• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Wow.

Charizard has the CLOSEST body structure to Ridley. In the same way that Wolf is not a perfect 1:1 clone of Fox, Ridley wouldn't necessarily be a perfect 1:1 clone of Charizard, but a clone for all intents and purposes.

And screw it, I'm done mincing words. Really, how rude, bitter, and infantile can you get?
Says the one who came to a character support thread to tell us false evidence on why the character wont be in

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Says the one who came to a character support thread to tell us false evidence on why the character wont be in
What are you even referring to? I just gave an idea about his inclusion. But anything short of Ridley being a unique monster OP definitely playable character is an attack on your being.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
What are you even referring to? I just gave an idea about his inclusion. But anything short of Ridley being a unique monster OP definitely playable character is an attack on your being.
My mistake then, but you came spreading negativity and called people who disagreed with your baseless argument rude and infentile

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He wouldn't be OP.
Sakurai has basically a large majority of not only Sora and HAL, but also Namco/Bandai to help with the balancing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It seems WiiDude is a Ridley (and K. Rool) supporter. He's even going to do a Ridley video later apparently.

Yeah, I was surprised when Wiidude mentioned that to me as well. Keep in mind, though, you can be a supporter without believing a character is playable, and you can believe a character is playable without being a supporter. I don't necessarily know if WiiDude is a Ridley/K. Rool supporter, but he does believe Ridley is playable and K. Rool is highly likely a secret character in the game.

Ok, you believe Ridley will be a clone. Why? What reason is there for Ridley being a clone? He barely resembles Charizard and its not difficult to look up Ridley boss battles and see how he'd play completely unique. No newcomers in this game seem to be clones anyway, and the comparison to Wolf makes no sense because Wolf only has cloned specials and a clone Final Smash. And even then Wolf's specials are very different from Fox/Falco (Falco's are hardly different at all).

I'm just trying to understand the logic.

And what's this about Ridley being OP? NOBODY claims to want Ridley as being OP, or thinks he'd be OP. This "OP" crap gets thrown around way too much. Ridley moving very slowly can hardly be considered him being OP, which is how Ridley would be. His specials might be a bit faster, and I can imagine him being more powerful in the air, but that doesn't mean he'd be OP by any sense of the word.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
My mistake then, but you came spreading negativity and called people who disagreed with your baseless argument rude and infentile
"Negativity"... I brought up the idea that he would be a Charizard clone. Now apparently that has been discussed before (to my surprise) but people went off on me and some loon even decided that it was so heinous I needed to be on ignore. Like really?

Ok, you believe Ridley will be a clone. Why? What reason is there for Ridley being a clone? He barely resembles Charizard and its not difficult to look up Ridley boss battles and see how he'd play completely unique. No newcomers in this game seem to be clones anyway, and the comparison to Wolf makes no sense because Wolf only has cloned specials and a clone Final Smash. And even then Wolf's specials are very different from Fox/Falco (Falco's are hardly different at all).

I'm just trying to understand the logic.

And what's this about Ridley being OP? NOBODY claims to want Ridley as being OP, or thinks he'd be OP. This "OP" crap gets thrown around way too much. Ridley moving very slowly can hardly be considered him being OP, which is how Ridley would be. His specials might be a bit faster, and I can imagine him being more powerful in the air, but that doesn't mean he'd be OP by any sense of the word.
Like I said, I'm just using Charizard as he is the closest to Ridley's physique. I'm saying from the perspective that the Gematsu leak is probably real. So I'm thinking we will get these 3 remaining characters (the 3 remaining Gematsu characters) as reveals before the game's release. But maybe like Brawl, we will get a newcomer or two buried deep in the game... and, as in Brawl, these were "clones" (for all intents and purposes).

I just used OP to demonstrate that even the idea of Ridley being in the game as a "clone" or whatever you want to call it is still considered to be heresy.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"Negativity"... I brought up the idea that he would be a Charizard clone. Now apparently that has been discussed before (to my surprise) but people went off on me and some loon even decided that it was so heinous I needed to be on ignore. Like really?
I agree, that's a bit excessive. I fully disagree whenever people bring up "Ridley will be a Charizard clone" because it doesn't take long to see that Ridley doesn't fit Charizard at all. However, I respect your opinion to suggest the possibility... I just completely disagree with the notion that it would ever happen and it would make sense in the least bit for Ridley to be a Charizard clone. At least Ganondorf somewhat fits being a Captain Falcon clone, the moveset does work for him (even though he has other powers at his disposal that would work better).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, I was surprised when Wiidude mentioned that to me as well. Keep in mind, though, you can be a supporter without believing a character is playable, and you can believe a character is playable without being a supporter. I don't necessarily know if WiiDude is a Ridley/K. Rool supporter, but he does believe Ridley is playable and K. Rool is highly likely a secret character in the game.
THIS

I really don't like when want and expect are mixed when thinking about both. It really doesn't make sense to not want because you don't expect and want because you expect (unless you weren't aware before but that is different).

If you support a character, don't stop because his chances decreased. I just found weird how you could simply stop to WANT him because of that.

Expect anything you want but keep your want for yourself and out of expectation.

Example: I don't want Ridley as much as it appears (my essay is quite obvious). I just "kinda want him" not "REALLY want" him. The only reason I'm talking about it so much is because I like to use logic in discussion especially for controversial and popular subject and that I can safely speak on it. But you have to agree though that with how I respect what this thread lived, it just adds another reason.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Wow.

Charizard has the CLOSEST body structure to Ridley. In the same way that Wolf is not a perfect 1:1 clone of Fox, Ridley wouldn't necessarily be a perfect 1:1 clone of Charizard, but a clone for all intents and purposes.

And screw it, I'm done mincing words. Really, how rude, bitter, and infantile can you get? If you want to sit in your little Ridley echo-chamber like a bunch of hive-minded lunatics, lashing out at anyone who doesn't follow 1113 pages of discussion or who doesn't perfectly step in line like a North Korean military parade, maybe you'd begin to understand why you're a piteous laughing stock outside of your little hermit kingdom. That obviously doesn't pertain to everyone here, but really, many of you have gone off full cult with this nonsense. Can it really be that tough to figure out why you're paranoid about 'anti-Ridley' people coming in to gloat?
Prove to me right now that he's not playable.

Edit: it would appear I misinterpreted this, my apologies.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Prove to me right now that he's not playable.
Are you confused? Did I say anywhere in that post that he isn't playable? Did you miss the entire point of the post that this was a way in which perhaps he COULD be playable? Does your completely wayward, unrelated-to-anything blanket attack on me perhaps validate the larger paragraph in the post you quoted?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
THIS

I really don't like when want and expect are mixed when thinking about both. It really doesn't make sense to not want because you don't expect and want because you expect (unless you weren't aware before but that is different).

If you support a character, don't stop because his chances decreased. I just found weird how you could simply stop to WANT him because of that.

Expect anything you want but keep your want for yourself and out of expectation.

Example: I don't want Ridley as much as it appears (my essay is quite obvious). I just "kinda want him" not "REALLY want" him. The only reason I'm talking about it so much is because I like to use logic in discussion especially for controversial and popular subject and that I can safely speak on it. But you have to agree though that with how I respect what this thread lived, it just adds another reason.
I keep finding that the less people know of Ridley, the more susceptible they are to the idea that he's playable. It seems that to be a "true" Metroid fan, you can't ever downsize Ridley.

Me personally, I used to really want Ridley, but literal months of waiting have grated on my ability to hype. What has remained consistent is my belief in Ridley being in the game.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Are you confused? Did I say anywhere in that post that he isn't playable? Did you miss the entire point of the post that this was a way in which perhaps he COULD be playable? Does your completely wayward, unrelated-to-anything blanket attack on me perhaps validate the larger paragraph in the post you quoted?
Nah, I just misinterpreted something, please forgive me senpai.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
This is really getting so partisan - it's kinda weird, being as who knows how anyone even handles?

The folks wanting your favorite character in, and being bummed if and when he doesn't make it - that I get. When it gets built up beyond that though, it does get fairly strange.

We are getting to the point where the roster is pretty filled with anything iconic and I'm happy about the prospect of everyone but Chrom even if I half believe gematsu- but still tensions are pretty high round these parts these days.

Exegguter

Smash Lord

Like I said, I'm just using Charizard as he is the closest to Ridley's physique. I'm saying from the perspective that the Gematsu leak is probably real. So I'm thinking we will get these 3 remaining characters (the 3 remaining Gematsu characters) as reveals before the game's release. But maybe like Brawl, we will get a newcomer or two buried deep in the game... and, as in Brawl, these were "clones" (for all intents and purposes).

I just used OP to demonstrate that even the idea of Ridley being in the game as a "clone" or whatever you want to call it is still considered to be heresy.

'and as in brawl they were clones'

R.O.B. a clone? Of who? Samus? Because they're both metal?

Besides what does that even have to do with supporting this character? Even If someone's requesting Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, who's chances are -1000, I won't go to their thread and say: '' oh scorpion is NEVER going to be in smash lololol"

"oh Scorpion would be a falcon clone since they both attack with fire!''

For what? What would those posts add in the support of a certain character?

No point of having you on ignore when everyone is quoting you smh. Seriously I'm never that rude but you're ****ing annoying. This isn't the first time you've come here spreading negativity in this thread with idiotic arguments. Just leave. The vibe is good here everyone is waiting for tomorrow's announcement (whether it's ridley/shulk/chrom/k rool or w.e.) but all you have to say is negative bull**** about this character in a support thread. If you want to doubt his chances and would like to discuss it THAT bad go to the 'rate their chances' thread.

And cut the crap with 'you guys are attracting anti-Ridley people in here''. I'm tired of this nonsense. Why can't we just support a character, discuss movesets/trailers/stages/biography/w.e. about a character we'd love to see in the next smash WITHOUT HAVING TO DEFEND OURSELF ABOUT HIS CHANCES OF GETTING IN EVERY GODDAMN PAGE.

/.end build up frustration <3

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Not big enough.
You mean proportionally, or just in general?

Also, since the new character reveal is going to be in less then 24 hours, has anyone found anything that points to anyone other then Shulk so far?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
In my opinion, Ridley's questionable size and choppy animation confirms him as playable.
You mean proportionally, or just in general?

Also, since the new character reveal is going to be in less then 24 hours, has anyone found anything that points to anyone other then Shulk so far?
A Fire Emblem newcomer. Shulk has had no foreshadowing whatsoever, whereas Arena Ferox is still unresolved as either Chrom/Robin's home stage.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Snake might return, Kojima stated that he doesn't know about that, but Raidens VA accidentely said it, and the fact Kojima is a bigger troll than Sakurai, Kojima would confirm Ridley 1 day and disconfirm him the next

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
He's too small. He's supposed to be too big.
Yeah, but he had to be playable so I made him smaller. XD

I think Snake might return, Kojima stated that he doesn't know about that, but Raidens VA accidentely said it, and the fact Kojima is a bigger troll than Sakurai, Kojima would confirm Ridley 1 day and disconfirm him the next
Really? I dont remember seeing that. Interesting, I suppose, heh.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Problem is that Sakurai specified a newcomer.

Snake will probably, best case scenario, be a secret hidden unlockable in order to give as little publicity to Nintendo's competitor as possible.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Btw, I would love Ridley's boss-stage from Zero Mission as a stage in ssb3ds.

Is it possible we'll be getting two new Metroid stages like we did in Melee?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I saw this on Reddit and thought it should be mentioned here. Some guy got a Super Mushroom item while fighting the Ridley boss in the Brawl adventure mode. The size of Ridley looks pretty plausible in this picture if we say that Samus is her normal size.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I saw this on Reddit and thought it should be mentioned here. Some guy got a Super Mushroom item while fighting the Ridley boss in the Brawl adventure mode. The size of Ridley looks pretty plausible in this picture if we say that Samus is her normal size.

oh my god.
A decent size comparison was possible in Brawl all along.
How did we not see this?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is unpredictable, so he'll post Ridley!
But he knows we know he's unpredictable, so he'll post Shulk!
But now he knows that we know that he knows that we know he's unpredictable so-
Oh dear I appear to have gone cross-eyed.
So You're Saying.......
They've Taken what we thought we think and made us think our thoughts we've been thinking are thoughts we think we thought?!

My Head Hurts.....

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
This is my idea of Ridley's trailer, it uses the same style of the cutscenes of other m
-We start with zero suit samus fightning pit, megaman and mario, the place is very dark and you can't see a thing, then the camera stops focusing on the fight and looks at the background, two green eyes appear out of nowhere and moves, we are back in the fight and megaman shots a mega blaster to samus, samus dodges the attack but the attack hits a wall, lava starts flowing and it is revealed that they are fightning in the pyrosphere, samus is knocked by pit and hits the floor, she then sees a figure moving in the shadows and her face changes from being annoyed to being worried, she looks where mario, pit and megaman are fightning and they are suddenly knocked by a fire ball, samus seems surprised and then a big shadow appears on from behind, she turns and see Ridley apearing with an evil grin, similar to the scene on other m, Ridley lands on the pyrosphere and the newcomer image "Ridley terrorizes from the sky", we see gameplay of him, the other m theme on the background, we see him flying, throwing fire balls, after the gameplay footage we see ridley walking towards mario and the others, who are knocked down, then he is hit from behind, he turns and see samus looking at him with a defiant looks, Ridley smirks and we see a flashback, we see him in front of a young girl and then in front of samus on her power suit, Ridley and Samus runs towards each other and the trailer ends.
PERFECT! 10/10

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
His intro card needs a size joke.

Ridley crushes the competetion!
Ridley fits right in!
Ridley covers the opposition!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I mained FALCONDORK...he is not my MAIN main (sounds weird), but it still counts. I doubt Ridley will be THAT bad. Even if he will be so bad, he won`t be as bad as Falcondork because Brawl had different...um...don`t know how to call it...anyway, Sm4sh is closer to Melee than Brawl...right?!
Engine. The word is engine. Also, Sakurai himself mains Falcondork..... which has me worried about Ganondorf actually receiving any changes.....

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Can't speak for him, but the mere idea that Ridley would be a Charizard clone is laughably ludicrous for a number of reasons.
Funny how he made that comment pages after I pointed out the irony of trying to compare Ridley with Charizard for the sake of an argument against Ridley, when Charizard himself is an argument in favor of Ridley.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

That's pretty sexy, actually.

The proportions are just about right for a playable Ridley.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
By now, I think if Ridley is a playable character, he'll be an unlockable hidden character. But if he is reveled on Monday, I can't wait to see all the chaos on internet.

Edit:

Wow, this size comparison is almost perfect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom