• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not able to post links yet, but the guy might have had solid info.

Mentions the following:
- Shulk, Ridley, Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Palutena, and Chorus Men are playable.
- Ike's Radiant Dawn design.
- The roster will be at least 50.

I believe this might have been before Ike was revealed as a veteran, but I'm not 100% sure. Every time I tried finding the original post I'm just linked back to the Gamefaqs quote. So, take it as you will right now. Nothing is concrete.
Sorry, but that doesn't faze me at all. Predicting Ike's Radiant Dawn design, that Pac-Man (who most everyone thought was in) is playable, Palutena (who was already leaked), Shulk, etc.? We have seen no signs of Chorus Men whatsoever, and predicting Ike's Radiant Dawn design isn't a difficult task at all. Its the newest canonical design Ike has.

Sorry, stop trying to use leaks as a way to further your belief in playabley. You don't need them.

I still say if we get two of the Hype 3, we've got all of them, as well. Anyway, happy 1800 pages, Ridley thread! :D

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Remember this?

Meta Griffonley disassembled.
I love this. <3

Makes me wonder, how will the dev team work out Ridley's airgame? Do we think he'll be a primarily air-based fighter like Jigglypuff and Meta Knight or just be able to pull off some insane stunts whilst airborne?

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
Sorry, but that doesn't faze me at all. Predicting Ike's Radiant Dawn design, that Pac-Man (who most everyone thought was in) is playable, Palutena (who was already leaked), Shulk, etc.? We have seen no signs of Chorus Men whatsoever, and predicting Ike's Radiant Dawn design isn't a difficult task at all. Its the newest canonical design Ike has.

Sorry, stop trying to use leaks as a way to further your belief in playabley. You don't need them.

I still say if we get two of the Hype 3, we've got all of them, as well. Anyway, happy 1800 pages, Ridley thread! :D
Wasn't trying to do anything along those lines at all. I've just comes across a lot of different discussions and thought it might be worth mentioning. I'm aware a lot of the info was common knowledge.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Remember this?

Meta Griffonley disassembled.
Dangit Dalek! You broke him!

So, here's a video of a resized Ridley. It's from a mod that lets you play as Ridley in Brawl (with a whole new moveset). Would you guys be happy if Ridley looked like this in Smash 4?
Not if the model is pasted over Charizard and is given a shoddy set of animations.
I guess he could be a tad bigger, especially when he can just move on the ground on all fours. Other than that, it's ok.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
1800 pages...damn slow down people or we really will glitch this thread before our leader is revealed :joyful:. Bow down to Ridley (and Furbyley)!

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
1800 pages already? Hmph. Can't say I'm surprised, I mean this is the biggest thread on the forum :troll:, and we were already moving at a significantly fast pace through the pages.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So... what happens at 2000 pages? Is it a coincidence that this thread is threatening to become TOO BIG?
The thread starts to cause bugs on the site and has to close. I fear if this happens, it will be pointless to make another Ridley thread because of how close the release is.

[Accidental double post] - how do I remove it?
And, um, you can't? Best you can do is leave it there with acknowledgement that it exists as a double post (like you have done).

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The thread starts to cause bugs on the site and has to close. I fear if this happens, it will be pointless to make another RIdley thread because of how close the release is.
If no one makes it, then I will!

(We need it to trasnform into the Rodley general discussion thread
Phaazoid can have the I was wrong.)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why not just lock this thread just as it is about to reach that point? It could be a relic for the great support Ridley received here.
Nah, its way more hilarious to make it become literally too big. A fitting end for the Ridley support thread.

[Accidental double post] - how do I remove it?
I always just report mine. They're usually removed in under a minute.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Here it is guys. The Final home stretch with 7 days (not counting weekends) to go concerning SSB4 news.

May Ridley's playable presence grace SSB4.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
So, here's a video of a resized Ridley. It's from a mod that lets you play as Ridley in Brawl (with a whole new moveset). Would you guys be happy if Ridley looked like this in Smash 4?
This one... I think it would be unique to have a character that's constantly airborne, but that means there will need to be lots of tweaking, because this mod won't do.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
and don't forget that someone will get the game befor sept 12-13... so it can be less then 7 day :)
With the possibility of stores accidentally selling copies early, we can be on the lookout for full-roster leaks within a couple of days.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Currently working on a Hybridley.

hybridley.png

It's a work in progress. :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Stores breaking the street date in Japan is unlikely to happen.
Why not just lock this thread just as it is about to reach that point? It could be a relic for the great support Ridley received here.
I think we will know Ridley's fate way before this thread reaches 2000 pages. If he is playable, I assume someone will create a Social thread for Ridley's sub-forum and this thread will be locked.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Regardless of how he's revealed, it's going to be spectacular. I'd say we'll be alright on page count - things seem to be relatively calm right now, what with the lack of any cogent information as it is.

I await you all at the end of time, dear friends. One way or another, we'll have plenty to discuss. ^_^

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry if this has been asked already, but according to these pictures:

What 8 Palette colors can we see Ridley using in the game?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I'm talking about the four trophies. It was shown by Nintendo, they only thing they leaked was Ganondorf. The 4 trophies were in the smash direct and then we all starting speculating
Ok. But just a clarification i didn't call the theory a leak. And I am referring to the roster and video leaks of Bowser Jr, Shulk, etc., on the 3DS

His tail is the tail that will pierce the heavens!
Holy ****, why is this so based.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
as far as the thread length is concerned we have just less than 200 pages to go, now if Ridley is revealed i think this page will jump about 100 pages unless one of the mods strikes us down with a heavenly bolt, i also don't see this thread adding 199 pages in 2 weeks meaning this thread will reach the 2000 mark one way or another, either we go out in a massive celebration of our glorious captain's reveal and a new thread is made to discuss how he is played, or we putter away as he is finally put to rest... and then probably start a thread about ridley as dlc...

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Sorry if this has been asked already, but according to these pictures:

What 8 Palette colors can we see Ridley using in the game?
Violet/pink canopies (default)
Purple/green canopies (NES)
Grey/red canopies (Zero Mission)
Silver/gold canopies (Meta Ridley)
Blue/gold canopies (Omega Ridley)
Red/orange canopies (Super boxart)
Indigo/pink canopies (Neo Ridley)
Orange/blue canopies (Charizard) :troll:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Darn, missed the BIG number threshold, AGAIN! But oh well.

1800 pages. 200 pages until thread termination. Samus has almost made it to her ship. It all seems like the coast is clear. But then, something BIG seems to be in Samus' way. Who could it be?

[collapse=Obviously it's]
[/collapse]
:troll:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Violet/pink canopies (default)
Purple/green canopies (NES)
Grey/red canopies (Zero Mission)
Silver/gold canopies (Meta Ridley)
Blue/gold canopies (Omega Ridley)
Red/orange canopies (Super boxart)