• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Ridley is the most controversial and highly requested 1st party character, I see Ridley being revealed at August as well. I don't get why people think Sakurai would try and sweep him under the rug with all the teasing and hyping he's done, it's completely counter-productive and a waste of a chance to create hype for the game.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that,assuming Ridley makes it and gets a trailer, Sakurai is gonna play it out to make Ridley appear as a stage boss to get our hopes down.

Villain trailer Idea: Samus is on Pyroshpere, trying to take on Ganon and Wario. Ridley dashes through the battle. Samus Dodges, but Ridley ends up knocking Wario off the stage. Samus and Ganon continue to fight it out as Ridley shoots fire from the air onto the arena. Having trouble with Ganon, Samus finally fires a FS in attempt to completely vaporize him. It's about to hit him, but suddenly the beam stops at a powerful, invisible force. Mewtwo floats over to the battle, and "Mewtwo Strikes Back" appears. Mewtwo has his spotlight scenes. Screen fades to black. Back to the cutscene, Samus is on the ground, at the mercy of Ganon and Mewtwo, when the two are caught by surprise and Ridley viciously knocks them away. He heavily lands on the stage, walks towards Samus, and roars. "Ridley Sizes Down!". Then Ridley gets his spotlight scenes.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I have a feeling that,assuming Ridley makes it and gets a trailer, Sakurai is gonna play it out to make Ridley appear as a stage boss to get our hopes down.

Villain trailer Idea: Samus is on Pyroshpere, trying to take on Ganon and Wario. Ridley dashes through the battle. Samus Dodges, but Ridley ends up knocking Wario off the stage. Samus and Ganon continue to fight it out as Ridley shoots fire from the air onto the arena. Having trouble with Ganon, Samus finally fires a FS in attempt to completely vaporize him. It's about to hit him, but suddenly the beam stops at a powerful, invisible force. Mewtwo floats over to the battle, and "Mewtwo Strikes Back" appears. Mewtwo has his spotlight scenes. Screen fades to black. Back to the cutscene, Samus is on the ground, at the mercy of Ganon and Mewtwo, when the two are caught by surprise and Ridley viciously knocks them away. He heavily lands on the stage, walks towards Samus, and roars. "Ridley Fits Right In!". Then Ridley gets his spotlight scenes.
Fixed

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If there is a Ridley trailer, we won't see him at the beginning guys. I can see him hidding in the shadows, and attacking from the sky. And the hovering thing will probably be one of his speciality, more than Peach's. I hope so.
Wait, Sakurai said all newcomers would get trailer ? Is it true guys ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope Ridley gets a trailer just for Shokio's and other detractor's reaction, if he is secret, there will be tons of people claiming the leaks are fake

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y...yes... they were... except third parties.
That still counts though

Okay, but technically Lucina didn't get her own trailer. Besides I'm pretty sure he said most characters but I could be wrong.
I believe those two characters are unlocked at the same time, but I could be wrong, and besides, she shared the spotlight with Robin

Last edited by a moderator:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I think the FE characters were paired with C.Falcon because...Falchion :)
As for the rest of the character trailers, I can see Ness being paired with Shulk as like Japanese RPG characters. And jigglypuff being paired with Chorus Men who both can sing. As for Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, they will have all their trailers with the protagonist of their series..that's really all I can think of for now
I think falcon was shown because of the requests. Don't you know how many people that were asking for him after e3. It was insane.

That alone convinced me that Ridley will be playable cause Sakurao really is listining. I mean look at the Lucina/alt discussion. I am truelly impressed.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If they are unlockables, then not all revealed characters are starters, that is what I'm saying
Oh I see. So you suggest that newcomers we saw may become unlockables ?
I can agree with that. But if that's the case, knowing Sakurai has at most 3 trailers left (we are close to the end of trailers), we won't have many more newcomers. And I would be sad knowing all newcomers before release.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I can agree with that. But if that's the case, knowing Sakurai has at most 3 trailers left (we are close to the end of trailers), we won't have many more newcomers. And I would be sad knowing all newcomers before release.
We know he has atleast 1 trailer left, we don't know how many at most there are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At most? That is only if we get multiple newcomers in a video again, which seems likely. I doubt that we will have 3 as a maximum, I think 6 would be a good amount

Shog

Smash Ace
My hopes are up again thanks to Captian Falcon and all the boring Fire Emblem characters except the white haired mages(?)

Last edited:

CorruptedMotives

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rootbeer
3DS FC
1118-0220-9529
I really hope Ridley gets a trailer just for Shokio's and other detractor's reaction, if he is secret, there will be tons of people claiming the leaks are fake
Yeah, agreed. I don't really mind that people don't think Ridley is realistic, but "he's too big" doesn't make much of an argument.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
We know he has atleast 1 trailer left, we don't know how many at most there are.
Ivwent with three, since there are three months between now and the game's launch. If he shows us a video every 15 days it's enough to keep the hype without killing the game. Three is my opinion tho. Since I'm pessimistic I'll go with one of those three being Shulk and the other being a Rythm Heaven character. Ridley could be the last one...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
idk. 3 more trailers seems a lot to me. I see one in August, one right before the game releases in september max, min just one more in august.

Those + whatever hidden newcomers + returning cast is gonna be 50 or 51 characters total.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I for one would really like to see Ridley announced alongside Ganondorf, if they do it the same way they did with Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ganondorf vs Ridley in Ridley's trailer, with Ganondorf using his FS and transforming into Beast Ganon would be GLORIOUS. The duel between two of Nintendo evilest characters, both in bestial forms.

Nway, Ridley not having a trailer while the likes of Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer had their own ones would be a huge bummer to me. So far Villager is the only character without a trailer, but that is because s/he was part of the announcement video. There is no reason to not give Ridley his own trailer.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So we have ;

35 veterans (let's say it) taking slots.
On the website, we have 11 newcomers taking slots ;
We are at 46 slots.
Now two trailers left with one newcomer only each ; we end at 48.
Maybe we won't get more than three newcomers. If it's 51, we have five newcomers left, two with trailers, maybe three.
It's still not enough. :-[

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ganondorf vs Ridley in Ridley's trailer, with Ganondorf using his FS and transforming into Beast Ganon would be GLORIOUS. The duel between two of Nintendo evilest characters, both in bestial forms.

Nway, Ridley not having a trailer while the likes of Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer had their own ones would be a huge bummer to me. So far Villager is the only character without a trailer, but that is because s/he was part of the announcement video. There is no reason to not give Ridley his own trailer.
Eh, I thought him getting the letter was enough of a trailer. He's one of my favorite newcomers, don't get me wrong, but that's all he really needed. I think they did him justice.

Also beast ganon vs Ridley would be hype.

So we have ;

35 veterans (let's say it) taking slots.
On the website, we have 11 newcomers taking slots ;
We are at 46 slots.
Now two trailers left with one newcomer only each ; we end at 48.
Maybe we won't get more than three newcomers. If it's 51, we have five newcomers left, two with trailers, maybe three.
It's still not enough. :-[
Brawl had 39 characters counting all transformations and stuff. Assuming 3 cuts (ivy squirtle snake ) that puts us to 36 vet slots.
add mewtwo that's 37
add the 11 characters on the website that's 48

add 1 more newcomer before the game comes out that's 49

add 2 or 3 secret newcomers (3 were in brawl) that's 51 or 52

happy?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd just like to shamelessly plug my Meta Ridley campaign again.

(Also, can someone who has Prime 3's Meta Ridley model try to recreate the size difference? Note: NOT Omega Ridley.)

In Meta We Trust!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'd just like to shamelessly plug my Meta Ridley campaign again.

(Also, can someone who has Prime 3's Meta Ridley model try to recreate the size difference? Note: NOT Omega Ridley.)

In Meta We Trust!
...That gif is of Omega Ridley, last time I checked
Anyway, Meta Ridley is a must if Ridley gets alt costumes.

D

Deleted member

...That gif is of Omega Ridley, last time I checked
Anyway, Meta Ridley is a must if Ridley gets alt costumes.
You checked wrong.

That's beta footage of the fight on the Pirate Homeworld. Using the model of Meta Ridley.
Before Omega Ridley was conceptualized.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright.

I think I've got links to most everyone's requests for the OP (yes Phaazoid even Oasis is a goober)

I'm not writing stuff myself though. I got some requests for some of you people talented at wording things. I need someone to make (or link me to) an up to date version of the trophy theory after Lucina and Robin's reveal. I also need someone to make a post about Chrom's outright deconfirm with sources.

I also am awaiting @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's updated Shadow analysis with Megaman and a few touch ups.

IF all goes well, I should be able to have it done tonight

Reila

Eh, I thought him getting the letter was enough of a trailer. He's one of my favorite newcomers, don't get me wrong, but that's all he really needed. I think they did him justice.

Also beast ganon vs Ridley would be hype.
I am not really complaining about Villager not getting a trailer. :p

Anyways, have you guys decided who will make the "mandatory" threads when Ridley is confirmed? Like the "I was wrong" thread, the "Will you main Ridley?" thread, etc. I want to make the "Will you main Ridley" one :p

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Alright.

I think I've got links to most everyone's requests for the OP (yes Phaazoid even Oasis is a goober)

I'm not writing stuff myself though. I got some requests for some of you people talented at wording things. I need someone to make (or link me to) an up to date version of the trophy theory after Lucina and Robin's reveal. I also need someone to make a post about Chrom's outright deconfirm with sources.

I also am awaiting @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's updated Shadow analysis with Megaman and a few touch ups.

IF all goes well, I should be able to have it done tonight
Funny, you joined a few days before the direct, and I joined a few days after. Yay for those few weeks of doubt.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I am not really complaining about Villager not getting a trailer. :p

Anyways, have you guys decided who will make the "mandatory" threads when Ridley is confirmed? Like the "I was wrong" thread, the "Will you main Ridley?" thread, etc. I want to make the "Will you main Ridley" one :p
Rogerbase and Jerryapplesauce will make the threads, Nin10doultra and Shokio will make rant vidoes about him.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Funny, you joined a few days before the direct, and I joined a few days after. Yay for those few weeks of doubt.
Lol I had an old Smashboards account back a long time ago. Forgot that name. And I lurked here since 2012ish. But yeah I see you lol

Reila

Rogerbase and Jerryapplesauce will make the threads, Nin10doultra and Shokio will make rant vidoes about him.
I am sorry, but who? I am here for months but I don't remember neither of these two usernames :c

That is a bummer, I love creating the "Will you main character x?" threads.

Top Bottom