• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Well, that was a game made from Namco (If that's the game I'm thinking about). So Ridley Confirmed?

Also you guys really need to slow down on non Ridley related discussion. So keep leak talk and straw-grasping (MetaKnight on Pyrosphere) arguments out of here and take it to the respectful place/pm. Seriously, this place WILL get closed either by thread count or by off topic discussion at this rate.

Edit:

Also I advise you guys to cut down with the pictures/gifs, as it will start lagging the page.

^
|

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Remember, Roidley isn't necessarily playable Ridley. Our playable Ridley may be a new mixed model, or a different Ridley altogether if we get separate Hazard/playable ridley

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
My super elusive friend in japan just sent me this leaked image confirming Ridley.
True Ogre, huh? What is it with these people that want Shrek in of all things. I mean, I know it's just for ze ironiez, but why not ask for this monstrosity (or variations thereof)?

Oh wait. Right. Too big.

Omega Ridley may look wierd when being hunched down all the time, but goddamn, is it an epic design!
I kind of like that concept art design. Pity it isn't a thing.

Remember, Roidley isn't necessarily playable Ridley. Our playable Ridley may be a new mixed model, or a different Ridley altogether if we get separate Hazard/playable ridley
But Roidley WILL be oddly small for Ridley. Hey look, it's Bossley! He is so small and not very intimidating! He looks awkward like that! Ooga booga!

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
What would his final smash be?

Seriously though.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I sill have hope for Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Mewtwo. If not playable now, then definitely candidates for DLC.

I do find it strange that Ridley is being teased this far. I also find it strange that we have seen pretty much NO new DK content shown. Makes me think we will get a DK trailer possibly post 3DS release. Sneaky spirits lead me to believe that CK were either going to be playable, or THEY ACTUALLY ARE playable. Can't say much for Mewtwo or any other characters like Impa, Mach Rider ect.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I sill have hope for Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Mewtwo. If not playable now, then definitely candidates for DLC.

I do find it strange that Ridley is being teased this far. I also find it strange that we have seen pretty much NO new DK content shown. Makes me think we will get a DK trailer possibly post 3DS release. Sneaky spirits lead me to believe that CK were either going to be playable, or THEY ACTUALLY ARE playable. Can't say much for Mewtwo or any other characters like Impa, Mach Rider ect.
Well, I'm sure for Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie (sorry k. rool), and Chorus Kids are getting in, but not much for Impa and Mach Rider. Thou I should say that although not as much as Ridley, there has been some teasing of Mewtwo, with that thing Sakurai said back during X and Y at e3, and that whole thing were they shot the greninja trailer to make it look like mewtwo.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, I agree. It does seem weird to only hint at Ridley as a boss. You'd think they would show him off by now. But I'm probably just paranoid.

I would also hope to see Dixie Kong too. At this point I'd be fine with just a new DK stage.

Seriously though.
I'm thinking he'll get a transformation. Or maybe he'll just nuke the stage with a giant fireball.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yeah, I agree. It does seem weird to only hint at Ridley as a boss. You'd think they would show him off by now. But I'm probably just paranoid.

I would also hope to see Dixie Kong too. At this point I'd be fine with just a new DK stage.

I'm thinking he'll get a transformation. Or maybe he'll just nuke the stage with a giant fireball.
I was thinking he would transform into Omega Ridley and be like Wario Man/Giga Bowser.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Seriously though.
I'm still for becoming huge, grabbing a bunch of people and slamming them into a wall, then rush them alongside it and finish with a fireball that sends them flying X)

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Along with Ridley, I'd hope for Mewtwo, Impa, Dixie, and Mach Rider to be in, though I think Ridley has the highest possibility, followed by Mewtwo

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Along with Ridley, I'd hope for Mewtwo, Impa, Dixie, and Mach Rider to be in, though I think Ridley has the highest possibility, followed by Mewtwo
I'll be kind of upset if Mewtwo doesn't get in but I'll get over it and just go with Robin or the new and improved Bowser or you know...
Ridley. :dazwa:

I'll be happy as long as atleast one of them get in. I think I'll die of happiness and excitement if they're both in.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I've read that people are taking the new Japanese Mii Fighter based trailer/ad as a hint as to how many characters are in the game. The Mii Fighter is named AKB 48, so people assume that that's a hint of 48 total characters. I'm pretty sure that the leaker said that the leaked roster didn't contain all characters, so I don't know what's up (not sure if the number 5 was speculated by fans, or mentioned by that leaker). If there really are just 48, and neither of the big 3 (Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool) make it in, I'll be so disappointed with the line up, since plenty of clone characters and some dull characters got on there over more unique characters. Ridley being possibly a WiiU exclusive boss shouldn't prevent him from getting a second role (i.e. playable), because there are numerous characters in the games already that have multiple roles (Toon Link being a playable character and stage element, Riki being part of playable character Shulk's Final Smash and as an Assist Trophy, Bowser was a playable character and as a boss in Melee, etc). There's technically more than one Ridley (original Ridley and Roidley), just saying...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My super elusive friend in japan just sent me this leaked image confirming Ridley.
Welp, Ridley confirmed to be True Ogre clone. Namco-Bandai just had to bring some of their own content from Tekken into this game.

But seriously, if Ridley had moves that were reminiscent of True Ogre, that would be pretty sweet.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Saw this on 4chan. Looks pretty cool
:love: I would scream out of happiness if this was real! I know it is Omega Ridley's official render but, at least to see it as an alternate costume....too bad that if we can't even get the Original/SM Ridley because of his diferent proportions in comparison to Roidley...I doubt we could get his Omega or Meta forms... but the image looks neat anyway.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I'll be kind of upset if Mewtwo doesn't get in but I'll get over it and just go with Robin or the new and improved Bowser or you know...

I'll be happy as long as atleast one of them get in. I think I'll die of happiness and excitement if they're both in.

Okay that gif is adorable

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Well, I'm still 100% sure Ridley is playable with all the evidence and teasing around him, and Mewtwo, well, we getting Dr. Mario back, so I'm sure that he's back too. So yeah, we get both! (^_^)

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Well, I'm still 100% sure Ridley is playable with all the evidence and teasing around him, and Mewtwo, well, we getting Dr. Mario back, so I'm sure that he's back too. So yeah, we get both! (^_^)
I forgot that Dr. Mario was confirmed somehow. As a Dr. Mario main in melee, seeing him confirmed made my hype sky rocket to heights even bigger than a certain purple space dragon the rest of us are all hyped about. :dazwa:

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

Tbh I'd prefer to get Mewtwo over Rudley IF I had to pick one over the other

Not to mention Sakurai teased at Mewtwo being in the game at one point

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608

I would choose Mewtwo too over Ridley too if I had to choose one. I'm a little bit biased though because I grew up with Pokemon as a little kid. I didn't get into Metroid until I was a bit older, 11-13 I think. Ridley is still awesome and deserves a spot on the roster. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Yeah, I remember that. Back when X and Y were announced, somone in the audience asked if Mewtwo would be playable in the new SSB. When the creators said they couldn't comment on it, Sakurai stood up from the crowd and said "We're thinking about it." So yeah, next to Palutena (who was confirmed) and Ridley, Mewtwo has been a character who has had a lot of teasing. I'm still sure that he and Ridley are playable.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Guys, guys, apparently a French journalist tweeted by mistake something about the Chorus Men being playable, so there's indeed more characters. Ridley is near!

Top Bottom