• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Have fun with these tears of laughter! Now that I think about it, Geno would be pretty fun even if he was impossible...

Bullsh*t, I have a copy of Pokemon Flarfle Garfle and Geno was there, it's a Gen 26 pokemon!
You didn't know? He was confirmed for gen 40.
I can taste Your tears:troll:
Oooh, look at all this nice and tasty off topic! IsmaR hungers for off topic! I am probably being a hypocrite and violating the very same rule!

B - Plasma Shot: Ridley shoots a single large, slow fireball forward. And it explodes on contact. It's a bit hard to use on 1 on 1, due to being easier to spot and avoid. But it can work on well in more hectic free for all fights. In the air, the Plasma Shot moves in an angle, similar to Akuma's Air Hadokens in Street Fighter.
The move would be more useful if it could be manually angled, at the very least in the air.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Warning Received
Ridley is always described as a really intelligent evil mastermind.

He didn't look like it in Brawl though, he was kind of out of his mind back then.
I played few of metroid games but the most what I see that he attack samus for no reason

Now I think that I should buy more metroid games to know everything about ridley

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlGreenhat

Smash Rookie
It seems that a new "leak" is on youtube, in theory it shows the full roster, but I feel a little skeptical about it. Anyway, if you want to check it out, it should be the most recent video if you search "super smash bros 4 leak"

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
It seems that a new "leak" is on youtube, in theory it shows the full roster, but I feel a little skeptical about it. Anyway, if you want to check it out, it should be the most recent video if you search "super smash bros 4 leak"
Is there any way of you showing a link? The most recent one on mine is about a week old.

(You know, not like it's going to be a real thing, if so I really worry for the leaker's intelligence)

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
you should probably post it rather than just say it.

CarlGreenhat

Smash Rookie
Is there any way of you showing a link? The most recent one on mine is about a week old.
I can't post links yet because I haven't made 10 posts yet (or so the pop-up says), anyway have you set the filters so that the most recent videos come out first?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Lol I remember when I just go to metroid wiki just to see ridley images I didn't read anything the only thing that I did read that ridley did kill samus mother
"Remember when I killed your parents? When I looked Just! Like! THIS!?"

(I'd edit Ridley's face onto this but I'm far too lazy)

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Already debunked. A bunch of the renders were found.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I know I may have said something along these lines before, someone on Miiverse (don't ask me who they are, you know what the Miiverse Smash community is like. *Shivers*) had actually noticed a pattern in which the newcomers are being revealed. They said something along the lines that I can't help but think that's actually incredibly likely, and so I'll explain what they mean.

First: Rosalina & Luma from the Mario series.:rosalina:
Second: Little Mac from the Punch-Out series, which had an Assist Trophy in Brawl who's now a fighter; Little Mac.:4littlemac:
Thirdly: Greninja from the Pokémon series was announced during the Smash Direct. :4greninja:

Fourth: Mii Fighters if we are to assume that they are representing the Smash Bros series by themselves, but Miis are ambiguous in general.:4mii:

Fifth: Lady Palutena from the Kid Icarus series, brought back to life by Sakurai himself. It was what we expected, as she was teased twice, once as a statue and then the Pseudo-Palutena trophy. :4palutena: (I can't stop calling her 'Lady Palutena' for some reason...)

Sixth: Pac-Man, as a gift from Namco, Pac-Man represents not only the retro era of gaming, he also represents other Namco All-Stars. (Still waiting for some sort of Tekken reference...):4pacman:

Seventh: Robin and Lucina. Just. Awesomeness. :4robinm::4robinf::4lucina: As a fan of Fire Emblem (thanks a bunch, Roy and Marth!:roymelee::marthmelee:), I'm glad that Robin represents the series in a way that Chrom could never achieve. Lucina was lucky, but I guess you could stop saying that Fire Emblem is all about blue-haired swordsmen, and she's also one of the best female characters in FE. She ranked HIGHER than Chrom, 15.8 %, if I recall correctly.

And now, Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, one of Nintendo's newest and successful games of the 2010 decade. :substitute:

There is indeed a pattern, and following this, it has to be a Veteran series that will get the next newcomer, and what series in Super Smash Bros is the one needing the most playable representatives? The Metroid series:samus: All it has at the moment is Samus Aran, in both her Power/Varia Suit and Zero Suit:4samus::4zss: They're still the same person unless the Samus in the armour turns out to be the SA-X, then that's a different story. Otherwise, we've only got one playable Metroid representing character, and of course, the next character after Samus Aran that's just as important to the series is Ridley. Ridley's influence on Samus is what shaped her into the bounty hunter that she is today, after murdering Samus' parents in front of her eyes. And despite Samus numerous attempts to kill him, Ridley keeps coming back.

With this out of the way, I think that out of all possible characters, the next character reveal should be Ridley. That is all from me, and let me know what you think of this theory. And that's Strider Bond signing off.

Could be. If we assume the five unlockable thing, that means Ridley, Impa, Dixie/K. Rool would be old franchises getting a character. Mewtwo too but since he's a vet I don't know if that'd count. If any of these are announced, the css wasn't final, and our chances for Ridley go up.

However there's one character that could fill this pattern without it being something not in the leak, sadly. Bowser Jr. So as long as it's anything but Bowser Jr it'd be a great reveal. If it's Bowser Jr. nothing would really change. Hopefully Jr isn't a newcomer trailer since Mario already got a newcomer character trailer and if the 5 unlockable are true DK, Zelda, Metroid, all deserve to get their own trailer if they're getting someone.

I think a Ganondorf and Impa trailer dual veteran/newcomer reveal would be fantastic.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think the ultimate battle-damage gimmick was confirmed already in the form of steaming at high %. The only way to add on/make it better would be to make him grow brighter/redder in color as this happened. Would admittedly be a cool throwback.
I think characters with that status already glow with a slight tint of red already.

toast.png

(Only image I had available)

They would be in denial of the fact they would be wrong and say he looks awkward, riots WILL happen
Ridley always causes riots regardless of what he does. He's Ridley.

He didn't look like it in Brawl though, he was kind of out of his mind back then.
"Wait, you mean to tell me I could've been playable!? You jackass, why didn't ya tell me!"

Lol I remember when I just go to metroid wiki just to see ridley images I didn't read anything the only thing that I did read that ridley did kill samus mother

poof.png

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Well, he's described as intelligent, sure. But when you fight against him, he's usually fighting like someone would expect a dragon to fight like.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think characters with that status already glow with a slight tint of red already.

View attachment 23662

(Only image I had available)

Ridley always causes riots regardless of what he does. He's Ridley.

"Wait, you mean to tell me I could've been playable!? You *******, why didn't ya tell me!"

View attachment 23664

Just sayin'.
I still wished they had keep "He may look like a mindless monster" instead of "He looks like a pterosaur".....it just sounds really odd.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, he's described as intelligent, sure. But when you fight against him, he's usually fighting like someone would expect a dragon to fight like.
Well, he's a predator after all. He's extremely intelligent, but the way he fights resembles that of a predator. He's brutal and ruthless, but that doesn't stop him from being intelligent.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not even that. Remember, Ridley has a really, really weird build for a dragon, being much more humanoid. Dragons usually don't attack with a stinger tail, among others.

Well, he's a predator after all. He's extremely intelligent, but the way he fights resembles that of a predator. He's brutal and ruthless, but that doesn't stop him from being intelligent.
He pretty much fights like a warrior would fight if all of his weaponry was natural.
Yeah, like a predator pretty much.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not even that. Remember, Ridley has a really, really weird build for a dragon, being much more humanoid. Dragons usually don't attack with a stinger tail, among others.

He pretty much fights like a warrior would fight if all of his weaponry was natural.
Yeah, like a predator pretty much.
I suppose. But there's still the basic stuff like clawing, flying and shooting fire. Though I'd argue that using a tail to fight is sort of common for dragons in games. Like Spyro or Charizard. I guess Ridley's is more like a stinger, but you get what I mean.

I know, but I can understand why some might not know that he's supposed to be very smart right away.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I do wish that they'd show Ridley being explicitly sapient more in the games. It doesn't even have to be blatant. Just have him lure Samus in a cunning trap and make it clear that he set it up, or have him show some level of rational behavior before going feral on her. Maybe even have an erudite message addressed to the space pirates from him in a scan or something. (Have him call out Science Team for their vaporous brains for bonus points.)

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hey, remember that one time Sakurai didn't bother to confirm Sable Prince's role because it was obvious what he was?
Or Takumaru?
Or Waluigi?
Or Brittany?
Or Chrom?
Or any other Assist Trophy/NPC?

Good times.
Sakurai specified that the Sablé Prince was an Assist Trophy on his Twitter account. He did indeed specify that Waluigi and Takamaru were Assist Trophies. Chrom was specifically stated to be part of Robin's Final Smash in an interview that took place a day later after Lucina and Robin's reveal.

How this relates to Ridley isn't clear, but Sakurai is very deliberate and direct with the information he shares.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Sakurai specified that the Sablé Prince was an Assist Trophy on his Twitter account. He did indeed specify that Waluigi and Takamaru were Assist Trophies. Chrom was specifically stated to be part of Robin's Final Smash in an interview that took place a day later after Lucina and Robin's reveal.

How this relates to Ridley isn't clear, but Sakurai is very deliberate and direct with the information he shares.
Um, I'm pretty sure he knows that. It relates to Ridley because he wasn't flat out deconfirmed like everyone else.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I do wish that they'd show Ridley being explicitly sapient more in the games. It doesn't even have to be blatant. Just have him lure Samus in a cunning trap and make it clear that he set it up, or have him show some level of rational behavior before going feral on her. Maybe even have an erudite message addressed to the space pirates from him in a scan or something. (Have him call out Science Team for their vaporous brains for bonus points.)
All they have to do is show him in the helm of a spaceship at the controls or something, or issuing commands.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I think that was sarcasm.

Top Bottom