• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What if they reveal metal face from Xenoblade and ridley fighting it out like charazard and grininga
If you mean Metal Face as playable, then that won't work.

[collapse=Inb4 didn't play Xenoblade and don't want to get spoiled]Someone here already explain that there is a person in that mecha suit, so resizing the suit means a tiny person is inside of it.[/collapse]

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
he/she didn't have them unlock.Now Can someone tell how k rool has been teased.Everyone keeps saying that K rool is in the game becaused he's been teased like Rildey and mewtwo.Well i haven't seen anything besides Kermlings and that could just be a donkey kong enemy.
The Kremlings are just a DK enemy, yes. The reason why they count that as a tease is because the Kremlings have been on a hiatus since I don't even know.

What if they reveal metal face from Xenoblade and ridley fighting it out like charazard and grininga
Well, I think I'd have to lie down for a while. One can only absorb so much awesome.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
If Metal Face is going to be a boss...

...Well let's just note that Metal Face has a stage on the 3DS version to exist on, and the Mega Man stage with Yellow Devil is also on the 3DS version.

If the ESRB leak truly be true, there is no Pyrosphere on the 3DS...

...Huh.

(Not an original theory!)

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
The Kremlings are just a DK enemy, yes. The reason why they count that as a tease is because the Kremlings have been on a hiatus since I don't even know.

Well, I think I'd have to lie down for a while. One can only absorb so much awesome.
Last I saw them they were playing goalies in that one football Mario game.

And when it comes to the Ridley fighting Metal Face thing. I think I may need this in my life. (As well as K.Rool in his pirate ship I think he had once and Mewtwo using her psychic abilities *Yes I see Mewtwo as a female mostly*) Maybe in a whole "Who's the better villain?" free-for-all.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
so.....why are we talking about K rool and Mewtwo in a ridley thread? do you all want the thread locked? lol

Chase

Smash Ace
I believe since Jungle Climber.

It would be amazing to see the hype 3 share a trailer. Now that we (almost) certainly have Ridley, who do you think could the fourth Metroid rep? My bets on Dark Samus or Mother Brain, with Anthony Higgs and Kraid at their heels.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
If you mean Metal Face as playable, then that won't work.

[collapse=Inb4 didn't play Xenoblade and don't want to get spoiled]Someone here already explain that there is a person in that mecha suit, so resizing the suit means a tiny person is inside of it.[/collapse]
Inb4 someone calls you a hypocrite for saying Ridley can be downscaled, but not Metal Face because logic. :troll:

But in all seriousness, if size really doesn't matter, then we should consider Metal Face having just as much of a chance as Ridley...even though he was shown to be big in the Shulk trailer, deconfirming him in a way...

even though there's a tiny man in him...

Hey, I'm no MF supporter, but there's always Smash 5. I'm just trying to make sure none of us sound hypocritical to anyone.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If we get an aerial grab, do you think both fighters are going to continue to plummet, or will it have Ridley pause in midair for a second? Because if they keep dropping, it seems really easy to grab, wait until you're low enough, then down-throw to pretty much guarantee a KO.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I hope I am not the only one in this thread that will be more surprised if Ridley DOESNT make it in.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I hope I am not the only one in this thread that will be more surprised if Ridley DOESNT make it in.
I won't be surprised. I know at this point not to put faith in anybody who has nothing to prove their trust. Sakurai is fallible. The supposed people checking out forums to gauge character interests are fallible. Anything is possible. You can hope somebody comes through without risking disillusionment.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
If we get an aerial grab, do you think both fighters are going to continue to plummet, or will it have Ridley pause in midair for a second? Because if they keep dropping, it seems really easy to grab, wait until you're low enough, then down-throw to pretty much guarantee a KO.
Its funny because some Ridley designs have 3 fingers and others have 4 xDDD, Ridley doesnt even have unique design in that.

Anyways the grab thing is nice and very Ridley alike, I support that

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Smash releases in less than two weeks. Is it possible the full roster will get leaked in a few days? When do people get early copies? A few days before or weeks before?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will not be surprised if he isn't playable and I will not be surprised if he is. I can think of plenty of reasons for both scenarios to happen.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Smash releases in less than two weeks. Is it possible the full roster will get leaked in a few days? When do people get early copies? A few days before or weeks before?
Normally its a few days, if of course you're on about reviewers. If you mean regular people such as you and I, normally at least a day before.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Ridley will stay airborne when holding an enemy, but will become helpless after he no longer has anyone in his grasp, considering his air speed was shown to be slow, if you want to down throw someone to oblivion, you have to stay close to the edge

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Why are people saying there will be a character trailer on October 3rd? It'd be too late by then. If this stems from that email Nintendo sent out, it was just poorly designed. It's an advert stating that Smash comes out on the third here, and then at the bottom it's notifying you that a new character trailer was put up. That being Shulk.

As for why Ridley wasn't on the css if he's playable? Hmmm. I've read that the ESRB does not need to see the entire roster and just needs to know of anything that could effect the rating. Partial nudity, vulgarity, crude humor, actual violent/gory content. Ridley to Smash and the ESRB, especially due to how Smash works in regards to everyone fighting like they were in a cartoon, doesn't really apply. In this regard he's no more dangerous or harmful to the rating than Charizard.

But if they were just not unlocked, did the ESRB leaker just not take a photo of the full thing with Ridley (if he's in)? Would Sakurai withhold characters just in case a leak happened? Heck, are we even sure it was an ESRB video and not just an insider taking photos of the game? If someone had to play through it for the ESRB video, and they took images as they did, maybe those last five are the hardest to unlock? Maybe the person had a chance to take a photo only when the css looked as it did?

I really hope there are five unknown characters still. Not just for Ridley, but for there still being some surprises. I just hope there's an actual reason that the css looked as it did and that it's not just it was fully unlocked. For how close it is to release, I'm more antsy than I have been this whole time.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
That was in Canada (iirc?) though. Japan laws are far more strict with breaking street date, leaks and stuff.
It was also in Britain.

But you know what I think we should do? When the game is released and Ridley is revealed, we should all have an unofficial celebratory tournament of sorts.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Well don't expect anything this week because this week will be all about shulk and gamemodes. I think next week will be a good week for us. Can't believe this stupid debate will come to an end you guys <3

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Probably hover. Why fall while grabbing if you could also just hover while grabbing?

Wasn't this because XY was an international release?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Probably hover. Why fall while grabbing if you could also just hover while grabbing?

Wasn't this because XY was an international release?
As long as Ridley can possibly grab with his feet like he did the Baby Metroid in Super Metroid, I will be happy.

It was meant to be, but shops in certain areas sold copies earlier, causing leaks, and in turn for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes to be delayed. (Well, in certain areas)

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If Metal Face is going to be a boss...

...Well let's just note that Metal Face has a stage on the 3DS version to exist on, and the Mega Man stage with Yellow Devil is also on the 3DS version.

If the ESRB leak truly be true, there is no Pyrosphere on the 3DS...

...Huh.

(Not an original theory!)
Theory- Ridley is a smash run boss or a classic mode boss they are a few classic mode bosses which one you face at the end of final destination depends on intensity/difficult settings you chose some bosses are more difficult than others so they will be faced when playing on say 7.0 or higher intensity or bosses are chosen at random / explain Ridleys 3DS abscence so far? im sure he will be in 3DS version in some form....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
001 - Copy.gif

Yup....with this, what I'm trying to say is that... love is a LIE....

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
As long as Ridley can possibly grab with his feet like he did the Baby Metroid in Super Metroid, I will be happy.

It was meant to be, but shops in certain areas sold copies earlier, causing leaks, and in turn for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes to be delayed.
Yea. Doubt that it will happen this time around though.

Also, that grabby thing probably won't happen unless Ridley gets grabby feet. Other M feet aren't grabby.

View attachment 23681
Yup....with this, what I'm trying to say is that... love is a LIE....
Can brotherly love also be conveyed in a tsundere fashion?
Poor Roidley.
...What would Roidley do with Samus?

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, it was a real tease, because EVERYBODY was thinking about Mewtwo when they saw that, then it happened to be Greninja xDDD

Ridley is the big tease anyways, K.Rool is because the Kremlins in smash run and Mewtwo was that.
not me lol ..you need to be stupid to think that XD

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
No, after 3 games I don't trust Sakurai to put him in.. But Dark Pit on the other hand..... Its looking more and more Ridley is being hyped up as a Wii U Exclusive....Stage boss. Ridley is the Exception.. as always.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
YCan brotherly love also be conveyed in a tsundere fashion?
Poor Roidley.
Oh....what do you mean by tsundere fashion? and with what Roidley would do with Samus??? o-o I got confused....

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
No, after 3 games I don't trust Sakurai to put him in.. But Dark Pit on the other hand..... Its looking more and more Ridley is being hyped up as a Wii U Exclusive....Stage boss. Ridley is the Exception.. as always.
My thoughts exactly. I would like to see how another director would handle the fighter choices. Maybe one that knows more about Metroid than just power armor and boobs.
I'm not saying that all of Sakurai's decisions have been bad, I'm just still salty about some things...

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I hope Ridley doesn't share Chrom's fate

We can only hope we get a Ridley trailer next week, we didn't really get any news at PAX from Nintendo, all the main news came from a Japan only direct :facepalm:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Man, for the hype three I still like the idea that someone had about all the villains attacking the heroes being led by Bowser. A giant ominous ship shows up in front of the Smashers, and Bowser steps out in front laughing. Jr. flies up next to him in his Koopa Car and sneers. Then, a giant horde of koopas, kameks, monoeyes, waddle dees, ghosts, space pirates, polar bears, moblins, some xenoblade enemies (not sure what would be best), kadabras, and kremlings run up from over a hill. Cannon shots are heard as King K. Rool's ship attacks Dk and Diddy. A zoomed in shot of his eye slowly pans out to reveal him. As Pikachu lets down a Thunderbolt sending a huge batch flying, he gets lifted up into the air and gasps. Mewtwo laughs and sends a psychic blast at the other pokemon. Link throws a few bombs at a group of moblins as Ganondorf can be heard, Sheik and Zelda join Link and they all run at Ganondorf. Other characters like Kirby and Shulk can be seen in the background as we'll as star fox and starwolf shooting at each other. Samus shoots misses killing all the enemies around her, then she looks up into the sky. Ridley lands right in front of her and roars they glare at each other for a split second and fight. During the fight Samus' suit short out and falls apart, they continue to fight and it shows off Ridley's new mechanic.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh....what do you mean by tsundere fashion? and with what Roidley would do with Samus??? o-o I got confused....
Oh, nevermind the tsundere. It's a stupid word used to describe stupid things.
And I meant that, well, Ridley would probably act agressive to the hunter, they are nemesisters (sorry). But what about Roidley?
Yes it's a poorly disguised drawing request basically, sorry.

My thoughts exactly. I would like to see how another director would handle the fighter choices. Maybe one that knows more about Metroid than just power armor and boobs.
I'm not saying that all of Sakurai's decisions have been bad, I'm just still salty about some things...
If you are upset about the fact that Samus is getting fanserviced, despite the fact that the fanservice has pretty much been part of every Metroid game as a reward (except for Other M), well, then I'm going to tell you something. It's pretty much been part of every Metroid game as a reward.
Seriously though what are you salty about. Spill that salt of yours!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Happy Other M Anniversary everybody :troll:

Here's to Ridley being playable!
Yeah, happy anniversary to what almost became the death of Metroid.

In Metroid Other M the more you damage Ridley the more his wings gets in a bad state.

I wonder if Ridley's gimmick could be that the more damage he takes the more damaged his wings become making him more and more useless in the air as he takes damege, to the point where he can't fly anymore but just jump.

I guess that it could allow Ridley to have an okay ground game as well as to make him a little harder to use than just "rush into your opponent while jumping" and more "you have a really good air game but you also have fireballs and attacks with good range for a reason, learn to use them as well".
I don't really like that idea.. or at least half of it. Being a big target and if he's slow like Sakurai said he'd be, he'd already likely be low tier based on that alone. I'm all for the damaged wing details like in Other M, but hampering his flying ability like that may be the last thing he'd need with the other weaknesses he might already have.

I do however, like your notion that he'd have at least an okay ground game, as I get tired of the consensus that he'd be next to worthless on the ground (the notion on him being Little Mac's gameplay opposite is kinda overrated if anything), and regardless of how his flying abilities were to be handled, I agree that there should be more to using him than just rushing into your opponent while jumping; that'd be something only the novices/spammers with him would do until they learn his playstyle more.

Can brotherly love also be conveyed in a tsundere fashion?
Poor Roidley.
Now I'm curious as to what Andrea's Roidley would do with Samus. Annoy her to death with the "love thy enemy" kind of mindset?

Also, I'll just leave this here. It's the kind of Other M/Super hybrid I wouldn't mind having I guess.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I've recently encountered some fairly dumb detractors who have started bringing up arguments worse than the "too big" one. They say stuff like "no one likes Ridley" or "Ridley has no personality, or compelling enough" and all I can do is facepalm so hard at those people. So you mean to tell me, a sadistic , Dragon-like space pirate who killed the parents of the protagonist, who is described as super intelligent is less interesting than a Princess, who's sole purpose is to be kidnapped and be all girly? :glare:

Last edited:
Top Bottom