• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

wadsm

Smash Rookie
NNID
wadsm.u
All Star Mode was locked in the ESBR footage/pictures. It's not the final roster.
Hopefully that's true. It would be like if someone daggers my heart if Ridley doesn't make it again after all the teases :(

Darkraid

Smash Champion
A couple of pages ago you were optimistic. What's changed?
Starting roster. Seems that the leak is true. Well, there's DLC. Ninty knows we will eat up the DLC if the char is highly requested. They do need an ace up their sleeve.

I was going through the same emotions as I did for Brawl hoping for Ridley and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

40を超えるファイター
It says over 40 characters.

We've already seen 48 fighters due to the leak even without the Miis. I guess it's unlikely that there're still not shown characters except for DHD, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr.
I love how it looks like Lucario is posing sassily.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet

40を超えるファイター
It says over 40 characters.

We've already seen 48 fighters due to the leak even without the Miis. I guess it's unlikely that there're still not shown characters except for DHD, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr.
It says 40 because there's exactly 40 officially revealed characters, they wouldn't advertise characters not yet confirmed because it would defeat the purpose.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I think I am giving up. We are at the end of reveals and neither Ridley and Mewtwo are shown. I guess this is it. I can't be delusional about it.
Pah. If you can't be insane enough, you aren't ready for being a Ridley supporter. Begone, heretic scum feel free to visit dude, no problem

Starting roster. Seems that the leak is true. Well, there's DLC. Ninty knows we will eat up the DLC if the char is highly requested. They do need an ace up their sleeve.
Uh, Ridley is already in the game. They are not going to withhold him, this isn't EA we are talking about. Also, Mewtwo would make a much, MUCH better candidate for this kind of practice, being I believe the most overall requested character around the globe, as opposed to Ridley being mainly wanted in the West.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Warning Received

I was going through the same emotions as I did for Brawl hoping for Ridley and Mewtwo.
They are seriously jumping the gun that, that leak starter roster means only 12 unlockables

Besides the picture leaker mentioned before that starting roster its not the full roster.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Guys i just made an account to comment on this as much as i love ridley and think he might be in i have a theory why he might not be :
Sakurai was hurt by the leak because he wanted to wow us with shulk. Ridley hasn't been in a pretty confirmed leak while bowser jr, shulk and such were. If he wanted to wow us and kept us hyping about the leak then why didnt he release ridley instead of shulk today?

Another thing that had me thinking if you check the potd from yesterday the first letters of modes spell "ESHOP" and the name used is sophia. When I looked up sophia on the e shop i found "master blaster: AN ENEMY FROM BELOW" now this might not mean a thing and maybe i am looking for things that arnt there but this could be about the leaker, that he's an enemy from below.(i found this myself so if it sounds silly don't think i read it somewhere on some board and please discuss with me)

But eventhough this kinda makes me doubt there is NO REASON why sakurai would hype and hint this much about ridley if he's just a stage hazard.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
STOP BEING PESSAMISTIC PEOPLE! RIDLEY IS STILL POSSIBLE! KEEP UP HOPE! WE'VE BEEN GIVEN NO REASON TO GIVE UP!
This, after all the struggle and the waiting, giving up in the last 2 weeks is like running a 40 km marathon and giving up in the 39th one. COME ON GUYS! YES WE CAN!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Guys i just made an account to comment on this as much as i love ridley and think he might be in i have a theory why he might not be :
Sakurai was hurt by the leak because he wanted to wow us with shulk. Ridley hasn't been in a pretty confirmed leak while bowser jr, shulk and such were. If he wanted to wow us and kept us hyping about the leak then why didnt he release ridley instead of shulk today?
This makes...very little sense. I'm pretty sure everything, from PotD's to trailers, is on a tight schedule. So no, that can't be it.

Another thing that had me thinking if you check the potd from yesterday the first letters of modes spell "ESHOP" and the name used is sophia. When I looked up sophia on the e shop i found "master blaster: AN ENEMY FROM BELOW" now this might not mean a thing and maybe i am looking for things that arnt there but this could be about the leaker, that he's an enemy from below.(i found this myself so if it sounds silly don't think i read it somewhere on some board and please discuss with me)
You seem to have a penchant for strawgrasping, huh? You are welcome to join the space pirates, perhaps we could learn a thing or two from you!
Joking aside, it means nothing, don't think too much about it.

But eventhough this kinda makes me doubt there is NO REASON why sakurai would hype and hint this much about ridley if he's just a stage hazard.
Now this we can agree on!

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
All Star Mode was locked in the ESBR footage/pictures. It's not the final roster.
There is one thing I dont understand, why is the mode being displayed to begin with?
All Star Mode wouldn't even "exist" in the menus until all the characters are unlocked. Was the leaker not able to play all star because there were characters left or just because the build didn't allow it?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There is one thing I dont understand, why is the mode being displayed to begin with?
All Star Mode wouldn't even "exist" in the menus until all the characters are unlocked. Was the leaker not able to play all star because there were characters left or just because the build didn't allow it?
Because without the All-Star button the whole menu would be a mess of filler space. Unlike in previous installments there are no event or adventure mode buttons to fill out that space. It's purely to keep the menu pretty.

It's possible that it's because the 3DS version doesn't have a lot of solo modes so they put All-Star Mode there to beef it up and just put a lock on it.

Edit: Kinda :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Oh boy, Shulk was revealed. What a shocking surprise to all parties invested...

(He's a thug for beating up Bowser for pretty much no reason, though.)

I for one think Ridley is going to be kept a secret for just a little while longer...or until a "real leak" flat out confirms or denies.

The die is cast, let the odds of fortune smile on us.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
im holding out just a little bit more hope... so many people are giving up already... ATLEAST wait until PAX is over.

since the other M anniversary occurs during PAX... if ridley is NOT revealed there... THEN we can give up hope.

i know that is what is gonna happen to me, if ridley isnt confirmed during that "closed doors" conference thing... i just cant see him ever being revealed, and i'll be done, may even skip out on this game, despite the fact that so many of my friends will be getting it.

because after a year... if the PERFECT MOMENT for a ridley reveal is lost forever, how can ANYONE hope for him to still be playable?

that is like hoping the human population will live on AFTER it has been destroyed, and you are the one and only human still on earth.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Looks like Ridley's fate will be revealed when the full roster is leaked online by Japanese copies.

And looking back at the trailer, wasn't Metal Face confirmed to be a boss via Twitter?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I for one think Ridley is going to be kept a secret for just a little while longer...or until a "real leak" flat out confirms or denies.

Or the odds of physics, assuming you are using a loaded die.
Hey, villainy! It's not above us to cheat!

Looks like Ridley's fate will be revealed when the full roster is leaked online by Japanese copies.

And looking back at the trailer, wasn't Metal Face confirmed to be a boss via Twitter?
Heard none of the sort. Is someone gifted enough in their Japanese to search for a potential tweet?

im holding out just a little bit more hope... so many people are giving up already... ATLEAST wait until PAX is over.

since the other M anniversary occurs during PAX... if ridley is NOT revealed there... THEN we can give up hope.

i know that is what is gonna happen to me, if ridley isnt confirmed during that "closed doors" conference thing... i just cant see him ever being revealed, and i'll be done, may even skip out on this game, despite the fact that so many of my friends will be getting it.

because after a year... if the PERFECT MOMENT for a ridley reveal is lost forever, how can ANYONE hope for him to still be playable?

that is like hoping the human population will live on AFTER it has been destroyed, and you are the one and only human still on earth.
No Zero, we will only give up hope after someone shows us the final roster after release. Then will be our time to rest in peace.

Last edited:
Warning Received

Shulk is a coward, he attacked Bowser from behind when he was just enjoying his afternoon walk. Poor Bowser, he was only admiring the butterflies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I really think it's possible he'll be confirmed at PAX. It may be close indeed.

Also, yeah, bowser was just out innocently chasing butterflies, and Shulk the bully attacked him just for fun.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Because without the All-Star button the whole menu would be a mess of filler space. Unlike in previous installments there are no event or adventure mode buttons to fill out that space. It's purely to keep the menu pretty.
Literally forgot about Event Matches not being in the game... Now Im sad about that instead of Ridley...

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Pah. If you can't be insane enough, you aren't ready for being a Ridley supporter. Begone, heretic scum feel free to visit dude, no problem
Once a Ridley fan, always a Ridley fan.

I find Sakurai to be like a crush that leads you on. She right out rejects every guy except you. You think you have a shot dating her. Until you ask her out. Turns out she never like you, you were just delusional. That sums up on Sakurai and Ridley.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Amen

The leak thread is being stupid because they think its only. 12 unlockables (aka they starting to think the leak pic is the full roster.) (proably looking at it wrong though they do know its more than on the leak.)

Its like they forgot the leaker said its not the full roster and the 5 empty slots in that picture.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Did you not see him almost maul that butterfly?

Came to say that if Ridley's not on the roster then he is a stage boss. That means he probably can't be DLC. Were there any developments on that supposed DLC list leak that included him, or was that confirmed not to be related to the main leak?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Once a Ridley fan, always a Ridley fan.

I find Sakurai to be like a crush that leads you on. She right out rejects every guy except you. You think you have a shot dating her. Until you ask her out. Turns out she never like you, you were just delusional. That sums up on Sakurai and Ridley.
That's pretty much a perfect analogue. Let's just hope our situation will have a happy ending...

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
This makes...very little sense. I'm pretty sure everything, from PotD's to trailers, is on a tight schedule. So no, that can't be it.
How does this make no sense? If he released ridley or mewtwo alot of people would go insane! and wonder if the leak was true, then he could wow us again with shulk later.

You seem to have a penchant for strawgrasping, huh? You are welcome to join the space pirates, perhaps we could learn a thing or two from you!
Joking aside, it means nothing, don't think too much about it.

Now this we can agree on!
How does this make no sense? If he released ridley or mewtwo alot of people would go insane! and wonder if the leak was true, then he could wow us again with shulk later.

I don't mean to strawgrasp, i just know sakurai can be sneaky sometimes thus anything could be a hint, maybe there were more hints that no one has seen yet.
I would like to join the space pirates for sure! I have been rooting for ridley since melee. The size argument always seemed so silly to me as bowser in yoshi's isle is big enough to crush the castle with his body.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yea, true, but you make it sound as if the hype would have caused him to change things around, which I doubt because everything is on a schedule. Not to mention the Direct was Japan-only, it'd make more sense if the trailer was global. Or west only, which is why people are hoping for a reveal at PAX.

I don't mean to strawgrasp, i just know sakurai can be sneaky sometimes thus anything could be a hint, maybe there were more hints that no one has seen yet.
I would like to join the space pirates for sure! I have been rooting for ridley since melee. The size argument always seemed so silly to me as bowser in yoshi's isle is big enough to crush the castle with his body.
Ah, you've been waiting for a long time haven't you? Welcome to the club! Don't drink the water and you'll be fine!

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Even if Ridley isn't in the 3DS version for now, he still could be held back alongside other characters until the Wii U version comes out. Someone made this theory up, and it sounds not to stupid to me. I'm kinda tired of being a Ridley supporter for that long now, especially after the last year. I'll probably check hear again for a PAX reveal, but after that.. I honestly don't care that much anymore.

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
At this point hoping for any additional newcomers like Ridley feels a bit like strawgrasping. Think about it, guys:

Shulk likely has the last newcomer trailer we're going to get. That leaves Bowser Jr, DHD (which fits in with retro characters from the past) and the two clones as secrets. Do you really think Sakurai is going to have more than that? I mean, I hope so, but it doesn't seem to be like that.

Of course the smash roundtable at PAX (from what I hear) could go on and reveal Ridley to my joy and surprise, but I doubt it. It's been fun, guys.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
My Ridley support will never die.
I've been waiting since Melee, these last two weeks aren't suddenly gonna make me give up now.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Admit it, you all almost had a heart attack the moment THIS showed up.
View attachment 23443
I know I did.

Stupid Metal Face, being the jerk he always is.
I honestly never thought it was Ridley. When I first saw the trailer I literally just got out of bed and was still pretty groggy, so by the time I noticed the shadow Metal Face was already talking and I instantly recognized his voice.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Yea, true, but you make it sound as if the hype would have caused him to change things around, which I doubt because everything is on a schedule. Not to mention the Direct was Japan-only, it'd make more sense if the trailer was global. Or west only, which is why people are hoping for a reveal at PAX.

Ah, you've been waiting for a long time haven't you? Welcome to the club! Don't drink the water and you'll be fine!
Apperantly he didn't make a Subspace emissary mode because of the leak, why would he not change things this time around. I am not making this up i can quote him on this is you would like that.
Of course, do you remember the opening of melee? Samus fighting a ridley thats not really big (about bowser size, maybe abit smaller/bigger) my nipples were diamonds when i saw that. When i saw the leak a few days ago they detected a ufo in america, which was one of my nipples. I really believe that if this whole ridley thing is just a "joke" by sakurai ALOT of people would be upset (me included)
Sorry if my english isn't very good, i'm not a native english speaker.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
At this point hoping for any additional newcomers like Ridley feels a bit like strawgrasping. Think about it, guys:

Shulk likely has the last newcomer trailer we're going to get. That leaves Bowser Jr, DHD (which fits in with retro characters from the past) and the two clones as secrets. Do you really think Sakurai is going to have more than that? I mean, I hope so, but it doesn't seem to be like that.

Of course the smash roundtable at PAX (from what I hear) could go on and reveal Ridley to my joy and surprise, but I doubt it. It's been fun, guys.
One of the clones is a vet, so 3 newcomers, even though every smash game has at least 4 newcomers.

Top Bottom