• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well I mean...

That's the most beautiful wall of text I ever got to rid. Kudos to you, man.

I said Bionis, not Shulk.

Actually, I think Ridley would fit better as Metal Face and Samus being Shulk.

I would explain further why I say that, but I fear I'd spoil Xenoblade's plot for you if I did...
I know! I thought it was common knowledge that Ridley was too small according to the haters and saying sizing up is too hard, yet Olimar was sized down

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Even thought Masahiro Unpredictable is developing the game. I'm expecting Shulk. But I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't Shulk, and Ridley would be a great great great treat.
I'm expecting Shulk too, but I thought you said it was "hilarious how many people were buying into the Shulk theory." Why the change of heart all of a sudden?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
There's got to be a boss hazard on Pyrosphere, Metroid's boss battles are one of the high points of the series and it's one of the most fitting Nintendo franchises to have a boss appear on its level.
Hey Jackal. I really don't think Pyrosphere has a boss hazard, honestly. if we assume Ridley is playable, which, at this point, seems pretty likely, who would fill in the role on Pyroshere? another boss from the area? neither Vorosh or Goyagma are all that iconic, nor do I think either would actually work well, given the layout of the stage and their nature, both of them having their fights with them being partially submerged in Lava (I.E. an area people would normally avoid anyways. there would literally be nothing different with their presence.)

However, I think it's very possible that there is another Metroid stage, (if I had to take a guess, something from Prime 3), and if that's the case, there could very well be a Metroid boss appearing on that stage.

Last edited:

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Hey Jackal. I really don't think Pyrosphere has a boss hazard, honestly. if we assume Ridley is playable, which, at this point, seems pretty likely, who would fill in the role on Pyroshere? another boss from the area? neither Vorosh or Goyagma are all that iconic, nor do I think either would actually work well, given the layout of the stage and their nature.

However, I think it's very possible that there is another Metroid stage, (if I had to take a guess, something from Prime 3), and if that's the case, there could very well be a Metroid boss appearing on that stage.
Sup! How are you?

There's a number of things they COULD do. The platforms on the stage could disappear when the boss comes out, and it could potentially be a different style of boss than the Yellow Devil entirely; maybe Kraid in the background, and you damage his hands or jump to hit a specific point on his head to deal damage?

I really have no idea what they would do since the possibilities are endless and I've been pretty useless at predicting the ideas Sakurai's got in his head so far, but I have a hard time believing that all the teasing he's been doing regarding Pyrosphere that there won't be a boss...it just seems like that would be the end result of his trolling so far; Ridley comes out onto the stage, everybody thinks he's the boss, but then something else appears and Ridley starts fighting it.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm expecting Shulk too, but I thought you said it was "hilarious how many people were buying into the Shulk theory." Why the change of heart all of a sudden?
Because of Masahiro Unpredictable. You can't predict him, so I'm expecting something that is expected so that the unexpected happens.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Like I said before, I'm guessing Shulk will be revealed tomorrow. To me, he seems to be the one to generate the most hype out of the remaining 3 Gematsu characters, so it would make sense for him to be shown. However, if by some chance that none of those characters are revealed tomorrow, the only other character that would get this type of hype would be Ridley.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Sup! How are you?

There's a number of things they COULD do. The platforms on the stage could disappear when the boss comes out, and it could potentially be a different style of boss than the Yellow Devil entirely; maybe Kraid in the background, and you damage his hands or jump to hit a specific point on his head to deal damage?

I really have no idea what they would do since the possibilities are endless and I've been pretty useless at predicting the ideas Sakurai's got in his head so far, but I have a hard time believing that all the teasing he's been doing regarding Pyrosphere that there won't be a boss...it just seems like that would be the end result of his trolling so far; Ridley comes out onto the stage, everybody thinks he's the boss, but then something else appears and Ridley starts fighting it.
I'm Fine-ish.....I'm bored, and I got burned badly by a hot pan of Pastries earlier , but other than that, I'm Fine.

I don't nessicarly think Sakurai's hyping PYROSPHERE per-se, but merely using it as a vessel to create a slow, ominous buildup for Ridley. that's how I interoperate, anyways. as much as I'd LOVE to see Kraid in HD, I don't have much hope for a Kraid Hazard on Pyrosphere, merely because Kraid has never shown up in a lava-arena, much less in Pyrosphere,

You've been decent in your predictions. You got the Wii Fit Trainer, after all! and I love how we're getting a diverse roster of Nintendo enemies in Smash Run, although I'm saddened that we have yet to see any enemies from Fire Emblem. even if they didn't want to use normal enemy units, there's still the Risen they could use! Why does Rhythm Heaven get an enemy before Fire Emblem?!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I ocassionally stalk the Shulk thread, I don't care for Xenoblade (Ridley flame shields activated) or Shulk, but I can see why people like him so much.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
For funsies, I scaled Trailerly based on the assumption that baby Samus inexplicably came up to her adult counterpart's knee.

D

Deleted member

I'm Fine-ish.....I'm bored, and I got burned badly by a hot pan of Pastries earlier , but other than that, I'm Fine.

I don't nessicarly think Sakurai's hyping PYROSPHERE per-se, but merely using it as a vessel to create a slow, ominous buildup for Ridley. that's how I interoperate, anyways. as much as I'd LOVE to see Kraid in HD, I don't have much hope for a Kraid Hazard on Pyrosphere, merely because Kraid has never shown up in a lava-arena, much less in Pyrosphere,

You've been decent in your predictions. You got the Wii Fit Trainer, after all! and I love how we're getting a diverse roster of Nintendo enemies in Smash Run, although I'm saddened that we have yet to see any enemies from Fire Emblem. even if they didn't want to use normal enemy units, there's still the Risen they could use! Why does Rhythm Heaven get an enemy before Fire Emblem?!
Wait, someone predicted WFT? Could someone explain this to me?

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92

Burning yourself is not an adequate solution for boredom.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't really be canon to have Kraid there, but...given what they've done with Kraid in Smash before, and the disregard for canon they've already shown (with Zelda's Phantom Slash, for example), I wouldn't find it too jarring if it happened. It's just one of the easiest ones for me to think of spur of the moment.

I didn't even remember that I had said that thing about the Wii Fit Trainer. When I got into the Lagfest chat, Stelios and SamOxnar were telling me I'd predicted her and I had no idea what they were talking about :p

Yeah, if they want to avoid humanoid FE enemies, there's a whole host of enemies from Sacred Stones they could use, not to mention the dragons or other laguz.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I ocassionally stalk the Shulk thread, I don't care for Xenoblade (Ridley flame shields activated) or Shulk, but I can see why people like him so much.
Only other character thread I keep an eye on ( and want to be in) at the moment apart from this one is Vaati, but his chances aren't that great imo.

[collapse=For people who don't know who he is]

Also his form on the left reminds me of 0²[/collapse]

Look behind Chrom.
That ain't Falco.
Falco needs to move to the front of the veteran line already

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Monday's PotD could explain everything.
Because remember the SSB4 Direct?
Sakurai is a Sly Dog.
Anything could happen.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The PoTD would most likely be a reminder for the video, but hey, that's just a theory A RIDLEY THEORY
Das what they did for the SSB4 Direct, yet he still hinted at what would come in a single picture.
|:3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Masahiro "Unpredictable" Sakurai was predictable to some during the SSB4 Direct PotD.
And what's ironic is I was the first to catch on to the Pikachu and 3 Crates thing.
;)

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jackal. I really don't think Pyrosphere has a boss hazard, honestly. if we assume Ridley is playable, which, at this point, seems pretty likely, who would fill in the role on Pyroshere? another boss from the area? neither Vorosh or Goyagma are all that iconic, nor do I think either would actually work well, given the layout of the stage and their nature, both of them having their fights with them being partially submerged in Lava (I.E. an area people would normally avoid anyways. there would literally be nothing different with their presence.)

Yeah you're probably right, like if its gonna be a boss stage, then itll most likely be a stage either based on the leviathans and their bosses or the final aurora unit battle on phaaze

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Burning yourself is not an adequate solution for boredom.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't really be canon to have Kraid there, but...given what they've done with Kraid in Smash before, and the disregard for canon they've already shown (with Zelda's Phantom Slash, for example), I wouldn't find it too jarring if it happened. It's just one of the easiest ones for me to think of spur of the moment.

I didn't even remember that I had said that thing about the Wii Fit Trainer. When I got into the Lagfest chat, Stelios and SamOxnar were telling me I'd predicted her and I had no idea what they were talking about :p

Yeah, if they want to avoid humanoid FE enemies, there's a whole host of enemies from Sacred Stones they could use, not to mention the dragons or other laguz.
I WASN'T TRYING! If I was trying to pass the time till Monday, I'd be spending my time reading up on Hyrule Warriors, eating Ghram Crackers and Marshmellows, Watching Harry Potter/ Bleach/ Samurai Jack/ Invader Zim, and Talking to people online!

*Cue your version of the Poke'mon theme song*

also, after my time spent with Nowi and Nah, I don't think I could bring myself to kill another dragon. you know, besides Ridley, 'cause he's an Asshole.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I WASN'T TRYING! If I was trying to pass the time till Monday, I'd be spending my time reading up on Hyrule Warriors, eating Ghram Crackers and Marshmellows, Watching Harry Potter/ Bleach/ Samurai Jack/ Invader Zim, and Talking to people online!

*Cue your version of the Poke'mon theme song*

also, after my time spent with Nowi and Nah, I don't think I could bring myself to kill another dragon. you know, besides Ridley, 'cause he's an *******.
HYRULE WARRIORS SO HYPE

Hyrule Warriors is just Smash Brothers for Zelda fans.

Also, I completely forgot about that song. I'm tempted to go listen to it for the first time in years, but terrified of cringe.

Nowi made me want to kill every single dragon.

Wait, someone predicted WFT? Could someone explain this to me?
I don't think the video's online anymore, but during a roster critique I offhandedly mentioned WFT being in SSB4.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Let me guess, you didn't believe the Gematsu leak because of that
Nah, it didn't affect Gematsu at all. I think Gematsu's accurate, but not complete. For example, I think it's likely the Chorus Men are assists, and that there are other characters to be revealed that he didn't know about.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Nah, it didn't affect Gematsu at all. I think Gematsu's accurate, but not complete. For example, I think it's likely the Chorus Men are assists, and that there are other characters to be revealed that he didn't know about.
I dunno man, the Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash run definitely suggest a character.

Is there anything to suggest they're assists?

Last edited:
Top Bottom