• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Spoiler because it's pretty damn long.
Twas the night before smash was announced, and Sakurai had a deed! He wanted to make a video game and fulfill everyones need! Mario, Kirby Samus, all of the original 12! Everyone was happy, even the guys at Valve! However, one man named Ridley was left out, for he was too big! Solid Snake saw him crying when smoking a cig. "I'm too big." Ridley said, "They'll never let me in!" "Size doesn't matter at all" Snake said with a grin. Ridley wasn't convinced, and was still very upset, "I'll just be a boss again, for that, I'm allset" Snake punched Ridley right in the mouth! Ridley's face went to the ground, facing to the south. "Your fans want you in, they give you eternal support! Hell, they'd buy a life size plushie of you, even with the costs of import!" Ridley was shocked, he commited a sin! He forget that his chances weren't slim!"Dammit" Ridley shouted, as he suddenly realized."The East don't want me!" He analyzed. Little Mac heard the commotion, ran quickly and saw tears of emotion. "Hey you!" Mac yelled with anger in his voice, "I'm in, and it's Sakurai's choice!" Ridley gasped"But you and me are the same! The West want us but the East think we're lame!" Mac told Ridley in a battle-cry: "You'll never get in if you won't bother to try!" Sakurai saw this, his heart had grown. "I'll put Ridley in, my kindness will be shown. Hey big guy, you over there! I'll put you in! See? I care!" "I'll pretend you're a boss, just to be a troll! All your haters will pay the toll!"
Something I came up with. Have a nice read!
:crying: That was beautiful.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I don't see "The leak is the final roster" as a valid argument against his inclusion.
Keep in mind the ESRB's Rating came out July 16th(when the Robin/Lucina trailer came) , which means the Esrb saw this video 3 months(or more) before the english release date, and over 2 months before the Japanese release date. If I had to guess, the ESRB rated this game either late June or in the first week of July, so it's around 3 and a half months until the US/European version is released. Its VERY possible they were putting finishing touches on Newcomers or were polishing off a few more veterans.
At this point I'm positive Ridley will NOT be a Normal Stage hazard/Boss. Either Ridley will be a Playable character(Which I'm hoping is the case) or he will be a "playable boss" such as what I hear being tossed around... Or he will be both playable and a boss.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Twas the night before smash was announced, and Sakurai had a deed! He wanted to make a video game and fulfill everyones need! Mario, Kirby Samus, all of the original 12! Everyone was happy, even the guys at Valve! However, one man named Ridley was left out, for he was too big! Solid Snake saw him crying when smoking a cig. "I'm too big." Ridley said, "They'll never let me in!" "Size doesn't matter at all" Snake said with a grin. Ridley wasn't convinced, and was still very upset, "I'll just be a boss again, for that, I'm allset" Snake punched Ridley right in the mouth! Ridley's face went to the ground, facing to the south. "Your fans want you in, they give you eternal support! Hell, they'd buy a life size plushie of you, even with the costs of import!" Ridley was shocked, he commited a sin! He forget that his chances weren't slim!"Dammit" Ridley shouted, as he suddenly realized."The East don't want me!" He analyzed. Little Mac heard the commotion, ran quickly and saw tears of emotion. "Hey you!" Mac yelled with anger in his voice, "I'm in, and it's Sakurai's choice!" Ridley gasped"But you and me are the same! The West want us but the East think we're lame!" Mac told Ridley in a battle-cry: "You'll never get in if you won't bother to try!" Sakurai saw this, his heart had grown. "I'll put Ridley in, my kindness will be shown. Hey big guy, you over there! I'll put you in! See? I care!" "I'll pretend you're a boss, just to be a troll! All your haters will pay the toll!"
Permission to copypasta this? Pretty Please?

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that this turns out to be the final roster:

No I'm not saying this leak is legit but in terms of characters, this is one of the best roster's we have. And we get Ridley, Mewtwo, and Duck Hunt, so it's all good.
i would be okay with it but instead of wolf coming back i would rather have the ice climbers its a sad sad world when iceclimbers arnt on the roster

D

Deleted member 245254

About the POTD...

Honestly this doesn't really say anything.

This is another example of over-analyzing a semantic detail.

There are many more weighted reasons why Ridley may not be playable.

Also, something being an assist trophy and a cameo in a final smash is quite different from being an attack-able boss and a playable character.

It's seriously grasping at straws to assert that the POTD means anything for Ridley.

Ridley has two things going for it...

1. The fans.

2. More fans.

I'm willing to bet its possible he gets in on that alone, but still not really too confident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I have always imagined Ridley as a heavy flyer if he were a playable character. However, that role was filled by Charizard, even when it was part of the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
About the POTD...

Honestly this doesn't really say anything.

This is another example of over-analyzing a semantic detail.

There are many more weighted reasons why Ridley may not be playable.

Also, something being an assist trophy and a cameo in a final smash is quite different from being an attack-able boss and a playable character.

It's seriously grasping at straws to assert that the POTD means anything for Ridley.

1. The fans.

2. More fans.

I'm willing to bet its possible he gets in on that alone, but still not really too confident.
ROB
Attackable NPC
Playable character
case solves

Ridley is the villain of Metroid

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Nice read has been had!

ROB
Attackable NPC
Playable character
case solves

Ridley is the villain of Metroid
Not quite, considering Ridley is supposed to be one of a kind, whereas R.O.B. is just an unique version of an army of clone troopers. You could probably argue that Roidley is the boss and some other incarnation is playable, but eh. It's still unlikely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nice read has been had!

Not quite, considering Ridley is supposed to be one of a kind, whereas R.O.B. is just an unique version of an army of clone troopers. You could probably argue that Roidley is the boss and some other incarnation is playable, but eh. It's still unlikely.
Other M happened, there is no excuse, now Ridley is hunting, he's hungry for moose! (Dammit, my inner Dr. Seuss is in control!)

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
I don't see "The leak is the final roster" as a valid argument against his inclusion.
Keep in mind the ESRB's Rating came out July 16th(when the Robin/Lucina trailer came) , which means the Esrb saw this video 3 months(or more) before the english release date, and over 2 months before the Japanese release date. If I had to guess, the ESRB rated this game either late June or in the first week of July, so it's around 3 and a half months until the US/European version is released. Its VERY possible they were putting finishing touches on Newcomers or were polishing off a few more veterans.
At this point I'm positive Ridley will NOT be a Normal Stage hazard/Boss. Either Ridley will be a Playable character(Which I'm hoping is the case) or he will be a "playable boss" such as what I hear being tossed around... Or he will be both playable and a boss.
more the first option or the third option not the second one :)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Seriously this thread is for Ridley supporters. If you come here to tell us he is not playable, get out.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Seriously this thread is for Ridley supporters. If you come here to tell us he is not playable, get out.
Detractors can come here too
we just wish they wouldnt.
They don't really tell us anything we haven't heard.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

1. The fans.

2. More fans.
He also has being Metroid's main villain going for him and being the series most important character after Samus and the Metroids themselves, but really that does kinda pale in comparison to his fan demand.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
@Zipzo

For your information, Sakurai had planned out the roster at the beginning of development. Its not like he changed his mind during the development process. No matter how hard we all cried for Ridley between June 2013 and today wouldn't make a difference on his situation. He is either in or not. Sakurai just has yet to reveal him. What everyone is doing here is deducing his chances of actually being part of the roster, by using evidence and patterns presented by Sakurai. Things like the Phantom Knight, Toon Link, Palutena tease, and the Assist trophy character confirmations all relate to Ridley's chances being in the game.

Ridley, like Palutena was hinted at in a PotD, like Toon Link, he was seemingly confirmed as a stage element character, and like phantom knight, was teased in an ambiguous fashion, leading many to hypothesize he was just an assist trophy/boss, as Zelda never had the Phantom Knight as a move before, same with Ridley having never been playable. These are things that lead to the chances of Ridley being playable. Sakurai himself also doesn't troll to be cruel to his fans. He wouldn't tease Ridley if he didn't have plans for him, he'd just announce to the world "Ridley is the stage boss for pyro stage, look out, he's a deadly foe." He didn't do that.

Don't even get me started on the PotD where he blatantly said Smash doesn't always stay true to scale. This effectively puts the biggest, and frankly only argument against Ridley's inclusion in serious question. Besides that, what else is against Ridley not being in Smash? He meets every other criteria to be in the game.

1. Video game character Check
2. Nintendo character Check
3. Significant character from his franchise Check
4. Smash is in severe lack of villains, and more would remedy it Check
5. Has an overwhelming amount of support to be included

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Zipzo could do with being somewhat less harsh and condescending, but he has a right to his opinion, and to be skeptical towards Ridley. After all, this thread is all about discussing the Space Pirate leader himself.

If you don't like what he says, then ignore him.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
This question has probably already been asked, but would you guys buy a Ridley Amiibo?
I might, it could scare the flies away :p . The again, my mom would say it looks freaky and it may make me look like a medieval geek. :p

Last edited:

Blissfuldissona

Smash Rookie
NNID
blissfuldissona
Ok, I have been checking this site for Ridley updates multiple times a day for the past year and i have and I finally caved and made an account. Ridley is coming! no more sh*t boss compromises, playable

And KYM for me.
Let's not forget the Miiverse here.

This question has probably already been asked, but would you guys buy a Ridley Amiibo?
I might, it could scare the flies away :p . The again, my mom would say it looks freaky and it may make me look like a medieval geek. :p
I love collecting figures and there really isn't a Ridley one out there so I would buy a Ridley amiibo in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I might, it could scare the flies away :p . The again, my mom would say it looks freaky and it may make me look like a geek. :p
Yes.

I would also get a Charizard amiibo (duh) and a Robin amiibo, so long as the Robin amiibo either contains both genders or has both gender variants available.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok, I have been checking this site for Ridley updates multiple times a day for the past year and i have and I finally caved and made an account. Ridley is coming! no more sh*t boss compromises, playable
Welcome to the support thread and more importantly Smashboards!
PS: Don't drink the water. :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't drink the water
Ridley would eat her for you then, we would all buy a Ridley Amiibo, I plan on getting a New 3DS and it'll be my first Amiibo

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
He also has being Metroid's main villain going for him and being the series most important character after Samus and the Metroids themselves, but really that does kinda pale in comparison to his fan demand.
A whole lot of things pale in comparison to his fan demand. Not Ridley himself though.

Ugh bad news, the poem exeeds the amount of text I'm allowed to post. It's too big.
How typical.

I want Ridley to do something goofy with Villager when he's revealed. Like this! ONLY WITH MINI RIDLEY AND GIANT VILLAGER AND SAMUS
Just a picture of Ridley in the middle with the villagers dancing around him, as they hail their lord and master.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I just had a thought. You know what I hate? When people say Ridley will just be a Charizard clone. I mean, they're dragons, that's it. (Hell, Charizard being a dragon is debatable at best anyway)

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
more the first option or the third option not the second one :)

Blissfuldissona

Smash Rookie
NNID
blissfuldissona
Welcome to the support thread and more importantly Smashboards!
PS: Don't drink the water. :p
Thanks:) and to all of you here who have tolerated the ridiculous ridley bashing that goes on..well everywhere, you have my respect. We are finally nearing the conclusion, don't screw us sakurai!

Top Bottom