• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Metal Face hasn't been acknowledged, and Sakurai might think it's unneccesary to say he is a boss when the stage is on both versions 2 weeks before release, Yellow Devil was 4 Mega Men tall, And Dark Pit is a clone according to the leak, and seeing as he might end up being last minute like Lucina and that he was in Palutena's artwork, I think that might be the case. Dark Emperor was pretty damn obvious, as we saw his model being twice as tall as WFT though, and the ROB argument helps Ridley.

Showing a small shadow isn't entirely obvious, and Nintendo pretty much never shows smash stuff on twitter, so the one time they do, they do a lot of stuff that is Ridley related
But again, you're filling in the blanks with your own prejudices/notions. "Sakurai might think...", "Dark Emperor was pretty damn obvious", "small shadow isn't entirely obvious", etc. You're making leaps in what Sakurai 'might think' (Sakurai might ALSO have thought that showing Ridley's shadow on Pyrosphere while explaining bosses is self-explanatory but we disregard that possibility) or changing criteria based on what is obvious to YOU (others might see an obvious conclusion in the context of Ridley in a whole section about 'bosses'). So I'm just saying that Sakurai is not clear-cut or consistent with any particular set of "rules" and that fans bend these to explain their own desired outcome.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But again, you're filling in the blanks with your own prejudices/notions. "Sakurai might think...", "Dark Emperor was pretty damn obvious", "small shadow isn't entirely obvious", etc. You're making leaps in what Sakurai 'might think' (Sakurai might ALSO have thought that showing Ridley's shadow on Pyrosphere while explaining bosses is self-explanatory but we disregard that possibility) or changing criteria based on what is obvious to YOU (others might see an obvious conclusion in the context of Ridley in a whole section about 'bosses'). So I'm just saying that Sakurai is not clear-cut or consistent with any particular set of "rules" and that fans bend these to explain their own desired outcome.
WFT is pretty large, Dark Emperor lacks limbs and fits 2 of those, Yellow Devil is 4 Mega Men, and didn't act like a playable character, and for your take on Ridley? Chrom and Prince Sable called. It's not bias if Sakurai doesn't do the same thing in the same situation. People thought Chrom was playable, including me! Nintendo says "He is only Robin's FS, Please understand". Sakurai said "Prince Sable is an assist trophy, please understand" on his twitter. Ridley is still not having any mention at all

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Erhm, you already know this, but those two leaks (the one containing Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men) and the Ninka leak were both created separately. And if you looked at things objectively, the former leak's credibility has taken a blow because Diddy has a palette swap that resembles Dixie's colors.

It's bad enough that Metroid fans have trouble trying to get their most ideal newcomer(s) into the roster, I'd hate it if it turned out DK fans were also in the same boat.
Diddy had that exact alt in brawl, it means little.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well my text is gone.. it was a lot -.- in short

i wanted to ask whats a possibel date for a dierect? release day or the day before

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
well my text is gone.. it was a lot -.- in short

i wanted to ask whats a possibel date for a dierect? release day or the day before
If I had to guess maybe a short video the day before, like Robin's trailer. But I'm expecting nothing.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well i am after that much time that has passed tired of waiting <.< and i realy dont want him in 5-8 years. at the moment it is just ridley to make the smash cast perfect

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
I don't entirely understand what you are saying. do you mean that you don't want to wait another 5-8 years?
because in 5-8 years will be propably the next smashbros and i dont want to wait for that to get another chance for ridley to be playable

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
So I was thinking, would it be possible for Ridley to be Revealed to be playable on the Wii U, then Is added as DLC to the 3DS version.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
DK fans have it worse by far. Even the new stage they got in Brawl was pathetic, I'd say Metroid is doing much better than them. Ridley would be a great bonus tho

Also Sakurai's favouritism shows a lot Lol even with Sonic
I absolutely hate that stage I can't tell you how many times my Pk thunder has been cancelled out and those SPIKES GAH

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
I dont think this thread is gonna last for these 5 days. It's gonna blow up before then

Anyway guys I don't think Ridley is gonna have a trailer anytime soon. Honestly i don't think any of the remaining characters will. Well we might get something a little bit after release.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I dont think this thread is gonna last for these 5 days its gonna blow up before then

Anyway guys I don't think Ridley is gonna have a trailer anytime soon. Honestly i don't think any of the remaining characters will. Well we might get something a little bit after release.
I agree on no trailers left before release, and as long as we remain calm, we can refrain from posting 145 pages. Excuse me, I have to laugh at the idea that this thread can stand that long for the last 5 days!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I don't think this thread is gonna last for these 5 days. It's gonna blow up before then

I tell you now if we get a trailer everyone will lose it, not just this thread (in more ways than one) Why? Because that leak ruined all the surprises for Shulk's reveal (I didn't know he was British so I got surprised by that) I will finally get that Adrenaline filled hype if we get a Ridley trailer, the sort of hype I have been lacking since I saw Dr.Mario in that leaked roster, So I leave you guys with this I hope to see this thread blow up in the next coming days with the "BIGGEST" (pun entirely intended) reveal we have ever Seen. So let us drink to the Ridley supporters and may I see you on the other side. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
So I just realized if you take game&watch out of his spot on the leak roster and move it down with ROB and duckhunt.. it leaves a space for a Metroid rep. Or another mario character.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I agree on no trailers left before release, and as long as we remain calm, we can refrain from posting 145 pages. Excuse me, I have to laugh at the idea that this thread can stand that long for the last 5 days!
I think its possible it will last up until Friday. 5 days ago, we were at around 1800 pages.55 pages have gone by since. Of course there was little in the way of info pertaining to Ridley, but I think we will barely crack the 2000 by Friday.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
So I just realized if you take game&watch out of his spot on the leak roster and move it down with ROB and duckhunt.. it leaves a space for a Metroid rep. Or another mario character.
Interesting, so if you put Game and Watch where he belongs it leaves space for Ridley? Very interesting.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So I was just on my profile page on kym and I just saw that everyone of my comments was downvoted by someone.

It think I have a Ridley detractor after my blood.

Anyways any news on Ridley?

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
The size of the CSS could possibly shrink to fit them beside eachother now that I think about it actually. But the icons in the leak are already pretty small so...I don't know.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Wouldn't that separate the Kongs though?
Yeah. But I have devised a way to fix this roster up for ridley's inclusion AND better placement of another couple characters.

Move G&W down onto the end of the 2nd to last row.
Put ridley where zero suit is, pushing the rest left one square (moving DK to g&w's spot due to the first step)
Then put CF where g&w was originally, and ness where diddy would be, move the zelda series down a row and put the 2 kongs, 2 starfox reps and olimar in their place. Done. And with brawl vets being more bundled together while still being in their own groups.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
I think its possible it will last up until Friday. 5 days ago, we were at around 1800 pages.55 pages have gone by since. Of course there was little in the way of info pertaining to Ridley, but I think we will barely crack the 2000 by Friday.
I honestly think that Wednesday will be this thread final day. I bet we will getting more supporters,fake/real leaks, and haters coming out the woodwork soon and this thread wont be able to stand it

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I honestly think that Wednesday will be this thread final day. I bet we will getting more supporters,fake/real leaks, and haters coming out the woodwork soon and this thread wont be able to stand it
Nah, we'll hold out till the end of the week. Space pirates Never Falter! All for Ridley, and Ridley for all!

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Yeah. But I have devised a way to fix this roster up for ridley's inclusion AND better placement of another couple characters.

Move G&W down onto the end of the 2nd to last row.
Put ridley where zero suit is, pushing the rest left one square (moving DK to g&w's spot due to the first step)
Then put CF where g&w was originally, and ness where diddy would be, move the zelda series down a row and put the 2 kongs, 2 starfox reps and olimar in their place. Done. And with brawl vets being more bundled together while still being in their own groups.
Putting all the clones in their respective spots will clear up the whole roster.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What if a general western only direct was announced tomorrow for tuesday
the thread would explode
and Ridley would be immenent.

@BlueBubbee any metroid anniversaries this week, that aren't on your list, but could possibly be there.

Top Bottom