• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ridley Supporter !
If i find some sh*t detractors could say you people could hopefully find a good argument agaist so technically the Ridley chances will grow higher

"You have to think like you enemy in order to kill it " Jean Paul Obama - 1670 before JC
I'm pretty sure he understood that and was just making a joke based off of part of what you said

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Metroid anniversary + there's been a direct every 2 months revealing a new character so far

So by patterns (which definitely always works with Sakurai) chance of a Direct in August, announcing a new Metroid game and Ridley in smash, making everyone here piss themselves with fanboy/girl

that's the gist of it
well miyamoto said we where getting news on the next metriod game in the "near future" lets just hope im not on life support by then (these past few years as a metriod fan has taught me how f zero fans felt during the wii era.)

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is unpredictable, so he'll post Ridley!
But he knows we know he's unpredictable, so he'll post Shulk!
But now he knows that we know that he knows that we know he's unpredictable so-
Oh dear I appear to have gone cross-eyed.
We have reached a point that neither Enstein or Ridley could approch, we are so f*cking genius , I swear, so on Monday Albert Enstein will be obviously revealed ! Period !

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
K.

I'm not expecting him Monday, but on an August Direct.

My first guess was Mario.

Then my second guess was Paper Mario.
Yep, I ripped all of those to make my post look

I love those so much :awesome:

btw, this is too big argument in TTYD style:

= This:

If someone get the joke, It would be appreciated.

It may seems obvious but not if you didn't played TTYD.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Let's be honest, all of you are going to be maining Ridley, right?
Only if I like how he plays, the only one I know for sure is Samus, i've had people I didn't like playing as in melee, but mained in Brawl and Vice Versa.

Edit: That being said I probably will do my best to get good as him.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ridley Supporter !
If i find some sh*t detractors could say you people could hopefully find a good argument agaist so technically the Ridley chances will grow higher

"You have to think like you enemy in order to kill it " Jean Paul Obama - 1670 before JC
No, I understand. I'm pointing out how the extent of the thinking is "Ridley is too big! Now, how can I dismiss every piece of evidence to the contrary as invalid?"

Nice quote by the way.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

= This:

What is he gonna do, curse us to be forever straddled with Ridley in the Smash Bros. roster for all eternity?

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
No, I understand. I'm pointing out how the extent of the thinking is "Ridley is too big! Now, how can I dismiss every piece of evidence to the contrary as invalid?"

Nice quote by the way.
Thanks !
And by the way, I AM the batman Jean Paul Obama
Peace, love and follow your dreams

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'll main Ridley if I like how he plays. Otherwise, probably sticking with Bowser... in terms of actual competition.

In terms of just fun matches, Ridley all the way.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I must be too smart too dumb (I actually speaks french) to get his joke !
Nevermind
I saw that your location said France and I always try to respect our multilingual denizens because I understand how tough learning multiple languages can be, which is why I made sure there was no misunderstanding between you guys

Nice quote by the way.
:4greninja:

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Metroid anniversary + there's been a direct every 2 months revealing a new character so far

So by patterns (which definitely always works with Sakurai) chance of a Direct in August, announcing a new Metroid game and Ridley in smash, making everyone here piss themselves with fanboy/girl

that's the gist of it
Ah yeah, that seems like it generates a lot of hype. Though we'll have to wait and see for what happens in the end.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ah yeah, that seems like it generates a lot of hype. Though we'll have to wait and see for what happens in the end.
As much as I would love/kill for another Metroid game, I feel like a new game announcement + Ridley reveal all at once is a little too good to be true. Plus, as I was kinda implying, Sakurai never does what you expect. And we don't even know for sure that there will be a direct in August at all, honestly. It could range anywhere from an educated guess to a pipe dream at this point, but if you're gonna suggest it anywhere, this is the place, haha.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
euh... never mind.

I can tell you if you want.
Yah, I'm lost.

From what I've played, these dudes give you gifts and superpowers under the pretenses of a curse, so a playable Ridley dolled up as a sin against Smash Bros. seemed to be the logical progression.

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
There's something I'm interested in. What would your guys' reaction be if Ridley ended up playable in smash, but...
it had to be THIS Ridley?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Atleast our star fox brethren are happy.
That game hasn't actually been given to a studio yet, it's literally just some new gameplay and a brand at this point. I honestly doubt we'll see it until 2016...

Which makes me cry when I think about Metroid @.@

There's something I'm interested in. What would your guys' reaction be if Ridley ended up playable in smash, but...
Someone actually posted a realistic 3D render of that Ridley a ways back. It was kinda frightening.

But I've learned to accept the Other M model of Ridley, I could learn to accept that, lol. I would prefer Brawl's model, though.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I generally play Smash with a group of characters in my 'main pool'. They're all my mains in a way, although one or two characters will be my best skill-wise. Ridley will most certainly be joining my pool of mains and never be leaving. Whether he'll be my best character is completely up to chance.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
That game hasn't actually been given to a studio yet, it's literally just some new gameplay and a brand at this point. I honestly doubt we'll see it until 2016...

Which makes me cry when I think about Metroid @.@
At least one has to come out now, as far as we know nobody at nintendo is slapping a key board making code for metriod.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
At least one has to come out now, as far as we know nobody at nintendo is slapping a key board making code for metriod.
At least if they are doing that, by the infinite monkey theorem, we'd eventually get an amazing new Metroid game xD

It seems like now they're just aiming their dart at a board of who should make the next metriod.

Honestly I'd be really interested to see Retro make the new Star Fox, I think they could make it amazing. But then they wouldn't be doing Metroid, so....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Depends on how it would look in action. I recall thinking Pac-Man's "Classic/Pizza with a slice missing" mode sounded fairly questionable prior to actually seeing it.

Coincidentally, I just found this recently:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I saw that your location said France and I always try to respect our multilingual denizens because I understand how tough learning multiple languages can be, which is why I made sure there was no misunderstanding between you guys

As a french speaker I can say English is not that hard to learn :)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yah, I'm lost.

From what I've played, these dudes give you gifts and superpowers under the pretenses of a curse, so a playable Ridley dolled up as a sin against Smash Bros. seemed to be the logical progression.
I'm not sure if you sort of got it but you were close if not.

The argument is based on a false belief that he can't be resized even if it would make the most sense for Sakurai to do it.

The black chests all ask you to open them and don't seem harmful. When you open them, they always tells that you're a fool since it was to "curse" you. Problem is, it's the opposite of a curse since it helps you so the black chests try to make you believe that he did something nasty and even to the point of liking it while the opposite happened.

The joke is that believing in the argument is the same as believing the black chests telling you're a fool: they are both based on false belief and are obvious to tell why.

EDIT: the small bubble makes the argument obvious why it's based on false belief.

Got it now?

As a french speaker I can say English is not that hard to learn :)
THIS

I'm a French speaker and I actually found English very easy to learn. Especially if you read or watch videos online.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Online mode.
Nope. As much as I want Ridley in the game, and I would play as him sufficiently, I'm maining Little Mac all the way.
well miyamoto said we where getting news on the next metriod game in the "near future" lets just hope im not on life support by then (these past few years as a metriod fan has taught me how f zero fans felt during the wii era.)
It's probably worse for those who had to wait between Super Metroid's release and Metroid Fusion/Metroid Prime (8 years vs the current 4 following Other M), but I agree with ya.

= This:

Well, ****. Now I have the inescapable urge to replay TTYD.
Also: Gotta love how their curses aren't actually curses, but beneficial, yet passed off as curses. Similarly, the notion that Ridley's size changing being a curse because "improper representation" is actually a blessing in disguise. Thus, we citizens under the Great and Glorious Ridley shall humbly accept this curse.
Okay but only if...
THIS...

...is an alternate costume. Because Sakurai.:troll:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Monday can't come soon enough...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Sakurai should give Ridley a sword and landmaster.
Then everyone will be happy.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

= This:

Don't make me turn into an Airplane at my own will which is essential to complete the game, plz.
I don't want that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Am I the only one around here that didn't lose faith for a minute or two after the april direct?
I was devastated after I heard what had happened in the Direct, reading from the comments in this thread that he might have been confirmed as a stage hazard. It didn't help that just about one week ago, I had some deaths in the family and I had a hard time coping with the situation, so I hoped that the Direct would make me forget my troubles.

It wasn't until a month later that I decided to give SSB4 another chance. I watched RelaxAlax's video on Ridley's chances, and it was the incentive for me to come back to this thread and start supporting him again, but this time with cautious optimism.

If he's not in, then at least he was left out along with all the other popular requests. I'm already planning to by SSB4 (3DS) so that I can play as Solozard.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
I was kind of smart for those leaks so I was checking for this Leak so I was thinking this model is from brawl, so his chest looks different so that might be REAL!? Yes!! I really hope it was real... :)
340082ridleyinsmash copy.jpg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mariohuge said:
I mained FALCONDORK...he is not my MAIN main (sounds weird), but it still counts. I doubt Ridley will be THAT bad. Even if he will be so bad, he won`t be as bad as Falcondork because Brawl had different...um...don`t know how to call it...anyway, Sm4sh is closer to Melee than Brawl...right?
Well, he looks kinda weird because of his giant feet, but everything else is just 8-bit classic Ridley. With a horn on the head. So, maybe someone will be even happier if that would happen.
I was kind of smart for those leaks so I was checking for this Leak so I was thinking this model is from brawl, so his chest looks different so that might be REAL!? Yes!! I really hope it was real... :)
View attachment 18052
Model has too low quality to be officiall HD model. And it is Brawl model by the way. You can`t not trust me because i know Brawl Ridley model nearly perfectly and even how many poligons he has.
Thus, we citizens under the Great and Glorious Ridley shall humbly accept this curse.
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS LEADER OF THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS SPACE PIRATES, GREAT AND GLORIOUS RIDLEY!...when i read "glorious", i always think about something big and purple with a bit of a green and 5 eyes...
LANDMASTAH!

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I was devastated after I heard what had happened in the Direct, reading from the comments in this thread that he might have been confirmed as a stage hazard. It didn't help that just about one week ago, I had some deaths in the family and I had a hard time coping with the situation, so I hoped that the Direct would make me forget my troubles.

It wasn't until a month later that I decided to give SSB4 another chance. I watched RelaxAlax's video on Ridley's chances, and it was the incentive for me to come back to this thread and start supporting him again, but this time with cautious optimism.

If he's not in, then at least he was left out along with all the other popular requests. I'm already planning to by SSB4 (3DS) so that I can play as Solozard.
Oh.. oh shoot man.

Sakurai better feel bad as **** now if he doesn't put Ridley in.

This dudes emotional state depends on it.

Top Bottom