• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
c05.png
We only have so many posts before we need to start a new Ridley thread.

So please, do your part, and use posts conservatively.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Ridley as a playable character would be WAY more interesting and fun than Ridley the stage hazard.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You know, once the roster is revealed, I think that more than anything else I'm going to miss speculating with you guys. Pre-Brawl I didn't really appreciate how special a time it is when you don't know the roster, when the possibilities are endless. I just wanted to know the damn characters. But when it ended, when we knew the characters, a little bit of the magic was gone. It was a happy parting, because we had the game, but a parting nonetheless.

This is my second time around the bend, and I just hope you guys appreciate how right now feels. I know it's anxious and anticipatory, but right now any character could be in (well except the deconfirmed ones lol).

Just don't take, this, for granted. It will go away. It might be hard to not know all the answers, but try to enjoy it while it lasts. And don't forget what it felt like, so that when the next smash comes around you'll be waiting to jump right back in.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm just gonna leave this here...
That's been posted before. In fact, I was the one who first showed it to the thread.

And it doesn't mean anything. All it just shows that they know just as much as we do at the moment.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Ridley as a playable character would be WAY more interesting and fun than Ridley the stage hazard.
My Whole thought is If Ridley is just a Glorified Stage Hazard then that just kinda a downgrade, that'd be like Mewtwo going from Playable to Pokeball, or Ike Going from Playable to Assist.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My Whole thought is If Ridley is just a Glorified Stage Hazard then that just kinda a downgrade, that'd be like Mewtwo going from Playable to Pokeball, or Ike Going from Playable to Assist.
It's a little different from that. In Brawl, Ridley was originally going to be an assist trophy, but was instead promoted to 2 bosses in the SSE

Since the SSE no longer exists, the space for Ridley was as well. Instead of being downgraded to an assist trophy, being a stage boss is as close to being an SSE boss as Sakurai could keep him.

Of course, I'm hoping Sakurai instead decided to upgrade him to playable.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Since the SSE no longer exists, the space for Ridley was as well.
Uh, last I saw, Adventure Mode was still a possibility? Mind you, it likely wouldn't take away his chances of being playable, but hey, neat idea to have a tossup between Ridley and Bowser at the end, yeah? :smirk:

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
You know, once the roster is revealed, I think that more than anything else I'm going to miss speculating with you guys. Pre-Brawl I didn't really appreciate how special a time it is when you don't know the roster, when the possibilities are endless. I just wanted to know the damn characters. But when it ended, when we knew the characters, a little bit of the magic was gone. It was a happy parting, because we had the game, but a parting nonetheless.

This is my second time around the bend, and I just hope you guys appreciate how right now feels. I know it's anxious and anticipatory, but right now any character could be in (well except the deconfirmed ones lol).

Just don't take, this, for granted. It will go away. It might be hard to not know all the answers, but try to enjoy it while it lasts. And don't forget what it felt like, so that when the next smash comes around you'll be waiting to jump right back in.
Through all of the highs and the lows, this thread has been a wild ride. It seems almost sad that in just three weeks this place will no longer be the base of operations for us space pirates.

No matter what happens in the coming weeks fellow Ridley supporters, just remember you were all fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Uh, last I saw, Adventure Mode was still a possibility? Mind you, it likely wouldn't take away his chances of being playable, but hey, neat idea to have a tossup between Ridley and Bowser at the end, yeah? :smirk:
An adventure mode similar to melee is still possible. But Sakurai directly deconfirmed any in depth story mode similar to SSE a long time ago. It's one of the first big details about the game we got.

But yes, it is still possible there is a boss rush mode or something that could include him in that form.
Through all of the highs and the lows, this thread has been a wild ride. It seems almost sad that in just three weeks this place will no longer be the base of operations for us space pirates.

No matter what happens in the coming weeks fellow Ridley supporters, just remember you were all fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

Heh, fitting, just watched the first episode with 12.

And as much as I love 10, 9 is my favorite. If he had had 3 seasons like the rest, he would have surpassed 10 imo. I guess I'll finish his last words

And so was I!

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber

Although I have just been lurking and reading for the most part of this speculation, I completely agree and think this is a beautiful statement. Its one of the few things to shed manly tears to, like the ending of Yoshi's Story.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
In a mere day we've added over twenty pages to the thread.

Which means that, if we keep up this rate, we'd reach 2000 pages in the next 18.

A mere day before the Japanese release, go figure :p.

No but seriously, let's regulate our post count a little, folks.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I myself haven't spent much time here, but it has still been wonderful speculating this glorious roster with everyone. It is a pleasure that I will not know again for another 8 years when Smash 5 comes along. I would love to say this now more than ever, because with only 3 weeks left until the game is released, we are officially in the final stretch. The road will be hard for many, and glorious for others, but it must happen eventually. The journey has been great, it's time to reach our Final Destination.

As for Ridley, well I have one thing to say: We're Counting on you, Ridley!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
[collapse=Offtopic]
In a mere day we've added over twenty pages to the thread.

Which means that, if we keep up this rate, we'd reach 2000 pages in the next 18.

A mere day before the Japanese release, go figure :p.
Sakurai: Excellent...
[/collapse]

Well, glad to see that everyone is in the Ridley spirit again. Despite the sudden Detractor appearance, people's spirits seems to have lifted from the other day.

Well I'm off to bed. Cya in the morning, fellow Space Pirates. ^^

D

Deleted member 245254

It's actually because of the outcry still being present that makes him likely. You see, like I've stated before, Chrom has been shown as an NPC, as part of Robin's Final Smash, right? He didn't get a splash text like the actual newcomers, nor does he appear on the official site. And still, there where some, like IGN, that thought of it as a confirmation. And Nintendo itself felt the need of correcting IGN, reminding them that he was, indeed, non playable.

Here's the deal with Ridley. He's also been "disconfirmed" there. It's not just the fact that he's nowhere to be seen, but also the fact that Nintendo has yet to clarify his case. The fact that they clear up the situation of a fairly requested character, of whom some were confused about, yet fail to acknowledge the situation of one of the more requested characters of all time and the fact that a lot of supporters are still confused about and still have yet to clarify it... I mean, doesn't that sound, at least, even remotely odd to you?
Maybe they don't feel the need to clarify because it's obvious?

It was pretty clear as day to me that he was teased as a stage boss, not a playable character.

I don't see any reason to clarify anything. It was clear as day from the moment they showed him.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

It was pretty clear as day to me that he was teased as a stage boss, not a playable character.

I don't see any reason to clarify anything. It was clear as day from the moment they showed him.
Again, same with Chrom. The fact it was so obvious he wasn't playable, yet they bothered to clarify that, and not do the same with Ridley, is the main reason why there are still people supporting him.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Again, same with Chrom. The fact it was so obvious he wasn't playable, yet they bothered to clarify that, and not do the same with Ridley, is the main reason why there are still people supporting him.
Let's not forget that they did they same thing for Prince Sablé. He wasn't even shown actually fighting on the field, just displayed in a static position, and as a trophy, and they felt the need to clarify that he wasn't playable. That one was the absolute confirmation for me, especially since he had such low fan demand.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Well looks like another argument is about to start. I have had enough arguing for a year.

So I am going to be here eating my popcorn and wait till it starts.

D

Deleted member 245254

You're going to have to elaborate here because I see absolutely zero relative connection between Chroms situation and Ridley. Chrom was a character that gained a lot of traction from Awakening and then got cemented from the Gematsu leak. Everyone figured Chrom would stand up and begin fighting until he gave the "I'll fight another day" line, then showed him as part of Robin's final smash.

That has nothing to do with Ridley being teased as a stage boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger

I suppose the notion is subjective, it was obviously not clear as day if he still has supporters who are quite adamant that he was not confirmed as a boss character. Sakurai is even aware of this presence, yet he has decided to not make it more overt. It was certainly NOT because it was "obvious."

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nintendo undoubtedly got flooded with hundreds of messages from people asking for clarification after that tease. They know it's ambiguous.

HurricaneMarth

Smash Cadet
If indeed Ridley as intended to be teased as a hazard, then I must say that he should have been explicitly deconfirmed..not left open to different views.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
holy crap... this thread is just a nuclear disaster waiting to happen...

maybe a mod should just close it and not allow anymore discussion until ridley is confirmed... i cant even read the posts here anymore without feeling like busting open some heads. :evil:

the tension here has multiplied several times over the past few days... its just getting insane.

its seriously not even fun hanging around this thread, anymore.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Zipzo, we get that you both don't believe Ridley is playable and are deaf to all points towards him being playable, you made this clear several hundred pages ago. Why do you insist on returning here and flame baiting/trolling so often?

Morbi

Scavenger
holy crap... this thread is just a nuclear disaster waiting to happen...

maybe a mod should just close it and not allow anymore discussion until ridley is confirmed... i cant even read the posts here anymore without feeling like busting open some heads. :evil:

the tension here has multiplied several times over the past few days... its just getting insane.

its seriously not even fun hanging around this thread, anymore.
Nothing eases the tension more than threatening to bust open our heads.

Top Bottom