• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Hong

The Strongest
By now, I think if Ridley is a playable character, he'll be an unlockable hidden character. But if he is reveled on Monday, I can't wait to see all the chaos on internet.
It's hard to imagine a bigger waste of hype.:054:

That is to say, the hype of what people will find after the game is already out is going to be way smaller than anything Ridley can do pre-release. Will certainly make headlines, but even less than he would prior.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to imagine a bigger waste of hype.:054:

That is to say, the hype of what people will find after the game is already out is going to be way smaller than anything Ridley can do pre-release. Will certainly make headlines, but even less than he would prior.
Yeah, I know that. But we're talking about Nintendo who thought that reveling Pacman at a roundtable conference was a better idea than reveal him at the invitational. And lets not forget about the Cranky Kong incident at the VGX.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
'and as in brawl they were clones'

R.O.B. a clone? Of who? Samus? Because they're both metal?

Besides what does that even have to do with supporting this character? Even If someone's requesting Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, who's chances are -1000, I won't go to their thread and say: '' oh scorpion is NEVER going to be in smash lololol"

"oh Scorpion would be a falcon clone since they both attack with fire!''

For what? What would those posts add in the support of a certain character?

No point of having you on ignore when everyone is quoting you smh. Seriously I'm never that rude but you're ****ing annoying. This isn't the first time you've come here spreading negativity in this thread with idiotic arguments. Just leave. The vibe is good here everyone is waiting for tomorrow's announcement (whether it's ridley/shulk/chrom/k rool or w.e.) but all you have to say is negative bull**** about this character in a support thread. If you want to doubt his chances and would like to discuss it THAT bad go to the 'rate their chances' thread.

And cut the crap with 'you guys are attracting anti-Ridley people in here''. I'm tired of this nonsense. Why can't we just support a character, discuss movesets/trailers/stages/biography/w.e. about a character we'd love to see in the next smash WITHOUT HAVING TO DEFEND OURSELF ABOUT HIS CHANCES OF GETTING IN EVERY GODDAMN PAGE.

/.end build up frustration <3
This isn't just a support thread. It's the de facto Ridley topic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I saw this on Reddit and thought it should be mentioned here. Some guy got a Super Mushroom item while fighting the Ridley boss in the Brawl adventure mode. The size of Ridley looks pretty plausible in this picture if we say that Samus is her normal size.

Wait second so brawl ridley size was just 2 samus's all along

With my shadow points and this im confident now. (But not getting my hopes up for monday though.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Making the most requested character in the west a secret/unlockable would be a decision I could see Nintendo making.

I love the company, but they love making the weirdest decisions.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've actually had screenshots of this (in various angles) since before SSB4 got announced, but my SD card wouldn't let me upload them.

See guys? The key has always been scaling everyone else up, not scaling Ridley down.
Nice title fail:4pacman:
Except that's intentional/an inside joke in this thread.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Making the most requested character in the west a secret/unlockable would be a decision I could see Nintendo making.

I love the company, but they love making the weirdest decisions.
Your alive! You haven't posted here in a while! And yes that would be a dumb decision on Sakurai/Nintendo's part.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I saw this on Reddit and thought it should be mentioned here. Some guy got a Super Mushroom item while fighting the Ridley boss in the Brawl adventure mode. The size of Ridley looks pretty plausible in this picture if we say that Samus is her normal size.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Ridley looks smaller than Samus in that picture. o_o

But it's not too much of a surprise to me, because he's already the second-smallest boss in that game, next to Tabuu.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Nah, he is still too big here. And don`t even try to say that he can be resized just like Samus was, but in reverse - he will look stupid.

Engine. The word is engine. Also, Sakurai himself mains Falcondork..... which has me worried about Ganondorf actually receiving any changes.....
Oh, right, this word...wait, Sakurai mains Falcondork? Where did you got this information? And i doubt he will change a lot...

I hate when someone says that Ridley will be Charizard or Bowser clone. It is just impossible for Ridley to use Charizard`s Up Special attack and Rock Smash, Bowser`s Down and Up Special attacks and any of Bowser`s smash attacks. It doesn`t fits him. At least Ganondorf is known for being really powerful even without magic or any weapons.

How many times was he posted here?

Last edited:

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
See: Ness in Brawl. He was outright "deconfirmed", and yet, afterwards, he got hints. First, Onett. Then, Lucas being different from Ness with all of his non-special attacks. Then, Lucas not being at any of the demos when all the other pre-release revealed newcomers were.
When was he ever deconfirmed? Sakurai never mentioned Ness as a Lucas replacement and Ness was a secret character in a prior game. That's not even close to the Ridley situation.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
When was he ever deconfirmed? Sakurai never mentioned Ness as a Lucas replacement and Ness was a secret character in a prior game. That's not even close to the Ridley situation.
"Ness was the Earthbound rep until now!" Plus all of Lucas' moves were very similar to Ness' moves. You were called delusional if you though Ness had a chance.

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing an old topic of the leaked Brawl roster and everyone was dismissing it because of ROB and Ness, who had been "deconfirmed", detractors will claim every leak is fake because of Ridley and the cycle will repeat

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Your alive! You haven't posted here in a while! And yes that would be a dumb decision on Sakurai/Nintendo's part.
There is no much point in speculating at this point, so I just chose to leave the thread for a while. I still fully support Ridley, obviously. ^^

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Tomorrow, don't be suprised if it's Shulk, and don't be suprised if it isn't Shulk.
I'm mentally preping myself for it to be Shulk, that way if it is Ridley I'll be more surprised, and if it's not I won't have hyped myself up.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Again, I think Sakurai isn't going to reveal Shulk, but a completely different character, we must never try to predict a master troller
This could go either way. But I looked back and Next Level tweeted about the Direct when Little Mac was revealed, I'm not sure if they did it for everything else, but this may not bode well for anyone but Shulk.

BUT, who are we to predict Masahiro Unpredictable? Hasn't your mother ever taught you not to trust Sakurai?

D

Deleted member

I had a dream where Ridley was revealed, but his skin was gray and his trailer involved some kind of war, what could this mean...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I had a dream where Ridley was revealed, but his skin was gray and his trailer involved some kind of war, what could this mean...
He's getting a meta ridley alt and the detractors will try to go to war with Nintendo but us and Ridley will murderize their faces.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Tomorrow's obviously Shulk, but it would be great to be Ridley too.
Also, this breaks the "Character cannot be revealed on the site randomly" rule. Maybe it'll happen again in a month up to Sm4sh's release in Japan (it's exactly in two months so it would fit nicely).
Hopefully we'll get more veterans too though.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
:0 amazing

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Fat chance we get 2 newcomers, the reason we got a double reveal in april was because Charizard didn't have a trainer or partners, but became his own character, otherwise he would be a veteran
He is considered a veteran even by the official site. We're not getting two newcomers tomorrow. At best, a newcomer and a veteran.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Fat chance we get 2 newcomers, the reason we got a double reveal in april was because Charizard didn't have a trainer or partners, but became his own character, otherwise he would be a veteran
You never know.
Hasn't your mom ever taught you to never trust Sakurai? (senpai)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I should stop coming to this thread before sleeping then
You should just not sleep in general.

Speaking of sleeping, about 17 hours left untill we get the reveal

You never know.
Hasn't your mom ever taught you to never trust Sakurai? (senpai)
She wasn't kidding about that then? Maybe that means she never lied about eating broccoli aswell...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My money's on a Fire Emblem rep. Arena Ferox has yet to be a satisfactory "home stage", and Marth and Ike aren't cutting it.

Top Bottom