• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Weeman

Smash Crusader
By the way the video i linked earlier said "Over 40 characters!"
Wich means the leaked roster could be all that is left

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I find that impossible. Those characters have already been leaked, and Nintendo knows it. Why put an embargo on information that the public already has? It doesn't make any sense.
Only people religiously following the game know about the leaks, The average Joe is not gonna know about the leaks.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Guys, gentlemen, ladies, androgynous snail-people, and anything in between:

The conference isn't some BIG conspiracy against Ridley to hide him from the public. Having an embargo over Ridley is frankly fairly ludicrous. As a matter of fact, I'd say you are flat out insane for believe he is the reason for an embargo.

Could he be part of the embargoed info? Probably. Could he not? Maybe. I seriously, seriously doubt Ridley would be WHY the embargo is in place. Keep calm, steel yourself, it's probably nothing. I'll eat my crown if Ridley is the reason.(all kings have crowns, c'mon...)

My hunch is that it might technical mumbo jumbo a more casual fan like myself won't find terribly interesting. Or maybe a few stages/items.
As much as I believe Ridley was revealed, they could have an embargo to try and prevent leaks.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong always gets the bare minimum of content possible despite being the 4th biggest non-Wii-focused franchise Nintendo has.
It hurts so much.

Regarding the unannounced newcomer thing though, it's totally possible the ones in the leak are the unannounced ones.

I find that impossible. Those characters have already been leaked, and Nintendo knows it. Why put an embargo on information that the public already has? It doesn't make any sense.
Because not everyone knows, since not everybody follows Smash Bros. so closely. Though I would love for Monday's POTD to be the leaked select screen with Sakurai saying "**** it, you already know about everyone here."

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oh, so now you wanna back-stab me for being stupid, and be insulting? This is why the Ridley fanbase gets so much hate; the moment you have any bit of doubt, they jump on you like you're a threat to them! Some become too passionate about it, and that makes the fanbase look like a buch of Bieber-esk fanboys. It's no wonder Nin10doUltra called all of you "worse than Sony fanboys!"

I change my mind entirely; none of you deserve Ridley! Don't be surprised if I go Benedict Arnold on you guys. :evil:
...?

Are you just trolling or are you actually serious? Kinda hard to tell.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Oh, so now you wanna back-stab me for being stupid, and be insulting? This is why the Ridley fanbase gets so much hate; the moment you have any bit of doubt, they jump on you like you're a threat to them! Some become too passionate about it, and that makes the fanbase look like a buch of Bieber-esk fanboys. It's no wonder Nin10doUltra called all of you "worse than Sony fanboys!"

I change my mind entirely; none of you deserve Ridley! Don't be surprised if I go Benedict Arnold on you guys. :evil:
You changed, brother. You are no longer one of us. You will be missed.

Welshy91

Smash Ace

No one cares.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We've have 40 confirmed so far. Nintendo knows the leaks are out there. If they said over 50 then we'd know 100% for sure, without a doubt, there's more than what's on the CSS leak. Either way. My hopes for Ridley are still very high. :D

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Theres 51 characters on the leaked roster like theres 39 characters in brawl, its probably just referring to the known characters. Also 50>40

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All the new info has me more convinced than ever before that Ridley is playable. So, yeah, I'm on the Ridley hype train... but I DON'T think he's going to be announced just yet.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

That may be a bit harsh. It's one thing to be upset at a person for doing something thay displeases you, but don't generalize an entire fanbase like that becuase one person annoyed you.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
If the info is under embargo, I don't think we'll learn anything about it until Nintendo official announcement. But I find this embargo very suspicious.
Remember how Ness was almost cut in Melee. Original 12 aren't always safe.
that was before these rules were established

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Metal Face being teased as a stage hazard. I honestly don't think it hurts Ridley's chances but it is a little weird. I Really want Ridley to be announced soon along with Ice Climbers. While I think both will be in I will be able to breath a sigh of relief when they are revealed.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Metal Face being teased as a stage hazard. I honestly don't think it hurts Ridley's chances but it is a little weird. I Really want Ridley to be announced soon along with Ice Climbers. While I think both will be in I will be able to breath a sigh of relief when they are revealed.
Personally, I will not cry a single tear over the Ice Climbers if it means Ridley makes it. I know that's not how the roster works, but some must die so others may live.

I may just be a horrible, horrible person, but I will cry not tears over the ice climbers even if Ridley doesn't make it. I always thought they were an odd choice, even odder that they were specifically mentioned on the back of the Melee box.

Regardless, no reveal aside from Blonde Swordsman #12 will be today.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
THERE WILL BE NO REVEAL GUYS, PLEASE STOP THIS BEFORE THE THREAD GETS LOCKED... AGAIN.
We're not really any more off topic than usual when it comes to something like this. It's the same endless speculation crap that has been happening for months now, just with an actual event having occurred that we know nothing about. The thread got locked last time due to leak discussion NOT pertaining to Ridley, this is just potential hype for Ridley's reveal due to this closed door event. Sure we're straw grasping and hoping way too much as ever, but that's what being a fan of something like this is all about in my mind. Speculation, excitement, disappointment, the whole nine yards. We have what two weeks left before we know for certain, so might as well let us run up the thread to the 2000 breaking point by then in our overly hyped mannerism, because we as Ridley supporters wouldn't have it any other way!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You are heretics and should be ashamed of yourself! Lord Ridley despises traitors! How can you lose faith now after one **** year xDDDDD? Even if he wasnt revealed today/this event that means nothing

Am I the only on who never loses hype or hope here o_o ? xDDDD *Pterodactyl scream here*
I think this part fits surprisingly well with your post.

MAD. That was part of episode called "Gaming's Next Top Princess". Includes Ganondorf, Sheik, Zelda, Peach, Mega Man, Mario, Bowser, Ridley, Samus, an old guy who cleans the floor and 2 other more important characters not from video games i don't know.
Here is more Ridley from it:
Is that some kind of necklace designed to fit Ridley's little thin neck? And the tail there reminds me of that of one of Frieza's first forms or something because of the color choice (pink while having a bit of purple on the end).

Now I'm embarrassed. I'm sorry for being pessimistic. Only a few cases of the disease have ever actually done it that terribly. I shouldn't assume the worst will happen to me. I shouldn't bother people with my personal conditions. forget I mentioned anything... sorry everyone...
I don't think you really have anything to be sorry about. It's only natural to act as you did earlier when you have a condition that's potentially very life-threatening. If you're not really living on borrowed time like you implied earlier and are okay at the moment though then that's good. Still, here's to hoping that you get the chance to make your brother proud as a Ridley supporter... Godspeed.

Heh. Tell your earlier story to any Ridley detractor you come across and I'm sure they'd change their tune right away, if they have any amount of decency in their bones.

Anyway, the Ridley Embargo Act of 2014... Kinda has a nice ring to it, but the hype has made people so crazy and spammy it's almost unbearable.

I'm not really faulting you yourself for losing hope/faith/whatever in Ridley earlier, as not everyone has that kind of conviction to keep on going after something like the Steel Face showing or whatever he's called, but dude. You're being rather petty yourself now with all the spitefulness, despite the faults a lot of Ridley's supportbase itself may have, but no fanbase is perfect. And to be fair, there's plenty that are worse than Sony fanboys, so I'd almost take that as a compliment.

Why, why place an embargo on the details of that closed door event. It's like id with the new Doom stuff, you've only got stuff to gain from showing the content to the general public, especially if something as BIG as Ridley is a part of it. I'm tried to keep some realistic pessimism right now, but I'm still refreshing every page where content could be coming up as quick as I can. Even if it's just details on Smash, I wanna know those details for crying out loud, every little detail about Smash is great for us fans!
Hah, the new Doom was what I first thought of too when I just got back home learning about this.

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Personally, I will not cry a single tear over the Ice Climbers if it means Ridley makes it. I know that's not how the roster works, but some must die so others may live.

I may just be a horrible, horrible person, but I will cry not tears over the ice climbers even if Ridley doesn't make it. I always thought they were an odd choice, even odder that they were specifically mentioned on the back of the Melee box.

Regardless, no reveal aside from Blonde Swordsman #12 will be today.
Ice Climbers were an odd choice but I grew to love them like how I will likely grow to love Duck Hunt Dog (even though him being leaked with no Ridley felt like a slap in the face) anyway I hope we have an early September direct for Ridley since I'm confident they'll show him off before the game comes out.

I really hope he makes it.
Of course he'll make it!!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'm starting to think that the thread wouldn't get locked for this. We're not discussing the event overall really, just the speculation of Ridley getting announced. Well, either way, I think people need to calm down a bit, but I don't know if saying this will do anything good.

Again, I AM on the Ridley hype train, but I don't think he's going to get announced... yet.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
If there is a Reveal Ala Pacman or Wii Fit Trainer, when were those 2 revealed? (Time, CST would be preferable to know.)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Is that some kind of necklace designed to fit Ridley's little thin neck? And the tail there reminds me of that of one of Frieza's first forms or something because of the color choice (pink while having a bit of purple on the end).
He was tied up to the ground so he wouldn't go rampaging, but he broke free. There was a chain connecting the necklace and the hook on the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCD6yApBVkY around 0:58 if you want to see.

All the new info has me more convinced than ever before that Ridley is playable. So, yeah, I'm on the Ridley hype train... but I DON'T think he's going to be announced just yet.
I'm right there with you, I don't think he'll be announced tonight, but I do think he's more likely than ever with all of this new news we've gotten. He'll either stay secret or be announced soon before release. Let's hope for the best.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone remember exactly what time Pac Man was revealed?
if memory corrects me it was around 11:00, thats when i had to go to bed and minutes later, pacman trailer.
so perhaps around 11:00 is when we'll get a possible Ridley announcement?

Top Bottom