• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

bobadz

Smash Ace
I posted this on gamefaqs so I might as well spot it here.

"Sakurai said this at GDC 2008
"Sakurai: I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing."

http://i.imgur.com/zuhXxlF.jpg

He can change his mind.

And to other Ridley fans, don't give up hope."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66460811

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So if anyone hasn't noticed, Samus is the new picture on the Smash Bros. website. Think it means anything?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So if anyone hasn't noticed, Samus is the new picture on the Smash Bros. website. Think it means anything?
Old news. While I don't believe it means anything (I dislike over-analyzing anything), I like to think that we will get a Ridley reveal soon.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I posted this on gamefaqs so I might as well spot it here.

"Sakurai said this at GDC 2008
"Sakurai: I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing."

http://i.imgur.com/zuhXxlF.jpg

He can change his mind.
Old information, but still, something good to go over. Plus, look at the Wii Fit Trainer. Who the heck has ever thunk that up before=???
And to other Ridley fans, don't give up hope."
RIDLEY FANS UNITE FOR LIFE!!!!!

I am Johnknight1, your Undisputed Ridley Champion of the World, and I approve this message.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd like to think Sakurai is just going to randomly update new characters on the site whenever he feels like it.
Sakurai: Hey guys, it's the third thursday of the month! you know what that means?!
(dev team is confused)
Sakurai: THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE OLIMAR

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai: It's "How to Play" Tuesday!!!"
Sakurai: It's "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!" Wednesdays!
Sakurai: It's-
Smash Fans: We get it, CRAPPY UPDATE THURSDAY!!!
Sakurai: I'm not confirmed Dr. Baby Paper Waluigi in his sports outfit no.
Smash Fans: Whaaaa-
Sakurai: IT'S SUPER RIDLEY THURSDAY!!!
Smash Fans: *insert epic celebration here*
he's drinking purple, that good enough?
I guess. Being a dragon helps, too.
Samus can stand confirmed! :laugh: :chuckle: :awesome: :p ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to think Sakurai is just going to randomly update new characters on the site whenever he feels like it.
Sakurai: Hey guys, it's the third thursday of the month! you know what that means?!
(dev team is confused)
Sakurai: THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE OLIMAR

Dev team: Oh, that Sakurai! *Insert sit-com musical cue here* There's also a laugh track. And a freeze frame.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
I think Bowser may have been repostured so that there wouldn't be as much size difference between him and the new biggest character. :)
(Half joking. That seems to be on-model with all of his recent depictions.)

Maybe we should get a scale photo update with Bowser standing upright.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Similar conspiracy theory: Samus is getting her sleeker Other M design rather than an amalgamation of previous designs because the developers want a larger size and weight discrepancy between her and Ridley, so as to keep some degree of canon within their portrayals.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: It's "How to Play" Tuesday!!!"
Sakurai: It's "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!" Wednesdays!
Sakurai: It's-
Smash Fans: We get it, CRAPPY UPDATE THURSDAY!!!
Sakurai: I'm not confirmed Dr. Baby Paper Waluigi in his sports outfit no.
Smash Fans: Whaaaa-
Sakurai: IT'S SUPER RIDLEY THURSDAY!!!
Smash Fans: *insert epic celebration here*

I guess. Being a dragon helps, too.

Samus can stand confirmed! :laugh: :chuckle: :awesome: :p ;)
Sure, Samus can stand.
But can Metroid crawl?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sure, Samus can stand.
But can Metroid crawl?
SO MANY CONSPIRACY THEORIES!!!

Is Samus still whiny?
Is Ridley going to eat any other characters=???
And just what the heck is up with that stripped/zig-zag wool sweatshirt Golden is wearing=???

Find out next time ON DRAGON BALL Z RIDLEY OWNS THEE!!! :troll: :laugh: :grin: ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Old news. While I don't believe it means anything (I dislike over-analyzing anything), I like to think that we will get a Ridley reveal soon.
I'd imagine that Mega Man can keep the hype up for quite a while still. They're probably gonna announce veterans first, and then less anticipated newcomers like Palutena or something. I can see them pulling a Dedede with Ridley, unveiling him late in the site's lifespan, as to keep hype even.

But man, ever since the WFT's unveil I can't help but feeling stupid for trying to predict Sakurai, so what's the point? :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ridley is in the roster, he would likely be revealed more than a few months in. Honestly the next few characters revealed might just be Melee and Brawl vets.

D

Deleted member

Other M Ridley's looking pretty likely at this point...

Better than nothing, right?

D

Deleted member

He goes both quadroped and biped in Other M.
But regardless, being primarily quadroped would not be an issue.

D

Deleted member

Being on all fours could also be a possible way to help the "size issue".
He can still be really big; but he seems a bit small due to not standing at his full height.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Like this!

I was actually thinking more like this.

Seriously, look at how much bigger Ivysaur is when he stands on 2 legs.

I do think this pic gives some good insight, if nothing else. I imagine Ridley would work well if his neck were less lanky, more bendy like Zard.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I actually agree with his very last point.

Not to be a buzzkill, and you guys are still free to hope for your favorite character, but please don't delude yourself and others into thinking this is a "highly likely" scenario with a "shoo-in character". Especially after every newcomer we got made a mockery of every "highly likely" character suggestion that graces this board on a daily basis.
I still think he smells funny, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like all of this size talk. IsmaR's post in particular about Ivysaur's size was particularly eye-opening. Ivysaur is twice as tall standing up. Another good example is Wolf, who is one of the taller characters, yet crouches, and because of that appears to be the smallest Star Fox character. I think Ridley could predominately be on all four legs like Ivysaur, and lean in at an angle like Wolf. If Ridley did that, he could easily be "shorter" than Bowser, yet remain longer, and at certain parts of the body (specifically the tail and the head [size]) he could be longer and/or wider in those regards.
Oh God, that beak.
Those random-*** purple spikes don't really fly with me either. What the **** were they thinking?
Team Ninja Head Honcho: "Well, we succeeded in making the Ninja Gaiden reboots' sequels progressively worse with each installment. What do we do to Metroid to duplicate this success at failure=???"
Team Ninja Employee: "We can make Ridley look like a rejected Power Rangers villain, and then, we'll make Samus totally a whiny little baby!"

Edit: That dude is saying don't expect unconventional stuff after we got freaking an Animal Crossing character (which Sakurai flat out said he didn't imagine it as a fighter 5 1/2 years ago in the "Iwata Asks" interview), and he adds the Wii Fit Trainer, who literally fights by doing exercise moves. Seriously, did this idiot and all of his fellow gimmick-following idiots not catch on that Sakurai can literally make any character into a fighter in smash bros=???

Top Bottom