. Eventually, the franchises will all line up, but characters are only ever inserted, they aren't reorganized AT ALL.

If we take into account the leaked roster, only upwards of two more characters can go above the Pokemon reps, otherwise we'll need a signficant amount of missing characters to push all the Pokemon reps down to the next line. And that's assuming Mewtwo isn't unlocked, as with Mewtwo it'd only allow for one more character above the Pokemon reps.

All of the single-franchise reps are only going BELOW the Pokemon, not above them. The only exception is Game and Watch, because Game and Watch pushes the DK characters down to the next line.

right now is the moment of truth. are you a doubter or are you a believer? i will continue to believe til the very end and if i go down with the ship, so be it.
I'm a believer in Ridley being playable, I just don't think its happening just yet.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Remember this?

All-Star has been confirmed to have the #6, #7, and other characters in the group on the opposite side of the door, out of the original view.

Ridley could have been hiding on the other side this entire time.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
There's totally four more newcomers/veterans. I feel it in my gut and let's be honest, if this was the final roster it would probably be the most hated, dr filler and edge pit over insert character is something I've been seeing a lot.
This. There is space for 4 more UNKNOWN characters in the roster.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Remember this?

All-Star has been confirmed to have the #6, #7, and other characters in the group on the opposite side of the door, out of the original view.

Ridley could have been hiding on the other side this entire time.
That is...A good theory actually! But if anything, Samus should be on the right side aswell with ROB, right?

D

Deleted member

right now is the moment of truth. are you a doubter or are you a believer?
I'll be a believer until the very end. Right now, his chances have been the highest they have been since the direct, IMO.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We don't know if there's 4 newcomers or not. Some people thought 5. Some thought 3. Some thought more than that. The question now is whether or not they knew they could finish the full roster by the Wii U version or not? If not, there aren't any newcomers coming by the leak. If they were DLC, the entire game would have to be rebalanced, and I can't see that happening.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Actually, this perfectly well shows my argument. The fact is, the characters are inserted and push other characters down. Eventually, the franchises will all line up, but characters are only ever inserted, they aren't reorganized AT ALL.

If we take into account the leaked roster, only upwards of two more characters can go above the Pokemon reps, otherwise we'll need a signficant amount of missing characters to push all the Pokemon reps down to the next line. And that's assuming Mewtwo isn't unlocked, as with Mewtwo it'd only allow for one more character above the Pokemon reps.

All of the single-franchise reps are only going BELOW the Pokemon, not above them. The only exception is Game and Watch, because Game and Watch pushes the DK characters down to the next line.

I'm a believer in Ridley being playable, I just don't think its happening just yet.
We still don't know the the final layout. Lets stop assuming, and just wait. R.O.B has yet to be unlocked.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if there's 4 newcomers or not. Some people thought 5. Some thought 3. Some thought more than that. The question now is whether or not they knew they could finish the full roster by the Wii U version or not? If not, there aren't any newcomers coming by the leak. If they were DLC, the entire game would have to be rebalanced, and I can't see that happening.
A lot of people thought 5 because that was the maximum character that would be allowed by the leaked roster shown in the ESRB video. As shown quite early in the stream, Mii Fighters take one of these slots, so the Final 5 became the Elite 4.
We'll see if that stuff about purposely locking characters for the WiiU version ends up true once one of the streamer manage to unlock everybody shown in the leak. So far, we only need Bowser Jr. and ROB.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Its looking like the remaining 4 could be saved for potential DLC. I refuse to buy this game if my two characters are not in. Call me selfish but at least I'm not a biased hypocrite who thinks just because he revived a throwback game means he can make this game anyway he wants and be oblivious to highly requested characters.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Who wants to help create the National anthem of RIDLEY?!?! I'll start:
RIIIDLEY RIDLEY, He wil rip your head off,

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
So have any of the streams gotten that message that all characters were unlocked yet?

Because if Ridley ends up as just a stage hazard, then...

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people thought 5 because that was the maximum character that would be allowed by the leaked roster shown in the ESRB video. As shown quite early in the stream, Mii Fighters take one of these slots, so the Final 5 became the Elite 4.
We'll see if that stuff about purposely locking characters for the WiiU version ends up true once one of the streamer manage to unlock everybody shown in the leak. So far, we only need Bowser Jr. and ROB.
Elite 4, you say?

But yeah, the Mii Fighters taking up one spot gives me hope that the CSS will look really nice with four more characters....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So have any of the streams gotten that message that all characters were unlocked yet?

None of them have ROB, one of them doesn't have Bowser Jr, the other doesn't have Lucina and Jiggly

Elite 4, you say?
How fitting, his canon size is now 'Bigger than you'

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...he would be the most disrepresented character of all time. The bosses in Classic mode shows that Ridley is better suited to be a boss like Master Core then a stage hazard.

Also: Bowser Jr. Unlocked by Gema now.

Edit: Koopaling alts CONFIRMED!

Last edited:

Crystalline Dragon

Smash Rookie
So looking at the streamers. Not one has done Zero Suit in classic (or anything else for that matter) Why? And the reason why they are not doing anything else other then classic is that they want the watchers for the cash they get from streaming. That is my reasoning. for that. Its kinda frustrating honestly cause it could just be a few matches in one thing or doing another to get a character.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
He got Bowser jr guys! Only ROB left! Inb4 judgement day

Last edited:

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
One of the greatest things about supporting characters is the long, hard fights and hours....
And never giving up. Ridley is the only sinking ship I'll stay in and die down with, and I'll want him until my death.

One last time; Ridley CONFIRMED!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Please don't let the "all characters unlocked" message appear after R.O.B is unlocked. PLEASE!

Top Bottom