• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

and thusly ridley is in

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I just randomly thought of this, but if Ridley is a character could you imagine what his Amiibo thing would look like. I'm not sure how many of you guys like the idea of Amiibos, but a Ridley Amiibo I would literally die for.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
In my opinion, those who believe that we're not getting Other M Ridley in some capacity as a playable character are deluding themselves out of a desire to play as Classic Ridley, which I can sympathize with.

But hey, look on the bright side: Once Ridley's in, he might revert to a more appealing, classic look for Smash 5.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I was kind of smart for those leaks so I was checking for this Leak so I was thinking this model is from brawl, so his chest looks different so that might be REAL!? Yes!! I really hope it was real... :)
View attachment 18052
Hmmm, idk man. I instantly debunked it as fake when I saw it, and I'm not sure what your trying to show. His ribs look the same to me. If they're different, then we got something on our hands.

If this is real... this "leak" came out pretty recently, meaning the trailer has been screened somewhere. It is ready. What else is being prepared? Monday...

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
So, say we do get Ridley on Monday (Not happening, but let's just say it does)

How long do you think Smashboards would crash?

EDIT: Oh wow, 1111 pages. Kewl XD

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I just randomly thought of this, but if Ridley is a character could you imagine what his Amiibo thing would look like. I'm not sure how many of you guys like the idea of Amiibos, but a Ridley Amiibo I would literally die for.
It'll be called a monument. Not a figure. :troll:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hmmm, idk man. I instantly debunked it as fake when I saw it, and I'm not sure what your trying to show. His ribs look the same to me. If they're different, then we got something on our hands.

If this is real... this "leak" came out pretty recently, meaning the trailer has been screened somewhere. It is ready. What else is being prepared? Monday...
Still fake.

I could get Wizardglory to whip up that "leak" image in no time.

Negative 3 minutes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh.. oh shoot man.

Sakurai better feel bad as **** now if he doesn't put Ridley in.

This dudes emotional state depends on it.
It's too late. The trauma-inducing despair has literally transformed me into a Pokemon.

Now I can see why Samus suffers from PTSD after Ridley's attack.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

About 5 seconds, and will probably last an hour.
Meanwhile, Nintendo Network is forced maintenance for 5 Days. Thanks, Miiverse.
Also Youtube is forced maintenace for 10 Days. Thanks, Shokio.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm in the backroom contemplating whether or not to post in the photo album thread and y'know I just don't think the shirt I'm wearing is cute enough Sorry.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
It'll be called a monument. Not a figure. :troll:
Regardless I would clear out my whole room just so I could have it in there, it would totally be worth it.

(Also 1111 pages dang I remember this thread back when it was only 230, you guys go all out)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Something like his trophy pose from Brawl or same one as Roidley`s japanese manual art.

For eternity. Or even beyond that. Same thing will happen to youtube, facebook, Miiverse and GamesFAQ. We shall embrace this eternity because toobigots will finally shut up or at least won`t be as annoying as they are now...i hope so...
More like a Statue of Liberty. :yeahboi:
No. It will be so big it will be like a planet when compared to Unicron and Galactus` official sizes.

I FINALLY POSTED ON AN "SPECIAL" PAGE! W00T!

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gotta be honest the chance to own an actual piece of official Ridley merchandise in the form of an amiibo is one thing that really makes me wish Ridley were playable.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Gotta be honest the chance to own an actual piece of official Ridley merchandise in the form of an amiibo is one thing that really makes me wish Ridley were playable.
This may be strange for me to say this but....I really missed you and your sarcasm! xD You are the GREATEST, STRONGEST AND POWERFUL!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's not over until September 13!

So never give up! I will continue to believe in the cunning god of death!

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*curtsy*

I wasn't being sarcastic though I would buy a Ridley amiibo so hard. I mean I was seriously contemplating using a 3D printing service to create my own figure of Brawl Ridley and Brawl Samus in scale to one another for like $100+. I think I had to spend the money on something else though I dunno probably dildos???

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
...so I'm sure it must have been discussed, given that the thread has
333,300 posts
But
what would Ridley's Final Smash be?
a combo of Jigglypuff and Bowsers?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*curtsy*

I wasn't being sarcastic though I would buy a Ridley amiibo so hard. I mean I was seriously contemplating using a 3D printing service to create my own figure of Brawl Ridley and Brawl Samus in scale to one another for like $100+. I think I had to spend the money on something else though I dunno probably dildos???
A Ridley Amiibo would make the best AT ever, at least from how I see it.

@_______________ why are you lurking in the shadows with Ridley? Come on out and chat with us, we don't bite.

D

Deleted member

A Ridley Amiibo would make the best AT ever, at least from how I see it.

@_______________ why are you lurking in the shadows with Ridley? Come on out and chat with us, we don't bite.
This ^
@_______________
Just don't steal our Splounge water.

And just like that I've made like 10 Splounge Water jokes in 48 hours.

What am I doing with my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Don't make me turn into an Airplane at my own will which is essential to complete the game, plz.
I don't want that.
And that's why it's the best tutorial joke ever :)

To even dare to asks you if you got how "terrible" it is and HAVING to answer "yeah I get it, it's terrible" was just hilarious.

For those who don't know, in tutorial language, it's translated as "do you want to be explained again how [insert what the tutorial is teaching] works?" with a prompt of yes/no. the yes is telling that it's terrible while no is that you don't get it. He even calls you an idiot if you said the later.

I think there's a backstory to them but I'll check tomorrow I don't remember it exactly.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
*curtsy*

xD I know that wasn't sarcasm....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In the future I read an article on IGN or Kotaku or something about how Ridley turned out to be the best-selling amiibo because grannies bought them for their grand kids for Christmas thinking Ridley was Spyro from Skylanders.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think there's a backstory to them but I'll check tomorrow I don't remember it exactly.
There most certainly is, look amongst the Rooftops in the Rouge's Side of Town.
All the knowledge is there.
...In the form of an old hag you have to pay coins to her to get the backstory, but that's besides the point.
In the future I read an article on IGN or Kotaku or something about how Ridley turned out to be the best-selling amiibo because grannies bought them for their grand kids for Christmas thinking Ridley was Spyro from Skylanders.
YES. THAT IS AMAZING.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Brilliant!

@Masahiro Sakurai, @Nintendo, take notes please.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Actually it goes on past that, seeing as how we're inevitably getting DLC characters thanks to what Sal Romano has told us.
So there are going to be more DLC characters then, could you provide a link to that discussion.
(Sorry I just want to read it myself)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Actually it goes on past that, seeing as how we're inevitably getting DLC characters thanks to what Sal Romano has told us.
...What?! Inevitably? Just because someone told you? Its unofficial information and it is from one of the thousands "leaks". Is there any proofs like actual images, videos or audio files that could confirm that? No? Then it is not 100% true.
It will be "inevitably" only when Nintendo/Sm4sh developers/Sakurai will confirm that. Until then, we can`t be sure that will happen.

And having incomplete game is not a good thing. Especially if one of the oldest, popular and important (more or less) Nintendo All-Stars is left as a DLC instead of just being in the game itself. Its like if Zero would be confirmed instead of Mega Man, one of the ghosts instead of Pacman and Shadow instead of Sonic. Or if you would need to buy Bowser, Ganondorf or any other important characters that isn`t a main character of the franchise to unlock them instead of just having them in the game as normal unlockable characters.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Imagine if Ridley is DLC announced right before Wii U release.

The horror. (I really hope we don't get DLC, I don't want to pay to have all the characters)

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
I haven't really seen it discussed (or I may have missed it) but has it occurred to anybody that Yellow Devil is still the only "boss" hazard we've seen so far? Dark Emperor appears to stay in the background and cause status effects. If there were really more boss hazards you would think they would be promoting them more.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really seen it discussed (or I may have missed it) but has it occurred to anybody that Yellow Devil is still the only "boss" hazard we've seen so far? Dark Emperor appears to stay in the background and cause status effects. If there were really more boss hazards you would think they would be promoting them more.
Maybe he is waiting for the 3ds version to release then he will start to reveal bosses on the Wii U version, hard to say with Sakurai.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if Ridley is DLC announced right before Wii U release.

The horror. (I really hope we don't get DLC, I don't want to pay to have all the characters)
Sounds like most likely scenario if he isn't a boss.

I don't see any other newcomers besides Gematsu 3.

I wouldn't mind Ridley so you could add me to the support list if you want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hopefully it goes like this:
Background ➝ Cinematic ➝ Boss ➝ Playable Character

I mean, it's not like characters have ever been promoted before. :drohyou:
*cough*:4littlemac:*cough*
Charizard was a pokeball, don't forget that

Ninja'd

But I have a theory! It is Shulk but after seeing Monolith retweeting everything Sakurai will use Fake Out but instead of making us flinch, show a new character all together

Last edited:
Top Bottom