• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
HYRULE WARRIORS SO HYPE

Hyrule Warriors is just Smash Brothers for Zelda fans.

Also, I completely forgot about that song. I'm tempted to go listen to it for the first time in years, but terrified of cringe.

Nowi made me want to kill every single dragon.

I don't think the video's online anymore, but during a roster critique I offhandedly mentioned WFT being in SSB4.
Nowi's Adorable! She's also my most Powerful unit, thanks to second seal abuse....

Hyrule Warriors is amazing. I'm not even that much of a Zelda fan and that game surpassed Smash Wii U in terms of which I must Buy First when I get a Wii U! Apparently Ganondorf is twisting Space-Time to bring all these Stages and Characters Together? and the Character choices are great so far! never saw Agitha coming. hope Daphnes is playable!

Oh, um...I suppose we oughta talk somewhere else. this conversation is really having nothing to do with Ridley anymore, and I don't think the mods would appreciate that very much...

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I dunno man, the Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash run definitely suggest a character.

Is there anything to suggest they're assists?
I just think the nature of their character is much more assist than playable. If there was a playable character from Rhythm Heaven, I think there are several better choices, and the leak guy just doesn't know about them.

Also RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY I AM ON TOPIC

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Please explain what the three crates thing was. Thanks.
On the day of the SSB4 Direct, there was a Pic of the day.
We got :4pikachu: on a Normal Crate, a Future Crate beside it, and a Present Crate beside that.
I predicted a Pokemon Veteran, a Newcomer of any kind, and a Suprise (my guess was a release window)
In the SSB4 Direct, we got a Pokemon Veteran (:4charizard:), a Newcomer(:4greninja:), and the Release Windows/Smash Run as a Suprise.
I predicted the Un-predictable.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
He actualy didnt predict her per se. He postes his predictions AFTER WFT GOT ANNOUNCED. I could come up with a list as well after random x gets announced and be like: 'oh that character was on my list!' ' my leak is legit see?!?!?'
Gematsu is fake and always has been.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nah, it didn't affect Gematsu at all. I think Gematsu's accurate, but not complete. For example, I think it's likely the Chorus Men are assists, and that there are other characters to be revealed that he didn't know about.
The accuracy of the Gematsu Leak is definitely questionable. It's outdated, and it already has been less than accurate with stuff like "Pokemon from X and Y" and referring to the Miis as just Miis up until right before they were revealed. So while the leak makes all of the listed characters far more likely than before, I think there's still a possibility that something happened to those characters during the development process. And of course, since the information is outdated, it's very possible that characters were added after the leaker got his information.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I dunno man, the Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash run definitely suggest a character.

Is there anything to suggest they're assists?
A Pilotwings stage and symbol without a Pilotwings representative.

There are a ton of franchises to pull enemies from without needing a representative character. Not that I don't think a Rhythm Heaven character is in, I just don't think the Chorus Kids are repping the series.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Woah dude, this guy above gets it.

It's totally possible for changes to have been made to the roster.

Mind blowing, right?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Aware the hype is making most of us antsy, but keep the discussion on topic/redirect everything else to the Social thread, guys.

This would be a pretty awkward time to lock the thread for spam. Especially since we're usually such stand-up and articulate members-

Also RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY I AM ON TOPIC

RIDLEY THREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
The accuracy of the Gematsu Leak is definitely questionable. It's outdated, and it already has been less than accurate with stuff like "Pokemon from X and Y" and referring to the Miis as just Miis up until right before they were revealed. So while the leak makes all of the listed characters far more likely than before, I think there's still a possibility that something happened to those characters during the development process. And of course, since the information is outdated, it's very possible that characters were added after the leaker got his information.
Yeah. I think it's likely that he DOES have some information. I just don't think he has it all. That's why I still support Ridley, I think the reason Ridley isn't in Gematsu is because he was too sensitive to leak.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Woah...people take this Ridley business to heart levels. Woah there.

Oh yeah, first post too.
Welcome. And normally it's not this intense, it's only when trolls enter the thread and don't contribute anything constructive, just them showing plain stupidity.

Normally we Ridley fans here all chill, and sometimes posting Ridley art :3

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Aware the hype is making most of us antsy, but keep the discussion on topic/redirect everything else to the Social thread, guys.

This would be a pretty awkward time to lock the thread for spam. Especially since we're usually such stand-up and articulate members-

RIDLEY THREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
My apologies, sir. Got carried away.

Y'know, when it comes to Ridley being both a stage hazard and a playable character, it still makes me cringe a little. I think having a Ridley fighting a Ridley would be disorienting for the player. Would the best response in that case be having Ridley replaced with something else, or not having Ridley as the stage hazard in the first place?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Y'know, when it comes to Ridley being both a stage hazard and a playable character, it still makes me cringe a little. I think having a Ridley fighting a Ridley would be disorienting for the player. Would the best response in that case be having Ridley replaced with something else, or not having Ridley as the stage hazard in the first place?
IsmaR is a woman

Exegguter

Smash Lord
It would been different if he said: ''watch WFT will get announced'' and she would actually be announced. Same for villager. It was posted AFTER E3 so ''animal crossing dude'' and WFT were not valid predictions :)

Edit: nothing to do with Ridley so I'll get on topic haha

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It would been different if he said: ''watch WFT will get announced'' and she would actually be announced. Same for villager. It was posted AFTER E3 so ''animal crossing dude'' and WFT were not valid predictions :)
That and that it says that there is an internal debate on wether to keep Lucus or Ness. That one line disproves the entire leak due to the fact that Unpredictable stated that the roster was decided before devolpment.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I just think Ridley is one or the other, and at this point, I'm leaning towards him being playable. It just seems like the evidence we've seen so far points towards his playability, apart from him being hinted as a boss, which itself is also highly suspect.

I wonder if one of these days we'll look back and think how obvious this all was in retrospect...

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Welcome. And normally it's not this intense, it's only when trolls enter the thread and don't contribute anything constructive, just them showing plain stupidity.

Normally we Ridley fans here all chill, and sometimes posting Ridley art :3
Eh, I wouldn't consider people who disagree to be "trolls," and from what I've read I haven't seen any, but thanks for the welcome.

As for me I'd rather see a Zebesian or Space Pirate be playable, and have them call in Ridley for Final Smash.

But it looks like that won't be the case. Boss or playable seems to be what Ridley's going to be.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I just think Ridley is one or the other, and at this point, I'm leaning towards him being playable. It just seems like the evidence we've seen so far points towards his playability, apart from him being hinted as a boss, which itself is also highly suspect.

I wonder if one of these days we'll look back and think how obvious this all was in retrospect...
Honestly, the way the 'boss' reveal was done in the Direct screamed nothing but playable to me. I did a whole video about it, but it's really rambly.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, the way the 'boss' reveal was done in the Direct screamed nothing but playable to me. I did a whole video about it, but it's really rambly.
Oh, really? I actually used to watch a lot of the videos you and Pizzadudemanguy made, but I must not have seen that one. Do you have a link, perhaps?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Eh, I wouldn't consider people who disagree to be "trolls," and from what I've read I haven't seen any, but thanks for the welcome.

As for me I'd rather see a Zebesian or Space Pirate be playable, and have them call in Ridley for Final Smash.

But it looks like that won't be the case. Boss or playable seems to be what Ridley's going to be.
*groan*

That would be like having Koopa Troopa as a playable character, and Bowser was his Final Smash.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Oh, really? I actually used to watch a lot of the videos you and Pizzadudemanguy made, but I must not have seen that one. Do you have a link, perhaps?
Yeah...I think YouTube stopped letting my videos get around when they made their algorithm changes a few months back. What was your username?

Video's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqZ8WUOI9c

Not one of my better ones, I rambled a bit and was running out to work so it was a bit rushed...eh.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
He actualy didnt predict her per se. He postes his predictions AFTER WFT GOT ANNOUNCED. I could come up with a list as well after random x gets announced and be like: 'oh that character was on my list!' ' my leak is legit see?!?!?'
You're kidding me, right? The original leak (WFT, Megaman, Pacman, miis, Mac, and villager) was before any newcomers were announced... The second leak was a while after and they added the others.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

I wouldn't say every person who disagree with us is a troll, just the ones that enter a thread with purpose of not bothering to contribute properly, being hateful, and just saying "you're wrong, you're in denial". As long as someone who disagrees with us actually gives a constructive and good argument to add to the discussion, I wouldn't mind. But so far, they haven't.

Edit: Announcement today (it's now Monday here in the UK), so basically: expect Shulk, hope for Ridley.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kinda like this?
~The Scale Picture~
"Arah-rah-rah-rah I'ma eat you Samus."
"Nou I'ma shoot you with my pew-pew gun."
"Not if I eat you first >:U"
"Not if I shoot you first >:C"
Mario: "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?"

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
What do you bet, if Ridley's playable he's gonna be a twig, haha.

I'd prefer if they make his appearance an amalgamation of all iterations of himself. That would be the coolest thing ever. I don't know how I'd go about it but it's not impossible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom