• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Just when I thought miiverse couldn't get any dumber. They're all saying "omg! eggman confirmed!" because that's who they think was at the end of the trailer, rather than metalface. Also, this PAX thing better pay off. I want my Ridley reveal already!
Of course Miiverse is getting Dumber. I mean, what do you expect from the same community that made this:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
So are people taking "He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen" way too literidley?

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
im realy interested in one thing. why was bowser ( the only villain) there i mean was he searching something .. or someone ..

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
They can still reveal newcomers after release. Anything is possible.
True, but I think they'd want to show the characters with trailers before release just to avoid some random Japanese guy from spoiling it for us.

So are people taking "He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen" way too literidley?
I must confess, I thought of Ridley right after I read that.

im realy interested in one thing. why was bowser ( the only villain) there i mean was he searching something .. or someone ..
His son, maybe? :D

Last edited:

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
Technically Ganondorf didn't appear in 1986. Back then he was just Ganon. The dorf didn't come till Ocarina of time. They still may have split up that era though since Pit and Palutena are missing. I don't know why Samus and Ridley aren't together though. You'd think you'd fight them both at the same time since they're both from the same series.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That shadow of Metal Face... Worries me...
I need to delve on this a little longer before I make my thoughts final...

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
You concluded other m usa anniversary means nothing i don't see it in there.
...where the HELL did you get that?

again, i refuse to believe you even read my post.

i said we have to get a ridley reveal this weekend BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN THE ANNIVERSARY IS!

im ignoring you, im not gonna argue with someone who isnt even reading my posts correctly.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Nope, he was just having a jog through Guar Plains to keep in shape for Smash. It's not his fault Shulk rudely attached him.

Also Ridley was on Metal Face's back.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Welcome to Ridley thread! We strawgrasp I think?!
But yeah, this phrase is pretty relevant to us too you know.

Metal Face's shadow is bigger than Ridley's. Shadow the hedgehog confirmed. Ridley is the stage boss of Gaur Plains and Metal Face is an item that sticks to an opponent and explodes when the opponent doesn't drive above a certain speed threshold.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Hey, be nice to some of the Miiverse people. You have to understand a lot of them are little kids.
Except for the Toobigots. Hate them all you can :yeahboi:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Not Gonna Lie- I Thought ...what's his face-transformer-metal-Robotnik sounding guy-...was Ridley at first. Similar Head and Neck shape, I guess?

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know PAX schedule and/or smash thing? It would be worth to have an eye on it.

I think we all thought it would/Could be Ridley at first xDDD but nah he is Metal Face, take it as a new hint for "too big" haters and feel the joy once our beloved space pirate gets confirmed. Even if we have to wait for the Wii U version for that to happen, we will stand firm here and always

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I take the Metal Face shadow thing as a positive sign, as it feels like a reminder of the Smash Direct tease, plus foreshadowing Ridley for the next trailer.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Does anybody know PAX schedule and/or smash thing? It would be worth to have an eye on it.

I think we all thought it would/Could be Ridley at first xDDD but nah he is Metal Face, take it as a new hint for "too big" haters and feel the joy once our beloved space pirate gets confirmed. Even if we have to wait for the Wii U version for that to happen, we will stand firm here and always
before the japanese smash 3ds release I know that much

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I take POTD to be a Ridley tease. It shows Sakurai making difficult characters like Shulk and DHD work.

He can make Ridley work.

OdangoKnight

Smash Cadet
I'd like this not to be the case but hear me out.

What if the ESRB roster is actually the full roster on release for the 3DS but remembering there's still a massive gap until the Wii U release. To maintain hype (PotD's etc) for the definitive version what if there were still reveals during this time and when revealed, added to the 3DS version as well?

This would give customers an incentive not to forget about Smash in the upcoming months should the game fall flat.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

What if the ESRB roster is actually the full roster on release for the 3DS but remembering there's still a massive gap until the Wii U release. To maintain hype (PotD's etc) for the definitive version what if there were still reveals during this time and when revealed, added to the 3DS version as well?

This would give customers an incentive not to forget about Smash in the upcoming months should the game fall flat.
That would...certainly be interesting. Both the idea of characters being withheld, and them thinking Smash could ever fall flat.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

I Think This is Straw-Grasping........

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Here's where the marketing theory comes in.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-smash-brothers-community-past-present-and-future

I think they could drop a trailer/vid or something here at the PAX, since the other thing is Smash Bros BRAWL.

Oh and about that? I already thought and said that, the idea of they simply "cut" characters in the roster till the Wii U version comes out, then both rosters get completed. Its what I think Sakurai may eventually do with Ridley, to keep the suffering and hype for the tease xDDD then in Wii U he is playable

So even if Ridley inst playable in the 3DS version DONT LOSE HOPE, until he is either diconfirmed with pics of the day/official, we have to wait until the Pyrosphere which is Wii U version ONLY, so in worst of cases, we will have to wait 4 months more

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

That's something we've talked about in other threads. I think it'd be a great idea.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

We need more Ridley puns, PAX is gonna be huge.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

their schedule is right here...

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule

...the only smash bros. related events i see are some brawl tournament things, or whatever... and a "past, present, future" discussion thing on the series as a whole.

but those are all public events, arent they?

i doubt they'd show media/press-only conferences on that schedule... i assume, anyway.

wadsm

Smash Rookie
NNID
wadsm.u

40を超えるファイター
It says over 40 characters.

We've already seen 48 fighters due to the leak even without the Miis. I guess it's unlikely that there're still not shown characters except for DHD, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

40を超えるファイター

We've already seen 48 fighters due to the leak even without the Miis. I guess it's unlikely that there're still not shown characters except for DHD, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr.
All Star Mode was locked in the ESBR footage/pictures. It's not the final roster.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think the fact that nobody can pinpoint exactly when the closed conference will happen is a major indicator that a bombshell will be dropped and Nintendo wants to keep it secret so the shock catches everyone off guard.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Remember, that trailer was in CG. Ridley's shadow was shown off in-game, where a fully functioning model of him actually appeared. Metal Face's shadow could've just been because Sakurai's team was being lazy.

At this point, though, I'm going to have to throw in the towel. Who knows, maybe Sakurai will make a statement or something acting surprised about the massive backlash Ridley's resulted in.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think I am giving up. We are at the end of reveals and neither Ridley and Mewtwo are shown. I guess this is it. I can't be delusional about it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think the difference between Ridley's shadow and metal face's shadow, is that metal face was shown in a cinematic cutscene. It would have taken a lot more to create a full model for the character than Ridley because it would be special for the trailer, while Ridley's model was already made because it was the shadow of an in game model. It would have been a waste of time to make such a complicated model just for two seconds of a trailer for a different character. I think that's why they only showed metal face's shadow. Ridley's model was already made, however, so that seems more like they're just hiding something.

edit: greninja'd

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

40を超えるファイター

You should know we have exactly 40 characters officially revealed as of now (considering each Mii a different character). Thus, considering there is no sign of any other character in those commercials, the reason they wrote 40 instead of 50 is most likely because they don't want to spoil how many secret characters there are.

I think the fact that nobody can pinpoint exactly when the closed conference will happen is a major indicator that a bombshell will be dropped and Nintendo wants to keep it secret so the shock catches everyone off guard.
This is exactly how I feel about this.

RIDLEY IS STILL POSSIBLE.

Top Bottom