• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
We're nearing the end of august no news of a direct or Robin/Lucina trailer. Nintendo pls. Look it doesn't even have to be Ridley just give me anyone. I'LL TAKE DUCK HUNT DOG OR EVEN DR. MARIO JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING
Calling it right now, a Nintendo Direct will come either Thursday or Friday.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Hey, hey, HEY! No need to get that desperate, now they'll never show anything!
:( I'm so sorry. I have forsaken you.

Anyways the sudden realization that we only have 15 more PotD's left until the Japanese release just hit me like a watermelon filled with cinder blocks

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Been lurking for awhile and there's some thoughts I need to get off my chest. Please feel free to discuss and breathe some life into this thread. :happysheep:

At this point, if Ridley is not a playable character, it would not be a good business decision on Nintendo's part. Right now, Nintendo desperately needs to move Wii U units and it is very clear that Nintendo is doing its best to cater to Super Smash Bros. fans to sell more consoles. This is obvious by putting in fan character requests, hosting that E3 tournament, etc...

That being said, Ridley has been one of the most highly requested characters since way back from the Melee days and even mentioned directly to Sakurai from Nintendo Power. Not to mention, he has been in EVERY Smash Bros. game in one form or another. Furthermore, Nintendo seems to be keeping an eye on what's going on on the Internet. After all, they were quick to clarify Chrom's role in Robin's Final Smash just one day after Lucina and Robin's reveal trailer when some people were confused. Or even with Sakurai mentioning Samus's recently revealed alternative costumes were designed by a female with the controversy surrounding the "oversexualization" of Samus. But with Ridley, with all of the debate, trolling, flaming, etc. on multiple message boards, neither Sakurai nor Nintendo has said a damn thing.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if Nintendo is serious about catering to Super Smash Bros. fans to sell more Wii U units, it would be unwise to not have Ridley as a playable character. This is ESPECIALLY considering all of the festering Ridley debates, trolling, etc. that have been occuring for YEARS. Meanwhile, the only information we have on Ridley is that he was vaguely implied to show up in Pyrosphere in some fashion more than a year ago and then unclearly teased as a stage hazard four months ago without ever actually mentioning his name. After all of this, I would be astonished if Nintendo actually had the lack of common sense to make him a stage hazard.**

Don't get me wrong here. It's not like I'm saying that Ridley's (or any other character for that matter) inclusion or exclusion will have a huge impact on Smash Bros. Wii U and Wii U console sales. What I am saying is that if Nintendo is serious about trying to cater to the Smash Bros. fans (and not just some of them) to drive sales, it would follow that Ridley would be a playable character. It's not any different than characters like :4megaman:, :4littlemac:, etc.

**Note that I am talking about Nintendo here, not Sakurai. Don't misunderstand me. There's no doubt that Sakurai is a genius and has created this wonderful game series we call Smash Bros. However, I could easily see Sakurai making Ridley a stage hazard, mainly because Sakuari seems to have demonstrated a lack of experience with the Metroid series in the last few iterations of Smash Bros.*** He has also demonstrated a disconnection with what most people enjoy about Smash Bros.**** Even though Sakurai doesn't directly work for Nintendo anymore, he still needs to listen to what Nintendo has to say about fan requests. It's difficult for me to imagine Nintendo saying "Ridley's a stage hazard, huh? Oh, that highly-requested character that has been the subject of much Internet debate over the last several years. Yeah, that's cool." It just doesn't make sense.

****What I am talking about specifically in this case are things like having spent 60% of Brawl's production time on the Subspace Emissary instead of focusing on the multi-player modes and balancing the characters... Adding tripping, etc. All of that is just unnecessarily annoying, whether you are a casual player or a hardcore "tournament" style player. I'm glad to see that Sakurai seems to be taking the multi-player modes more seriously this time.

***One of the indicators of Sakurai's unfamiliarity with the Metroid series is having rising lava/acid or rotation on EVERY Metroid stage in the series. But in the Metroid games, Samus has to traverse many different environments. Frozen areas, swamps, underwater areas, abandoned spaceships, the "dark half" of a planet, mines filled with radioactive material, many different kinds of alien environments, etc. But yet it's always lava/acid or part of a spaceship that keeps flipping around. And as far as the rotation, as one that has played every Metroid game, I don't recall ANY sort of rotation anywhere in any Metroid game... (except for those Spinner devices in the Prime games...) However, with the recent addition of the Mother Brain and Dark Samus assist trophies, as well as the Fusion and Zero Mission ending alternative costumes for Zero Suit Samus, I'm just going to optimistically think that Sakurai has educated himself on (or played all or most of) the Metroid series between Brawl and now. If he has, maybe he'll finally understand Ridley as a frequently reoccuring villian as well has his deep connection with Samus in the Metroid storyline. Then hopefully he'll better understand the reasoning behind Ridley's fans' desire to see him in Smash as a playable character. If not, and he tried to make Ridley a stage hazard, perhaps Nintendo might have set him straight.

Only time will tell if Ridley will be in the playable roster, and luckily we're down to only less than a month at this point.
Beautiful:disco:

The only thing this theory rest on is that Sakurai and Nintendo have this conversation. How much are Nintendo's higher-ups involved in the minutiae of a specific game design? But if they do have pull, that definitely looks good for us. Nintendo has been hit hard with WiiU sales figures for a while, and I'v heard that some developers are holding off on making WiiU games until there are more sales - even basing their waits on Sm4sh being the WiiU sales pitch.

We can't get every Nintendo character in smash, but we should be able to get at least some of the most highly requested representatives worldwide, not just Sakurai's babies and Japan-centric favorites.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

Anyways the sudden realization that we only have 15 more PotD's left until the Japanese release just hit me like a watermelon filled with cinder blocks
it rains hail the size of ridley once his confirmation arrives

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
By the way, I thought I saw somewhere on this thread that Dark Pit had been confirmed as a Stage Boss on Palutena's Temple. Is that true?
I hope not. I've said this alot, and I'm gonna say it again; I'm a Dark Pit supporter. If a skin, he needs different voice clips and different weapon designs.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I hope not. I've said this alot, and I'm gonna say it again; I'm a Dark Pit supporter. If a skin, he needs different voice clips and different weapon designs.
I'm of the opinion that Pittoo will be an alt if he's in at all, so I can agree with this. But Ridley's getting his own spot. :p

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
With you there. That, or he needs to be his own character with new weapons.
I'm of the opinion that Pittoo will be an alt if he's in at all, so I can agree with this. But Ridley's getting his own spot. :p
Yeah, and I'm of the opinion that Pittoo has nothing to do with Ridley so I'd recommend going onto a different topic before Ismar eats you alive

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Okay, I'm going to attempt to be civil with this uncontrollable mob that is the Ridley thread. Remember, most of this can be simply accounted as my opinion, but I believe they are rooted firmly in reality.
Stereotyping, check.

Given, I'd understand why you'd say that, but just feel assured not everyone here is bonkers.

That quote is a tease for Ridley's presence only on Pyrosphere, which would allude to him being a boss specifically. It wouldn't be a tease for his playability, hence, it doesn't really count as a "tease" in the realm of this discussion...over his playability.

The direct clip half-assedly counts as a tease simply because of all of the things people have determined from it by themselves, like his size being a "playable" size, or his movements being weird.
So, alright, I get that there is logic behind that statement.

Ridley is shown during the Boss section, thus he's a boss.

Here's the key problem, though: if Ridley wasn't playable in the game, he would've been given the same treatment every other NPC in the game did; Assist Trophies, Stage Hazards, Trophies, etc. They were all shown straight away, no hints beforehand, and were very clear about it.

But Ridley didn't get this treatment. Before the Direct, Sakurai already alluded to him back in August 20th last year, albeit in a rather vague way. At the Direct, he has been confirmed to make an appearance in the game, but his role hasn't been explicitly stated. We didn't get to see what he does aside from flying around like a dunce. We didn't even see him, only his shadow. For Christ's sake, he wasn't even mentioned by name!

If he's just a boss, which isn't exactly anything to get hyped over in a game whose main focus are the
playable characters, then Sakurai would've just revealed him right there or shortly after. Not, oh, I don't know, 4 months later!? I'd like to remind that Ridley is one of the most popular character request for Smash out there. Nintendo most likely know about this, so they should've disconfirmed him right away, instead of leaving everything so unclear that needless speculation arises. And Sakurai has specifically said he dislikes creating false hype.

The rest is the community hyping themselves up. I've been a part of the MMORPG community for a very long time, and I've seen tens of high-profile MMORPG's come out with the expectation through the roof in every which way, only to watch the implosion post-release. It is literally dangerous to hype yourself up about something as much as people have about something you have very little way to prove except by waiting. It can certainly have severe affects on your psyche at worst, and at its most minimal will leave you feeling crappy for a little while, which is already too much when we're talking about a video game.
Maybe so, but unlike those companies, Nintendo seemed to be very careful about not letting speculation that leads to dissapointment occur this time around.

Like how everyone thought the person in the Zelda Wii U trailer was female, only to have the game's director explain that that's actually Link, and that he wanted to clear that out to avoid dissapointment.

So, again, why let all of this speculation over one of the most requested characters ever occur if it all is going to lead to dissapointment? I mean, Nintendo itself has averted a similar situation with Chrom, contacting IGN to clarify them that he's not actually playable, even thought it was blatantly obvious he wasn't.

So, just to reiterate, why is Ridley the exception?

Nobody wants to be civil about presenting arguments as to why the evidence does not stack up, because the Ridley community cannot be civil with detractors in the first place, thus it is deemed a waste of time, and the best option for making a point is then seen as being brash and aggressive, because otherwise you get steamrolled. It's an active topic and trying to present an argument against his inclusion should honestly be seen as courageous, as it's most likely they are going to wind up arguing their side by themselves versus the massive Ridley crowd.
Again, stereotyping.

Just to clarify, this particular community had to deal with countless amounts of mockery, harsh comments, trolling and the likes after Brawl was released. So it's understandable as to why some of us are particularly uneasy when dealing with a detractor.

But yeah, that still doesn't justify us the need to be rude.

Here's the skinny. I'm totally fine with people supporting his inclusion. That's completely fine! People like a character, so they want him in. That's perfectly fine. It's when the community turns the finger on to Sakurai that I feel objection is necessary. When they blame him or put the obligation on him to provide something. They say that it's bad marketing for the game, or that Sakurai would have to be a dingbat to do what he's done with Ridley and not include him. That is not fine because you are forming baseless insults completely intertwined with your emotional vying for the Ridley. That is where I will come in and make it clear, that a lot of this thread is a fairy tale, in my opinion. It's fine to have fun, but when you start to insult the integrity of Sakurai and the games marketability because a character you want isn't getting the treatment you think it deserves, it passes over the "fun" borderline in to bitterness. A bitterness that affects everyone, even people who don't care about Ridley at all.
It's not bad marketing to not include a major fan request. That's perfectly understandable. Dissapointing at first, but understandable.

It's bad marketing to not include a major fan request, but don't outright state it, leading up to needless speculation to happen and still leave it expand even to this day, only to have the actual answer revealed at release date, spreading dissapointment all around. That's careless, irresponsible, unprofessional, and, under the fact that they are aware of what's going on in the community, downright cruel.

All of those being qualities that, essentially, the opposite of who Sakurai really is. Not only does he put a lot of effort into making his games as great as possible, but he's also got a very light hearted demeanor. So I wouldn't see him pull a nasty feat like that. Otherwise, either he's unaware about the Ridley uproar (which is unlikely) or he just hate Ridley and/or his fanbase (which is very unlikely).

I don't know the specifics on development progress, obviously, so that clearly wasn't the main thing I wanted to point out. The point was to clarify that the direct clip was obviously choreographed and should not be held as a demonstration as to how he could be playable due to the nature of how he moved.

You see, people are using his lack of presence during the pre-release phase as evidence of his play-ability. They think that because he is not being shown, that means there's more to him. That is not sufficient evidence for anything, it's the opposite of evidence. It is a lack of evidence. The evidence for his inclusion on the roster is exactly as it is...bare and nearly non-existent. That's the reality.
Like I said before, it's actually this lack of evidence that both supports his playability and detracts his... uh, bossability, or something. Ridley is being treated in a way unlike that of any other NPC.

In fact, the way he's been treated is more akin to that of playable characters. Some characters were heavily hinted at, like Little Mac with the Boxing stage, Pac Man with the fact that Namco is working for the game, and Palutena with the, well, everything that hinted towards her inclusion. Heck, you could argue all other characters were at least slightly hinted at, like Rosalina with the Mario Galaxy stage, or Greninja with Lumiouse City, or Robin and Lucina with both FE stages, but that's not the point.

I mean, given, not all playable characters are hinted at, but those who were, turned out to be so.

However, it's likely that when I say "I told you so" it will be in the form of elegantly worded posts using logic and facts that are on the table, so it won't really be trolling.
It's still frowned upon, regardless of how polite you're about it.

Have we ever seen a Ridley boss in full 1080p HD glorious-ness?

I don't think we have. Seems like something worth being excited about. Something you could hype and tease. The major questions are, what have they done with the model? How does it look?
Like everyone else said, Ridley in Nintendo Land.

Either way, that's a pretty weak argument. Anything can be turned into 1080p HD gloriousness, so that isn't exactly a thing to get hyped over.

I mean, yeah, that'd be really cool, but our priority is seeing Ridley taking a playable role, which would be a major upgrade from his previous role in the last game. Instead, we'd be getting what's basically a downgrade of which, as he's essentially just a stage hazard that flies around every now and then you have to stop the fight to shoo it off and have that get annoying. I mean, just compare that to an actual boss, where all the focus is set on defeating him, which can be really fun, and multiply that by two. Just saying.

Either way, I'll be waiting for a response. Glad I had to point out everything I wanted to point out!

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Stereotyping, check.

Given, I'd understand why you'd say that, but just feel assured not everyone here is bonkers.

Here's the key problem, though: if Ridley wasn't playable in the game, he would've been given the same treatment every other NPC in the game did; Assist Trophies, Stage Hazards, Trophies, etc. They were all shown straight away, no hints beforehand, and were very clear about it.

But Ridley didn't get this treatment. Before the Direct, Sakurai already alluded to him back in August 20th last year, albeit in a rather vague way. At the Direct, he has been confirmed to make an appearance in the game, but his role hasn't been explicitly stated. We didn't get to see what he does aside from flying around like a dunce. We didn't even see him, only his shadow. For Christ's sake, he wasn't even mentioned by name!

If he's just a boss, which isn't exactly anything to get hyped over in a game whose main focus are the
playable characters, then Sakurai would've just revealed him right there or shortly after. Not, oh, I don't know, 4 months later!? I'd like to remind that Ridley is one of the most popular character request for Smash out there. Nintendo most likely know about this, so they should've disconfirmed him right away, instead of leaving everything so unclear that needless speculation arises. And Sakurai has specifically said he dislikes creating false hype.

Maybe so, but unlike those companies, Nintendo seemed to be very careful about not letting speculation that leads to dissapointment occur this time around.

Like how everyone thought the person in the Zelda Wii U trailer was female, only to have the game's director explain that that's actually Link, and that he wanted to clear that out to avoid dissapointment.

So, again, why let all of this speculation over one of the most requested characters ever occur if it all is going to lead to dissapointment? I mean, Nintendo itself has averted a similar situation with Chrom, contacting IGN to clarify them that he's not actually playable, even thought it was blatantly obvious he wasn't.

Again, stereotyping.

Just to clarify, this particular community had to deal with countless amounts of mockery, harsh comments, trolling and the likes after Brawl was released. So it's understandable as to why some of us are particularly uneasy when dealing with a detractor.

It's not bad marketing to not include a major fan request. That's perfectly understandable. Dissapointing at first, but understandable.

It's bad marketing to not include a major fan request, but don't outright state it, leading up to needless speculation to happen and still leave it expand even to this day, only to have the actual answer revealed at release date, spreading dissapointment all around. That's careless, irresponsible, unprofessional, and, under the fact that they are aware of what's going on in the community, downright cruel.

All of those being qualities that, essentially, the opposite of who Sakurai really is. Not only does he put a lot of effort into making his games as great as possible, but he's also got a very light hearted demeanor. So I wouldn't see him pull a nasty feat like that. Otherwise, either he's unaware about the Ridley uproar (which is unlikely) or he just hate Ridley and/or his fanbase (which is very unlikely).

Like I said before, it's actually this lack of evidence that both supports his playability and detracts his... uh, bossability, or something. Ridley is being treated in a way unlike that of any other NPC.

In fact, the way he's been treated is more akin to that of playable characters. Some characters were heavily hinted at, like Little Mac with the Boxing stage, Pac Man with the fact that Namco is working for the game, and Palutena with the, well, everything that hinted towards her inclusion. Heck, you could argue all other characters were at least slightly hinted at, like Rosalina with the Mario Galaxy stage, or Greninja with Lumiouse City, or Robin and Lucina with both FE stages, but that's not the point.

I mean, given, not all playable characters are hinted at, but those who were, turned out to be so.

Either way, that's a pretty weak argument. Anything can be turned into 1080p HD gloriousness, so that isn't exactly a thing to get hyped over.

I mean, yeah, that'd be really cool, but our priority is seeing Ridley taking a playable role, which would be a major upgrade from his previous role in the last game. Instead, we'd be getting what's basically a downgrade of which, as he's essentially just a stage hazard that flies around every now and then you have to stop the fight to shoo it off and have that get annoying. I mean, just compare that to an actual boss, where all the focus is set on defeating him, which can be really fun, and multiply that by two. Just saying.

Either way, I'll be waiting for a response. Glad I had to point out everything I wanted to point out!
its been 3000 years

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

WHAT

(Serious case of Deja Vu over here)

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Stereotyping, check.

Again, stereotyping.

... @Con0rrrr, where are you when we need you?!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
despite some people inexplicably feeling offended by pony emotes, i like them... so i have to ask, where are people getting these?

is there some secret stash of emotes on here? cause im not seeing anything all that good from the emote selection...

anyway... regarding that shadow shown in that one screenshot that had people worried, apparently... that didnt even look like ridley, from what i saw... it looked like some... long... wingless... thing... i didnt see anything ridley-like on that shadow.

so if pyrosphere does have a boss, i highly doubt its ridley.
c11.png
Oh, I downloaded a bunch of emotes off Reddit. I then upload em based on my current mood.

Here's a link for those interested.

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet
I just want to declare my utmost hopes of a playable Ridley, now that I realize that we only have about three more weeks till the Japanese release date. Soon all of the characters will be revealed!

(Unless they implement a Pokemon-esque cross platform exclusive/unlock system. For example, "Ridley can only be unlocked on your 3ds after you unlock him on your WiiU and connect your systems")

D

Deleted member 245254

Why do people even post in threads about characters they don't support? You will never see me posting in say, Bandana Dee's thread because it is a character I don't support and think it is unlikely to be in the game (I am pretending the leak is fake). Though I did post once there, but it wasn't to detract the character and the supporters, but to apologize for being too snarky over them.

I appreciate who tries to have a civil discussion about Ridley (or any other characters), but really, you're best discussing this in the Official Character Thread.
Ridley is by far the most prolific (on this forum) character to be considered by the community for inclusion on the roster, it's only natural that's where discussion would be placed if there was any place for a debate on the likelihood of a characters inclusion.

"uncontrollable mob that is the Ridley thread" we just reply to you, its not like we're trying to hack into your personal data and throw ridley shaped bombs at your house.
I didn't mention anything of the sort, although I find your imagination humorous, no less.

It's the content of the replies that mark the qualities of Ridley population. They are generally un-accepting of any argument that would move against the flow of anything other than "He is playable". I think a lot of the rational arguments are flawed and that Ridley's inclusion has very little (if none) evidence to back up the idea that he is playable. People fire back by saying that the evidence is totally there. That's where the inherent disagreement is, and the debate is on whether those things are valid pieces of evidence.

Cant quote that load of text on my phone, will have to do it this way:

Part of your argument was that the character was not finished and that's why it was not fully shown. If you dont know how game development works, then maybe its not worth bringing that up.
No, that wasn't "part of my argument". It was just a hypothetical. A theory. The point was that the scene was choreographed. You can't just dictate what my argument was. I made it.

Im not in disagreement about the tease being staged, I am though about the idea that a boss hazard integral to the stage was given the lighting effects before actually functioning. Not only this is something Nintendo does not do, characters in this game were already unveiled without the finishing touches. There are a few things you said here and there that I agree with, but that one is just a poor excuse. Sakurai teased Ridley because he wanted to.
Of course he did. I wasn't arguing that he did it on accident. He teased Ridley, purposefully, as a stage boss. Similar to the Yellow Devil, whom his scene followed while being simultaneously narrated by Sakurai in saying that there were other stage bosses than the Yellow Devil.

The actual, physical, evidence in existence points to him being a stage boss more than it does him being a playable character...and yet that is somehow evidence of him being on the roster...because Sakurai? Because mind games?

He lost that privilege when he resorted to ad hominem against someone who didn't deserve it.
Well, if it wasn't the fact he insulted and harassed a fellow supporter here of being mentally challenged earlier, he wouldn't be getting the cold shoulder treatment.
Listen, I admitted that what I said was over the top and can be considered offensive, and I got warned for it, but it is absolutely false to say they weren't inviting the possibility of getting raged.

They were continuously attacking the content of one of my posts with a baseless, and downright false accusation, saying that I did not clarify that I was talking about his play-ability as opposed to his inclusion in the game at all. I specifically made the differentiation. I specifically used the word "playability" multiple times in the post. There was either a severe reading comprehension issue, or they chose not to read it at all, because their observation of my post was a falsehood. Contradictory to what was actually written.

Then add on to that multiple response from that person chastising me for looking stupid for not clarifying something that I did clarify? I'm sorry, but people that do that make me mad. If you aren't even going to read something, don't respond to it like you know what was said. Much more, if you can't be assed to comprehend a post properly, don't criticize its meaning. The fact of the matter here was he blatantly accused me of demonstrating my idea improperly (even though he himself said he knew what I was talking about anyway), when I demonstrated it exactly as he asserted should be the case.

It was an absurd objection, that had absolutely no point to it. I fired back, and I got warned for my words. Let's back track a little bit here, because I'm quite resolved to displaying the reason he got the reaction he did. Here is the original post...

You see this is the problem I have with Ridley obsessives.

He didn't tiptoe the Ridley as a playable character. He didn't tease you or hype him to be playable. That's purely on you and the community. You did it to yourself and everyone else.

You made a single showing at the direct to be more than what it actually was. You did that. Not Sakurai.

It seriously makes me confused as hell when people who want Ridley to be in say things like "Why would Sakurai tease him like this, then not put him in?" or "Sakurai would have to be stupid to do the teasing he did then not put him in".

HE DIDN'T TEASE RIDLEY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER NOR DID HE FREQUENTLY TEASE HIM. HE SHOWED HIM ONCE, JUST HIS SHADOW, AT THE APRIL DIRECT WHILE TALKING ABOUT OTHER STAGE HAZARDS ASIDE FROM THE YELLOW DEVIL.

Seriously, once the entire roster is finally out and Ridley is rightly no where to be found on it, I will be in here saying "I told you so". They will be the most glorious and gratifying "I told you so"s that I've ever given in the history of "I told you so"s.
Now here was this persons response...

Please, calm down... There is no reason to say something like that. Also, Ridley is in this game...

Please make what you're trying to say more clear. At least say he won't be playable if that's what you mean.
Is this post not completely a falsehood? Is it not 100% contradictory to what I actually posted? It's like he didn't even read what I said, is it not? I then responded by saying he couldn't properly read. To which he then responded...

If I can't read how am I on Smashboards?

I'm simply saying word your sentences correctly or it makes it very easy for people to make fun of you.
How is this not seen as antagonizing? What's worse is people actually liked it, forcing me to believe that humanity is taking a step backward.

I have proven objectively how my post differentiated between playability, and inclusion in general, and how this person objectively mis-read, mis-interpreted, or just flat out ignorantly did not read my post when forming his response. In response to this post, I told him that his reading comprehension was faulty and that I clearly made my point explicitly, and he responded with this.

...I was making fun of you. I knew what you meant, how could you possibly think I didn't know what you meant? Once again, I was making fun of your lack of a proper sentence. Either state exactly what you mean to say, or go away.
I don't know how else to state it, but this is practically idiocy. I formed the thought concisely, and explicitly. It couldn't have been any more clear.

That's when I fired back with the mentally challenged statement, which was a bit over the line but far be it from me to think that he had it coming. You don't just try to mock somebody when you are completely wrong about what you're mocking. It's absurdity, and it's going to get you insulted by people who are anything less than a saint for dealing with such things.

Stereotyping, check.

Again, stereotyping.

It really just comes down to this :

Ridley is not an exception.

My proposal is that Ridley has essentially, already been deconfirmed. Just because they didn't show his face, doesn't mean anything. They knew we would know it was Ridley, in that boss segment. Ridley was outright deconfirmed as a playable character in my eyes, the very moment his shadow and wing showed up in that clip in the direct.

It is purely your opinion that all the factors involved make him an exception, and it demands looking at the direct clip as a tease in the first place, which I don't see it as from the get go for anything other than being a stage boss.

Also, I'm not stereotyping. If you are not one of the "mob", then feel free to not feel associated with who I'm referring to. I refer specifically to the gun-jumping responses that lack any whatsoever rationale in them aside from "I LIKE RIDLEY SO YOU ARE WRONG". There are plenty of characters I'd love to have in Smash Bros., that doesn't mean I can't reason with the reality that they won't be in.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Man guys I'm starting to worry we only have one more newcomer trailer for launch, and that doesn't bold as well for some characters that would be big name. I'm not saying I'm doubting Ridley, just saying I'm doubting the inclusion of many more big newcomers (Unless that last trailer is a character blowout, in which case :grin: ). Just man this is coming down to the wire and is continuing to drive me nuts. I'm betting Direct this next week though, Pokemon has some new announcement right, so maybe Smash trailer to coincide? Maybe with a certain BIG newcomer? :awesome:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
(Unless that last trailer is a character blowout, in which case :grin: ). Just man this is coming down to the wire and is continuing to drive me nuts. I'm betting Direct this next week though, Pokemon has some new announcement right, so maybe Smash trailer to coincide? Maybe with a certain BIG newcomer? :awesome:
Doubt it. Ridley would practically need his own trailer at this point, just to hammer down the point that YES, he IS fething playable. And it would have to lack any Metroid stages whatsoever, at least during his gameplay segments. :evil:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai will make the next Metroid so we can finally get better representation in Smash.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I just want to declare my utmost hopes of a playable Ridley, now that I realize that we only have about three more weeks till the Japanese release date. Soon all of the characters will be revealed!

(Unless they implement a Pokemon-esque cross platform exclusive/unlock system. For example, "Ridley can only be unlocked on your 3ds after you unlock him on your WiiU and connect your systems")
"welcome message and dont drink the water" coming your way

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It really just comes down to this :

Ridley is not an exception.

My proposal is that Ridley has essentially, already been deconfirmed. Just because they didn't show his face, doesn't mean anything. They knew we would know it was Ridley, in that boss segment. Ridley was outright deconfirmed as a playable character in my eyes, the very moment his shadow and wing showed up in that clip in the direct.

It is purely your opinion that all the factors involved make him an exception, and it demands looking at the direct clip as a tease in the first place, which I don't see it as from the get go for anything other than being a stage boss.
It's actually because of the outcry still being present that makes him likely. You see, like I've stated before, Chrom has been shown as an NPC, as part of Robin's Final Smash, right? He didn't get a splash text like the actual newcomers, nor does he appear on the official site. And still, there where some, like IGN, that thought of it as a confirmation. And Nintendo itself felt the need of correcting IGN, reminding them that he was, indeed, non playable.

Here's the deal with Ridley. He's also been "disconfirmed" there. It's not just the fact that he's nowhere to be seen, but also the fact that Nintendo has yet to clarify his case. The fact that they clear up the situation of a fairly requested character, of whom some were confused about, yet fail to acknowledge the situation of one of the more requested characters of all time and the fact that a lot of supporters are still confused about and still have yet to clarify it... I mean, doesn't that sound, at least, even remotely odd to you?

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Maybe Sakurai will make the next Metroid so we can finally get better representation in Smash.
...You're kidding, right? No, Retro gets that right, forever. Sakurai can help with the sales all he wants, but clearly Metroid belongs with a Western company now. :facepalm:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
It's actually because of the outcry still being present that makes him likely. You see, like I've stated before, Chrom has been shown as an NPC, as part of Robin's Final Smash, right? He didn't get a splash text like the actual newcomers, nor does he appear on the official site. And still, there where some, like IGN, that thought of it as a confirmation. And Nintendo itself felt the need of correcting IGN, reminding them that he was, indeed, non playable.

Here's the deal with Ridley. He's also been "disconfirmed" there. It's not just the fact that he's nowhere to be seen, but also the fact that Nintendo has yet to clarify his case. The fact that they clear up the situation of a fairly requested character, of whom some were confused about, yet fail to acknowledge the confusion a lot of supporters are still confused about and still have yet to clarify it... I mean, doesn't that sound, at least, even remotely odd to you?
Oh that's what I get for skiming

Last edited:
Top Bottom