• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Come on guys you people had faith in the trophy quiz theory. That would provbide a zelda newcomer (insane, right?) and shove everything to ridleys favour. Don't lose hope just yet, just remember Mewtwo : "Play 20 hours of VS matches or play 700 games of VS." Also, ROB still has not been unlocked by anyone. Keep calm until you see Bossley.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
What's this about a stream? Is the game out? Isn't the Treehouse thing tomorrow?
You are late, the game is being streamed az twitch.tv/gema_yue and /yushako for hours. They unlocked all characters on the ESRB leak except ROB, albeit missing different characters each.

Oh and another thing @ my previous post we still have a leak with a dk newcomer, mewtwo + ridley also, calm down.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
My problem is the roster layout. There'd need to be a LOT more characters in the game to push the entire Pokemon franchise down, and there's no signs of characters reordering at all. Maybe after a certain number of characters the clones get merged with their franchises, but it seems unlikely at this point.
It's difficult to judge what will happen to the layout depending on which character gets unlocked or not, considering that... well, not everybody is unlocked. Maybe characters will suddenly shift to accommodate the last newcomers, maybe representatives from new series will be unlocked to fill the gaps so everything can be ordered better, it's unclear but I feel like there's a decent number of possibilities that involve Ridley as the third Metroid rep. And giving up when everything is so close to be unveiled doesn't feel right to me.

R0Y

Smash Master
Lurkers must be having a field day, though laughing at other people's misfortune is messed up and a symptom of an empty individual. Just keep it classy until the end guys, sorry about the roster.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What's this about a stream? Is the game out? Isn't the Treehouse thing tomorrow?
The official Smash reveal is on Sep 12/13, but people now have earlier copies of the game. The Treehouse is tomorrow, but as I said, people got their hands on the game earlier. Here's one of the streamed Smash Bros.;

http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just hope you guys don't believe in that "Wii U exclusive characters" crap.

Still, we came so far believing Ridley, there is no point in giving up now. I will believe he is in until I see the "all characters unlocked" screen.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys you people had faith in the trophy quiz theory. That would provbide a zelda newcomer (insane, right?) and shove everything to ridleys favour. Don't lose hope just yet, just remember Mewtwo : "Play 20 hours of VS matches or play 700 games of VS." Also, ROB still has not been unlocked by anyone. Keep calm until you see Bossley.
What if... The trophy theory was right... But the "newcomers" are Sheik and Zero Suit Samus? They even got their own splash screen :ohwell:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
How dare you gaise lose faith in Ridley? I'll believe he's not in the game when Sakurai comes out and says he's not in the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just hope you guys don't believe in that "Wii U exclusive characters" crap.

Still, we came so far believing Ridley, there is no point in giving up now. I will believe he is in until I see the "all characters unlocked" screen.
I don't believe in Wii U exclusive characters, but I do believe in the possibility that some characters will be locked until the Wii U version's release.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
What if... The trophy theory was right... But the "newcomers" are Sheik and Zero Suit Samus? They even got their own splash screen :ohwell:
The King Kihunter trophy would hint at a character that was revealed before the trophy appeared itself? Unless Sakurai is thinking about the poor fellows who have trouble staying at a single point in time, I'm not sure it would work.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hang on, No one has seen Metal Face, right? But he was likely a boss on Gaur Plains...Why would you have a boss that is only on one console but the other one has the same stage? Unless...Ridley AND Metal Face are playable!?!?
unless Metal face isn't even in the game...

Sakurai; master troll :troll:

Also; 400 PEOPLE IS WATCHING THE THREAD!? O_O

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
My problem is the roster layout. There'd need to be a LOT more characters in the game to push the entire Pokemon franchise down, and there's no signs of characters reordering at all. Maybe after a certain number of characters the clones get merged with their franchises, but it seems unlikely at this point.
Roster layout means nothing at this point. You see, I just came back from Neogaf in which an image of Falco had him, and Fox on two separate rows. Ridley still has the same chances. Also, I've yet to see R.O.B unlocked, so its obvious there's still more.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
It's over, im doubting anyone beyond the esrb leak. what a ****ty unlock list.
There's still hope, it would be pretty lame if this smash has less unlockable than brawl, and we all now the number of unlockable have always increased given the ever increasing roster size.

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
Jeez guys, no crying till the end.

That probably should have gone into a Lucas thread, but whatever.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
That Master core when it goes on four legs as a beast... that's exactly how I imagined Ridley working when on the ground. That could be a good sign.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there is still hope. Who would expect every Newcomer to be unlocked so quick and easily?

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
ALL STAR LOCK DAMMIT! NO ONE UNLOCKED EVERYONE YET! ONE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE BOWSER JR, THE OTHER DOESN'T HAVE JIGGLYPUFF, NONE HAVE ROB, YOU CAN'T UNLOCK EVERYONE WITH ONLY CLASSIC MODE!
Calm down, its just another non pirate who wasn't a true believer in the first place.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
God I will laugh at all you doubters so hard when Ridley eventually gets confirmed. You are in this thread for so long just to abandone it in the moment of truth, wtf.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say, so many people are jumping ship. We still haven't seen the final roster yet.

Before you lose faith, ask yourself

Would Ridley have lost faith in you? #Believe #AnythingCanChange

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'm actually a strong believer in Ridley now due to the fact that every character in the leak (excluding R.o.b so far) has been unlocked by classic mode fairly easily. There has to be other characters unlocked in the other modes and Ridley is one of the more obvious choices.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I'm with RIDLEY till the end.
Edit: Sooo, how you guys been. any crazy news, other than the twitch stream.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
right now is the moment of truth. are you a doubter or are you a believer? i will continue to believe til the very end and if i go down with the ship, so be it.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i noticed something we sayd earlier that bowser is a placeholder for ridley with zamus und samus.
i was noticing that some fights come again but if he got the fighter he sitches in and the placeholder isnt there anymore.
so that means that the chance for ridley is high

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
There's totally four more newcomers/veterans. I feel it in my gut and let's be honest, if this was the final roster it would probably be the most hated, dr filler and edge pit over insert character is something I've been seeing a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom