• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
What's the first thing you guys are gonna when Ridley gets confirmed.
If it happens around any regular day: Scream, maybe cry a little, run downstairs and do some sort of awkward dance maybe.

If it happens around my birthday (Aug 16): Dive out the window, run inside, scream, cry, dance. If the trailer was good I might call my irl friends who are detractors and tell them to suck my **** because Ridley was confirmed. And then I'd go get some ice cream.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Don't you ever feel that way, you hear? The group pic wasn't your fault, missed requests aren't your fault, none of it is your fault, Andrea. Don't be afraid of letting people down here, it isn't going to affect who we are or how we turn out. We're your friends, that's why we joined this thread. Sure we all may be different and have different personalities, but deep down we're all alike. Don't feel pressured to do any requests. It's your life and your drawing tool, use can use them how you want. Don't let yourself get put down, either. I've let myself been put down far beyond where I should have let it gone, and let me tell you, it isn't fun. But this isn't about me, it's about you. Now, I can't speak on behalf of everyone here, but every time you post a new drawing, I thoroughly enjoy it. They're probably my personal highlights of the thread, alongside all of the gifs and random ideas here. So thank you. Personally, i suggest you take awhile to calm down and just enjoy the thread. A temporary leave of absence from all of the requests, if you will. Stop and sniff the roses, as they say. <insert other semi-inspirational saying here>. Don't pressure yourself.

I know that wasn't worded well, because I am a horrible writer, but I'm trying to cheer you up. Somehow.

There was going to be more to this but I forgot it as I was writing the first part...
Damn straight. You never want to feel like that, confidence is key. It's always tough to admit when you can't fulfill something, but it's also fine to fail. Failure is how we learn. I'd also like to reinforce that we're all friends, and we've all gathered here for one common interest and that interest is Ridley. If you feel overwhelmed just let someone know that you are; well understand. I would love to type more, but grammatical errors flow forth from my phone keyboard, so for now; take blues advice.

Also that Ridley art is super hype: that would be an amazing alt skin!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey it's cool, don't push yourself to the point of being uncomfortable! Just do your best, Lord knows your arts already damn good...
=u= Thank you....but my perfectionist mind makes me not feel satisfied with my own work.....and sometimes I push myself way too hard...or sometimes I think I don't, to later break myself.

Metroid_Prime_3_Trilogy_Version_Walk-Through_Part_ (7).gif

Just like Ridley....I later explode.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hey, hear that bird? *shoots as you look and walks away*
:troll:

View attachment 20274 Lesbianism canon in Nintendo.
The closest thing to that (at least in Metroid) was Gandrayda's attitude toward Samus, or the implications that could be made from it anyway.

I'm so sorry....but...don't you ever give me an art request again....I feel too upset to even listen, I know you are joking but I'm not in the mood for jokes...I did what I can for now...
For the record, who was this directed at? Forgot to comment on it earlier but I'm sorry others have been endlessly making jokes at your expense, truly am.

I wonder if people have considered that sometimes it's appropriate to... not post anything in this thread? I usually leave when we begin talking about shipping, genders or other irrelevant things.
Between all that and talking about things like Shokio, the discussion of painfully obvious fake leaks (or the not-so-holy Gematsu) or arguing about DLC, I'm not sure which is the biggest (heh) of the two evils really. Nowadays they're all about equally off-putting far as the thread's main topic is concerned, whenever I'm playing catch-up on the new pages here.

i'd love to see a palette swap of Ridley so that he can look like omega Ridley
As mentioned, that's Meta-Ridley on Norion before he became Omega. The particular render is from the Japanese boxart of Corruption.

This is his Meta form before being Omega. The first time I fought him I honestly thought they called him "Meta" Ridley by accident because he looked so organic. And I still don't see anything mechanic about him.
Ironically, in the demo plays at E3 when Corruption was first revealed, he was referred to as just Ridley in the name shown above the boss health bar instead of Meta-Ridley, before they changed it later on. But yeah, compared to the 1st Prime, there wasn't really anything cyborg-ish about him in Prime 3.

=u= Thank you....but my perfectionist mind makes me not feel satisfied with my own work.....and sometimes I push myself way too hard...or sometimes I think I don't, to later break myself.

View attachment 20287
Just like Ridley....I later explode.
Probably mentioned it before but well, there's that saying that as an artist you tend to be your own worst critique.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
For the record, who was this directed at? Forgot to comment on it earlier but I'm sorry others have been endlessly making jokes at your expense, truly am.
If this is about the whole Ridley's **** thing, I wasn't aware that that was a joke at your expense, Andrea. I got on in the middle of it and I was like "Oh yay, a trolly yet on-topic discussion. My specialty."

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I will have to leave Smashboards at that point as I made a gentleman's wager that I would forfeit my account in the event of his non-play-ability. So I suppose the first thing I will do is go to my room and cry... cry myself to sleep.
if he were deconfirmed, i would never return to another forum... ever.

i would not want to deal with the crap detractors would have to say if such an event came to pass.

i'd be completely asocial, online and offline.

thats the best case scenario, anyway.

AndreaAC

Drama about Ridley art? This thread is on adrenaline; I love it. Everything must be exaggerated here for the BIGGEST effect. :troll:
Heh....blame my sudden emotional breakdown and feeling of worthlessness....but apparently everything has calmed down....Now....back to do Ridley stuff...or...play something.....

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Heh....blame my sudden emotional breakdown and feeling of worthlessness....but apparently everything has calmed down....Now....back to do Ridley stuff...or...play something.....
Damn it, stop putting yourself down.

Morbi

Scavenger
IF he was disconfirmed he would be disconfirmed as a boss.
I am hoping that he is confirmed as a costume for Charizard so that I can enjoy my favorite Nintendo dragons one in the same. However, I am sure that would be even more troll-worthy than just having Ridley as a boss, so I doubt Sakurai would attempt to please such a niche group of people.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I ain't blaming sh*t

It seems that you guys will be pretty upset if he's not playable. I can't disagree, after chrom and takamaru.... I don't even...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I am hoping that he is confirmed as a costume for Charizard so that I can enjoy my favorite Nintendo dragons one in the same.
Y-y-you. Don't you even get started on Ridley as an alternate for Charizard. Or I may have to whip out my little friend...

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I feel so left out, I tried to do something to help Andrea but ended up being completely unnoticed (honestly though it's really not important to me but I'd just like to point that out)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I ain't blaming sh*t

It seems that you guys will be pretty upset if he's not playable. I can't disagree, after chrom and takamaru.... I don't even...
After Takamaru, I sorta wanted to post this gif, but decided I wasn't cruel enough to rub salt in the wounds of a character I was neutral about.

AndreaAC

I feel so left out, I tried to do something to help Andrea but ended up being completely unnoticed (honestly though it's really not important to me but I'd just like to point that out)
D: Of course I noticed it! and thank you! I actually got outside to take some fresh air in the middle of a rainy weather....I felt a bit better actually..until I heard a thunder and ran to my house....xD

-U- Now....I will....try....to put my pessimist mind away....for the sake of Ridley.....

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yea, I've been through two brutal deconfirmations. And frankly I doubt Ridley (I just do I don't know why) so I've already prepared funeral music...
Ah, Riddles is fine. Though I'm sorta contemplating posting this at the Ghirahim thread when he's deconfirmed, (Since he's one of the few I oppose making it in) but I don't want to be a prick...
Eh, I'll let em wallow in despair and DLC campaigns. Its none of my business.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Stuff passes fast here, but I noticed you. And so did Andrea, and that's all that counts. (not the part about me, though.)

Xenorange

Smash Lord
If it happens around any regular day: Scream, maybe cry a little, run downstairs and do some sort of awkward dance maybe.

If it happens around my birthday (Aug 16): Dive out the window, run inside, scream, cry, dance. If the trailer was good I might call my irl friends who are detractors and tell them to suck my **** because Ridley was confirmed. And then I'd go get some ice cream.
Ditto.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Ah, Riddles is fine. Though I'm sorta contemplating posting this at the Ghirahim thread when he's deconfirmed, (Since he's one of the few I oppose making it in) but I don't want to be a prick...
Eh, I'll let em wallow in despair and DLC campaigns. Its none of my business.
I'll make sure to celebrate with you when ghirahim is confirmed then :troll:
Also; good job not being a prick.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You know what it's time for. :4falcon:
This is one of those things that gets better the more you watch it, and if he's revealed, I'm posting this gif with the Metroid Metal Ridley theme as the soundtrack. It'll be great!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This is one of those things that gets better the more you watch it, and if he's revealed, I'm posting this gif with the Metroid Metal Ridley theme as the soundtrack. It'll be great!
Hey man, I got you covered.

Or did you mean something else...

Last edited:
Top Bottom