• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think a Ridley air grab gimmick would have to work with a gimmick that allows him to float above the ground. Think Peach but forever and only above platforms.

D

Deleted member

So, you've broken 1,000 pages Ridley thread, what are you gonna do now?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Woke up one page late... RIDLEY CONFIRMED.
Mornin'

..Of course I'd miss 1000th page =.=

Guys, guys, it's ok. I'm probably the most important person in this thread, and I missed page 1000, so you all are forgiven. Sometimes, you can't account for all the variables, like endless mod spam.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, guys, it's ok. I'm probably the most important person in this thread, and I missed page 1000, so you all are forgiven. Sometimes, you can't account for all the variables, like endless mod spam.
Was Ridley confirmed in a secret direct though? :troll::samus::samus::troll:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hurray Page 1001

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
IMG_0837.PNG

Y'know I'd probably make better pictures if I upgraded from an Ipod

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ugh... My damn dog came right up and whined in my ear for nothing, and now I have a wonderful collective five hours of sleep. Super.

Uhh... I think a sort of Meta re-texture would be pretty cool. Probably.

D

Deleted member

So I wake up this morning after that fiasco to find the thread isn't locked anymore.

What a pleasant surprise.

Looks like my life isn't over yet.

Also:
What pallet swaps do people want?
Black Ridley is best Ridley. But a Blood-Red Ridley color would also look pretty cool, and I expect that one a little bit more than a Black Color, tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So I wake up this morning after that fiasco to find
the thread isn't locked anymore.

What a pleasant surprise.

Looks like my life isn't over yet.
Honestly if @ IsmaR IsmaR hadn't joke locked the thread I would've been disappointed

the fact that she did it on the last post of page 999 by accident made it all the sweeter, xD

The Ridley trolldome lives on

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well we made it to the thousand area very nice.

Lets see how far we can get till the august direct (since its likely the momment of truth will be there.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Lets see how far we can get till the august direct (since its likely the momment of truth will be there.)
I honestly doubt we'll know until the game comes out.

I wouldn't be putting my eggs in the August basket if I were you guys. Hold your breath until September.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I expect the final roster, which would include the veterans that did make it in, to start being leaked somewhere next month. Didn't the legitimate Brawl leaks start a few months before the original release of Brawl?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Bah, I missed the 1000 page celebration.

But oh well, I'll be on topic for the remainder of this thread's existence. I thought about Ridley's standard attacks, and he should use his tail-spike for multi-hit jabs. It would differentiate him from Bowser and Charizard, who detractors often use as examples of Ridley being "unoriginal".

So basically, his tilts, and his aerials should all use it in some form instead of his claws.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'd really like his Nintendo Land design:

And Ice Ridley colour as well:

#SWAG :troll:

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I missed some pages so can someone explain to me what's this "closed thread" thing ?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I expect the final roster, which would include the veterans that did make it in, to start being leaked somewhere next month. Didn't the legitimate Brawl leaks start a few months before the original release of Brawl?
If I remember correctly it wasn't actually too long before the Japanese release. I want to say weeks, not months.

I'll have to look it up for sure.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's kind of funny that they do that because it seems like people don't realize how often we're joking when we latch onto everything. :p Like 95% of the time

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always remembered it being leaked a few weeks before Brawl's release in Japan. So I would probably start worrying for Ridley around August (wow, how ironic).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
D`OH I MISSED 1000TH PAGE!
Nice image, @Angelglory...but i would prefer it to be 300% Ridley instead of just 1/3 Ridley...but that is just me.

And i am against idea of Ridley being as bad on the ground as Little Mac is bad in the air. At least Brawl Bowser bad would be perfect because Ridley was shown to be pretty fast on the ground in games where he was on the ground for a part of the battle. He still has end lag and start lag (they are called so, right?) in those games...
FRICK I fell asleep.

Dang it.

Ah well, who cares.

RIDLEY 4 SMASH 4
xD You two aren't the only ones that missed page 1000. but I don't gently care if I missed it, baing able to post in this thread again makes me happy enough.

-u- And I changed my avi to my Ridley war propaganda (well, part of it), it is way TOO BIG to fit on my scanner...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
is anyone else annoyed on how Game Explain makes fun of Ridley fans.
Well didn't they use the cloud as an example of Pac-Man getting in? I don't see how they're any better than us for doing crap like that. Also, I don't think the Kremlings mean that K. Rool is a lock (it might mean he's a boss hazard).

Ignore them, like I do. Their videos don't mean anything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I always remembered it being leaked a few weeks before Brawl's release in Japan. So I would probably start worrying for Ridley around August (wow, how ironic).
Why was it released so early before its actual Japanese release? I remember it happening, I just don't remember how.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
They say Ridley supporters cling onto anything, yet when they see a homage to balloon fight with Villagers they think it's a whole new mode,

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
They say Ridley supporters cling onto anything, yet when they see a homage to balloon fight with Villagers they think it's a whole new mode,

Exactly. Their videos are crap, and they know just as little as the rest of the fanbase.

But we're getting off-topic here, and I don't want this thread to be locked. So what about jabs? I said that Ridley using his tail-spike in all of his standard moves would work better than his claws because that's the move he's most famous for in Metroid.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Oh come on, for once that Sakurai talk about size but nobody take it seriously, people still say that we did ?

I didn't see any Ridley fans here, on gamefaqs or neogaf really thinking that it was a reference to Ridley, so who did ? Miiverse ?

We are already seen as the laughing stock of smash fans by a lot of people for some reason, why would you make it even worse with something that we didn't even say or thought ?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Exactly. Their videos are crap, and they know just as little as the rest of the fanbase.

But we're getting off-topic here, and I don't want this thread to be locked. So what about jabs? I said that Ridley using his tail-spike in all of his standard moves would work better than his claws because that's the move he's most famous for in Metroid.
It's sad because from what I've seen, despite their attitude, their analysis is better than most other people who do this stuff on Youtube. r__r

Anyway, I'm not sure. In the DK picture, it seems way too bright to be a reflection to me personally, but the way the camera is, it could be a reflection from the front of the stage. So I dunno.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

I actually think most of their vids are really good, especially the analysis.
However, they often get their terminology (calling stages 'arenas') or misunderstand a fan base (as seen today), which can tick many off
On Topic: About that lava again. thoughts?

Top Bottom