• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
There are numerous mitigating factors regarding that set of design aspects, how and ever. I don't think it's inherently malevolent or even intentional on Sakurai's part.
The only excuse I've read is that Sakurai doesn't want to upset Smash players who like Ganonddorf the way he is (as a clone).

Are there other reasons why he doesn't de-clone Ganondorf? It certainly seems that the vast majority would prefer he get decloned.

Then again, he seems to be ignoring the most wanted potential Newcomer who hails from a Nintendo franchise, so I guess its impossible to figure out his reasoning.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Has this been posted? This guy claims that the PAX thing was them being shown the starting roster and a Ridley trailer with Dr.Mario that will be shown to the public on September 13th:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69977258?page=1

I'll believe it when I see it, good job we don't have to wait long to see if he's legit.
If that was Ridley's trailer, I would be so mad. It doesn't do him Justice, Dr. Mario shouldn't be the one to face Ridley, he should be an alternate costume anyway considering he's the same person. Samus needs to fight Ridley, she just needs to.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Has this been posted? This guy claims that the PAX thing was them being shown the starting roster and a Ridley trailer with Dr.Mario that will be shown to the public on September 13th:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69977258?page=1

I'll believe it when I see it, good job we don't have to wait long to see if he's legit.
My brother, who frequents 4chan and is used to this sort of a thing, put it best when he said that any "leak" without substantial empirical evidence and official acknowledgement is just a colloquial expression for somebody expressing their opinion.

Regardless of whether or not it is, somehow, hypothetically legitimate, we have absolutely no way of verifying it. It could very well be Sakurai himself posting just to screw with us, for all we know: we just have no reason to believe it is, any more than we do to believe that the moon and the sun are made of green cheese and cold fire just because we are told as such.

Thanks for sharing, but don't believe it until we have solid proof. Empirical verification is the cornerstone of sound investigation.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
If that was Ridley's trailer, I would be so mad. It doesn't do him Justice, Dr. Mario shouldn't be the one to face Ridley, he should be an alternate costume anyway considering he's the same person. Samus needs to fight Ridley, she just needs to.
not only that, but the trailer and what he said is implying ridley is a charizard clone, which i doubt he will be

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think that it as very little merit, but still there. Few people believe in Ridley, and I could totally see that being Ridley's trailer. n (sakpie loves to dissapoint us.)
I only hope not.

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
I just made an account. I have been a supporter of Ridley since before Brawl, and a lot of these posts have given me a sliver of hope. I'd like to join the Ridley's Supporters list, of course.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I just made an account. I have been a supporter of Ridley since before Brawl, and a lot of these posts have given me a sliver of hope. I'd like to join the Ridley's Supporters list, of course.
generic welcome message and dont drink the water coming your way

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I could totally see that happening, I just hope it doesn't. Maybe it's fake, maybe it's real. Only that guy knows.

Let there be Ridley!

(The last character revealed before release, we all saw that coming if it happens).

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Just doesn't stop does it?

Another leak of Ridley's trailer.
If it's Brawly, it's probably fake. I'm pretty sure that Ridley will either be Other M Ridley or Other M Concept Art Ridley, considering that Samus and ZZS are based around thier Other M apperances, and we already know that his tail clip in the direct is the same as Other M versions.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, tomorrow begins yet another week of pictures and updates. Since Shulk was just revealed at the end of last week, I think it's safe to assume that part of this week will be dedicated to him and everything he brought with him; that includes Gaur Plains.

I think it's highly likely that we'll get more information on the Gaur Plains stage sometime this week, and if that trailer is anything to go by, Metal Face may be a boss on the stage. If they reveal Metal Face's role in the game so soon after teasing him... Well, I'm sure you all know what that would suggest.

D

Deleted member

As was said in the thread for that PAX leak that was just posted by @ The Legendary Beast The Legendary Beast

Nintendo wouldn't play into the "Ridley is too big." joke. Fake.
Essentially, it is my firm belief that any leak that reports Ridley's splash card as [Insert Witty Size Comment Here] is fake.

Nintendo is probably well aware of the whole size debate, but I consider it highly unlikely that they would ever make a reference to that in Ridley's reveal trailer, assuming he gets one.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, tomorrow begins yet another week of pictures and updates. Since Shulk was just revealed at the end of last week, I think it's safe to assume that part of this week will be dedicated to him and everything he brought with him; that includes Gaur Plains.

I think it's highly likely that we'll get more information on the Gaur Plains stage sometime this week, and if that trailer is anything to go by, Metal Face may be a boss on the stage. If they reveal Metal Face's role in the game so soon after teasing him... Well, I'm sure you all know what that would suggest.
I'm sure that they'll focus on that, as well as the other new stages for the default characters like Captain Falcon and Kirby.

I think that whatever they have in store for Ridley on the 3DS version (considering that he's most definitely an unlockable newcomer at this point) will be kept secret before launch.

I doubt the Pyrosphere is in the 3DS version, and even if it was it wouldn't be a hard to unlock stage, assuming that he isn't playable.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm sure that they'll focus on that, as well as the other new stages for the default characters like Captain Falcon and Kirby.

I think that whatever they have in store for Ridley on the 3DS version (considering that he's most definitely an unlockable newcomer at this point) will be kept secret before launch.
Lucina is an unlockable newcomer.
Ridley could be revealed before release (Oh I hope so)

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Ah hell, I've been lurking and occasionally posting in here enough already; throw me on the support list to act as a nameless Redshirt to be thrown at the gates of Nintendo in the hopes of dislodging the bolts and getting Ridley in.

devo_

Smash Apprentice
So this has been speculated a million times, but coming from an unbiased opinion who wouldn't be heartbroken if Ridley wasn't in, I think he's in. Honestly, I see no reason Samurai would tease Ridley a year ago just for him to be a stage boss. According to 2chan, Shulk was one of Japan's most wanted newcomers. We know that the developers and Sakurai listen to what we have to say. Ridley is in. I guarantee it.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I really hope we get a Ridley trailer soon. That trailer along with a Duck Hunt trailer are the only trailers that will realy bring up hype. Also if Ridley dose get a trailer, I feel as if Bowser Jr. might be revealed along side him, and maybe a vetran too. Just a hunch.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't care about reading it or not
So you mean to tell me that you don't care about finding out where does people get that Ridley is intelligent, since that info is written and thus require you to read it, which therefore means you are willing to keep believing your ignorant claim instead of accepting that your original statement is fallacious because official information dictates so... is that correct?

Gee, this totally doesn't feel like a troll post.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If we get a ridley trailer i would love for them to reveal falco and wolf.However if that doesn't happen show dark pit or bowser jr along side him.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really hope we get a Ridley trailer soon. That trailer along with a Duck Hunt trailer are the only trailers that will realy bring up hype. Also if Ridley dose get a trailer, I feel as if Bowser Jr. might be revealed along side him, and maybe a vetran too. Just a hunch.
For the longest time, I was convinced (read: idly dreaming) we'd get a reveal trailer with Wonder Red and his one hundred wonderful allies fighting all of the villains in the game - possibly Ridley and Bowser Jr included, in such a hypothetical scenario.

In hindsight, perhaps a bit extreme.

I can only imagine a Ridley trailer will involve opening onto a sterile metallic backdrop with his ominous theme playing to announce his glorious presence. That would be wondrous indeed. Anything beyond that is just Sakurai being simply too generous.

NNID
Majorasmask66
For the longest time, I was convinced (read: idly dreaming) we'd get a reveal trailer with Wonder Red and his one hundred wonderful allies fighting all of the villains in the game - possibly Ridley and Bowser Jr included, in such a hypothetical scenario.

I can only imagine a Ridley trailer will involve opening onto a sterile metallic backdrop with his ominous theme playing to announce his glorious presence. That would be wondrous indeed. Anything beyond that is just Sakurai being simply too generous.
Lol thats exactly the same trailer i was thinking they would do for wonder red.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

I like that Idea! I guess the reason I think Bowser Jr. will be revealed next to Ridley is becuase now that Shulk is out, they'll probablly reveal the other 2 big newcomers that were in the leak (Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt), but since they would still want to generate hype, they'll reveal one of them with a character who wasn't in the leak (or in this case, was part of the less belivable text leak), and the Big one would obviously be Ridley. Considering how they Revealed two newcomers with a veteran for the Robin Trailer, they might do the same with Ridley. And who might the veteran be? Well, if they are putting Bowser Jr. with Ridley, that would basically make a villian's trailer, so the veteran would either be Ganondorf or (what I'm hoping for), Mewtwo.

As for Wonder Red, well, let's hope he gets a shot next time.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Would be really cool to finally reveal a Villain Trailer that could show Ridley, Bowser Jr, Wario, and Ganon.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Any image that uses Super Metroid Ridley immediately is fake. I know for sure if he's playable it will be the Other M version, mostly because the shadow from the direct resembles that Ridley. Maybe Super Metroid Ridley is an alt, but they wouldn't use an alt to showcase him in a trailer.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
One of those isn't like the others....
Wario? Cause I guess you could classify him as a anti hero as opposed to a full villain, but then again in smash bros he's considered a villain, so yeah.

Sorry my auto correct isn't working, gonna try and fix it.

Annnnd fixed.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I'd just be happy he's in.
If it weren't for being teased as I boss I'd feel the same, but that was just cruel of Sakurai. I'm tired of seeing comments like, "What's with all the hate for Chrom? Well, you want Ridley so I shouldn't be surprised." And "Maybe Sakurai's trying to let you down easy." Or worst of all comments saying he's the exception.
Anyway, why is 'Bowser can change size' a valid argument? Ridley changes size every game, but that doesn't matter since he's obviously the exception.

Last edited:

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Ridley thread has almost 400 more pages than the official character discussion thread. The support is too real

Last edited:

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
If / when they reveal Ridley the internet will be broken. Smashboards will be crashed. IsmaR will shut this all down. It will be a good day for the Ridley supporters and a bad day for the Ridley detractors. :4pacman:

Top Bottom