• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
They're labeled that way because King Kihunter (or Kihunters as a species, anyway) and Tiki are actually from multiple games. Fi and Pseudo-Palutena aren't. So the former are from the Fire Emblem and Metroid series while the latter two are from Skyward Sword and Uprising.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I both love and hate the trophy quiz, because they hint at both Ridley and Ghirahim.
You! Fellow Ghirahim hater, you are amazing.

(I'm implying that you ate Ghirahim and love Ridley.)

Please note that I have nothing against Ghirahiim, other than that he seems more likely than Vaati...

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I don't think it means anything by omitting the fact that it's from Other M. I mean, it technically is a part of the Metroid series. But I still think those trophies are definite hints, if not a confirmation for Ridley since I can't think of anyone more important than him to be used as a playable character from the Metroid series.. and so far those trophy teases are looking good.
Assuming the King Kihunter was hinting at Ridley, where played his biggest role in Other M, even if Ridley does appear in other games. Why would Pseudo Palutana's trophy just say from Kid Icarus Uprising when Palutana appears in other games as well? So technically you could just class Pseudo Palutana as part of the series like King Kihunter or Say King Kihunter is from Metroid Other M

If the mention of what game or series the trophy character was from is a hint, then it wouldn't make sense to say a specific game for Pseudo-Palutena but not for King Kihunter. Which could also indicate that if you were basing the game/series as where a possible rep could come from (limiting it to only a specific game if mentioned), the theory could be wrong, like saying the possible Zelda rep has to be from Skyward sword.

also

There's still hope the Zelda rep won't be limited to Demise or Ghirahim

*sorry every time I post my screen locks on a white page

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
They're labeled that way because King Kihunter (or Kihunters as a species, anyway) and Tiki are actually from multiple games. Fi and Pseudo-Palutena aren't. So the former are from the Fire Emblem and Metroid series while the latter two are from Skyward Sword and Uprising.
But King Kihunter is only from Other M ? Didn't the trophies mention from which game they were from ? Thought there is probably nothing deep to look in. Probably hint characters at most but that's all.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

That means we're probably getting Ghirahim over a more worthy villain such a Vaati.

Don't all of these characters have links somehow, I believe it was listed previously. I'm gonna do a post on that later (it will have Ridley), I think.
@ Yoshi-Thomas Yoshi-Thomas just listed them :p

Which counter argument?
Oh oops should have quoted you. The giant Bowser counter argument.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We talking Kihunters?

I find it kinda funny how Weavel, the cyborg Space Pirate, looks very much like a Kihunter.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
We talking Kihunters?

I find it kinda funny how Weavel, the cyborg Space Pirate, looks very much like a Kihunter.

Prime Hunter reference

But yeah, I never noticed the resemblance before they were side by side. It's odd. This could be used in a future Metroid game...

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
We talking Kihunters?

Well I find it funny how Ridley, the dragon Space Pirate, looks like Spyro.

Hurts right ? Well that's how Weavel felt after reading your post, mate. Don't insult this wonderful... guy ?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
We talking Kihunters?

Well, unlike Kihunters, Weavel can bisect himself without ruining the carpet with alien bloodstains.

haha he turns into a turret say goodbye to your carpet

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
You! Fellow Ghirahim hater, you are amazing.

(I'm implying that you ate Ghirahim and love Ridley.)
I'm all for the devouring of the innocent and general mayhem, but Ghirahim never seemed that appetizing to me, if I may be honest.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So, I have noticed something. All of the actually reveal trailers follow a different pattern.
-Villager, trailer mimics a trailer for an Animal Crossing Wii U, clarified a minute or so later. Minimal trolling at best.
-Mega Man, revealed from the shadows near the end. No trolling.
-Little Mac, trailer slowly makes it more and more obvious how it is until he is shown. No trolling
-Charizard, revealed immediately after pokeballs open everywhere as his own character, while by default cutting Squirtle and Ivysaur. Minimal trolling at best.
-Greninja, hidden in the shadows, charges an attack with his three fingers in a way that looks like Mewtwo, before firing the atatck and being revealed from the shadows. High trolling levels.
-Palutena, she is the first thing you see and is revealed after a great fight between Pit and Link. Dark Pit is shown at the end for, whatever reason. Minimal trolling.
-Pacman, trailer shown behind closed doors, but made very obvious who it would be. No trolling.
-Lucina, the first thing we see is her and Chrom, she is confirmed instantly and Chrom is confirmed at the end to be a final smash. High trolling levels.
-Robin, confirmed in the middle of Lucinas trailer after interrupting a falcon punch. No trolling.

When Ridley is revealed, how do you think it will be done, and will Sakurai troll someone else while he is at it?

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
But King Kihunter is only from Other M ? Didn't the trophies mention from which game they were from ? Thought there is probably nothing deep to look in. Probably hint characters at most but that's all.
Yep, regular Kihunters exists in various games, but KING Kihunter was introduced in Other M. And what the heck did they think when naming it King, it should be a Queen... Whatever.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I saw a post that said Corocoro next month is supposed to release all the 3DS stages and characters? I searched this really quick and found this article... http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07...-revealed-on-august-12th-on-monthly-corocoro/
...so would this then be the ultimate confirmation of everything character-related?
pretty much because although its only gonnna tell us all the chars on the site (really helpfull.......(-_-) it may give us all stages we can work gf da - must admit really weired how no dk-starfox stage....( lmao inb4 annyunces all known stages too....(-_-)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yep, regular Kihunters exists in various games, but KING Kihunter was introduced in Other M. And what the heck did they think when naming it King, it should be a Queen... Whatever.
I assume it was so both words would start with "Ki". That, or the biology of a Kihunter just has males being the large and gross version instead of females. I don't know. I'm not a Kihunterologist.

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
hey guys, i've been reading this thread on my coffee breaks (and when i was supposed to be working) for the past few days and i decided to get in on the conversation.
i have a question: is it possible that the Ridley from other M is a stage boss on pyrosphere while super metroid ridley makes the roster? or has this been proven to be unlikely? i always thought this would be great considering other M Ridley is a clone and aesthetically completely different(...Fugly) than the original ridley

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm all for the devouring of the innocent and general mayhem, but Ghirahim never seemed that appetizing to me, if I may be honest.
Are you for or against Ghirahim?

So, I have noticed something. All of the actually reveal trailers follow a different pattern.
-Villager, trailer mimics a trailer for an Animal Crossing Wii U, clarified a minute or so later. Minimal trolling at best.
-Mega Man, revealed from the shadows near the end. No trolling.
-Little Mac, trailer slowly makes it more and more obvious how it is until he is shown. No trolling
-Charizard, revealed immediately after pokeballs open everywhere as his own character, while by default cutting Squirtle and Ivysaur. Minimal trolling at best.
-Greninja, hidden in the shadows, charges an attack with his three fingers in a way that looks like Mewtwo, before firing the atatck and being revealed from the shadows. High trolling levels.
-Palutena, she is the first thing you see and is revealed after a great fight between Pit and Link. Dark Pit is shown at the end for, whatever reason. Minimal trolling.
-Pacman, trailer shown behind closed doors, but made very obvious who it would be. No trolling.
-Lucina, the first thing we see is her and Chrom, she is confirmed instantly and Chrom is confirmed at the end to be a final smash. High trolling levels.
-Robin, confirmed in the middle of Lucinas trailer after interrupting a falcon punch. No trolling.

When Ridley is revealed, how do you think it will be done, and will Sakurai troll someone else while he is at it?
Amazing pattern detection! I think he will be high trolling, first implied as a stage boss. Maybe show him as huge in the gameplay but he shrinks later due to being under a mushroom? If that makes sense.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i've been reading this thread on my coffee breaks (and when i was supposed to be working) for the past few days and i decided to get in on the conversation.
i have a question: is it possible that the Ridley from other M is a stage boss on pyrosphere while super metroid ridley makes the roster? or has this been proven to be unlikely? i always thought this would be great considering other M Ridley is a clone and aesthetically completely different(...Fugly) than the original ridley
It's a possibility, albeit a fairly unlikely one. A few members are hoping for this.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Muh. The Ridley shown in the direct was the Other M incarnation (i like his design shut up). According to our Highly Scientific Shadow Analysis trademark pending his size is somewhat Bowserish, and his animations have no smooth transition between them like other bosses do have.
So in all probability, if Ridley is playable, it's Pterodley.

D

Deleted member

*hands glass of water*
Read the second post on the first page, it explains everything

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
While it's possible, I think there will only be Other M Ridley playable. I find him beautiful though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Welcome! Glad to have you joining in!

I think it's definitely a possibility. I'm hoping it's something along those lines so that we can have what we want (partially) and the detractors can have what they want (partially). I think there are a few people who think the stage boss might be Meta Ridley just so that there aren't two general Ridleys.

We've taken to calling the Ridley from Other M Roidley. Random statement.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Nothing was proven, but yeah, it may not be likely as most characters tend to sport their latest look.
And welcome, you seem thirsty, may I offer you a glass of water?

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Are you for or against Ghirahim?
I actually very much like Skyward sword (which has recently come under fire), and I think Ghirahim is an actual "character" so I'd honestly like him a bit more than, say, Demise. That being said though, there's no longevity in his character throughout the series, and for that matter, I don't really care that much about him other than his inevitably hilarious victory dance. I would honestly prefer Loftwings to be playable to Ghirahim, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But I support the ritualistic sacrifice of Ghirahim to Ridley. In fact, I support the ritualistic sacrifice of everyone to Ridley! Now that would make for a great end to this thread. Let's get ourselves to page 2,000, loyal followers, then we shall see whose loyalty is truest~

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Nothing was proven, but yeah, it may not be likely as most characters tend to sport their latest look.
Don't drink it!

(I know you said most but)

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Don't drink it!

(I know you said most but)
Of course. Though it seems Sakurai has different rules for third party characters, who are meant to look as the original and the only thing stopping that are the publishers themselves.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I decided to read the thread up to the April Direct, and watching everyone in full spirits before that is absolutely heartbreaking.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I decided to read the thread up to the April Direct, and watching everyone in full spirits before that is absolutely heartbreaking.
Fortunately, we've moved on and are just as spirited as ever!

I mean, at the rate we were going before, there was no way we could surpass the main character discussion thread!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I would say the metroid franchise is the third biggest in Nintendo behind the mario and zelda franchises. That being said it would not be right to give fire emblem 4 reps, star fox 3, and I really like all the star fox characters, and Kirby with 3. It really has to be k rool or ridley both series need a villain and another rep, if someone else from kid larcus gets in which most people haven't heard of until brawl then I would honestly bead.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Pacman, Megaman, Link(His design is mostly TP), pretty sure Village takes after the Wii AC, and Zelda all use designs differing from their latest appearance. While it's still a majority that use their modern designs, it's an interesting note.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
At least we got our spirits back.

What page was that on? I want to read it.

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
I have a legit question for you Ridley-supporters;

Say hypothetically that Ridley is not playable, would you be more outraged at him being an assist trophy or a stage hazard? I got the feeling most of you detest the "stage boss" idea and I wondered why. Me personally would find it very fitting, as the character would get a clearly present factor by ravaging all the fighters on its hometurf, whereas an assist trophy seems a lot more diminishing of his importance, leaving him with just a couple seconds of stagetime.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Say hypothetically that Ridley is not playable, would you be more outraged at him being an assist trophy or a stage hazard? I got the feeling most of you detest the "stage boss" idea and I wondered why. Me personally would find it very fitting, as the character would get a clearly present factor by ravaging all the fighters on its hometurf, whereas an assist trophy seems a lot more diminishing of his importance, leaving him with just a couple seconds of stagetime.
I agree with that sentiment. Although how depressing would it be to play on Pryosphere, see Ridley and think, "Ohhhh what could have been.." Lol. If that happened I would just not play on Pyrosphere.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Who do you think would be heavier, Kraid or Groudon? :awesome:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

Stage Hazard. If I want to fight Ridley on Pyrosphere, I'd go get 8 bucks, buy Other M, and go fight him there. At least as an assist trophy, he could pull a little Mac and become playable in 5.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

I mean, don't get me wrong, fighting Ridley is really cool and all.

But what want we really want is to fight as Ridley, and it would be a big let down to have that possibility botched yet again.

So yeah, I myself would be pretty upset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom