• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It can be like Project M, where he's got the megavitamins, but they act just like Mario's Fireballs without the fire. Same power, same range, same trajectory, but different elemental effects.
Fire actually has a load of properties that change the way an attack behaves. It can thaw out frozen characters and activate explosives, as well as being blocked by Red Pikmins (and deal more damage to Ivysaur). If his Fireballs lost their fire property, it'd be treated as a whole different attack.

Of course, pills can still induce fire damage for whatever reason, so who knows.

Back to Ridley, though, wouldn't it be cool if his F Smash was his claw swipe attack he uses as Meta Ridley in Prime 1?

D

Deleted member

So much ignorance about Dr. Mario.
But...this is the Ridley thread, so that's all I'm going to say here.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That leak someone link has credibility because it lines up with what Neo Zero and I know.

But there's no reason to discuss leaks here. Ridley's already confirmed :troll:

Steelia

Smash Champion
It can be like Project M, where he's got the megavitamins, but they act just like Mario's Fireballs without the fire. Same power, same range, same trajectory, but different elemental effects.
And there is the issue. Wouldn't the difference between pills and fireballs be enough to warrant a clone character, according to Sakurai's logic? Lucina's mildly tweaked stats were enough. If Doc's pills cannot unfreeze a character, or have the fire property, then they're NOT Mario fireballs. Save for the pill design, they'd have to be the same in every aspect to the fireball, including elementally. Why do you think we don't have an Ice Mario costume with freezing shots, or each Link costume having different elemental arrows? Costumes just don't work like that.

...Not sure how the topic of Doc came up in the Ridley topic. But fortunately, Ridley doesn't need to worry too much about that. Even if he got Meta Ridley as an alt, if Ridley shoots mini-fireballs and MetaR shoots small missiles, if both have the same damage, speed, trajectory, hitboxes, and property (fire), that could work nicely for him.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Back to Ridley, though, wouldn't it be cool if his F Smash was his claw swipe attack he uses as Meta Ridley in Prime 1?
Meta Ridley can't use that attack. He uses it only in Other M. The only ground attack he uses in Prime 1 are tackle/charge attack, plasma beam, tail swipe and...that attack when he stomps the ground creating shockwaves.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Made something quickly for those who are bored:

Fake. Just because Dr.Mario is a separate character. Why would they waste time on Mario clone that is still Mario? Its like including Varia Suit Samus and Gravity Suit Samus. They could just use him as alt model since it requires less time and effort.
Imho the left video shows perfectly why Ridley will have the other M model (or a model based on it) if he is playable. Looks much better on that scale, normal Ridleys neck looks weird as hell. Also seeing the model like this Roidley actually looks pretty awesome...

Xenorange

Smash Lord
You know what would be funny, if Mewtwo got announced at the national championships. Hahaha, I know right!! Or Ridley because he's basically a Pokemon according to other M.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My 2 Nickels on what's going on;
>Asks for Mario Tornado to return
>Doesn't want Doctor Mario
Why is the World so complicated.

My 2 Dimes about what's supposed to be going on;
>Talks about Ridley
>Detractor comes and throws a hissyfit
Just like old times. :'3

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Unless they make it look more brutal and flashy. Which I can see them do.

I just love the idea of seeing Ridley swatting foes the heck out of the ring with his hand.
Then Other M claw swipe attack. It is more brutal and flashy version of this attack, especially last swipe/strike/whatever. It is One-Hit Kill on Hard mode.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Imho the left video shows perfectly why Ridley will have the other M model (or a model based on it) if he is playable. Looks much better on that scale, normal Ridleys neck looks weird as hell. Also seeing the model like this Roidley actually looks pretty awesome...
How does Ridley even swallow with a bent pencil-neck like that?? I can understand how it would be difficult to properly program a neck like that on a playable character...

Note that I said difficult, not impossible.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
How does Ridley even swallow with a bent pencil-neck like that?? I can understand how it would be difficult to properly program a neck like that on a playable character...

I've seen people suggest it's actually a "Snake Like" neck

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Like I said before, his digestive organs are in his head, that is why the head is so large.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
There are times where I feel like this thread is like that hiding spot Anne Frank was in... We still have yet to wait before the Nazi detractors show up; only difference is we will most likely have guns when they do show up. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
There are times where I feel like this thread is like that hiding spot Anne Frank was in... We still have yet to wait before the Nazi detractors show up; only difference is we will most likely have guns when they do show up. :yeahboi:
Let us all remember the outcome of that war. the nazis detractors where beat and the world was restored Ridley became playable.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I actually know someone who works for Nintendo. Awesome lady. Really nice, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about games.

Does not get a lot of special information about games, outside of the sections she manages personally.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Even if he works at Nintendo I doubt he knows ****, they're certainly not going to let anyone know the entire roster unless they have specific business related to it like the Treehouse and developers have.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just like my dad and everyone else's dads
Dad? Pfft. My CAT works at Nintendo. Makes you think about why the f*** do they hire those guys and a cat to work at Nintendo. I guess cat makes sense since Sakurai has a cat. But why would you hire those guys then if you have a cat?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just like my dad and everyone else's dads
My dad doesn't work at Nintendo. My mom does, though. My dog does too.

Edit: I should read all posts before posting. lol

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Well everybody has digestive organs in their head! Depends if you're specifically referring to chemical or mechanical digestion! Either way, teeth handle mechanical, and saliva handles chemical, even in the mouth.
Does Ridley breathe conventionally? I almost want to say he doesn't breathe through his mouth. At least then that would give his entire scrawny neck room for swallowing rather than fitting a trachea.
Ridley is not a venus fly trap. Doesn't really make sense for him to secrete acid only in his mouth... it would have been implemented as an attack assuredly.

All in all, I'm going to assume he has a conventional stomach. For science! And you know, a place we can store detractors until we figure out what else to do.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Y'know what? I want to see Ing in Smash now. Maybe an assist or something, so as not to detract from our Commander's appearance...

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well everybody has digestive organs in their head! Depends if you're specifically referring to chemical or mechanical digestion! Either way, teeth handle mechanical, and saliva handles chemical, even in the mouth.
Does Ridley breathe conventionally? I almost want to say he doesn't breathe through his mouth. At least then that would give his entire scrawny neck room for swallowing rather than fitting a trachea.
Ridley is not a venus fly trap. Doesn't really make sense for him to secrete acid only in his mouth... it would have been implemented as an attack assuredly.

All in all, I'm going to assume he has a conventional stomach. For science! And you know, a place we can store detractors until we figure out what else to do.
Ridley digests his prey with scalding hot plasma instead of acid.
It's hilarious, every time he eats a swabby smoke curls out of his mouth and it's as if he has eaten too many peppers.
That said, it's kind of a waste of perfectly good crew.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
...Y'know what? I want to see Ing in Smash now. Maybe an assist or something, so as not to detract from our Commander's appearance...
Smash Run enemies would be pretty ideal with the Emperor Ing as a boss in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom