• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The pain of Ridley not being playable this time pretty much means that Sakurai is damn adamant about Ridley never being playable. Ridley fans should go there own way without Sakurai just like the Melee players did.

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
I hadn't seen it before, I was looking through the comments of A news article and I saw it, so thought I would ask if anyone had seen it. Sorry!

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
The pain of Ridley not being playable this time pretty much means that Sakurai is damn adamant about Ridley never being playable. Ridley fans should go there own way without Sakurai just like the Melee players did.
Dont worry, Ridley is probably playable.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I hadn't seen it before, I was looking through the comments of A news article and I saw it, so thought I would ask if anyone had seen it. Sorry!
To be fair, there are so many people in this thread, there is almost no way of being "first" here on anything.

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm gonna cut my losses after the Doctor Mario reveal and just give up on Ridley. You know when Doctor Filler gets in over Ridley it's time to give up. I wish you guys luck in future smash games.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
From here, a Donkey Kong or Zelda newcomer would be very interesting on the CSS for Samus and Zamus.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point I don't think Ridley will be in the initial 3DS game. Rather, I think its more likely that Ridley might be DLC later when the Wii U game comes out. Before we knew how unlockables worked it was easy to justify and suggest that the roster could reorganize, but it doesn't seem likely anymore. The main issue is Pokemon; we'd need a lot of characters ABOVE Pokemon to push the franchise down to the next line, but its just not happening.

Ironically, while Isaac was lower on my prediction list before (#5 most likely), now he's right up there in #2 right behind Mewtwo for me.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seriously, stop. Lose fate in Ridley by yourselves. Don't bring that here, where all your doing is causing turmoil to people who haven't quit yet. All you guys are doing, is making yourselves appear as pricks. So just leave, and let us grieve on our own.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If it's "over," or you've given up hope, why post here? You preemptive lot jumping ship because things don't look good will look foolish if things do in fact turn out in our favor.

And if you were right? Good for you. Let the rest of us go down with the ship. There's no harm we're doing you.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
From here, a Donkey Kong or Zelda newcomer would be very interesting on the CSS for Samus and Zamus.
As far as i know Gema haven't ended the game with any Zelda or DK character (well he finished the game with Link and got Ganondorf, so maybe another Zelda character will unlock a new character from that franchise the same with DK, i don't think so but it may happen)

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm preparing my hate mail in advance just in case Ridley and K. Rool don't show up. Dammit Sakurai.

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
Well, his chances are looking pretty low at this point, but I haven't lost hope just yet. We gotta remember... there's still a chance. A small chance, but a chance.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I suppose we could hope for a DK newcomer or a Zelda character to move the CSS-

c22.png
Pffffthahahaha, oh god, I couldn't keep a straight face. As if Sakurai gives a damn about Donkey Kong or Zelda.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I am prepared for the worst but I will keep to support Ridley until I see him as a NPC, unlike april there will be no jumping the ship from me this time.

Hibashira

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7715-1152
Welp, I'm still as confident in Ridley being playable as ever. Heck, I'm even more certain of it since I saw Bowser in his spot when fighting Samus and Zero Suit Samus! Regardless, all this baseless doom and gloom is realy bringing down the atmosphere for me. Even if you think, for whatever reason, that Ridley isn't showing up, I really don't see the point of coming here to just say that, least you be regreting those words in what are now just a few more hours.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Seriously, stop. Lose fate in Ridley by yourselves. Don't bring that here, where all your doing is causing turmoil to people who haven't quit yet. All you guys are doing, is making yourselves appear as pricks. So just leave, and let us grieve on our own.
I still think the evidence points towards Ridley being playable, it just doesn't look likely he's unlockable (by default) in the current 3DS game, but lack of any signs of the Big 3 WHATSOEVER makes me think that they may very well be released later after all to promote the Wii U game. Well, except maybe Mewtwo. He can still fit fine.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly not sure why you guys are panicking so much.
If Ridley's pseudo-tease was in fact a giant ruse and Ridley is playable, do you really think he would be unlocked in only hours of gameplay? That would ruin the point a little. The only good time to be depressed is when the streamer finally unlocks everything and the dragon isn't on it and it won't be over before that.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
How have his chances changed in any way? They havnt. We havent even seen 1 of the 4 remaining characters we dont know anything about yet, so who knows whats up.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
the character select screen does not look good for Ridley. but pray for Impa or Dixy

everyone is jumping the gun and even I am getting depressed by all your comments, but I just gotta keep moving forward

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well, its called being realistic. All signs points to him not playable, at least in the 3DS version. The people in the leak thread is seriously pissing me off by rubbing salt over our wounds.

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
The guy I was watching had the cursor hover over Samus a while, then he went straight to peach -.- I was so mad when he chose her. I just want to see Ridley in the game!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm honestly not sure why you guys are panicking so much.
If Ridley's pseudo-tease was in fact a giant ruse and Ridley is playable, do you really think he would be unlocked in only hours of gameplay? That would ruin the point a little. The only good time to be depressed is when the streamer finally unlocks everything and the dragon isn't on it and it won't be over before that.
My problem is the roster layout. There'd need to be a LOT more characters in the game to push the entire Pokemon franchise down, and there's no signs of characters reordering at all. Maybe after a certain number of characters the clones get merged with their franchises, but it seems unlikely at this point.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
the character select screen does not look good for Ridley. but pray for Impa or Dixy

everyone is jumping the gun and even I am getting depressed by all your comments, but I just gotta keep moving forward
Sure, the character select screen doesnt look good for Ridley, but those empty spots would fit Dixie or Impa. What? They are just empty spots, Optimus Prime could occupy one of them for all we know.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
As Gema plays, I see loner DK in the top right corner and samus/zero suit on the right right side. Seems like they both could slide down into the row below over time...

Top Bottom