• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It'd be so boss if it revealed King K Rool and Ridley and reintroduced Ganondorf and Mewtwo.
Your SSB4 Roster is perfect to me.

Anyways, what would be the best way to reveal Ridley? Just ruthlessly tearing opponents apart?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the best way Ridley could be revealed is him being angry about not being allowed to fight the playable roster and Samus mocking him, suddenly, newcomer shows up with two letters and gives one to Ridley, Samus freezes, Ridley reads the letter and grins. RIDLEY MAKES A BIG ENTRANCE(or something else size-related) 2 seconds later he charges at Samus.

Villians trailer coulb work out like this aswell

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I know some of you are knocking the "leak" saying you can't use the Wii U tablet with the 3DS. Well yeah, the playable boss mode was specifically stated to be Wii U exclusive. The weird guy did say 12 playable bosses, maybe you can play as the Yellow Devil, maybe you can't. I wouldn't write it off just yet since he brought up Gametsu being wrong about Chrom and Lucina being the actual character. It's just something to keep in mind and considering everything we know so far it makes a lot of sense to me as sad as it is to say that.

Oh and Sakurai did say they won't use the gamepad, he also said he wouldn't balance the characters himself and went back on his word stating why.
What would you do as the Yellow Devil? Shoot inaccurate laser balls every few seconds? Sounds fun.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With Gematsu dead, you guys really have gotten a breath of fresh air, eh?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I forgot to mention yesterday

I feel like this fits the scenario yesterday.

Sauron = Sal Gemusato + the leak

Don't know how to arrange the 2 but Sam and Frodo = Robin and Lucina

(no Captain falcon is not Gollum in this scenario hes either Gandalf or Aragon.)

PS definatly posting again if or morely When ridley is playable, because its fits for that moment too.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Till people start latching onto another supposed leak at least, but it is a breath of fresh air for now

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly I've always felt gematsu didn't effect Ridley. We already knew Ridley was in the game, Gematsu didn't dictate a total character count.

The question has always been about Sakurai's trolling.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Honestly I've always felt gematsu didn't effect Ridley. We already knew Ridley was in the game, Gematsu didn't dictate a total character count.

The question has always been about Sakurai's trolling.
Its morely like 50+ is almost a lock and so plenty of room for ridley if playable.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Samus fighting Bowser then Ridley shows up to destroy butts.

Also thank you :'D
No problem I call them as I see them.

Say goodbye to King Dedede's butt then. I am not sure how Ridley likes his Penguins though.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Its more like 50+ is almost a lock and so plenty of room for ridley if playable.
Eh, not having gematsu doesn't effect the total roster size. Even with gematsu I was hoping for ~51. That hasn't changed. I guess freeing up two slots that I didn't love from necessary inclusion does free up more room, though.

D

Deleted member

I think Robin's trailer is like this:
Lucina=those afraid of the leak
C.Falcon=The leak(the writer of fate)
Chrom=The one chosen by the leak
Robin=the savior and hope of those that fear the leak("Everything is goint to be alright")

As for Ridley, I would love to see him talking just like Robin or Pale tuna, I believe we're getting Ganondorf in his trailer along Mew2/K. Rool, a Metroid Prime 4 fake-out would be great too

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think Robin's trailer is like this:
Lucina=those afraid of the leak
C.Falcon=The leak(the writer of fate)
Chrom=The one chosen by the leak
Robin=the savior and hope of those that fear the leak("Everything is goint to be alright")

As for Ridley, I would love to see him talking just like Robin or Pale tuna, I believe we're getting Ganondorf in his trailer along Mew2/K. Rool, a Metroid Prime 4 fake-out would be great too
Falcon isn't the leak. Falcon is the great slayer; as foretold by legend. Falcon punched Chrom out of the roster and the leak to death.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

Looks like Gematsu is not 100% dead yet. It looks like this guy knew Lucina was in instead of Chrom, and Marshall instead of Chorus Kids. But it doesn't explain why he missed Robin yesterday. Still interesting tho.
No. Stop. You haven't learned anything

There are 2 million leaks made every hour. With that many leaks, eventually, one or two of them will guess some stuff right. They are still all wrong.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, I'm a playtester. I'm not supposed to tell you this, but... Shulk is the stage boss on the Pyroshphere, Chorus Kids are the replacement for Mewtwo, and Ridley is a boss on the pyrosphere gosh dangit! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND LOGIC?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
(was posting when the site went down again)

I suppose I should just give up trying to catch up with this darn thread. At this rate we're gonna hit 2000 not even a tenth of the time it took to get to 1000...

In any case, I want to make a prediction.

Prediction: We've yet to see Falco appear as a returning veteran... because he's part of the Ridley trailer.

I want to believe it's gonna happen. Not that a veteran has to be in a newcomer video, but this seems to be a thing. And we don't have as much time as before to space things out and plug other newcomers in.

Also, Falco and the others are space dwellers, so why not they interact with Samus, and in turn they interact with Ridley.

Also the trailer will be created by the same guys that worked on Metroid: Other M. Forgot the name of the company (it's not Team Ninja).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I suppose I should just give up trying to catch up with this darn thread. At this rate we're gonna hit 2000 not even a tenth of the time it took to get to 1000...

Prediction: We've yet to see Falco appear as a returning veteran... because he's part of the Ridley trailer.

I want to believe it's gonna happen. Not that a veteran has to be in a newcomer video, but this seems to be a thing. And we don't have as much time as before to space things out and plug other newcomers in.

Also, Falco and the others are space dwellers, so why not they interact with Samus, and in turn they interact with Ridley.

Also the trailer will be created by the same guys that worked on Metroid: Other M. Forgot the name of the company (it's not Team Ninja).
I had the same prediction but with meta-knight and Ridley

Meta Knight also travels through space, also is winged, but is also a villain (ish)

Could be cool.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

I doubt we will get a trailer for Ridley. He will probably be unlockable.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Ups double post. Well, if Ridley is in a trailer... I doubt it'll be a villain one. He deserves his own trailer.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Ah yes. I can already see it in my mind.
The Starfox team soars through the sky. Acrobatics ensue because everyone is a showoff. Then suddenly, alarm or something. Peppy utters some of his famous words, "Falco, you've got an enemy on your tail!". Falco is just about to berate Peppy for recycling lines when suddenly PLASMA EVERYWHERE CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE RIDLEY TRAIN.
And, the trailer being made by the guys that made Metroid: Other M, Falco inexplicably proceeds to suffer from ill-timed self-reflections and flashbacks, two things you don't really want while being chased by a space dragon (possibly on steroids) with pepper breath.

Top Bottom