• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I loved the varia suit in prime, it looks imposing and threatning. Other M varia suit just ugh, looks like something a cosplayer could throw together in an hour. (I do like how Sakurai made it look this time around.

I could see either conept artley or Hybridley to get the best of both worlds and make this the best character game int hew orld.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I actually prefer the large shouldered Samus from the Prime series. Not that I dislike the slicker Other M version, I just kinda saw it and was like where did her shoulders go? idk it was more of a personal thing than anything else I can't complain about he redesign I just miss the giant shoulders xD
Of course I love the Prime design...I think if I could grab the Other M design and add a few things from the Prime design to make it 100% perfect, they would be...

The two shoulder 'blade' thingies and the much bulkier, much more dangerous-looking Arm Cannon, as for Roidley, I only like his tail for a Ridley redesign.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Of course I love the Prime design...I think if I could grab the Other M design and add a few things from the Prime design to make it 100% perfect, they would be...

The two shoulder 'blade' thingies and the much bulkier, much more dangerous-looking Arm Cannon, as for Roidley, I only like his tail for a Ridley redesign.
I think I can agree with that idea of a mix for the Samus look

As for Roidley, it's tough. The things I like about Roidley are entirely different than what I like about Ridley and don't mix. I think I'll just have to see Sm4sh's model and judge then.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, i decided to skip 30+ pages. What have i missed except for Meta Knight's return? Oh, i found that post on the previous page that i decided to read:
SHOULD, except he looks like a body building, protein guzzler on Jersey Shore with a duck face.
After looking closer at Roidley, i realized that he didn't used any steroids. He is just kinda bulky, but not that much. You can easily see some of his bones, like ribs and pelvis bone. Here is few images for those who thinks he looks too muscular/took too much steroids:
Compare it to Conceptley's six pack muscles.

Roidley reminds me of Jurassic Park raptors. Not just because they are intelligent...wait...male raptors in JP3 had purple parts of his skin...Ridley is purple...both are reptiles...Ridley confirmed to be a playable character...somehow...

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
the thing is if we getting two more reveal trailer and it take one month to get one and we get one near the end of august...that mean we gonna get the last one at the end of September XD (one in a direct and another one like robin trailer)

and something bug me is sakurai didn't wanted to show Yoshi yet because he was not finish so why partialy show ridley if he not complete( if we go on the optic that he was not complete that why we didn't seen all is model) that sound weird.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What if they had a shulk/ridley trailer on the 19th so it's the 20th in Japan, lining up the anniversaries?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I know it's childish, but I'm gettin impatient as hell waiting for any sort of especial announcement ;_;

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Would he be more logical as a playable character or an assist trophy, or even a boss character?
I'm trying my best not to sound offensive, but you do realize all the detractors that say he's too big are the ones that try to insert logic in a game that lacks any. Ridley's role wouldn't matter logic-wise because Smash lacks any logic.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm not being biased. I'm just saying, he'd end up being the biggest character in the game which is not necessarily a bad thing but how big is too big? Imagine Ridley on a small arena like Yoshi's Island from SSBB.

There's no reason to not want him in. The more characters the merrier. But what I'm getting at is would he be more logical as a playable character or an assist trophy, or even a boss character?
Smash bros is 0% logic, 0% sense, and 100% fun.

Bringing logic into it ruins it.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
I know it's childish, but I'm gettin impatient as hell waiting for any sort of especial announcement ;_;
Same. Hoping there's some announcement, hopefully a direct for next week considering it'll be a year on Wednesday since the Pyrosphere potd. Plus isn't it Xenoblade's anniversary next week as well? If so, we could get a Smash trailer for Ridley's reveal and maybe Shulk's. Or potentially (and preferably) a villain trailer which would be sweet!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just want to point out that THIS is my response to the "too big" argument. 'nuff said.
The best part is, she was re-sized for a NON-CANON spin off.
Just like Bowser!
D3LU510N4L 1D10Е5! TH4T D035NT5 C0UNT5! JU5T B3C4U5- *shot*
They won't accept that anyway. Ridley is an exception just because he is Ridley. They also say that Bowser argument is invalid because he was small in few games. What? Those games were spin-off games? What? Bowser is always bigger than Ridley actually is in normal games? This is blasphemy...this is...madness!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I may have given up on Ridley now, and I'm probably sure that you may have seen this situation before, after looking at this picture one more time:

I'm just convinced this height Ridley is at is way too high (in the gameplay footage) for this footage to be a playable character especially when he stops to stand and fly forward, it looks more like stage hazard material to me now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think I may have given up on Ridley now, and I'm probably sure that you may have seen this situation before, after looking at this picture one more time:

I'm just convinced this height Ridley is at is way too high (in the gameplay footage) for this footage to be a playable character especially when he stops to stand and fly forward, it looks more like stage hazard material to me now.
Then every other character is unplayable since we have Star KOs if being too high is something that playable characters can't do. And you can get up higher than that with Kirby or any other character that can jump high enough either by just double jumping or by using extra jumps and things like that. So, don't worry. And his tail reaches the camera, so, he isn't that high in the air. Also, bosses won't get too high just to stand/fly/hover/whatever there either since it would make them impossible to reach while not being used for an attack.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Then every other character is unplayable since we have Star KOs if being too high is something that playable characters can't do. And you can get up higher than that with Kirby or any other character that can jump high enough either by just double jumping or by using extra jumps and things like that. So, don't worry. And his tail reaches the camera, so, he isn't that high in the air. Also, bosses won't get too high just to fly there either since it would make them impossible to reach.
So what you are saying Ridley is currently at a Star KO pose? It doesn't look like that to me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I think he's forgetting 2 things
1) Shadows make things look bigger
2) Ridley could have a unique Flying Mechanic or a Float Mechanic ala Peach & PM Mewtwo

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord

Didn't we establish that the shadows on that stage were rather deformed when the character was in mid-air?

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby

Have you ever considered that Ridley could have a floating mechanic similar to Peach's? Many people have pointed out that his moveset could pretty much be the opposite of Little Mac's; Good air game but bad ground game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So what you are saying Ridley is currently at a Star KO pose? It doesn't look like that to me.
...what? No, not that. We wouldn't see him at this angle if he would be Star KOed and he would roar too. I am saying that playable characters can get high enough to get Star KOed and if that is too much, then there is enough characters that can reach this heigh without much effort. And if you can still see his tail, then he is not too high. He wouldn't get too high anyway to just fly there without moving while player can't reach him.
THIS
IS
THE RIDLEY THREAD!
Correct answer was "This! Is! Norfair!". For incorrect answer, you are disowned from our thread/crew.
1) Shadows make things look bigger
Shadows don't always make things look bigger. It depends on the lightning settings/whatever. Shadow can become really small if lightning source is placed in speciffic way. You are disowned from our thread/crew for not knowing everything.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

How dare you drink that darned water.

But we have Megaman's shadow in the exact same spot showing that it's only twice as big as megaman.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Supporters of Toon Link are so delusional, he has already been disconfirmed as a stage element. Sakurai clearly shown it at e3 last year. Anyone who thinks Toon Link as the samllest chance is delusional.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Have you ever considered that Ridley could have a floating mechanic similar to Peach's? Many people have pointed out that his moveset could pretty much be the opposite of Little Mac's; Good air game but bad ground game.
He looks like he's flying way longer than Peach and Mewtwo's floating mechanic to me, which seems unbalanced to me.

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
the thing is if we getting two more reveal trailer and it take one month to get one and we get one near the end of august...that mean we gonna get the last one at the end of September XD (one in a direct and another one like robin trailer)
and something bug me is sakurai didn't wanted to show Yoshi yet because he was not finish so why partialy show ridley if he not complete( if we go on the optic that he was not complete that why we didn't seen all is model) that sound weird

He looks like he's flying way longer than Peach and Mewtwo's floating mechanic to me.
who care if he float more longer then peach? if he made to be a flyin fighter that will make sense and he could not be that good on ground. and don't fly that much so :) it could be is own mechanic like megaman,pac man,little mac,wii fit and Rosalina and villager

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
*kicks the traitor off the cl- wait...that is not right way to do that in this thread...knocks the traitor off the platform into the bottomless pit filled with lava below with fake tail* Next time, think twice before using incorrect answers.

Supporters of Toon Link are so delusional, he has already been disconfirmed as a stage element. Sakurai clearly shown it at e3 last year. Anyone who thinks Toon Link as the samllest chance is delusional.
YEAH! SUCH STUPID IDIOTS. WHAT? IT IS NOT REALLY TOON LINK AND INSTEAD IS ONE OF THE MANY INCARNATIONS OF LINK? WHAT? HE WAS CONFIRMED AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER? BULLS**T!
He looks like he's flying way longer than Peach and Mewtwo's floating mechanic to me.
Could be a new mechanic. No one ever thought that something like Little Mac's meter would exist. But it happened. Nothing is impossible in terms of new mechanics except for those that are impossible to add in a game like player getting real chocolate by getting chocolate food item.

@kisamehoshi34, double post. IsmaR-T type will bring rocket launcher and break through the door to get you for that. So...good luck...and keep your eyes open...always...

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
He looks like he's flying way longer than Peach and Mewtwo's floating mechanic to me, which seems unbalanced to me.
Well if he were to be complete garbage on the ground its possible they could give him an outstanding air game you know. Besides they're doing different things this time around with the characters, heck we even have a confirmed aerial smash attack for Robin.

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
You can add me to the support list. After watching a vid by Wiidude83 I am convinced he will make it in. It would be a bit awkward to see him in classic or something for me at least, but either at, I am sure he is in.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

You're just bitter over Prince Sable.

Top Bottom