• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If character reveals are indeed each months,we shall soon know if it's a Pokemon character,if not each months,we'll wait longer.
But the point is really to tell if he's right or not.
And I hope as hell that the next character isn't a Pokemon by a coincidence,because the guy would gain credibility with a lucky guess.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If character reveals are indeed each months,we shall soon know if it's a Pokemon character,if not each months,we'll wait longer.
But the point is really to tell if he's right or not.
And I hope as hell that the next character isn't a Pokemon by a coincidence,because the guy would gain credibility with a lucky guess.
To be honest, if the next character reveal is on the 12th like WFT and Olimar was, then it falls right on the date that Coro Coro has promised to reveal "the biggest Pokémon scoop of the century," plus there's some kind of Pokémon event on the 17th so it would be good promotion to reveal Pokémon Trainer. It's not unlikely that a Pokémon character is the next, and get ready for a ****storm then.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm hoping we get a newcomer this month. If not a newcomer, then I think we might get Peach, Zelda, Dedede, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Yoshi, or Marth/Ike. Other than that, I don't think we'll see anything else.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not a believer of that guy yet, but it's interesting still since he puts his validity so much at risk by claiming the next reveal will be a Pokémon character. The end there kind of pissed me off honestly, and it kind of makes me doubt whether he speaks the truth or not, because if he did speak the truth I'd guess he'd most likely just blow everything at once instead of playing around with us. It's pretty common for people that want to cause a lot of commotion out of rumors to simply just play around with people, I'm kind of getting that feeling from that last line. Either way, as I said, it's an interesting thing to follow, but as of right now it isn't much more than that, and I'm not really sure what he'd mean with that Ridley thing either way.
Wait a min is this the same pacmacmii guy,? Is it the same guy ?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I have a hunch that Marth will be revealed next.
him, yoshi, or a brawl vet, like wario. definitely not a newcomer though. 100% not.

So Space France is no longer a part of Space Europe=???

I wonder if Space France will defect to Space Super America like Space Quebec, Space British Columbia, Space Cuba, and Space Spain did! :awesome:
I think they're trying but you know how long the application process it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know how anyone could assume one character or another at this point considering with as few that have been revealed doesn't really even lend itself to reasonable guessing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I went back to play Super Metroid today after a few years of not playing anything awesome.

I just want Ridley to grab with his feet now. And have a throw like R.O.B.'s U-throw, but with tail smackin' the person down.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think they're trying but you know how long the application process it.
Makes sense. Every Space Country, Space County, and Space City these days is trying to join Space America.
I don't know how anyone could assume one character or another at this point considering with as few that have been revealed doesn't really even lend itself to reasonable guessing.
Eh you gotta figure half the people are being stupid, while half the people are guessing for the fun of it.

I think we shouldn't even remotely expect a veteran until November personally.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Makes sense. Every Space Country, Space County, and Space City these days is trying to join Space America.

Eh you gotta figure half the people are being stupid, while half the people are guessing for the fun of it.

I think we shouldn't even remotely expect a veteran until November personally.
So what exzactly are you tryna say?

You think we wont get nothing till November? Or next will be a Newcomer?
.......ugh....i just dunno....dunno...whats gonna happen...RealTalk....i thinl Sakurai doesnt like routines/being predictable...he was damn sure happy about revealing WFT...with a snare comment.

''I bet you wasent expecting that...''

Damn sure we wasent.....

Not giving a credibility to the recent rumors butttt......one of em said that Sakurai aint going for popularity at all this time....what do you lot think about this....

I mean

DDD
Diddy
Wario
Olimar
Metaknight
(not counting Sonic because hes 3rd party)

Were the most requested chars pre brawl right?

And they all got in...i dunno who else...but ofc..i bet they were a few more chars with that list but i wasent exzactly there but would you say the majority of the most requestes chars pre brawl got into brawl?

Ugh.....Bottom line...

Give us Mewtwo/K.Rool/RIDLEY GOD DAMN IT!

Atleast 2....please....

*atleast 1.........*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So far they've revealed characters on the 12/13 of each month. Admittedly, twice isn't a pattern, but that's why I'm waiting for the 12/13 of this month to be sure.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not giving a credibility to the recent rumors butttt......one of em said that Sakurai aint going for popularity at all this time....what do you lot think about this....
Megaman deconfirmed!

Oh wait.

Groose

Smash Champion
While you're on the topic of leaks... this should help get you guys up to date.

1) Neogaf E3 Leaker
Claims: Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Animal Crossing Guy, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
Credibility: Obviously, this takes a hit in that we only saw three E3 characters. He also didn't refer to Villager by his canon name. Still... he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.
Other: Interestingly enough, he's only made that one leak. He isn't like the others in that he hasn't made any other claims.

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.
2) Series themed Break the Targets.
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.
6) Dixie Kong is playable.
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.

Credibilty: Pre-Brawl, the same fellow leaked playable Krystal, decloned Ganondorf, and Poltergust Luigi.
Other: He deleted all of his pre-Brawl "leaks" as soon as they were discovered and claims that he has a new source now.

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
1. Dixie is the only forbiddenseven character planned.
2. Yellow Devil is a stage hazard only.
3. Mac is in and was nearly an E3 reveal. King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
4. Slight character customization is available. For example, Fox's blaster may change speeds and power.
5. Adventure Mode between Melee and Brawl.
6. Bosses are chosen with respect to playable characters---no Jr. because Bowser wouldn't fight him.
7. Mewtwo on the shortlist---near definite return.
8. No DLC of any sort.
9. King K. Rool is low-priority. He doesn't add much uniqueness is the reason.
10. Duck Hunt Dog is a playable character
11. No Ridley. No Jigglypuff. No Snake.
12. Paper Mario is in.

Credibility: He had previously revealed that Wii Sports U was a pack-in title for the Wii U and that Pikmin 3 would be called Pikmin Universe.
Other: His threads have since been deleted. Whether or not he has admitted that it was false is currently unknown to me.

InfiniteGTX is the guy who ended his last leak with the "And about Rid---" bit. Thankfully, he is now under question, as is WiiLuvU, who blatantly said no Ridley.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't say I believe any of the last two rumors, at the very least the first one got Villager, WFT and Megaman right so he has some credibility to work with, the other two have already spread false information before and considering that they've deleted previous threads about that there's a good chance they're pulling it again.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, not to mention the WiiLuvU guy claimed that Olimar would be the main character of "Pikmin Universe" a few mere days before E3 2012. That guy is totally out of question, and InfiniteGTX is really on the edge on being labeled as a sure fake too.

Groose

Smash Champion
I can't say I believe any of the last two rumors, at the very least the first one got Villager, WFT and Megaman right so he has some credibility to work with, the other two have already spread false information before and considering that they've deleted previous threads about that there's a good chance they're pulling it again.
Yeah, not to mention the WiiLuvU guy claimed that Olimar would be the main character of "Pikmin Universe" a few mere days before E3 2012. That guy is totally out of question, and InfiniteGTX is really on the edge on being labeled as a sure fake too.

I agree. The main reason I made that list is for the credibility section.

Actually, I don't even believe the third leak. I think it was just someone's prediction gone right. Villager wasn't a stretch prediction in the slightest; I also predicted either he or Tom Nook would be revealed at E3. Wii Fit Trainer was a curveball... but he may have just made a lucky guess.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I agree. The main reason I made that list is for the credibility section.

Actually, I don't even believe the third leak. I think it was just someone's prediction gone right. Villager wasn't a stretch prediction in the slightest; I also predicted either he or Tom Nook would be revealed at E3. Wii Fit Trainer was a curveball... but he may have just made a lucky guess.
Yeah, I'm taking all rumors with a grain of salt. If all of the Brawl "leaks" taught me anything, it's that nobody knows anything until close to the release date.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Gotta say, the first one feels like a lucky guess, and the other two feel like blatant BS. No jigglypuff? one of the 64 champs not returning? i don't believe that for a second.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hes 3rd party.....come on....
3rd party characters have to rely on popularity a lot more to get in Smash than 1st party Nintendo characters though. That's the point, which disproves the rumor you mentioned about Sakurai not going for popularity at all this time around.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Here's a brief moveset for Ridley, I haven't read every single moveset in this thread aside from the OP so I hope I'm not plagiarizing.

Special Attribute: Ridley can use Specials while grabbing an opponent.

B: Fireball{s). This is a chargeable attack that attacks differently depending on the duration charged, Ridley will begin to flash when the attack has reached stage 2 and will start breathing fumes and stop charging at stage 3.

Stage 1: Ridley shoots out a fireball that travels a short distance in a line. This is a spammable attack.
Stage 2: Ridley fires off a series of fireballs that fan off and spread in a conical fashion.
Stage 3: Ridley launches a large fireball that travels a long distance and deals significant damage.

If Ridley is grabbing an opponent while using this attack then all fireballs launched will have a 100% hit rate.

B>: Dash. Ridley rams/dashes into an opponent, if the last attack connects Ridley will grab the opponent and throw them upwards in the air. If Ridley has already grabbed an opponent and performs this attack he will dash a given direction while grounding/dragging the grabbed foe against the ground beneath him.

B^: Dive. Ridley propels himself in the air and dives straight down dealing AOE damage. He will land on all fours in a feral-like crawl stance. If Ridley has an opponent grabbed while performing this attack he will essentially carry the opponent with him upwards in the air and crash downwards crushing his opponent beneath his talons.

Bv: Screech. Ridley screeches a blood-curdling cry and disrupts the space in a bubble around him. This attack deals damage in an area around him, clears off all status effects such as poison, burn, debuffs, and briefly puts the target enemy in a state of fear/awe. If Ridley screeches at an enemy while they are grabbed, then the target foe will be unable to control his or her character briefly after being thrown in a given direction.

Final Smash: Meta Ridley. Ridley transforms into the mechanized menace known as Meta Ridley, all his attributes and specials have been upgraded for this duration.

B: Homing Missile(s). The fireballs are replaced with homing missiles which travel and charge faster while dealing more damage than the fireballs.

Stage 1: Ridley fires one homing missile.
Stage 2: Ridley fires out a series of homing missiles that initially fan out in a conical direction.
Stage 3: Ridley fires a giant homing missile that deals significant damage.

B: Meta-Dash. The dash functions similarly when in his regular form but is faster and deals more damage, Ridley can use this attack two times in succession if the opponent is grabbed. He does not throw his grabbed opponent after the first dash if he intends to immediately use it again.

B^: Meta-Dive. Ridley can ascend higher into the air and is given more directional control for recovery purposes. Damage dealt to grabbed opponents is increased.

Bv: Meta-Screech. Increased screech radius, opponents are completely stunned as if their shield has been broken. Deals significant shield damage. Opponents thrown after being hit with this attack will experience loss of control of their character for a slightly longer duration.

I haven't beaten the Prime games yet except for Hunters (Though I have gotten quite far in the first one) so I'm not 100% familiar with his attacks, constructive criticisms are appreciated. :)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
There's a guy in the comments for that videos who's saying Ridley wouldn't work as a fighter because it wouldn't be right to have Ridley but not have him capable of infinite flight. It really is amazing how persnickety some people are about Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Really hard to believe that the first leak was a lucky guess. It's too coincidental to be as such.
So it really boils down to whether the source that gave the leaker information gave dated information about the plan for E3, or gave fake information on top of real information.

But yeah, the other two are just fake in general. No question about it.
Rest assured, Ridley is not disconfirmed by either of their leaks.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The first one was very unlikely to be a lucky guess, as I don't think anyone could have possibly predicted Miss Fit, we've been over that before.

The other two leaks are certainly fakes, Infinite can't prove Ridley is in or not, and WiiLuvU can't prove anything about Ridley either.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Now, I'm saying this in the context of Ridley

you guys think it's impossible, of the thousands and thousands of smash fans, not one of them, not one, even those who know sakurai puts crazy characters in, would guess the wii fit trainer? Hell, even my roomate mentioned as a joke at one point (not prediction)

I don't think any of these leaks effect Ridley's chances of all. So much so that they probably shouldn't even be discussed in this thread whoops

Besides, we'll know the real leak when it comes because it'll confirm ridley first : P

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Groose
That first rumor could still be true (sans the 3 newcomers not at E3), especially since Little Mac and Miis have been hinted at via stages, and Pac-Man was always a top candidate. The other rumors come from stupid people, including InfiniteGTX, who thinks he has all the "say" on the matter or Ridley being playable.
So what exzactly are you tryna say?

You think we wont get nothing till November? Or next will be a Newcomer?
.......ugh....i just dunno....dunno...whats gonna happen...RealTalk....i thinl Sakurai doesnt like routines/being predictable...he was damn sure happy about revealing WFT...with a snare comment.
It is pretty clear a newcomer reveal is fairly unlikely until November.

Still, I think Ridley is arguably the best "contrast" character to choose for that. I mean, he would "stick out" more (in comparison to the confirmed 3 newcomers) than the other somewhat likely newcomers like Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Chrom, Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man. Heck, the only character I can think of who would "contrast" more that is somewhat likely is Shulk.

D

Deleted member

The fact that he tries to kill her moments later kind of ruins any cuteness.
I seriously think there should be an alternate universe where instead of trying to kill her, he uses her trusting nature to kidnap her, take her under his wing, and raise her to be a ruthless Space Pirate.

....only for her to eventually find out that he was behind the attack that resulted in her parent's deaths and she turns on him in a gruesome battle to the finish.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The fact that he tries to kill her moments later kind of ruins any cuteness.
It doesn't if your relationship is based on that kinda thing. Like SlapSlapKiss, but to the logical extreme.

Anyway if memory serves correctly, Reyairia used that sad Ridley face as an avatar. I miss her. And kinda Stryks.

Top Bottom