• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I would suggest Phaazoid, Ismar or Andrea, personally. I do agree that more active users should get priority in creating the mandatory threads.
o.O Me? oh, no no no no, I can't take such responsability...

*gulp*

Anyways, I think I'm over my ship for Ridley and Palutena. Now I'm all for Ridley and Robin♀, and I can only imagine what Ridley's confession would sound like. Their son is another question entirely.

"How is it possible that I fell for a human, and for you of all things? It does not matter if I die a thousand more deaths; I promise you that the Space Pirates will be at your side forever."

Just something I made right off the bat. Sorry again, AndreaAC.
:/ Eh, don't worry. My ship will be always Ridsalina.
Andrea only gets mad about shipping when it is about *sees she is viewing thread* Uh, actually, there is nothing about shipping other than Ridsalina

Be careful on what you say.....you don't want to get me mad....again.

D

Deleted member

I make a death threat and get 8 likes? Yeah, I don't understand this thread

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I make a death threat and get 8 likes? Yeah, I don't understand this thread
This is RIDLEY support thread. We like death threats and murderous space dragon called Ridley for some reasons. Especially if those threats belong to that space dragon. And we avoid drinking water for whatever reasons. So, it is not something unnatural here. Your post just sounds kinda funny.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
So I don't think this new reveal effects Ridley's chances negatively (as in less spots left). I don't think the Gematsu leak affected his chances when everyone thought the second part was true either. If FE has 4 reps, Metroid WILL (better) have at least 3.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am not really complaining about Villager not getting a trailer. :p

Anyways, have you guys decided who will make the "mandatory" threads when Ridley is confirmed? Like the "I was wrong" thread, the "Will you main Ridley?" thread, etc. I want to make the "Will you main Ridley" one :p
People on this thread will be fighting for those privileges, even the mods.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The big gay dance? I hoped Bandana Dee made it in and got that as a FS, but Space Pirates work as long as they shoot lazors
Ridley would be in control the entire time. It is a Space Pirate raid, and Ridley IS a Space Pirate captain...

SPACE-YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder how Ridley would react to Roidley being playable and not him, would he abuse Roidley, say stuff like 'At least I was a good boss' or other harsh words? I would love to see someone do this! *looks at Andrea* Now now Andrea, put those mean stabby things away, I haven't named any ships other than Ridsalina

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
By the way, I think @ AustarusIV AustarusIV ; should get the honor to make the Ridley Social thread, since he seems to be the biggest Ridley supporter in this thread. No pun intended and no offense to any of the various other Ridley supporters.
*Bows*

I'd be more than happy to take the responsibility of handling the Social Thread. The only question is if I'll be able to post it before someone else does, because a Ridley reveal will inevitable recreate Crashboards like yesterday.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Now, the Trophy Theory.

During the April Nintendo Direct in 2014, four trophies were displayed. Tiki from Fire Emblem, Fi from The Legend of Zelda, Pseudo-Palutena from Kid Icarus, and King Kihunter from Metroid.

People have speculated these four trophies to hint towards four newcomers from the corresponding series. An example is this outdated image. Since then, Chrom has been disconfirmed while Lucina and Robin are newcomers.

Evidence for this theory comes not only from the confirmed newcomers Robin, Lucina and Palutena, but also from the relationships these trophy characters have to the confirmed and suggested characters.

Tiki is supposed to hint at Lucina and Robin, Pseudo-Palutena at Palutena, Fi at Ghirahim and possibly Demise, and King Kihunter at Ridley.

In Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tiki is a character that knew Marth, and mistakes Lucina for Marth; she is also a character that aids Robin and Lucina throughout the story. Robin and Lucina were later confirmed.

Pseudo-Palutena is a false version of Palutena and a boss in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and was later confirmed.

Fi is the counterpart to Ghirahim, being to Link what Ghirahim essentially is to Demise: a prominent helper, helping the other in achieving their goals, be it either saving the world or dooming it. She's supposed to hint towards Ghirahim being playable.

Finally, the King Kihunter Trophy hints towards Ridley. It's the Little Birdie's (Ridley's infant form's) screech that enrages the King Kihunter and causes it to attack Samus, which consequently causes Samus to kill it. It is then seen devouring the honey left by the King Kihunter, having used Samus' power to kill it for food. This is supposed to hint towards Ridley being a playable character.

Further support for this theory comes from the music played during these quizzes. During the quiz where Tiki was shown, the music "Id~Purpose" from Fire Emblem: Awakening played, which is a theme strongly linked to Robin's character. Robin was later confirmed, alongside Lucina.

The trophy of Fi had Ballad of Goddess, which is remixed with Ghirahim's theme on the Skyloft stage, further hinting towards Ghirahim.

The trophy of Pseudo-Palutena had The Return of Palutena playing. Palutena was later confirmed.

Finally, the trophy of King Kihunter had Ridley's theme from Other M playing. This strongly hints to Ridley.

With the evidence we have and what we have been provided, this theory is looking more and more likely by the day. If it is true, Ridley is extremely likely to appear as a playable character, alongside a Zelda newcomer.

@Con0rrrr Will this do? Took me a while.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
When Ridley will be revealed as a playable character, universe will collapse into itself, then recreate itself so our minds won`t be shattered by Ridley`s mere presence.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So at this point I think there will be two more newcomer trailers, one for August and one in September right before the game comes out in Japan. I think Shulk in August, since he's the most requested newcomer in Japan. And Ridley in September before the release since he's the most requested newcomer in the West and would cause the biggest reaction. I know some say Ridley will be announced in August since it's Metroid's anniversary, but I feel like that's too expected and we all know Sakurai plays with our expectations. But yeah I always thought Ridley had a shot, but now i'm certain he's in. #TooBigTuesday

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
So at this point I think there will be two more newcomer trailers, one for August and one in September right before the game comes out in Japan. I think Shulk in August, since he's the most requested newcomer in Japan. And Ridley in September before the release since he's the most requested newcomer in the West and would cause the biggest reaction. I know some say Ridley will be announced in August since it's Metroid's anniversary, but I feel like that's too expected and we all know Sakurai plays with our expectations. But yeah I always thought Ridley had a shot, but now i'm certain he's in. #TooBigTuesday
That's the point, Ridley is in august because of the whole boss business, we're the few people on the entire interwbes that think something is up with that. Everyone is else "Lol in denial". In August, Ridley coinciding with the Metroid anniversary would blow people away.

D

Deleted member

Now, the Trophy Theory.

During the April Nintendo Direct in 2014, four trophies were displayed. Tiki from Fire Emblem, Fi from The Legend of Zelda, Pseudo-Palutena from Kid Icarus, and King Kihunter from Metroid.

People have speculated these four trophies to hint towards four newcomers from the corresponding series. An example is this outdated image. Since then, Chrom has been disconfirmed while Lucina and Robin are newcomers.

Evidence for this theory comes not only from the confirmed newcomers Robin, Lucina and Palutena, but also from the relationships these trophy characters have to the confirmed and suggested characters.

Tiki is supposed to hint at Lucina and Robin, Pseudo-Palutena at Palutena, Fi at Ghirahim and possibly Demise, and King Kihunter at Ridley.

In Fire Emblem: Awakening, Tiki is a character that knew Marth, and mistakes Lucina for Marth; she is also a character that aids Robin and Lucina throughout the story. Robin and Lucina were later confirmed.

Pseudo-Palutena is a false version of Palutena and a boss in Kid Icarus: Awakening, and was later confirmed.

Fi is the counterpart to Ghirahim, being to Link what Ghirahim essentially is to Demise: a prominent helper, helping the other in achieving their goals, be it either saving the world or dooming it. She's supposed to hint towards Ghirahim being playable.

Finally, the King Kihunter Trophy hints towards Ridley. It's the Little Birdie's (Ridley's infant form's) screech that enrages the King Kihunter and causes it to attack Samus, which consequently causes Samus to kill it. It is then seen devouring the honey left by the King Kihunter, having used Samus' power to kill it for food. This is supposed to hint towards Ridley being a playable character.

Further support for this theory comes from the music played during these quizzes. During the quiz where Tiki was shown, the music "Id~Purpose" from Fire Emblem: Awakening played, which is a theme strongly linked to Robin's character. Robin was later confirmed, alongside Lucina.

The trophy of Fi had Ballad of Goddess, which is remixed with Ghirahim's theme on the Skyloft stage, further hinting towards Ghirahim.

The trophy of Pseudo-Palutena had The Return of Palutena playing. Palutena was later confirmed.

Finally, the trophy of King Kihunter had Ridley's theme from Other M playing. This strongly hints to Ridley.

With the evidence we have and what we have been provided, this theory is looking more and more likely by the day. If it is true, Ridley is extremely likely to appear as a playable character, alongside a Zelda newcomer.

Never heard of Kid Icarus: Awakening, seems like a good game :p

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Never heard of Kid Icarus: Awakening, seems like a good game :p
Being one of the people who's never played a single game in the KI franchise, I couldn't tell you. :laugh: I've heard it's really good, though.

Also, #TooBigTuesday? That's the best hashtag for Ridley I've heard yet.

Edit: At this point, I'm willing to slam my head into my desk.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hoooooly--
I didn't even think of this part.
That's it, I'm going into full-on confidence mode. Ridley is basically confirmed at this point.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
About a playable Ridley, what is more likely as a Final Smash? Transformation or Attack type Final Smash?
For his Final Smash? Either one seems plausible and have equal chance. I would personally go for either Metroid Fusion Ridley... not sure how he would be different though. Or an original Giga designed version maybe? But then again he could also have a similar finisher like Dragoon parts, however he would have a stock of 3 to get kills within a time limit to aim him self. This of course is referencing to one of his moves as a boss in SSBB. There are so many possibilities.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
About a playable Ridley, what is more likely as a Final Smash? Transformation or Attack type Final Smash?
He grows to his real size and wrecks **** while a compilation of haters' posts and videos is shown in the background.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Now, the Trophy Theory.

Pseudo-Palutena is a false version of Palutena and a boss in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and was later confirmed.

I like this, except for Ghirahim.

But hey, at least this is a well-reasoned argument for Ridley.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
“The uploader has not made this video available in your country.”
Thanks Youtube...
Reminds me of the first English trailer for KlK, saying for All countries ither than Japan EUROPE IS NOT JAPAN!!

I have the mental image of Ridley wearing Senketsu...Dear Ridley, how did my life go this far in stupidity without any casualties?

Top Bottom