• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, once again, don't worry about CSS order when trying to take into account characters. Do you really think they'd not add a character to fit the CSS in a certain way?

I know that over the last few months, I've been trying to be down to earth about Ridley's inclusion, and trying to look at all the points logically and whatnot. But the game is out in 5 days. I'm choosing to fully believe Ridley is playable. If I'm disappointed in the end, so be it. For now, I shall hype.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
because in 5-8 years will be propably the next smashbros and i dont want to wait for that to get another chance for ridley to be playable
I think we prob already know the final roster or very close to it for this game. But I'm sure there will be DLC characters. Kind of an outside chance of that happening if he's a boss, but hey it'd def sell the DLC, especially if it was packed with some favs like ice climbers and mewtwo

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yeah. But I have devised a way to fix this roster up for ridley's inclusion AND better placement of another couple characters.

Move G&W down onto the end of the 2nd to last row.
Put ridley where zero suit is, pushing the rest left one square (moving DK to g&w's spot due to the first step)
Then put CF where g&w was originally, and ness where diddy would be, move the zelda series down a row and put the 2 kongs, 2 starfox reps and olimar in their place. Done. And with brawl vets being more bundled together while still being in their own groups.
Not meaning to be a pest but where would Wolf and Lucas go ?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I know for a fact that it is not the final roster, this is confirmed by multiple sources and Mii fighters not being in the demo or the css leak, even though customizations were turned on by @Zipzo

This must mean that Mii's are unlockable thus prompting the css leak to not be the final roster. Neo Zero also confirmed this.

Enough leak talk please, let's just get back to Ridley, but i
m happy to calm you.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I know for a fact that it is not the final roster, this is confirmed by multiple sources and Mii fighters not being in the demo or the css leak, even though customizations were turned on by @Zipzo

This must mean that Mii's are unlockable thus prompting the css leak to not be the final roster.

Enough leak talk please, let's just get back to Ridley, but i
m happy to calm you.
The mii's don't have a slot on the character select screen, someone was stating that on here earlier today, and it fits with the whole customization menu that was found.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How do you mean they are cut, there is no proof against that the leaker said this isn't the full roster and these two :lucas::wolf: are still up for debate.
No, it was outright stated in the leak with that roster that they were cut, as separate information. And all of the other separate information posted has been correct so far, including alt costumes, 8 colors, and whatnot, so I consider it true.

Doesn't mean they aren't a possibility for DLC, though. This is way off topic, however, so you can pm me if you want me to give you the original leak post

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
How do you mean they are cut, there is no proof against that, the leaker said this isn't the full roster and these two :lucas::wolf: are still up for debate.
I don't know about Lucas, but Wolf might be cut since Fox has a recolor skin that looks alot like Wolf but Mario has a Wario recolor so there's not really any concrete proof that either of them are cut yet or going to be but it's probably likely.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The mii's don't have a slot on the character select screen, someone was stating that on here earlier today, and it fits with the whole customization menu that was found.
Customizastions are are on the CSS from what I heard, and that Mii's weren't playable in the Demo.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Warning Received
They are both cut most likely.
Why would Lucas be cut though he isn't stopping any characters from getting and seeing how the Mother series has come to a close (as of now) I seriously don't think it would be worth removing Lucas. Just keep him and Ness and be done with it, no need for Mother to go back to one Rep like F-Zero.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, keep non related leak Ridley talk out of the thread please. That means talks about cuts. There is a place for that.

How about we talk about Ridley's wingspan instead? How big do we think it's gonna be?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Everyone stop talking about Wolf and Lucas being cut, we're getting off topic again! Jesus H. Christ, guys, keep it to Purple Space Dragon Pirates only, guys! Sheesh!

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Why would Lucas be cut though he isn't stopping any characters from getting and seeing how the Mother series has come to a close (as of now) I seriously don't think it would be worth removing Lucas. Just keep him and Ness and be done with it, no need for Mother to go back to one Rep like F-Zero.
Star fox lost wolf, this stuff happens. Sakurai said long ago it was a tough call when picking which characters to remove, but he said it had to be done. Wolf and Lucas just happen to be the apples that Sakurai impaled with his arrows.

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
So alf was confirmed as a skin for olimar. Wasn't this apart of one of the leaks that was consistent with the ninka leak which also said ridley was playable?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If Ridley does get in, I hope they use his Other M design or atleast make it an alt for him. His Other M design looks so sick.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, keep non related leak Ridley talk out of the thread please. That means talks about cuts. There is a place for that.

How about we talk about Ridley's wingspan instead? How big do we think it's gonna be?
Hmm...The wingspans of certain characters seems to fluctuate, if this picture of Charizard in this video is of any indication.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Around the size of Conceptly's wings:

It makes the most sense, not too big, not too small.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Around the size of Conceptly's wings:

It makes the most sense, not too big, not too small.
It's hard for me to picture that in 3D, though. I like the 2D drawing.

So alf was confirmed as a skin for olimar. Wasn't this apart of one of the leaks that was consistent with the ninka leak which also said ridley was playable?
Unfortunately, it was not. They were from two separate sources that were tied together in one post.

Hmm...The wingspan of certain characters seems to fluctuate, if this picture of Charizard in this video is of any indication.

Yeah, that's true. Charizard is probably the best comparison in terms of trying to figure out Ridley's wingspan. I think Ridley's would be a bit bigger, though.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Ridley's wings make me think of True ogre in tekken tag tournament. They are HUUUUGE, like..true ogre is gigantic in both tag games, yet his wings recede nicely when he's on foot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I would see something like Charizard's being ideal. But have them be smaller on the ground, since he could collapse them or something.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
1) Not really. People have been saying Yellow Devil is actually difficult to deal with.

2) That's not Spyro, that's Cynder.

But my point wasn't to say she was a likely character (or even that I want her). It's that there are so many characters with wings like that, that using this as a Ridley hint is straw grasping. Who people think of first when they see wings like that is just a matter of past experiences, since the design is so common.

Also, Meta Knight always has yellow eyes.

If that's a tease for Ridley, I guess this is too:

"CHARACTER WITH A LOT OF PURPLE ON PYROSPHERE
RIDLEY CONFIRMED"
It's wingardium leviosaaarrgh.

The only way that the Meta Knight picture could be considered a tease is with the wings, and the fact that it apparently was on the pyrosphere anniversary. And even then it's just another strawgrasp. And no, his eyes don't know.

It's hard for me to picture that in 3D, though. I like the 2D drawing.
Can you imagine the "fingers" against each other? That's probably what it'd look like while they are not in use.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
My super elusive friend in japan just sent me this leaked image confirming Ridley.
"Picture"
Well, that was a game made from Namco (If that's the game I'm thinking about). So Ridley Confirmed?

Also you guys really need to slow down on non Ridley related discussion. So keep leak talk and straw-grasping (MetaKnight on Pyrosphere) arguments out of here and take it to the respectful place/pm. Seriously, this place WILL get closed either by thread count or by off topic discussion at this rate.

Edit:

Also I advise you guys to cut down with the pictures/gifs, as it will start lagging the page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom